Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Estranged From Your Family? Here’s Why You Should Stop Feeling Guilty - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Estranged From Your Family? Here’s Why You Should Stop Feeling Guilty (306 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Husband Sets Estranged Wife On Fire, She Grabs Him & Both Get Burnt / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Estranged From Your Family? Here’s Why You Should Stop Feeling Guilty by SonofIssachar: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
Do you have family members you choose not to see or speak with? If so, you probably feel very sad about that, especially at a time of year when most families gather together. But if you’re also feeling guilty over it, it’s time to stop. Recent research has shed new light on the phenomenon of family estrangement. Here are some of the most surprising findings:

1. It’s more common than you think.

In a British survey from 2014, 19 percent of respondents reported that either they themselves or one of their relatives had no contact with the family. That fits with my own experience. I have several friends who either don’t talk to at least one of their family members or didn’t for many years. And I myself have gone through lengthy periods when I was not on speaking terms with one relation or another. I’d bet you also know several people who are or have been estranged from their families……………………….

Read More: https://valourdigest.com/estranged-from-your-family-heres-why-you-should-stop-feeling-guilty/

(1) (Reply)

Is It True? / Today Is The International Day For The Prevention Of Child Abuse / Dumo Confesses!!! He Will Not Bury His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.