Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co (29237 Views)

EFCC Arrests Suspected Internet Fraudster In Port Harcourt With Charms (photos) / Whose Client Is This?? Nigerians Really Making A Name Out There. / Notorious Female Fraudster Arrested In Ghana After 9 Months On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Legendguru: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
lilfreezy:
I hate fraudsters. Haven said that, you never snitch on a client in the open, it makes you a terrible lawyer. And no criminal will wanna hire you. All criminals all over the world have lawyers but you don't see them snitching in court. If you have to snitch, do it on a low low. Now the client might just place a bounty on him.
What the lawyer did is quite bad, money must be involved.
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by daddytime(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
Venerable612:

1. A lawyer is an officer of the court. R. 30 - Rules of Professional Conduct for lawyers (RPC)

2. The first duty of a lawyer is to the Court.

3. Lawyers have obligations to reveal fraud or criminal intent of their clients - regardless of privilege. S. 192 Evidence Act; R. 14 (5), R. 19 Rules of Professional Conduct for lawyers.

The public needs to understand these things before passing negative comments about lawyers on the internet.

Thanks a load for this lecture.

Learnt something new...
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Slurity(m): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
lilfreezy:
I hate fraudsters. Haven said that, you never snitch on a client in the open, it makes you a terrible lawyer. And no criminal will wanna hire you. All criminals all over the world have lawyers but you don't see them snitching in court. If you have to snitch, do it on a low low. Now the client might just place a bounty on him.
I don't think you read the story and digest its content. They lawyer have to withdraw from the case because his client has took dangerous moves to implicate the lawyer . If the layer did not speak up will be more deadly
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Topshow2010(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by 9jaRealist: 3:33am On Sep 26, 2019
SLAP44:
Maybe the client has refused to pay, or the accusers paid more.

Fear lawyers.

Whatever it was, he did the absolute RIGHT thing.
While Attorney-Client Privilege is important, a lawyer is an Officer of the Law and cannot actively assist a client in the commission of a crime.

>
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by exlinklodge: 3:57am On Sep 26, 2019
Wait oo

I thought there is a law that states that:

Lawyers will be disbarred if they reveal what their client told them in confidence to opposing lawyer or any other person, not to even talk of a judge.

Why isn't this animal being disbarred?
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by PassingShot(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2019
lilfreezy:
So, he should keep mute till the client absconds and the lawyer who is guaranteeing his appearance in court will now have to go through the troubles of producing him for court sessions?

You go fear reasoning!
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by surgical: 7:26am On Sep 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

That's the main thing...then there is the forgery.

Plus there is a solution to this issue....remove fuel subsidy. That dries up the money for people like Abubakar Peters...and forces them to work for their money.

In fairness to the evil crook....he is importing fuel at a loss under the subsidy regime. Landing costs is N200 and above, then he has to sell the fuel to marketers at below N145....and all government pays him is the difference. So he scams government by making subsidy claims for fuel not imported...and then makes a profit.

Some guys import fuel, then smuggle it to countries like Benin and Niger Republic where they sell fuel at above N300...and make their profit that way.

Remove fuel subsidy...sure we would be paying crooks like these high money for improting fuel. But the foreign and local investment that would flow in to build new refienreis, and new support strutrctures will soon bring increased production, reduced prices, and put people like Mr Peters in the positon of either adapting or getting out of buisness since there is no subsidy money to claim again.
You are advocating more hardship for the already improvished Nigerians
The only solution is for the government to find a of refining our petrol here how ever they do it
It is the job of government to do that don't shift it to the masses in form of subsidy removal,subsidy is caused by importation we don't have business Importing petroleum products a commodity we have comparative advantage of
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by galantjoe(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2019
This lawyer or barrister has killed his public practice as counsel. The sabotage is huge and highly unprofessional. In fact it will a big professional mistrust and integrity in law profession in Nigeria
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by mercyviv(f): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2019
This one has finally killed his client. He can't get out of this one!! grin
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by josite: 8:03am On Sep 26, 2019
The lawyer could have withdrew without revealing this much.
Having elected to practice at the criminal defence bar, he ought to have appraise the pro and con .
Now he placed himself in harm's way in a country where too many murder cases go unresolved.
Dining with the devil, even with a long spoon has consequences.
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Emanodimo(m): 9:21am On Sep 26, 2019
15ssDRIVE:
You mouth shall either set your free or lock you up.
Only defense team can say exactly what happened. But explaining your ex clients secret, can scare away prospective clients.

Your job is all about
See no evil
Talk no evil
Hear no evil

His job is all about........................Yeah, he needs to protect himself for prospective clients...

Yeah, there might be other way to disassociate himself from the case.

But that .............

Your job is all about
See no evil
Talk no evil
Hear no evil............ Is part of killings that can be worst than be killed at a gunpoint.

The lawyer might have done that cuz he is facing the FGN not an individual. Belief me, he must have been counsel by other colleagues and that seems to be the best option for him.

1 Like

Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2019
Emanodimo:

His job is all about........................Yeah, he needs to protect himself for prospective clients...

Yeah, there might be other way to disassociate himself from the case.

But that .............

Your job is all about
See no evil
Talk no evil
Hear no evil............ Is part of killings that can be worst than be killed at a gunpoint.

The lawyer might have done that cuz he is facing the FGN not an individual. Belief me, he must have been counsel by other colleagues and that seems to be the best option for him.

Yes Boss,
I agree oh. But any one who steals millions in dollars,ain’t nobody to be bleeped with.
They got eyes and ears on the ground. They know a-z.
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by DeHumbleTboy: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2019
lilfreezy:
. And that's how the news boost. UNKNOWN ASSASSINERS MURDER A LAWYER
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
docadams:

Fraudster advocate!! Epele.

May the Force be with you
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
surgical:
You are advocating more hardship for the already improvished Nigerians
The only solution is for the government to find a of refining our petrol here how ever they do it
It is the job of government to do that don't shift it to the masses in form of subsidy removal,subsidy is caused by importation we don't have business Importing petroleum products a commodity we have comparative advantage of

Well, if subsidy is removed, there would be some hardship...but then all those people who have been licensed to build refinereis would build them, plus foreign and local investment would flow in

This would lead to improved production, which means lower prices. Need I say that there is the added benefit of more jobs.

We tried this for GSM....we allowed the GSM companies to come in and set their prices. Because there were no price controls, investment flowed in. (And the GSM companies built all the infrastruicture themselves...government did not build anything)
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by surgical: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Well, if subsidy is removed, there would be some hardship...but then all those people who have been licensed to build refinereis would build them, plus foreign and local investment would flow in

This would lead to improved production, which means lower prices. Need I say that there is the added benefit of more jobs.

We tried this for GSM....we allowed the GSM companies to come in and set their prices. Because there were no price controls, investment flowed in. (And the GSM companies built all the infrastruicture themselves...government did not build anything)
This is a false narrative that they have been trying to push unfortunately because they ve been at for some time people have started taking it as the truth
The issue of subsidy is a form of punishment from a wicked government stop importation and subsidy will stop
How is it convenient to be throwing away trillion annually instead of investing same in refineries,which will end subsidy and lower prices and even create massive jobs
My brother the issue of subsidy can never be justified to a knowledgeable object person
GSM and petrol don't have anything common
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
surgical:
This is a false narrative that they have been trying to push unfortunately because they ve been at for some time people have started taking it as the truth
The issue of subsidy is a form of punishment from a wicked government stop importation and subsidy will stop
How is it convenient to be throwing away trillion annually instead of investing same in refineries,which will end subsidy and lower prices and even create massive jobs
My brother the issue of subsidy can never be justified to a knowledgeable object person
GSM and petrol don't have anything common

Keep in mind that our refineries, even at full capacity cannot meet domestic need.(The last one was built 33 years ago).

Keep in mind that the whole subsidy thing too isn't allowing new investors build new refinereis....(Doangote is building his reifiery via loans. And fuel subsidy means he would be operating at a loss).

Keep in mind we need 3 or 4 new big refineries at $10bn each (our reserve is $44bn)....all of which HAVE to operate at a profit....which subsidy won't ;let them operate at....

That's why we cannot stop importation. There would be fuel scarcity enmasse.

And, yes, GSM correlates. Because government did not bring in subsides and price controls for the GSM companies...they poured in investment that built our GSM infrastruccture...and prices for SIM went down from N10000 a sin in 2003 TO N1000 or less today. All without government spending any money.
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by surgical: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Keep in mind that our refineries, even at full capacity cannot meet domestic need.(The last one was built 33 years ago).

Keep in mind that the whole subsidy thing too isn't allowing new investors build new refinereis....(Doangote is building his reifiery via loans. And fuel subsidy means he would be operating at a loss).

Keep in mind we need 3 or 4 new big refineries at $10bn each (our reserve is $44bn)....all of which HAVE to operate at a profit....which subsidy won't ;let them operate at....

That's why we cannot stop importation. There would be fuel scarcity enmasse.

And, yes, GSM correlates. Because government did not bring in subsides and price controls for the GSM companies...they poured in investment that built our GSM infrastruccture...and prices for SIM went down from N10000 a sin in 2003 TO N1000 or less today. All without government spending any money.
fuel is a social commodity, GSM is not a necessity ,both can't be treated same way
For petroleum products the country has a comparative advantage,which the citizens should benefit
The cost on subsidy are made of cost of transportation,insurance,clearing,demourage, cost of refining plus profit,which will be eliminated if the product is refined in Nigeria, the country also gain in terms of job for its youths
The current practice is being penny wise pound foolish
This is fuel by greed and corruption
The amount wasted on subsidy is enough to built refineries that will meet our needs and those in the West African sub region,from which foreign exchange can be earned and will also end smuggling of petroleum products across our borders,which is simply business responding to gaps
Re: My Billionaire Client Is Fraudster, Threat To National Security, Lawyer Tells Co by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 27, 2019
surgical:
fuel is a social commodity, GSM is not a necessity ,both can't be treated same way
For petroleum products the country has a comparative advantage,which the citizens should benefit
The cost on subsidy are made of cost of transportation,insurance,clearing,demourage, cost of refining plus profit,which will be eliminated if the product is refined in Nigeria, the country also gain in terms of job for its youths
The current practice is being penny wise pound foolish
This is fuel by greed and corruption
The amount wasted on subsidy is enough to built refineries that will meet our needs and those in the West African sub region,from which foreign exchange can be earned and will also end smuggling of petroleum products across our borders,which is simply business responding to gaps

So, in essence you are saying they should remove subsidy....which means automatic increased prices...so that the money saved can be used for building refineries.

Okay...

I should add that price increases are needed ...so that profits can be made...which can be reinvested in jobs and more refinereis, and upgrading exisiting stock.
AFTER...an intial price increases...increased competition and production will eventually lead to prices dropping.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Impostor Caught Taking N.5m To “kill” A Fraud Case (pictured) / Family Forgives Woman Who Poured Hot Water On Her Sleeping Niece, Sparks Outrage / Boot Prints Left By Fulani Herdsmen Who Killed 2 Priests & 15 Others In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.