Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages (3854 Views)

Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / Zain Nigeria Slashes Call, Sms Tariffs, Offers Free Night Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Emmyk(m): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2010
Brothas, this is what I personally have waited for long ago. Zain Nigeria is the first network to start this! You can update ur status,comments etc with this. Inshort, you get your notifications on your zain phone which needs no internet connection and maybe stop the messages you get in your mails. To get started Goto Settings>SMS, , On facebook. Or send 'fb' to 40405.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Mafia4life(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
what are the terms and condition, I mean charges
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Emmyk(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2010
I fink it 10 naira to get started.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by WackyJ1(m): 3:04am On Nov 04, 2010
#10, That's cheap. Are there any charges as you continue to use the service?
When will mtn start this?
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Emmyk(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hello, I've not activated it either. Just received a message 'bout it and I confirmed it on facebook. But I think the further charges cannot be above 10boxs.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Dclique(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2010
N10 is fair
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Pilotman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
Etisalat were d 1st but dias cost N20/sms
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Phate07(m): 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
keeping fingers crossed till further development. angry
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by xammy(m): 5:22am On Nov 10, 2010
This is not NEW , the service has been there for more than six month
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by alex406(m): 5:38am On Nov 10, 2010
I've known this quite a while now.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by oseiwe(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2010
N10? Its too expensive. 10k would b better. My facebook bookmark costs less.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by fbiswagger: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2010
I have been using this for quite a while and it is;

[size=18pt]100% free[/size].

no N10 charge or any charge at all.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by byke2swag: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2010
old school wit poor service.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by rafmike(m): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2010
no time for zain network
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by cecegorz(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2010
Emmyk:

Brothas, this is what I personally have waited for long ago. Zain Nigeria is the first network to start this! You can update your status,comments etc with this. Inshort, you get your notifications on your zain phone which needs no internet connection and maybe stop the messages you get in your mails. To get started Goto Settings>SMS, , On facebook. Or send 'fb' to 40405.

Guy, if you happen to be Zain's snake oil marketer, better tell them to wake up fast.

MTN and GLO had been doing weekly and daily full Blackberry services and recently MTN crashed the price to 3k/month, and you are here talking about sms service being great     
SMS service has been free on all networks since time immemorial.

How many times will you update profile and comments before you #10 turns to 5k?
People should rather do monthly 1k full browsing option that that sms crap joo!
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by apoti(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2010
Mtel has been offering this service since last year N5/sms grin
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by chinedumo(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2010
apoti:

Mtel has been offering this service since last year N5/sms grin

hahahahahaha
is Mtel stil alife?
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by COMPAQ(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2010
Zain is on the verge of dying. I doubt if zain can last the next 5 years. Nothing seems to coming from Zain by way of new developments. I've not been able to browse on my zain line for about 2 months now. Their BB is the worst, their website is awful, they can barely afford to advertise etc. The poor state of their books is obviously why it keeps getting sold.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Mafia4life(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2010
I don't think its gonna be for updating status or posting comment. It is just a notification sms. The cost is on facebook and not you. I guess the N10 is just for sending the code to register.
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by ayo84(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2010
so after like how many months,now zain is offering this service,what were they waiting for,i was so excited when i heard an indian company acquired zain,hoping to see cheap everything,cos its now indian operated,and trust indians ,their stuff is cheap
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by lekside44(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
of what use is it when i am fully on a bb service?
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by chelseabmw(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
Good news. . .other networks should take an example
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Emmyk(m): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
Hello, so if you are sayin zain didnt start it first, why did other networks not put it on facebook all this while? Cos if u select Nigeria as your country, it brings out only zain ng.and that other networks donnot support it. I'm no zain marketer anyways,that guy, dont take it personal. It's zain that charge u and not facebook when u activate it!
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by fASHiam(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2010
We need them to make call rates cheaper and try eliminate dropped calls on their network. These are just the basics of any telecoms company in the whole.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Ymodulus: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2010
mtel!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by Birniwa(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
This service can only be useful if u're a heavy Facebook user and u wanted to use it when you're out of internet connection. I'd rather subscribe for MTN's or Etisalat's 100MB per month for N1000
Re: Zain Nigeria Starts Facebook Text Messages by wazobiang: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
Zain charges 5 kobo per/kB of data sent over its internet. thats more than enough for a text message. thats 1024 chaaracters. Now you want to pay 10 naira for facebook connection. we're so daft in Nigeria.

This is just liike the Blackberry they are using to milk people that don't even need the blackberry services in the first place. Just open facebook mobile on your phone and update your status, chat and send messages to your friends. depending on your phone, there are even mobile apps that you can launch on your phone, meaning you don't even need to download the facebook page on your phone.

its robbery! beware.

(1) (Reply)

Newly Discovered! You Can Now Download Freely Follow My Screenshots / How To Network Unlock MTN S730/s720i Phones And Other Android Phones / 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.