Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? (9572 Views)

How To Make Your Android Phone's Fingerprint Scanner More Accurate / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by ecclize: 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
THIS OYINBO PEOPLE JUST WANT CHOP PPL MONEY WITH SONIC
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by SEGLIZ: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Rubiesangel: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
I bet local phone engineers don't know this. lol
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Yyvonne: 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
I think I prefer the ultrasonic cos of it's speed
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by sunshineV(f): 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ultrasonic and optical on a Tecno phone na trash
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by sniperwolf(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
eni4real:
Which one is on Samsung A70 pls??

I want to confirm something!!!

Optical scanner. Ultrasonic are usually for high-end phones, like the ones in S10 and Note10

1 Like

Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Blastedholligan: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2019
Xneg:

That's the physical finger print scanner.
they now have the inscreen fingerprint
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2019
Blastedholligan:
My question is which one are mostly found in smartphones? And what type does that Tecno Camon 12 uses?

Optical sensor.
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:24am On Sep 30, 2019
sunshineV:
Ultrasonic and optical on a Tecno phone na trash

I guess you've not tried it on the Phantom 9 or the Camon 12 Pro.
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by sunshineV(f): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

I guess you've not tried it on the Phantom 9 or the Camon 12 Pro.

Alaye shattap dia phantom 9 issa disaster. Any Tecno phone advice 40k na scam
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by tafat: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
nice one at op, atleast i have learned something new about in finger print scanners
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by sureinfo: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
nice ,so much to learn from this, i wonder which one is on the camon 12
Ennyholar:
In recent times In-screen fingerprint sensor has become a trend in the Android smartphone world. There are basically two types of in-display fingerprint scanners: Optical and Ultrasonic scanner. They function the same on the surface.

But underneath, both are vastly different in terms of unlocking method and security. So we're comparing them for you to pick whichever suits your usage.

HOW DO THEY WORK?

Optical Sensor : captures the 2D image of the fingerprint and stores the data on the device. So, when you press the display to authenticate your identity, the screen lights up to illuminate the fingerprint. A tiny camera behind the display takes the image of your finger and then compares it to the stored image.

Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner : they uses very high-frequency sound. The waves are used to map out the details of the user’s fingerprint. The sensor can detect mechanical stress to calculate the intensity of the returning ultrasonic pulse at different points on the scanner, which ultimately generates a highly detailed 3D reproduction of the scanned fingerprint. This data is used to match with the existing fingerprint data on the device.

But when comparing the two side by side, the ultrasonic ones have an upper edge. The optical fingerprint scanner needs to generate a detailed 2D image of the fingerprint. As a result, it requires more press than usual on display. It’s not heartbreaking but coming from a physical scanner, it might feel slow compared to the optical scanner which might be less secure.

So which do you prefer the Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner or the optical Sensor scanner?

https://www.guidingtech.com/ultrasonic-fingerprint-scanner-vs-optical-fingerprint-scanner-how-do-they-differ/

Cc lalasticlala , Dragnet , Honsule , Puskin
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by Behankey(m): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
I don't like any lol
Re: Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? by tck2000(m): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
i

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Corper Bought In Aba This Morning [photo] / 10 Android Apps Not Found On Play Store / NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.