Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi (65998 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by simiife: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2019
saintokwuluora:

You asked which player performed better last season? For me it has to Virgil. [b]Even Messi with all his magical talent could not dribble him over 180 mins of football [/b]and no player both in the EPL and UCL could dribble him. Moreover his team historically dumped Messi's team out of UCL and went ahead to win. I wonder if defenders are not footballers?

U guys shud tell van dik to stop running when he sees Messi first
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by saintokwuluora(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
simiife:

U guys shud tell van dik to stop running when he sees Messi first
If Van Dijk runs when he sees Messi then Messi have no excuse for not scoring hat trick in both legs of last season UCL semi finals.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by simiife: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
saintokwuluora:

If Van Dijk runs when he sees Messi then Messi have no excuse for not scoring hat trick in both legs of last season UCL semi finals.

because van dik is d only defender sat played against Messi na
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
I am not sure you read to understand but to defend Messi. A Player is as good as his last season, if you understand. Well can worship Messi if you want if you read my previous post, then you won't won't be making unnecessary comments
eni4real:

Messi is a better player than Iniesta!!!

Messi is a better player than Modric..

Messi and Lukaku can not be mentioned in the same sentence..

But if Lukaku has a great year in SerieA and also perform greatly by winning the UCL Golden boot and winning European Golden shoe, score 54 goals, scored most free kicks in a season, contributed 74 out of 96 goals of his team, become the best SerieA player, has most assist in SerieA, win SerieA title with Inter Milan and the Italian Super cup , win Bronze medal with Belgium in 2020 Euro...

He will win the 2020 Ballon d'or!!!

If he can achieve all that I stated above!!!

All he need is aboved achievement, his name does not disqualify him!! !
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by m140(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Amaka52:

Ogogoro Messi fan.

No mind him

See long epistle to defend rubbish

Smiles
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
Tokziby:
I thought as much

FIFA = Fraudulent International Federation Awards.

Fifa and Fraud are like 5 & 6

How will they give someone that's a local champion because of his goals. What about the defenders(Van Dijk) that stopped him and others from scoring or Gk Alisson that won 3 different golden gloves coupled with international(copa America ) and Ucl.

I bet if they look into 2010 awards they'll find something. The most undeserved award.

Today it's by goals, tomorrow is by trophy, next tomorrow na by world cup.
Fifa and lies confused mofos.
it’s by the brand!!! Imagine when modric won the award the value nearly died.....so these men know how to stay relevant with who they give the award
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by saintokwuluora(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
simiife:

because van dik is d only defender sat played against Messi na
While Messi is the only attacker that played against Van Dijk ni
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by simiife: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
saintokwuluora:

While Messi is the only attacker that played against Van Dijk ni

D topic of discussion here is y was Messi unable to dribble van dike,not y barca couldn't score to progress.

Of course van dike team mates were doing d marking 4 him
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
eni4real:
I always state it that he is the best defender in the world but he will never be the best player in the world!!!

Check all my previous comments!!
you are still repeating your bias so a defender has to score 100 goals to win Award right...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are still repeating your bias so a defender has to score 100 goals to win Award right...
Canavaro won it because of Zizou headbutt..

If you want to study a Ballon d'or worthy defender.. Go and learn about Beckenbauer!!!

He is the only defender that win the Ballon d'or unconditionally!!!

That is how to compete with an excellent forward not by merely avoiding dribbling or relying on Allison for world class saves!!!

Better Origi next time!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
Correcto:
I am not sure you read to understand but to defend Messi. A Player is as good as his last season, if you understand. Well can worship Messi if you want if you read my previous post, then you won't won't be making unnecessary comments
There is nothing unnecessary about a player involving in 74 out of 96 goals of his team..

I bet you have never seen anything like that since you have started watching football!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Involve or score? Football is team game
eni4real:
There is nothing unnecessary about a player involving in 74 out of 96 goals of his team..

I bet you have never seen anything like that since you have started watching football!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
Correcto:
Involve or score? Football is team game
involved

Scored 54, assisted 20
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
After all goals, did he win the champions league or any with Argentina. It is easy to score the likes Elbar 3 to 4
eni4real:
involved

Scored 54, assisted 20
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
Correcto:
After all goals, did he win the champions league or any with Argentina. It is easy to score the likes Elbar 3 to 4
What Champion's League did Ronaldo9 won in 96&97
What Champion's League did Ronaldinho won in 2004 and 2005

What Champion's League did Zizou won in 2003??

Or were there no Champion's League competition when they were voted as the undisputed best??

Allow Messi's achievement to educate you further.. This is an individual award!!!
It is not a team award!!!

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ServantsOfTruth: 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
If the two vote can't change anything then why rigging?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
Zizuo won world cup
eni4real:

Or were there no Champion's League competition when they were voted as the undisputed best??

Allow Messi's achievement to educate you further.. This is an individual award!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Zizuo had no good competitor then. Messi doesn't deserve this
eni4real:

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ServantsOfTruth: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

First you can state ur points without adding *FOOL* it's a free world.

Secondly Nicaragua's captain wasn't interviewed, he came out on social media to say he didn't voted at all cos fifa published the votes of who voted and who they voted for, so anyone can complain if they notice thier votes were changed. And Fifa responded to the captain by providing evidence recieved from Nicaragua Football Association that the captain voted with signature and Stamp. Fifa has petitioned the Nicaragua FA on the issue to explain what they sent if the captain didn't vote

Thirdly, Sudan's coach denied the claim and stated that that screen shot wasn't from him and that the vote published by fifa was correct as he just as he voted. The screenshot was posted on twitter by someone with no link with sudan or the coach, that was the only source if the screenshot as everyone else copied the news and screenshot from thaf twitter account. The owner of that handle is a well known Ronaldo fan.

U might wanto review who u call fools

ServantofTruth, always see and the truth, don't let centiments cloud ur judgement as u are an annoited servant of the truth

You are full of poo

Poo tell the world when did the sudanese and Nicaragua captain denied the claim that they did vote for Messi

If you don't prove this you are the biggest fool on earth for giving false information

Poo
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 28, 2019
Correcto:
Zizuo had no good competitor then. Messi doesn't deserve this
What about those that won the 2003 UCL??
Are they not the trophy winners like VVD grin??
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 28, 2019
Correcto:
Zizuo won world cup
in 2003??
If I backhand you grin!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2019
saintokwuluora:

Allison, the shot stopper..

Allison, the VVD expander!! grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 12:24am On Sep 28, 2019
You can slap yourself, but keep shut about world cup when it comes to messi
eni4real:
in 2003??
If I backhand you grin!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2019
Correcto:
You can slap yourself, but keep shut about world cup when it comes to messi
He ignored the correcttion completely...
But focus on the other statement despite that emoji shocked shocked Chai!!!

Zizou won the World cup in 98!!!
He did not win it in 2002
And there was no World cup in 2003
But there was a UCL, those that won the UCL like VVD could not win the FIFA best player award, Zizou won it cool

The best will always be the best.. No matter what!!

Messi is the best of the best now.... Get used to it!!!
"Officially", in Infatino's voice grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:05am On Sep 28, 2019
eni4real:
Canavaro won it because of Zizou headbutt..

If you want to study a Ballon d'or worthy defender.. Go and learn about Beckenbauer!!!

He is the only defender that win the Ballon d'or unconditionally!!!

That is how to compete with an excellent forward not by merely avoiding dribbling or relying on Allison for world class saves!!!

Better Origi next time!!!
go sleep u are petty Messi worshiper... VVD ll win the ballon dor since guys like you who thinks Messi is football won't vote...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 28, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
go sleep u are petty Messi worshiper... VVD ll win the ballon dor since guys like you who thinks Messi is football won't vote...
Drop your vote.. Allow others to drop their votes.

Whoever have more votes will win.... Just like Modric defeated everyone in 2018!!!

It is all about votes...

This is not UEFA award tho, it is the Ballon d'or!!

For your information, George Weah did not win the UCL when he won it...

It is an an individual award!!!

May the BEST player win it again cool

VVD: " Messi is the best player in the world and should win the Ballon d'or as long as he play, but if I am voted as the best player, I will take it"

Even VVD knows that it is all about votes.. grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:12am On Sep 28, 2019
eni4real:
Drop your vote.. Allow others to drop their votes.

Whoever have more votes will win.... Just like Modric defeated everyone in 2018!!!

It is all about votes...

This is not UEFA award tho, it is the Ballon d'or!!

For your information, George Weah did not win the UCL when he won it...

It is an an individual award!!!

May the BEST player win it again cool
ballon dor is voted sorely by journalist not FIFA award that four category vote for...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 28, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
ballon dor is voted sorely by journalist not FIFA award that four category vote for...

VVD: " Messi is the best player in the world and should win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays, but if I am voted as the best, I will take it"

Even VVD knows that it is all about votes!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:17am On Sep 28, 2019
eni4real:

VVD: " Messi is the best player in the world and should win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays, but if I am voted as the best, I will take it"

Even VVD knows that it is all about votes!!
and Messi voted for Mane so Mane should have won then...messi worshiper
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 28, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
and Messi voted for Mane so Mane should have won then...messi worshiper
But Messi did not make such declaration on Mane..

VVD knows who is the boss..

Messi is indirectly replying that he even rate Mane ahead of VVD!!

As an African, I agree with Messi..

You sound like an Ororo worshiper tho grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Djmeme: 7:33am On Sep 28, 2019
Tokziby:
I thought as much

FIFA = Fraudulent International Federation Awards.

Fifa and Fraud are like 5 & 6

How will they give someone that's a local champion because of his goals. What about the defenders(Van Dijk) that stopped him and others from scoring or Gk Alisson that won 3 different golden gloves coupled with international(copa America ) and Ucl.

I bet if they look into 2010 awards they'll find something. The most undeserved award.

Today it's by goals, tomorrow is by trophy, next tomorrow na by world cup.
Fifa and lies confused mofos.

You are the confused one here.
There's nowhere anyone is told criteria for winning, be it goals or trophy.

World best is by voting, it dosent matter if you score or win any trophy, as long as you were voted for by the majority, you will win.

Its just like an election, sometimes the best candidate don't win..

But all this aside, Messi was the best individual player last season.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by chayoski: 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
Amaka52:

Why didn't we give Salah the award last year for the puskas goal against Everton.

How old are you young man?

Give him an award because he is a legend

Do you know why modric won it last year?

Are you okay at all?
I am completely sure you quoted the wrong message. Please the person who talked about that goal should answer me so I can narrow my search...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: Nigerians, Celebrities React To Super Eagles Win / Ahmed Musa’s Expensive Car Collection (Photos) / Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.