Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi (66058 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ServantsOfTruth: 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Any person that says that there was no FIFA rigging
Is the most foolish soul on earth

Nicaragua captain, Juan Barrera was asked why he voted for Messi for

He said, "I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there."

The Nicaragua captain is not the only person who questioned the voting. Sudan head coach Zdravko Lugarusic has also claimed his votes were registered incorrectly.

According to FIFA's voting breakdown, the Sudan coach chose Messi in first place, Van Dijk in second and Mane in third, but he has since released a screenshot of his actual vote, which shows Mohamed Salah in first position, Mane in second and Kylian Mbappe in third.

Mess fan are the biggest fools on earth

When you want to talk come up with facts and stop making noise

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
VVD deserve the award football is not about goal scoring alone... lewandowski has more goals than mane and salah so he should have been nominated by your logic...the issue is we have become used to Messi and Ronaldo getting nominated every year that's why underate a defender and heck u are a fake Liverpool fan otherwise you will acknowledge VVD

because I am a Liverpool, I just not say the truth?
VVD = "Messi is the best player in the world and deserve to win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays.. But if I am voted as the best player in the world, I will take it" Dyje voted for messi

Kloop = "Messi is the best player in the world"

Mane = "Messi is the best player in the world and deserves to win Ballon d'or" and as senegal captain, mane voted for messi

Are they all fake Liverpool players and coaches?

Messi has =

La Liga Most MOTM award
Most chances created in Europe top five leagues
Most free-kick goals (defenders play free kicks too)
La Liga Most Valuable player
UCL best Forward (VVD won best UCL, defender and player tho)
La liga most assits
UCL most man of the week awards (i.e. he performed the best among all players in all teams in UCL in a particular week)

If i con mention the goals

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
avsadeeq0:
Ronaldo and his shameless fans should head to tribunal and let us rest abeg leo remains the GOAT
VVD will just be mocking them..

VVD be like: I even voted for Messi as the best. I know he is the best player in the world.. I came 2nd after the whole voting... But this 3rd position guy and his fans are heading to the Tribunal, what a joke grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by gly(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

This particular statement shows whoever wrote this article is a Ronaldo fan, and is biased

1 claim by Nicaragua captain - Nicaragua case, fifa provided evidence of the captain voting, it was stamped and signed, sent by Nicaragua FA, the captain should goan face his FA.

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ Sudan coach has denied saying that, and confirmed the whole screenshot wasn't from him

1 claim voted for salah - fifa gave reasons

Lets wait and see if other people will come out to deny the votes, because all votes were published

I want to ask a question. Which player performance the best last season?

Lets all be truthful in all we do regardless of fan base

for now those 3 votes are immaterial.

Your points are well noted. Even the 3 votes as claimed by your analysis are truly immaterial. However my emphasis is on the issue of transparency. FIFA has proven Beyond reasonable doubt that they have things to hide and corruption is not free from her mode of operation. It is a shame if it is true that a vote of one person was given to another. My two cents.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
cusBeta:

Anyone that is angry that Messi won should organize his own award, invite Ronaldo as give it him. They don't need to watch the clip, they already know Messi in football.
They will soon do that.. Make my word... Some Cricket organizations will give Ronaldo "Best soccer player award"
That will happen after the Ballon d'or ceremony

The Ballon d'or is obviously between VVD and Messi... Ronaldo will not show up again.. Boycott loading...
. That is a bad spirit, to be sincere!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by johnad3(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Seh you know say nah you be the number1 mumu weh i go ever see, messi outplayed everyone? But when it comes to van dijk, and cr7 it was team effort abi 4 your mouth . You just deh contradict yourself.

Where were you when cr7 was setting up record first to ever won 4 major league and van dijk was stopping messi cheaply last season and messi was finding it difficult to score just one goal to move to the next step? How do they measure a big player when he couldnt deliver when it matter most?

Shame no deh catch you saw news where FIFA was manipulating votes for awards and you still get gut to talk rubbish, Bros you be mumu oooooo

When cr7 won ucl simultaneously, he was highest goal scorer, did messi won ucl last season? Iniesta and Xavi no deh barca again, make messi go seat don somewhere. UEFA nations league would be part qualification to use for euro 2020. If to say nah messi won it now you messi fans andmedia wouldnt lets hear words again. up cr7 joooo

kingkakaone:

Thank you.
I was waiting for them to say trophies Ronaldo won should have helped him win so that I can tell them that Benaldo won double of that and was even the MVP of UEFA nations league yet he wasn't nominated because the award is for individual performance.

Messi outplayed everyone last season, the stats are there to see.

Those shouting are not even saying they voted Ronaldo, they said they voted Salah or didn't vote at all so I don't see why Ronaldo's fans are crying.
Maybe it will make them feel good but deep down they understand that he didn't play to achieve the award.

Van Dijk was good but it was a team effort. This award is purely individual.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by JoffreyBeroth(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Seventy7kings:
shocked

VVD was actually robbed because they were just against Ronaldo.
[b][/b] will soon come and be shouting that her daddy, Buhari, will ask DSS to arrest the Egyptians for abusing fifa and planning treason grin

grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
u didn't see what he played in fit a world cup. Taking Russia to 1st ever world cup final. And played well at d league and UEFA champions league
*Croatia
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
dicefrost:

Given that Messi won with an 8 point margin, those claims would have changed the voting process.
Those claims are in favour of Salah.. . And that 48 points is just simple ratio!!

It will not change the vote by 1!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Olarewaju89: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
No go commit suicide ooh abeg grin grin

FuckDaMods:
I knew something was wrong! Fifalona
All those messi asslickers should go cover their heads in shame, useless set of humans.
Fifalona better cancel the whole thing and give the award to the rightful owner angry

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by jayjay2609: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
who would have quoted that... ? well let's wait for ballon dor when VVD ll collect his true prize Messi won a popular FIFA World Best not a deserved one

Thank you.. Now we're on the same page
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nevergree:

You suppose know that anyone that queue behind is a scam.
E.g BUBU
TACHA
MESSI
etc...
I have never seen a player receiving a standing ovation on winning the FIFA best player award before...

The standing ovations was unique!! !

Messi is the best ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
gly:

Your points are well noted. Even the 3 votes as claimed by your analysis are truly immaterial. However my emphasis is on the issue of transparency. FIFA has proven Beyond reasonable doubt that they have things to hide and corruption is not free from her mode of operation. It is a shame if it is true that a vote of one person was given to another. My two cents.

on issue of transparency = Fifa published the votings i.e. everyone that voted and who they voted for. The list is out there for anyone to deny thier votes.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Obason22(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
Robbery Everywhere, I think its about time messi changes club to see how far.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:
FIFA has always been fraud, no one would vote Modric ahead of Cr7 in last year’s award, not to talk of him being in this year’s FIFA pro...wen Messi didn’t make top 3 last year, I knew Ronaldo was about to get robbed , they just wanted to make it seem like everyone was affected.....This is not the first time players had been robbed to in a bid to award Messi the award, we saw it in 2010 even the year Spain won World Cup and Barca also won d Uefa champions league, Iniesta was snubbed and Messi was awarded, FIFA is fraud and would always be
VVD is not even crying.. He even voted Messi as the best in the world!!

But the player that has been coming 3rd in everything "individually" is the one heading to the Tribunal!!!

What a joke!!!

Quagrilera, Piatek and Zapata outscored him in the whole series A season... VAR has affected his goal tally seriously!!

He is still the best UCL player before VAR tho!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by fidelium7(m): 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:
No coach ever can vote messi. There's no other player in the world that can be scoring against Spain in the world cup canceling all their 3 goals. That alone is incredible and out of this world. Let me not even talk about Liverpool UCL blunder. Of course everyone knows u can't have Ronaldo in a team that needs just a goal to advance and he won't do it. I can bet 1m.
U obviously nor get 1m. How many goals Juventus needed to advance against Ajax?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Obason22:
Robbery Everywhere, I think its about time messi changes club to see how far.
Are you the one that paid for his growth Hormones problem??

Not everyone is ungrateful!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
There must be a rerun election we will not take it angry

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by MedicH: 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
fidelium7:

U obviously nor get 1m. How many goals Juventus needed to advance against Ajax?

As if 1m is a lot of money. 100m Nigerians are poor. Only 100m. Not everyone. Now swerve.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Insectkiller:
FIFA is a fraud!

It's clear now..

grin grin

2010: FIFA best Male Aware should have been WESLEY SNEIDJER (He won d UEFA Champions league, Serie A, Coppa Itallia under Inter Milan Jose Mourinho and he also got to the World cup Final)..

But FIFA rigged and stole it for Messi..
Mtcheeww..

The award has become useless..

And 2013 when Ribery won a treble and Ronaldo was trophyless?? grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by aladetosin(m): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
slawomir:
Whoever came up with this article is young, dumb and broke

Am an ardent fan of Liverpool
But i must confess Messi deserve this award
He is a legend

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country

See ehnnnn

i thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You need to see that goal!
Mr man u are not a liverpool fc supporter.VVD deserved it bcs of his stats as well.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Mccullum: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
MT:
The op should stop being MISCHIEVOUS. There was a voting process which had to be followed. If you failed to align yourself with the voting rules, then your votes got invalidated. That was the case with the Egyptian FA. In similar vein, Nicaraguan captain claimed he DID NOT vote at all but FIFA received a valid vote in his name submitted by the Nicaraguan FA. As far as FIFA was concerned, that would count as a vote, and its up to the Nicaraguan FA to conduct internal investigation to find out who submitted on their captain behalf. It is critical to be aware that PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Switzerland monitored the voting process and note that those claims would NOT have changed the voting result anyway.

Accept Lionel Messi as a credible GOAT because he is genuinely and indisputably one.

Your comments is full of bias and failed to question why controversy mostly covered circumstances when ever Messi voted as world best...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Superman94(m): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tokziby:
I thought as much

FIFA = Fraudulent International Federation Awards.

Fifa and Fraud are like 5 & 6

How will they give someone that's a local champion because of his goals. What about the defenders(Van Dijk) that stopped him and others from scoring or Gk Alisson that won 3 different golden gloves coupled with international(copa America ) and Ucl.

I bet if they look into 2010 awards they'll find something. The most undeserved award.

Today it's by goals, tomorrow is by trophy, next tomorrow na by world cup.
Fifa and lies confused mofos.

why didn't he stopped him from scoring in the first leg?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
Any person that says that there was no FIFA rigging
Is the most foolish soul on earth

Nicaragua captain, Juan Barrera was asked why he voted for Messi for

He said, "I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there."

The Nicaragua captain is not the only person who questioned the voting. Sudan head coach Zdravko Lugarusic has also claimed his votes were registered incorrectly.

According to FIFA's voting breakdown, the Sudan coach chose Messi in first place, Van Dijk in second and Mane in third, but he has since released a screenshot of his actual vote, which shows Mohamed Salah in first position, Mane in second and Kylian Mbappe in third.

Mess fan are the biggest fools on earth

When you want to talk come up with facts and stop making noise

First you can state ur points without adding *FOOL* it's a free world.

Secondly Nicaragua's captain wasn't interviewed, he came out on social media to say he didn't voted at all cos fifa published the votes of who voted and who they voted for, so anyone can complain if they notice thier votes were changed. And Fifa responded to the captain by providing evidence recieved from Nicaragua Football Association that the captain voted with signature and Stamp. Fifa has petitioned the Nicaragua FA on the issue to explain what they sent if the captain didn't vote

Thirdly, Sudan's coach denied the claim and stated that that screen shot wasn't from him and that the vote published by fifa was correct as he just as he voted. The screenshot was posted on twitter by someone with no link with sudan or the coach, that was the only source if the screenshot as everyone else copied the news and screenshot from thaf twitter account. The owner of that handle is a well known Ronaldo fan.

U might wanto review who u call fools

ServantofTruth, always see and the truth, don't let centiments cloud ur judgement as u are an annoited servant of the truth
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Patosky4U:
Many of those messing haters did not even read the article written by a pain ass ronaldo fan.... All the claim above are well clarified and if you are not okay with that my brother I guess you take next available keke and drive down to hell...

If u see nothing wrong with the pic below and u see something wrong with messi been crown world best then ur case worst pass bobrisky
The same way Cristiano was enjoying favours as Real Madrid players grin

Now I know of why he has not been the best player since he left Perez grin grin

Modric, Ramos and Marcelo should continue to pepper dem grin
When you leave Madrid, you go downhill!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by fidelium7(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

As if 1m is a lot of money. 100m Nigerians are poor. Only 100m. Not everyone. Now swerve.
Nairaland Dangote. Look at u
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by MedicH: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
fidelium7:

Nairaland Dangote. Look at u

You're derailing the post. I will chose Ronaldo over messi that's the essence of my input. Simply make urs in support of messi
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Correcto:
He did better individually, in which league? How? Do you rate a defender by the number of goals he scored? Messi does not deserve the award. Luca Toni was once a Top scorer but never won FIFA best.
You are comparing Luca Toni with Messi??
That is a big joke!!!

Highest goal in the UCL
Highest league goals in the whole Europe
Highest assists in La liga
Second highest assist in the whole Europe
Most free kicks in the whole Europe
One of the top chance creator in the whole Europe
Most dribble in Copa America
An individual Slayer of Comebol in Copa America, VARsil grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by cyrilamx(m): 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
Obec70:
Tell me among CR & VV who got the statistics put in place by FIFA as criteria for winning the world best player award? Let's face the facts even last year event wasn't fantastic, do we expect FIFA to repeat same mistake they made last year by given it to Lucas Mordric, were is he today as the reigning champion? No bi naija election bi dat take note.
By this assertion you agreed Fifa robbed Ronaldo last season. While I may not dispute the award of this season, Men at Fifa is obvious they hate Ronaldo. Sepp Blatter didnt hide it. Same error was done in 2010.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Then won what?
eni4real:
You are comparing Luca Toni with Messi??
That is a big joke!!!

Highest goal in the UCL
Highest league goals in the whole Europe
Highest assists in La liga
Second highest assist in the whole Europe
Most free kicks in the whole Europe
One of the top chance creator in the whole Europe
Most dribble in Copa America
An individual Slayer of Comebol in Copa America, VARsil grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
johnad3:
Hope stupid messi fans deh hear now where some of them are saying KING CR7 should take a bow can they now see? Na ojoro go kill FIFA and messi and his fans, shame on you people, una get wetin una wan talk abi? OK deh talk i deh hear
3rd position tho grin
Individually, he has been 3rd in everything this season!! He should not say a word.. Only VVD should contest but he won't because according to him:
"Messi is the best player in the world and should win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays... But if I am voted as the best player in the world, I will take it"

No wonder VVD voted for Messi as the best player in the World

Ronaldo should face Quagrilera, Piatek and Zapata in SerieA, then we can talk!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by fidelium7(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

You're derailing the post. I will chose Ronaldo over messi that's the essence of my input. Simply make urs in support of messi
On the topic. U r a fan of Ronaldo, I understand that. I respect Ronaldo's talent and work ethic too. But u don't have to undermine Messi's brilliance to highlight Ronaldo's. So I didn't see why u referenced Liv- Barca game to support whether Messi deserved his award or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club / Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Unclad Player Photobombs Ronaldo’s Selfie In Juventus Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.