Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi (66063 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
You just biased, which major trophy did Messi win last season with all this records aside his own league which teams from other league did participate?
ZinoFasisi:

Goals aside, He has

UCL most Man of The match awards (i.e. he was the best players in more matchs that VVD, there is no defender excuse here cos even keepers win MOTM awards too)

La Liga Most MOTM award
Most chances created in Europe top five leagues
Most free-kick goals (defenders play free kicks too)
La Liga Most Valuable player
UCL best Forward (VVD won best UCL, defender and player tho)
La liga most assits
UCL most man of the week awards (i.e. he performed the best among all players in all teams in UCL in a particular week)

If i con mention the goals
and other goal contributions

what else,

mention VVD's he carry champions league?
or as a defender, mention that special thing VVD did
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by expert234: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
A305:
Corruption even in FIFA! They would need the service of Buhari to head FIFA after finishing his second term as president in Nigeria.

So that cows can invade the pitch during an international competition, abi?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
Any person that says that there was no FIFA rigging
Is the most foolish soul on earth

Nicaragua captain, Juan Barrera was asked why he voted for Messi for

He said, "I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who votes for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there."

The Nicaragua captain is not the only person who questioned the voting. Sudan head coach Zdravko Lugarusic has also claimed his votes were registered incorrectly.

According to FIFA's voting breakdown, the Sudan coach chose Messi in first place, Van Dijk in second and Mane in third, but he has since released a screenshot of his actual vote, which shows Mohamed Salah in first position, Mane in second and Kylian Mbappe in third.

Mess fan are the biggest fools on earth

When you want to talk come up with facts and stop making noise
Ronaldo and his fans always making small teams popular for different reasons..

From Faroes Island, Cyprus Armenia and recently Lithuania to Nicaragua... He eventually mention the name of the Captain..

Even if they add all this voted for Ronaldo, he will still not catch VVD let alone Messi!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
johnad3:
Seh you know say nah you be the number1 mumu weh i go ever see, messi outplayed everyone? But when it comes to van dijk, and cr7 it was team effort abi 4 your mouth . You just deh contradict yourself.

Where were you when cr7 was setting up record first to ever won 4 major league and van dijk was stopping messi cheaply last season and messi was finding it difficult to score just one goal to move to the next step? How do they measure a big player when he couldnt deliver when it matter most?

Shame no deh catch you saw news where FIFA was manipulating votes for awards and you still get gut to talk rubbish, Bros you be mumu oooooo

When cr7 won ucl simultaneously, he was highest goal scorer, did messi won ucl last season? Iniesta and Xavi no deh barca again, make messi go seat don somewhere. UEFA nations league would be part qualification to use for euro 2020. If to say nah messi won it now you messi fans andmedia wouldnt lets hear words again. up cr7 joooo

Ronaldo that was Elminated by teenagers in the UCL!!!
Abeg that 3rd position is just to honour him..

Mane was far better last season!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
cyrilamx:
By this assertion you agreed Fifa robbed Ronaldo last season. While I may not dispute the award of this season, Men at Fifa is obvious they hate Ronaldo. Sepp Blatter didnt hide it. Same error was done in 2010.
But in 2013 when Ribery won a treble but Ronaldo was trophyless, I guess FIFA no longer hate him that year?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Correcto:
Then won what?
Individual awards!!!

Best UCL forward
FIFA best player award

May be Ballon d'or is loading...

Ballon d'or is between him and VVD..

CR7 should try and conquer Quagrilera, Piatek and Zapata first!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Correcto:
You just biased, which major trophy did Messi win last season with all this records aside his own league which teams from other league did participate?
Ask Ronaldinho in 2004 and 2005 afterall he did not win the UCL those years too!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Enemyofpeace: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
chiefolododo:
Messi bought the award
he didn't bought it, they gaved him because he warned it

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by cyrilamx(m): 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
eni4real:
But in 2013 when Ribery won a treble but Ronaldo was trophyless, I guess FIFA no longer hate him that year?? grin grin
First u hv to admit Fifa started the rigging for their Barcelona boy. And if 2013 award cancel out 2010 award, why was Ronaldo robbed again in 2018 award? imagine comparing Modric to CR7?. I give up on emotional fifa
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
cyrilamx:
First u hv to admit Fifa started the rigging for their Barcelona boy. And if 2013 award cancel out 2010 award, why was Ronaldo robbed again in 2018 award? imagine comparing Modric to CR7?. I give up on emotional fifa
Nothing cancel out anything...
It is an individual award and not a team trophy award.....
You can analyze previous winners to get it clearly...

Ronaldinho did not win any UCL in 2004 and 2005 yet he won the award!!!
Zidane did not win any UCL in 2003, yet he won the award.. .

Focus on the pre 2007 winners and learn...

Don't allow C.Ronaldo to teach you nonsense!!!

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
johnad3:
Seh you know say nah you be the number1 mumu weh i go ever see, messi outplayed everyone? But when it comes to van dijk, and cr7 it was team effort abi 4 your mouth . You just deh contradict yourself.

Where were you when cr7 was setting up record first to ever won 4 major league and van dijk was stopping messi cheaply last season and messi was finding it difficult to score just one goal to move to the next step? How do they measure a big player when he couldnt deliver when it matter most?

Shame no deh catch you saw news where FIFA was manipulating votes for awards and you still get gut to talk rubbish, Bros you be mumu oooooo

When cr7 won ucl simultaneously, he was highest goal scorer, did messi won ucl last season? Iniesta and Xavi no deh barca again, make messi go seat don somewhere. UEFA nations league would be part qualification to use for euro 2020. If to say nah messi won it now you messi fans andmedia wouldnt lets hear words again. up cr7 joooo

Stop expressing your frustrations here please.
And please try to arrange your write-up next time.

All these small children in this forum self.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by cyrilamx(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
eni4real:
Nothing cancel out anything...
It is an individual award and not a team trophy award.....
You can analyze previous winners to get it clearly...

Ronaldinho did not win any UCL in 2004 and 2005 yet he won the award!!!
Zidane did not win any UCL in 2003, yet he won the award.. .

Focus on the pre 2007 winners and learn...

Don't allow C.Ronaldo to teach you nonsense!!!
Ok since it is an individual award, give me the start that made Modric beat CR7. Remember u earlier said FiFA doesnt want to make a Modric error...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by olusledge: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
slawomir:
Whoever came up with this article is young, dumb and broke

Am an ardent fan of Liverpool
But i must confess Messi deserve this award
He is a legend

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country
Lmao � asss licker watch sturidge goal vs west brom

See ehnnnn

i thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You need to see that goal!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Amaka52: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=ZinoFasisi post=82596351]

This particular statement shows whoever wrote this article is a Ronaldo fan, and is biased

1 claim by Nicaragua captain - Nicaragua case, fifa provided evidence of the captain voting, it was stamped and signed, sent by Nicaragua FA, the captain should goan face his FA.

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ Sudan coach has denied saying that, and confirmed the whole screenshot wasn't from him

1 claim voted for salah - fifa gave reasons

Lets wait and see if other people will come out to deny the votes, because all votes were published

I want to ask a question. Which player performance the best last season?

Lets all be truthful in all we do regardless of fan base

Sharp oooo.

FIFA na scam

Most times rigging is concerned Messi is involved.

This clearly belong to van Dirk
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Amaka52: 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
m140:

VVD

Ogogoro Messi fan.

No mind him

See long epistle to defend rubbish
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Amaka52: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
chayoski:

Abeg which season and leg? Need to see that goal...

Why didn't we give Salah the award last year for the puskas goal against Everton.

How old are you young man?

Give him an award because he is a legend

Do you know why modric won it last year?

Are you okay at all?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Roleks(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2019
Pathetic!
When Modric won the award undeservedly last year, there were no such claims.
This is just a fabrication of Messi haters.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 12:10am On Sep 27, 2019
Every knows the award is messed up already
eni4real:
Ask Ronaldinho in 2004 and 2005 afterall he did not win the UCL those years too!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 12:11am On Sep 27, 2019
Modric was criticised, allow Messi to also enjoy his critics too. The award is messed up already
Roleks:
Pathetic!

When Modric won the award undeservedly last year, there were no such claims.

This is just a fabrication of Messi haters.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 12:15am On Sep 27, 2019
It is now obvious you are based thinking I support Ronaldo. Please note that I fan none of them. I am only saying that Messi doesn't deserve that award just Modric. Messi won what exactly with Barca ?
eni4real:
Individual awards!!!

Best UCL forward
FIFA best player award

May be Ballon d'or is loading...

Ballon d'or is between him and VVD..

CR7 should try and conquer Quagrilera, Piatek and Zapata first!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by willyjacs(m): 12:16am On Sep 27, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

This particular statement shows whoever wrote this article is a Ronaldo fan, and is biased

1 claim by Nicaragua captain - Nicaragua case, fifa provided evidence of the captain voting, it was stamped and signed, sent by Nicaragua FA, the captain should goan face his FA.

1 claim by sudan coach that they voted for salah (Not van dyke or Ronaldo) ~ Sudan coach has denied saying that, and confirmed the whole screenshot wasn't from him

1 claim voted for salah - fifa gave reasons

Lets wait and see if other people will come out to deny the votes, because all votes were published

I want to ask a question. Which player performance the best last season?

Lets all be truthful in all we do regardless of fan base

for now those 3 votes are immaterial.
Mr FIFA agent....u just sounded like a Messi fan too for disregarding ronaldo's debut season in juve..
And also winning the nation's league with Portugal.

He was juve top scorer nd serie A player of the season......define an excellent season
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Mcurim(m): 12:22am On Sep 27, 2019
Fifa Ehen, una too dey do ojoro?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Mcurim(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2019
grin grin
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 27, 2019
Correcto:
It is now obvious you are based thinking I support Ronaldo. Please note that I fan none of them. I am only saying that Messi doesn't deserve that award just Modric. Messi won what exactly with Barca ?
Just drop your vote and move on...

FIFA will collate the total vote later!!

Well, you can check the last Monday bro!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 27, 2019
Correcto:
Every knows the award is messed up already
is or was??

Did Ronaldo9 won the UCL in 1996 and 1997??

Individual award bro...

Just check the last Monday!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 27, 2019
cyrilamx:
Ok since it is an individual award, give me the start that made Modric beat CR7. Remember u earlier said FiFA doesnt want to make a Modric error...
Modric was the best player of the greatest competition in the world!!!

He won the World cup golden ball!!!

People voted for Modric... . Ronaldo can't force people to vote for only him!!!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Rexnegro(m): 1:03am On Sep 27, 2019
Ayoswit:
undecided, I knew this was going to happen.
linus
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Numerouno94(m): 1:10am On Sep 27, 2019
D only tin i remember now is Messi 6 nd Ronaldo 5.lol :PD

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 1:23am On Sep 27, 2019
The funny part of the award is that there is always a good reason for under serving mofos to win it. I stopped taking the award serious the day Messi beat Iniesta to win it. Even if they give Lukaku there is always good just as when it was giving to Modric. and now Messi.
eni4real:
is or was??

Did Ronaldo9 won the UCL in 1996 and 1997??

Individual award bro...

Just check the last Monday!!!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 1:30am On Sep 27, 2019
We all know Messi is becoming over rated these days unlike before. The award is political.
eni4real:
Just drop your vote and move on...

FIFA will collate the total vote later!!

Well, you can check the last Monday bro!
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by maik99(m): 1:42am On Sep 27, 2019
eni4real:
Leemao
Ronaldo fans are so deluded

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club / Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Unclad Player Photobombs Ronaldo’s Selfie In Juventus Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.