Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Done - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Done (520 Views)

Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. / How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? / Google Impact Challenge: Legal Practitioner Offers Free Legal Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Done by Dammysmart: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Done by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
If you don't give a two week notice then there are indeed fines/fees to be paid, however stipulated on your contract. So technically you owe them 2 weeks of work, thus you will be deducted for that in your last pay check.
Re: Done by Dammysmart: 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Done by psucc(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Op, you should note that by the clause, "two weeks notice" has an implication. Something must go in lieu. And any contact with such clause implies a bond. So you were in a bond with the company. Sorry that you didn't understand this aforehand, but ignorance cannot be pleaded in the Nigerian law.

Please go and pay the company or better still negotiate a deal with them.
Re: Done by Dammysmart: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
@firstcoun
Re: Done by FirstCounsel(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dammysmart:
@firstcounsel please can I have your input and possibly send you a dm??
To give an informed opinion you may have to avail me privately a copy of your contract of employment so I see that contentious clause before I make up my mind. Thanks
Re: Done by Dammysmart: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
FirstCounsel:
To give an informed opinion you may have to avail me privately a copy of your contract of employment so I see that contentious clause before I make up my mind. Thanks
sure sir please reply my dm I mailed you already sir
Re: Done by FirstCounsel(m): 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dammysmart:
sure sir please reply my dm I mailed you already sir
My @yahoo mail?
Re: Done by Dammysmart: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
FirstCounsel:

My @yahoo mail?
Re: Done by Dammysmart: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=82586818]If you don't give a

(1) (Reply)

Meet Zino , The Best Decorator In Lagos / Top 10 Best Freelance Websites In 2020 / Free Certificate Courses For Lagos Youth Corpers And Other Professionals: Enrol!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.