Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Anyone Experiencing This Also? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anyone Experiencing This Also? (4508 Views)

Who Is Experiencing This Issue With Xiaomi Device. / Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? / Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have been a mtn user for a long time nw bt i use mtn because of the good connection nd their data offer,bt the problem is even when i have 25gb data it feels like 10gb.Can you imagine whatsapp video call for just 1 hour with few minutes costs almost 700mb?i think i am tired of mtn right nw
Please what SIM can i migrate to with amazing data offer?
Please note:when i was using my former etisalat SIM i never used up to 15gb in a month
Picture below is what i used last month which i am still surprised hw i actually used up to that amount.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Littlemix(f): 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mtn

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Littlemix:
Mtn
It really so annoying
Sometimes i wonder if I'm the one using this data sef
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by MedicH: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
People are missing a lot on this data bundle consumption stuffs. No network provider offers you a longer lasting data bundle or something like that. The issue is with the way internet devices are advancing. You are on a video call with a person using a 13mp camera and you expect data consumption to be same as a camera of 1.3 mp. When I was using my Nokia 5200, 100mb costs 1k and lasts a whole month and u can't exhaust it. Back then internet is basically texts and pictures snapped with 0.3mp camera. Hardly is one picture snapped with phone camera more than 100kb in size. Fast forward to now, the internet has become so advanced that web pages have video players embedded all playing different graphics and pictures have become better from high resolution devices producing pictures of upto 2mb. 1 GB now lasts only 2 days for me as a result. Best you can do is to downgrade your connectivity broadband so that instead of using 4G which energises all the graphics scripts in webpages to be active you use 3G and consume less. With 5G network, 1Gb can't stay more than 24hrs.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:
People are missing a lot on this data bundle consumption stuffs. No network provider offers you a longer lasting data bundle or something like that. The issue is with the way internet devices are advancing. You are on a video call with a person using a 13mp camera and you expect data consumption to be same as a camera of 1.3 mp. When I was using my Nokia 5200, 100mb costs 1k and lasts a whole month and u can't exhaust it. Back then internet is basically texts and pictures snapped with 0.3mp camera. Hardly is one picture snapped with phone camera more than 100kb in size. Fast forward to now, the internet has become so advanced that web pages have video players embedded all playing different graphics and pictures have become better from high resolution devices producing pictures of upto 2mb. 1 GB now lasts only 2 days for me as a result. Best you can do is to downgrade your connectivity broadband so that instead of using 4G which energises all the graphics scripts in webpages to be active you use 3G and consume less. With 5G network, 1Gb can't stay more than 24hrs.
Wow!!! Never knew all this stuff
Thanks so much!! Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by MedicH: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
Pettyprincess:

Wow!!! Never knew all this stuff
Thanks so much!! Really appreciate

You're welcome.

I believe by 2050, phones will be coming with 50mp camera and the network them will be predominantly 5G. The data cap for a month will be 10Gb and if you have just 1Gb then u never wan browse. That's the idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by faithfull18(f): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:
You said it all jare.

I vend data, when people make such complaints, I simply ask them where they visit on the internet. We are in the era of pictures, videos etc. On WhatsApp, pictures, videos et al are automatically saved unless you set otherwise.

So many things we do on the internet gulps data. To enjoy surfing the internet in this part of the world, increase your budget for data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:

You're welcome.

I believe by 2050, phones will be coming with 50mp camera and the network them will be predominantly 5G. The data cap for a month will be 10Gb and if you have just 1Gb then u never wan browse. That's the idea.
I am using 13mp camera nd i was even planning to buy a phone with higher camera resolution
It's just really annoying spending more than 10k for data in just a month
I really want a affordable data plan that can last me a whole month

1 Like

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Sicilyjoe: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:

You're welcome.

U are not sure of what u are saying about 50mp and 5G by 2050, that's 30years from now, u should be talking about 200-300mp camera and 15G network

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by TDonald: 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
faithfull18:

You said it all jare.

I vend data, when people make such complaints, I simply ask them where they visit on the internet. We are in the era of pictures, videos etc. On WhatsApp, pictures, videos et al are automatically saved unless you set otherwise.

So many things we do on the internet gulps data. To enjoy surfing the internet in this part of the world, increase your budget for data.

Madam, my data don almost finish... come gimme data now
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by jaywalker04(m): 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:
Thanks for this. Twas really helpful.
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by itswell10: 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by mrdharkchild(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2019
I am detecting a lot of lies somewhere, but I go keep am to myself.
grin
Not to turn off attention from the very well detailed breakdown of the problem, kudoa bro for d explanation

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by faithfull18(f): 4:31am On Sep 28, 2019
TDonald:

Madam, my data don almost finish... come gimme data now
Lol, ......... Customer.
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Cashmanbreeze: 5:05am On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

I know somebody silly must come under to Start talking nonsense. Pls mr sure, what stopped you from starting up a thread to talk about how 15G networ will work. All these low lives on NL self.

How would you go from 100 to 10 in just 5 mins. The guy was just aligning with you but in a different form. The 2050, 50MP and 5G is a poor analogy. This is because given the rate at which these terms advanced, I personally do no think we would still be stuck with 5G for the next 30 years and we would have progressed to more than 50MP in that time.
Not every critic is hating, some are really your good friends. Your choice of words too makes nuisance of your obvious knowledge of the subject matter.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by femi4: 5:55am On Sep 28, 2019
Pettyprincess:
I have been a mtn user for a long time nw bt i use mtn because of the good connection nd their data offer,bt the problem is even when i have 25gb data it feels like 10gb.Can you imagine whatsapp video call for just 1 hour with few minutes costs almost 700mb?i think i am tired of mtn right nw
Please what SIM can i migrate to with amazing data offer?
Please note:when i was using my former etisalat SIM i never used up to 15gb in a month
Picture below is what i used last month which i am still surprised hw i actually used up to that amount.
Go and charge your phone.... You have 10%

1 Like

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by BonkoINC: 6:23am On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

You're welcome.

2050 ke..

Bro.. I use a 48mp camera phone(single).. that's minus the other two cameras (wide angle and co)

Haven't you bn following the tech world.. MI just released a fone with over 100mp...

There are new fones coming out this year with 64mp..

2050.. I doubt if there will still be cameras..
I think some sort of AI will be embedded into our eyes to capture crystal clear reality images.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by MedicH: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2019
BonkoINC:

2050 ke..

Bro.. I use a 48mp camera phone(single).. that's minus the other two cameras (wide angle and co)

Haven't you bn following the tech world.. MI just released a fone with over 100mp...

I think some sort of AI will be embedded into our eyes to capture crystal clear reality images.

OK thanks I do not follow tech, I follow medicine. I won't report you for ban anyway your choice of words shows objectivity. I don't baby sit low lives on nairaland.
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Darkseid(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2019
The fact that your phone shows the accurate data usage means that MTN has nothing to do with your data problem. These days, people are always watching whatsapp statuses and that alone is enough to finish your data.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by mrMeen(m): 8:53am On Sep 28, 2019
BonkoINC:

2050 ke..

black mirror grain kinda thing
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by Masanto: 8:58am On Sep 28, 2019
mrdharkchild:
I am detecting a lot of lies somewhere, but I go keep am to myself.
grin
Not to turn off attention from the very well detailed breakdown of the problem, kudoa bro for d explanation
Lots of lies
Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by KlasysTech(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2019
People should learn to really know what megapixel on their phone are really for, all this big MPixel for picture alone.

Video coverage from phone from now can only be 4MP.

There is nothing like 20MP for video on phone

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by BonkoINC: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:

How would you go from 100 to 10 in just 5 mins. The guy was just aligning with you but in a different form. The 2050, 50MP and 5G is a poor analogy. This is because given the rate at which these terms advanced, I personally do no think we would still be stuck with 5G for the next 30 years and we would have progressed to more than 50MP in that time.
Not every critic is hating, some are really your good friends. Your choice of words too makes nuisance of your obvious knowledge of the subject matter.

Don't mind the guy..

I even thought he was a sensible somebody.

What manner of pride he has.
I was shocked when I saw his reply.
Never saw him as someone dumb..

Chai. Some people have serious problem sha .

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by BonkoINC: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2019
KlasysTech:
People should learn to really know what megapixel on their phone are really for, all this big MPixel for picture alone.

Video coverage from phone from now can only be 4MP.

There is nothing like 20MP for video on phone

Oh my geez.

Someone actually typed this ..

Hahahahahahahhahahahahaa..
Na wa o ..

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Experiencing This Also? by seanwilliam(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

I noticed one characteristics of low lives in this forum. They are always quick to find whom to attack and poor out their frustration upon. They guy has been reported and will definitely be banned for like 3 days so his sorry ass can learn. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Activation Required Code Needed For Blackberry Tour 9630 From Sprint. / Help, My Gionee M2 Battery Is Not Performing Well. / 5 Important Features To Know When Purchasing A Power Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.