Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail (32336 Views)

Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million / Sowore's Bail Conditions Can't Be Fulfilled - Lawyer Cries Out / Court Grants Sowore Bail With Strict Conditions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by dre11(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2019
•Activist remains in DSS custody

by Augustine Ehikioya, Abuja

There were indications last night that the federal government was contemplating reporting Justice Taiwo Taiwo, to the National Judicial Council (NJC) on account of his decision to grant bail to the convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Mr. Omoyele Sowore.

Justice Taiwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja admitted Sowore to bail on Tuesday and dismissed the objection raised by the Department of State Security (DSS) to the bail.

The Nation gathered last night that a shocked Nigerian security and intelligence community met on the matter yesterday and resolved to appeal the judgement.

It also decided to petition the NJC on the issue.
A top government source, who spoke to The Nation, on the condition of anonymity, said that anyone standing trial for treasonable felony is not entitled to bail.

He said :”Sowore’s bail is likely to bring trouble for that judge. A report has been prepared to report him to NJC in view of the fact that, as far as this country, it is known that a person charged treasonable felony has no bail option.

“So, the security and intelligence community in the country is shocked by the judgement.

“And there is a consensus that the judgement should not only be appealed, but that the NJC should be petitioned about the conduct and abuse of power by the judge.”

Sowore was arrested and kept in the custody of the DSS since 3rd of August, 2019, for allegedly calling for “revolution” through the group’s protest fixed for 5th of September 2019.

Sowore on Thursday, commenced a contempt suit against the Director-General of the DSS,Yusuf Bichi, for allegedly disobeying the order granting him bail.

On Wednesday his lawyers submitted his passport to a Deputy Chief Registrar of the court.
Meanwhile Sowore remained in the custody of the Department of Security Service (SSS) last night, 72 hours after a Federal High Court granted him bail.

His lawyers claimed yesterday that the DSS refused to comply with the court order even after his bail conditions had been met.

It was gathered that a court bailiff bearing the documents confirming that the bail conditions had been met was not allowed into the DSS premises Abuja yesterday morning.

He was asked to come back at 12 noon which he did.

This time,the document was collected from him and Sowore’s lawyers at the gate,yet he was not released.

Sowore is facing trial for treaons -related charges.

Justice Taiwo Taiwo ordered the release the convener of #RevolutionNow protest on Tuesday on the condition that his lawyer , Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), will produce him for arraignment whenever he is required.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-to-drag-judge-before-njc-for-granting-sowore-bail/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by SLAP44: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2019
If I tell you what Binta Nyako has gone through just because she granted Nnamdi Kanu bail ehh
grin

The presidency wants this country to be ruled like Yemen.

375 Likes 22 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Wantedmiller: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2019
PDP mugus want to get FG involved by all means...........

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Wantedmiller: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
If I tell you what Binta Nyako has gone through just because she granted Nnamdi Kanu bail ehh
grin

Sir please start by labelling it 1 or A........

Everybody wants to hear what he passed tru.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by SLAP44: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2019
Wantedmiller:

No, the FG is not involved, it's Manchester United management that locked Sowore up grin

428 Likes 24 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by slawomir: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Sowore don't know what he has put his hand into

How does opposition lead a revolution?
Revolution and uprising are for people who are apolitical
If you are into politics or an opposition and you want to lead a revolution it is gonna be seen as MUTINY

Same Moda fiuckkers that destroyed Jonathan now wants freedom

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by mrvitalis(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2019
This country is messed up ....

What did boko haram people commit that they are released ? Bandits granted amnesty ...

A harmless man is luck up for protesting against the government ....

If u support this remember so wore was like u ..few years back

203 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Rapmoney(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Buhari is an idio.t!!!

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by adebuk47(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Sowore Don enter am #climatechange

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by magoo10(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2019
The fg controlled by buhari is seriously committed to disgracing Nigeria.

Petitioning the NJC doesn't stop the confused climate change president from obeying court orders.

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by jagabanlewis(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
God

There was a country

How did we gt dis low

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by helinues: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
Tyrannical government

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by MadeInTokyo: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
grin grin grin
APC....Affidavit Pass Certificate

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by VirginSearcher(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
You see why I said Buhari and his f00lish FG are mad, court has granted this young man bail but they don't want to release him, let's recount all we did in life because one day we might get a payback, Buhari and his cohorts are digging hole that will consume them angry

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Toscarele: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
seriously, so why take him to court if you wouldn't respect the judgement?

The level of tyranny in this regime.

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by ODB2: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
Wantedmiller:

Nah Tinubu useless newspaper carry the news.

By the way is DSS a local govt organization?

Almajiri

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Naijaguy12345(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
Fuuuuck the DSS and fuuuck the presidency.

FREE SOWORE !!!

[img]https://i./2dQw.gif[/img]

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Rapmoney(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2019
I can see some brain-dead idiots viewing this post...waiting to type crap. I can see that lizard Ngwiriukwuenu!

23 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Dc4life(m): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
Sowore knew the type of government he foisted on Nigerians.

His mantra was ANYTHING BUT JONATHAN.

I can't come and kill myself for what someone did knowingly.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Sweetcollins: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
Hahahaha

Nollywood need to act this out ASAP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by MadeInTokyo: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
Wantedmiller:

Who is this zombie again

28 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Isoduwa(m): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

Yemen even more better than Nigerian

22 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
Nawa o. It is finished.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by emirateprince: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2019
Justice binta nyako passed through a lot for standing up for justice but this time sowore is a gonna by the tyranny

4 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Mutemenot(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2019
cheesy Sowore swimming in the pool he dug shocked

9 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by J4JUVENTUS(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2019
Wantedmiller:

If FG is not involved,they should have released him by now.. Fight for Nigeria to get better.. Leave pdp and apc alone..I still don't know when una go get sense sef?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2019
We are using common law not civil law, so the judge hasn't broken any rule. He has just created a new judicial precedent.

His decision can be appealed in the courts. But he has done no wrong to be reported to NJC.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Gosj01(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Hmm, serious drama happening on his head.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on signature.
Re: FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail by Offpoint: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Doctors in the house, I don't know what's wrong with me for the past 5 days now.
Anything I take in I have this urge of vomiting, even water.

It all started when I drank garri with Merinda plus groundnuts

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Wear Same Outfit To Court — Nnamdi Kanu / Atiku At The Wedding Of Abba Bello Haliru, Son Of Haliru Mohammed Bello / Emefiele Moves Out Of CBN Governor's Quarters In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.