Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million (19621 Views)

Sowore's Bail Conditions Can't Be Fulfilled - Lawyer Cries Out / Court Grants Sowore Bail With Strict Conditions (photos) / FG To Drag Judge Before NJC For Granting Sowore Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by titiloyeblog: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
The Federal High Court in Abuja today heard Omoyele Sowore's application for bail variation.

Sowore, who was arraigned on a four-count charge ranging from insulting President Muhammadu Buhari to money laundering, was given bail condition of paying N150 million and had his movement restricted to Abuja.

Femi Falana (SAN), who is representing Sowore, had described the conditions attached to his bail as “stringent”.

After the hearing, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu has now varied Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare's bail conditions.

According to a report by SaharaReporters, Justice Ojukwu said she found it difficult to believe a man of Sowore's pedigree did not have anyone to deposit N50 million.

Hence, Sowore bail condition was reviewed from N100 million to N50 million and the 50 security deposits was also removed while Olawale Bakare's bail was reviewed from N50 million to N20 million.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/10/court-reviews-omoyele-sowores-bail.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Ruggedniggaone: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
that is good sowore lawyer should come and see me asap I think we can afford that

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by dynicks(m): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
cool
Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by crownwealth: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Wickedness!

The bloody tyrant will not go unpunished.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Why is he getting fatter in jail Feed him.beans na. Shebi he helped bring in bubu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by fvck(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
But the youths he's fighting for are busy hailing headies

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by festacman(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
The judge is like "Mr. Sowore, you mean you don't have somebody, a relation, a friend or supporter who is willing to put up N50million for your bail and you were organizing revolution to fight a sitting government? Mr. Sowore you fall my hand na!"

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by oogbiko(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
I am convinced that when this case ends, it will be subject of a lot of thesis from academic scholars.

The most interesting part of it will be the inability of Sowore to meet his bail conditions

15 Likes

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by RichDad1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sowore is a brave man. A fighter.
Not some cowards that run at the sounds of tear gas.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by martowskin1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
A government that jail protester and pardon a terrorist...

Is that one a government?

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
Similar anti people arrest lead to the Syria revolution turn war. Nigeria is just useless biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by liondbrave: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
That's nice though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by sojayy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
that is good sowore lawyer should come and see me asap I think we can afford that
Joke of d day !

3 Likes

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by infogenius(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
I can't laugh. Everybody eye red for money now including FG.
Are they pricing market or negotiating?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
If Sowore is serious, he should contest again in2023...after he has done the hardwork at the grassroots to raise support.

The problem with people like Sowore (and yes, I admire him) is that at the end of the day, it is only a few people in the big cities that know him, and of those that know him, 75% of them deride him.

All the corrupt polticians Sowore is fighting against, they are in power because many of them , corrupt as they are, always make sure they have a large mass of support in the grass roots. It is sad .....but it is the fact.

If I went to a village in Sowoere's LGA, and mentioned his name, very few people would know him, but if I mention Tinubu, Obasanjo, Buhari, even Orji Kalu, people would know them.

Sowore is doing a good job....but like late Gani Fawehimni, if people do not know you, you will fight alone and alone you would fight. (And even if people know you, self preservation and tribal interest take preccedence...as MKO Abiola found out). Even if his 'revolution now ' PROTEST held....how many people would come out ? Maybe 5000 in Lagos, a handful in Abuja, and zero elsewhere.

Because if you want revolution, start from THE GRASSROOT. That's why people like Buhari, bad as he is, is ruling over us. And that is how GEJ got votes in 2011 and 15 across the country...because people KNEW who they are. If you campaign on the pages of newspapers...that less than 1million Nigerians read, talkess of internet...noone would know you.

So Sowore should FACE REALITY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by madridsta007(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Tina26:
Why is he getting fatter in jail Feed him.beans na. Shebi he helped bring in bubu

I thought it is only me that noiced it.
Buhari givernment is trying for prisoners and treasonists smiley

1 Like

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Mpcoll001: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Authoreety: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Toy judiciary

1 Like

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Generalwoodz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
But why are yorubas like this ?
The speed with which the igbos used in bailing Nnamdi kanu attest to the fact that " Igbo loves themselves

Sowere is already walking alone..his kinsmen just dey do eyes right.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Mpcoll001: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
madridsta007:

I thought it is only me that noiced it.
Buhari givernment is trying for prisoners and treasonists smiley
would you like to visit there for your own package? grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Imstrong2(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Gradually going down the way kidnappers negotiate for ransom >:.. funny country

8 Likes

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Rexnegro(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
na wa o
Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by SouthSouth1914: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
This is how they will abandon tinubu when his time comes! Mark my words...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Boldtouch: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
Bros, are you sure say you don eat today so? Na N50million dey talk o, no bi N5000 o. Hmmmm, see ya self!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Sirpaul(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
You will be "too much" for some people. Too loud, too soft. Too this, too that. But you'll always be perfect for the people who need you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Toks2008(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
Dem go soon release am free of bail.

3 Likes

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by brainworkng: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
Government of tyranny and hypocrisy. Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Reviews Omoyele Sowore's Bail Condition From N100 Million To N50 Million by Topbale(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
Let the game began

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Electricity Supply In Your Neighborhood Like? / RRS Patrols Lagos With Power Bikes (Photos) / Court Voids Uche Nwosu’s Governorship Candidature In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.