Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing (2152 Views)

Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2010
Its unfortunate that many will spin just about anything to take away opportunity from Ndigbo - but come 2015 - Igbos should not allow an opportunity to slip away. Anybody that works against this (be him an Igboman or not) is simply an enemy of Ndigbo.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by aljharem(m): 12:10am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

Its unfortunate that many will spin just about anything to take away opportunity from Ndigbo - but come 2015 - Igbos should not allow an opportunity to slip away. Anybody that works against this (be him an Igboman or not) is simply an enemy of Ndigbo.
sharrp there, jonathan is igbo, and the rest is etc
so stop this ur ranting
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 03, 2010
Smh. So if jonathan wins another 4yr term in 2015, what will indigbo do?
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2010
am sorry, but igbos are now claiming t be together with the ss. therefore, i think nigeria might not allow an igbo man to be president. i will still campaign for ndigbo 2015. we need an igbo president. but the question is why do ndigbo not produce a candidate now
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

am sorry, but igbos are now claiming t be together with the ss. therefore, i think nigeria might not allow an igbo man to be president. i will still campaign for ndigbo 2015. we need an igbo president. but the question is why do ndigbo not produce a candidate now

The game is too deep as of now so it wouldn't be an appropriate time.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:25am On Nov 03, 2010
@ Toba & and Alj harem:
Is Jonathan an Igbo man or Ijaw? Keep twisting your mind.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:31am On Nov 03, 2010
I always tell people this, most persons will never live to see an Igbo man become President. But when they seek their selfish ambitions they will start pulling out their baptismal IGBO names. And tell us how their great-grand grand-fathers had something to do with us. But we seek ours they will not even think twice before sinking our boat.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by koruji(m): 12:33am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

Be careful what you ask for. Do we really need an Igbo president? We need an Igbo president the same way we need an Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Ijesa, Ekiti, etc president. We don't!

What we need is a true leader, whatever his language affiliations. I would agree that given realities it would be naturally be the turn of an Igbo president, but as someone said when IBB replaced Ebitu Ukiwe with Aikhomu: "When we said we want a representative of our village, we are not talking about the village idiot"

I hope the Igbo will pick up the gauntlet and show the rest that when they get the chance they will not send us the village idiot - he would simply be another in parade of non-meritorious leadership Nigeria has been blessed  wink with for 50 years.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:35am On Nov 03, 2010
koruji:

Be careful what you ask for. Do we really need an Igbo president? We need an Igbo president the same way we need an Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Ijesa, Ekiti, etc president. We don't!

What we need is a true leader, whatever his language affiliations. I would agree that given realities it would be naturally be the turn of an Igbo president, but as someone said when IBB replaced Ebitu Ukiwe with Aikhomu: "When we said we want a representative of our village, we are not talking about the village "

I hope the Igbo will pick up the gauntlet and show the rest that when they get the chance they will not send us the village - he would simply be another in parade of non-meritorious leadership Nigeria has been blessed  wink with for 50 years.

my brother, your are right!!!

but we need a CREDIBLE igbo leader such as donald duke. abi what do you think
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 12:36am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

my brother, your are right!!!

but we need a CREDIBLE igbo leader such as donald duke. abi what do you think

Donald Duke is not Igbo. embarassed
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:36am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

The game is too deep as of now so it wouldn't be an appropriate time.

i guess so undecided. but before GJ declaration the igbos could have picked a candidate.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:37am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

Donald Duke is not Igbo. embarassed
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wtf. i always thought he was igbo. where is he from and what igbo candidates do we have
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 12:38am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

i guess so undecided. but before GJ declaration the igbos could have picked a candidate.

Our house was not in order and that takes a lot of planning.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:42am On Nov 03, 2010
When it concerns 2015, Igbos deserve to be supported/back by every Nigerian to produce Mr. President. Igbos have a lot of capable hands - when the time we will make that decision.

Anyone that is not supporting Igbo Presidency is simply an Enemy of Ndigbo.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

my brother, it will be well.

can you name some possible igbo candidates for 2015
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 12:42am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wtf. i always thought he was igbo. where is he from and what igbo candidates do we have

Nope. He is Ibibio from Cross River State. As of this moment, for me I would go for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala but she is in U.S. working for World Bank. The others I would choose are Pat Utomi(but he needs to get a little edge to him) or Chibuike Amaechi.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by ChinenyeN(m): 12:43am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

It still isn't, and I have little reason to believe that it will be anytime soon, but I guess I'll just have to watch how the next few years turns out. Change happens at a moment's notice, and maybe, in the case of the Igbo, it can be change for the better; maybe.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:44am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

my brother, it will be well.

can you name some possible igbo candidates for 2015

Can you name a capable Yoruba candidate in 2048? Pathetic cool
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:46am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

When it concerns 2015, Igbos deserve to be supported/back to produce Mr. President. Igbos have a lot of capable hands - when the time we will make that decision.

Anyone that is not supporting Igbo Presidency is simply an Enemy of Ndigbo

thats incorrect, we are operating undera democratic system

secondly, the president cannot support you. the country will not allow it. most of the populace would think he is trying to concentrate power in the ss and se. and that might lead to 1967 all over again.

what igbo need is to be smart about it. not chest-beating but patience, and when the opportunity come you grab it tight. now is not the opportunity, its too dangerous for the country. even GJ know it
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:48am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

Can you name a capable Yoruba candidate in 2048? Pathetic cool

i did not mean it that way.

for 2048

fashola

adam (edo state)

tinubu

hopefully more would be revealed by then wink
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 12:50am On Nov 03, 2010
ChinenyeN:

It still isn't, and I have little reason to believe that it will be anytime soon, but I guess I'll just have to watch how the next few years turns out. Change happens at a moment's notice, and maybe, in the case of the Igbo, it can be change for the better; maybe.

True and that is the sad thing. I guess something really drastic has to happen first. However, im hoping that's not the case and they can now start becoming pro-active instead the usual. It should not really be about 2015(for the Igbo) but more of what we should be doing internally from now up until then.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:52am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

Nope. He is Ibibio from Cross River State. As of this moment, for me I would go for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala but she is in U.S. working for World Bank. The others I would choose are Pat Utomi(but he needs to get a little edge to him) or Chibuike Amaechi.

ngozi- nigerians are still feminist. i doubt the north would allow her

pat utomi- i respect this man but a needs a little more charisma to him and he might win (amen)

chibuike amaechi- nigerian might consider him a regional leader like falae in the sw. so i also doubt him

for now i think its pat utomi
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:52am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

thats incorrect, we are operating undera democratic system

secondly, the president cannot support you. the country will not allow it. most of the populace would think he is trying to concentrate power in the ss and se. and that might lead to 1967 all over again.

what igbo need is to be smart about it. not chest-beating but patience, and when the opportunity come you grab it tight. now is not the opportunity, its too dangerous for the country. even GJ know it

You are .hell wrong on the above.

- Our democratic setting is such that no Ethnic group in the country can win an election with the the other.
- What do you mean that "the country will not allow it"? - But everyone else come begging us - But wouldn't allow us.
- You want us to be patient - Why can't the rest of you have patience?
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:53am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

True and that is the sad thing. I guess something really drastic has to happen first. However, im hoping that's not the case and they can now start becoming pro-active instead the usual. It should not really be about 2015(for the Igbo) but more of what we should be doing internally from now up until then.

GBAM!!!! they need to do their home-work well and make bonds with other groups in nigeria.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by aljharem(m): 12:54am On Nov 03, 2010
if igbo man become president, what difference does that make
who cares whether he is igbo or hausa or yoruba
we need a leader that is not based on ethnicity or religion
but a leader that sees everyone as equals
lets leave this notion of yoruba must be president now, igbo must be president tomorrow
i mean what difference does that make
does it mean your standard of living would be better if igbo become president or what
i beg and plead with my igbo brothers that they should forget this wazobia politics and move forward, be progressive and be the best country in the world not only africa.
ezeuche and co pls, lets not be trablistic about the future of nigeria
the future generation of nigeria would need ppl like us to make the right decision

trust me no northerner likes ibb and co
we just want progress like the yorubas and the igbos  
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2010
Are they ready for the position? I believe they need a united effort, though i'l prefer credible candidates from any part of the country!
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 12:56am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

GBAM!!!! they need to do their home-work well and make bonds with other groups in nigeria.

We will. But every Nigeria should also have it well inscribed in their skulls. Come 2015 - its Ndigbo or Nothing.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 12:57am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

You are .hell wrong on the above.

- Our democratic setting is such that no Ethnic group in the country can win an election with the the other.
- What do you mean that "the country will not allow it"? - But everyone else come begging us - But wouldn't allow us.
- You want us to be patient - Why can't the rest of you have patience?

its not about me. i am just one man with one vote. i want to campaign for an igbo president 2015. but the way it is set-up. its going to be difficult without an up roar in nigeria. believe me on this.

i think it G would support a middle belter 2015. sad. he has no choice, if he has the country at heart
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:02am On Nov 03, 2010
alj harem:

if igbo man become president, what difference does that make
who cares whether he is igbo or hausa or yoruba
we need a leader that is not based on ethnicity or religion
but a leader that sees everyone as equals
lets leave this notion of yoruba must be president now, igbo must be president tomorrow
i mean what difference does that make
does it mean your standard of living would be better if igbo become president or what
i beg and plead with my igbo brothers that they should forget this wazobia politics and move forward, be progressive and be the best country in the world not only africa.
ezeuche and co pls, lets not be trablistic about the future of nigeria
the future generation of nigeria would need ppl like us to make the right decision

trust me no northerner likes ibb and co
we just want progress like the yorubas and the igbos  

- It will amount to equity.
- Nigeria will be transformed for good (igboman and being a genius goes hand in hand.)
- Supporting Ndigbo means you see us as fellow citizens too.
And many more all for good.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:06am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

its not about me. i am just one man with one vote. i want to campaign for an igbo president 2015. but the way it is set-up. its going to be difficult without an up roar in nigeria. believe me on this.

i think it G would support a middle belter 2015. sad. he has no choice, if he has the country at heart

Are you implying that Middle belt deserve it more than Ndigbo? And not giving it to them is not having "the country at heart"? That's one of the most ugly thing that will be considered reasonable.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 1:09am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

Are you implying that Middle belt deserve it more than Ndigbo? And not giving it to them is not having "the country at heart"? That's one of the most ugly thing that will be considered reasonable.

i never said they deserve it more than ndigbo. all i am saying is that, nigerians might the power is too concentrated in the ss and se.

egift:

- It will amount to equity.
- Nigeria will be transformed for good (igboman and being a genius goes hand in hand.)
- Supporting Ndigbo means you see us as fellow citizens too.
And many more all for good.

no, i dont support that statement. igbos are already seen as citizens. talks like that aid marginalisation
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 1:11am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

We will. But every Nigeria should also have it well inscribed in their skulls. Come 2015 - its Ndigbo or Nothing.

egift. Lets direct your comment more to ourselves and noone else. We can however, give that warning to other if, and only if we are screwed when all was done and won fair and square by us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perfect Money Add Funds 5.0 / 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. / Gov: Rivers PDP Cancels Zoning, Clears Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.