Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria (78015 Views)

Ceremony: One Of Longest Serving Monarchs In Nigeria, 59 Years On Throne, Age 97 / This Travel Advisory For Nigerian States Will Make You Weep / Nigeria's 59 Independence: Goodluck Jonathan’s Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by sisisioge: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunmila144:
why not show the picture of banana island ? any part of the world has images like this. this is america

Try to compare their poverty level in relations to their national wealth with ours. Don't even begin to make insane comparison!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by eus3(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
I think independence should represent life at easy! Then if I may ask where then is the hope of life in the part of the world called Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by cevek11: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
This picture should be part of the lot...
Darkness everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
And some bastards are still out there defending the so called fokn leaders even here on nairaland. God punish you all. Ka da fun gbogbo yin, igbo le ku si, e ni ku re, e ni sun re.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Ekongekongekong: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Wow seriously.that is like an irritating scene.looking awful
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by immaculate1234(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
AgentNairaland:
Sebi One Prophet From Israel Talk Say We Go Break By December, Let's Wait And See

Whow talk that one again
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by orunmila144: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
sisisioge:

Try to compare their poverty level in relations to their national wealth with ours. Don't even begin to make insane comparison!
what are you talking about ? most of america is in poverty. its only those who live in the cities that have money. try going to the rural america. people live in trailer houses and trailer parks. you have fallen for the utopia lies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Solsix(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
It is finished completely
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by uuzba(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Apeshy101:
What are we really celebrating?

59 years after independence with nothing to show for it?

Nigeria, who did we offend?
You were given a country. You didn't take it. You continued holding your village.
As you held onto your village with 2 hands, the country scattered. Now you have no country. Who's fault?

Ask white men. Which of them knows their village?
They put country FIRST. They hang unto it and make sure it functions. They can decide to sleep in any fu*king part of their country. They don't do village

Fulani herdsmen are now the owners of the country Nigeria. Where is their village? They give no fu*K. Just carry their cattle and graze anywhere they like.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Oyikoha(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
It's a pity though
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
sreamsense:
Op, if you want to weep for Nigeria or yourself @59, you can keep weeping. It is your choice, others will have their own reasons also to celebrate! Among all the beautiful and positive pictures and events in Nigeria, these are the only ones you could find. The pictures do not reflect real Nigeria, there is no country of the world that do not have slum areas, poor people or problem they are facing internally. Even though we are not there yet as a nation, there are still rooms for improvement from government and all of us. Instead of carrying camera hunting for terrible events to snap, do little help practically to help people around you to get better lifes. No government can do it all. Trump many of us see as semi-god is facing his own with America, gun shooting and killing has increased in his first tenure despite tagging it as land of opportunity. We are the cause of our problems most times, when government provide chairs, some bad people and staffs will go and steal them and later blame government. All of us should play our parts so we can have better Nigeria. Parents should give birth to children they have financial resources and moral capability to cater for, they shouldn't give birth recklessly and expect God to take care of them on their behalves. Our leaders should play their parts well by governing right, entertainers should be good role models and they should stop modelling bad youths into our societies. Government workers should desist from eye-service, they should work with fear of God. Doctors and lecturers should stop selling little equipment and drugs government provided to laboratories and hospitals. Jobless individual should be more hardworking and get lawfull plan B to get little income without engaging in stealing, kidnapping and other attrocity. Poverty is never an excuse to engage in crime, we have poor people who do not engage in stealing while we have rich people with billions in their accounts who are still stealing and claiming other people's properties. Government should discharge his own duties and govern with constitution and fear of God. We will get there!
see them. One of the reasons why we are where we are today, always making excuses for them. Shiooooooooooooooor!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
immaculate1234:

Whow talk that one again
prophet krest
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by calliope(f): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
sassysure:
That university students picture must be computer department UNN.

So overcrowded.

I only went there once( joint class).
I almost died of suffocation.
Add economics. Even worst.

Don't know if they have bigger classrooms now.

Glorified secondary schools

Oh, you bothered going sef. Me i didn't. Saw the crowd and never attended the class for once. Got enough reading materials, smash the course and moved on with my life. Can't kill myself in the name of acquiring knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by GavelSlam: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
EkunKekere:

grin How far Oluwa Gavel? grin I can see you're yet to get over the bloody nose I gave you earlier today grin Are you Still suffering running stomach in spite of being malnourished?

[img]https://images./6CIeiWaucL8nQAVbVpry4f.gif[/img]

Bloody nose?

You flatter yourself.

Lord knows, I don't care about this moniker.
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=Apeshy101 post=82668437]https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/09/29/nigeria-59-9-pictures-that-will-make-you-weep-for-nigeria/
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44[/quote

59 years of marginalization of the poor.
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by wethebest(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
Apeshy101:

Nigeria is Nigeria.

If the north is bad, Nigeria is bad!

If a foreigner ask you where you are from, what would be your reply?

Nigeria!

Nigeria is not getting any better with the current system, most youths are filled with hate for the other ethnics, these same youth would grow up to be leaders and the hate continues.

Its time to keep tribal sentiments aside and face the reality.

Peace!

The educated ones voted for who will beta d country why d illiterates that re much in nimbers voted for their likes. Wetin we go do? Until d no of illiterates in dis country reduce, e no go beta.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
damnnnnn!...

aftermath of Demonic, satanic, kleptomaniac, SELF-SERVING RULERS!

...even the only person I thought could revive the moribund shithole turned out to be a COLOSSAL DIDASTER/ a goss WASTE of my 2015 vote!

this damn entity is fast heading south.
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by ctleurocollege: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Do you have to post fake pictures for sympathy. I can bet my next salad, those babies on those Chairs are not in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by fadamekus(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
THE YOUTH OF COW REPUBLIC NEED TO RISE AND START KILLIN THEIR USELESS COW LEADERS

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by somehow: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
juvewalex:
A blessed nation occupied by the most wicked souls on earth called politicians who have turned developments into science discoveries and studies .

Since 1960 , we are still under developed nation with so much to be desired and with lot of potentials .

We have been made acustomed to see awful things as normal way of living and no hope insight to make the country great .

It is unfortunate I could not choose my nationality before I was born...
Who made them leaders? the masses.
who were they before they became leaders? one of the masses.

So why blame them when they did not get there on their own?

until una see una self as the problem, solution remains far away.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by XaintJoel20: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
J111333:
Chai. Indeed, there was a country.
I wonder what went through the minds of those babies but I can comfortably guess that they cursed the day they were born in Nigeria.

That picture of babies lying on/sleeping in plastic chairs is not from Nigeria but Uganda.
OP get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by sisisioge: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunmila144:
what are you talking about ? most of america is in poverty. its only those who live in the cities that have money. try going to the rural america. people live in trailer houses and trailer parks. you have fallen for the utopia lies

Again, please when talking about poverty, make the comparison in terms of the worth of the nation. Or use the cost of living index Eg, if we categorize poverty by amount being lived on per day, do our poor people spend up to a dollar per day?

In the same vain, find pictures of their worst public schools, hospitals and other infracyures you can lay your hands on and post

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Santinho: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
sreamsense:
Op, if you want to weep for Nigeria or yourself @59, you can keep weeping. It is your choice, others will have their own reasons also to celebrate! Among all the beautiful and positive pictures and events in Nigeria, these are the only ones you could find. The pictures do not reflect real Nigeria, there is no country of the world that do not have slum areas, poor people or problem they are facing internally. Even though we are not there yet as a nation, there are still rooms for improvement from government and all of us. Instead of carrying camera hunting for terrible events to snap, do little help practically to help people around you to get better lifes. No government can do it all. Trump many of us see as semi-god is facing his own with America, gun shooting and killing has increased in his first tenure despite tagging it as land of opportunity. We are the cause of our problems most times, when government provide chairs, some bad people and staffs will go and steal them and later blame government. All of us should play our parts so we can have better Nigeria. Parents should give birth to children they have financial resources and moral capability to cater for, they shouldn't give birth recklessly and expect God to take care of them on their behalves. Our leaders should play their parts well by governing right, entertainers should be good role models and they should stop modelling bad youths into our societies. Government workers should desist from eye-service, they should work with fear of God. Doctors and lecturers should stop selling little equipment and drugs government provided to laboratories and hospitals. Jobless individual should be more hardworking and get lawfull plan B to get little income without engaging in stealing, kidnapping and other attrocity. Poverty is never an excuse to engage in crime, we have poor people who do not engage in stealing while we have rich people with billions in their accounts who are still stealing and claiming other people's properties. Government should discharge his own duties and govern with constitution and fear of God. We will get there!

I weep for your village

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by ctleurocollege: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Donchukz:

. look at whare new born babies are kept,we are not a serious nation. I weep for naija

Stop weeping that picture wasn't taken in Nigeria , it happened in Uganda

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Kennitrust(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
iPhoneRepairer:
When will God visit all these politicians with his divine purnishment?
with divine thunder lighting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Powersurge: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ay04z:
Every Time we blame the goverment. Wat is you and me is doing to make naija a better place.?

Have ever see a country that develop from bottom up? It's always from up down. A singular Act of Parliament that is done without proper consideration could send the company you have laboured for all your life to oblivion

As long as government controls the "Macro elements", whatever you do is subject to who is up there.

For instance, there is FOI Act. But try to go your LG Chairman to scrutinize his accounts. It will be a miracle if you live to tell the story.
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by orunmila144: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
sisisioge:

Again, please when talking about poverty, make the comparison in terms of the worth of the nation. Or use the cost of living index Eg, if we categorize poverty by amount being lived on per day, do our poor people spend up to a dollar per day?

In the same vain, find pictures of their worst public schools, hospitals and other infracyures you can lay your hands on and post
in terms of the worth of the nation nigeria is richer than america. nigeria is sitting on trillions of barrels of crude oil and natural gas and bauxite. and your own people may not spend up to a dollar a day but that is your familys problem. most nigerians own their homes and cars and paid cash for it. americans cannot afford to pay cash for their cars and homes. nigerians are richer than americans. americans live on debt. but then again you are ignorant so i dont expect you to know these things
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
Apeshy101:
What are we really celebrating?

59 years after independence with nothing to show for it?

Nigeria, who did we offend?

Modified:
Let's design your desired responsive website/blog for you

Visit www.ichiegroup.com

Failure. Do you think there can be a real change Nigerians so desire... I think there will be change one day. It's difficult to admit there would be change because it looks so dark... no light on the horizon with this crop of people in Government.
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by Conceptman: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
Las Las everybody will start eating each other, well Happy Faildependence Day . We are here to render aluminium services, for your windows like casement , casement with burglary, sliding etc 09034377258. email:conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by selemo: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
Black Man is a good Servant but a bad Master.... grin grin angry angry grin angry
Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by sisisioge: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunmila144:
in terms of the worth of the nation nigeria is richer than america. nigeria is sitting on trillions of barrels of crude oil and natural gas and bauxite. and your own people may not spend up to a dollar a day but that is your familys problem. most nigerians own their homes and cars and paid cash for it. americans cannot afford to pay cash for their cars and homes. nigerians are richer than americans. americans live on debt. but then again you are ignorant so i dont expect you to know these things

Ok then...you are absolutely correct! No wonder Americans, as well as other immigrants, kept flooding the Nigeria embassies to come enjoy the available wealth of our great nation...not the other way round! Enjoy the rest of your day...cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria by dallyemmy: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
We need to invest more into world class education and infrastructure and everything will take shape. At least 25% of our annual budget should go into education.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians / Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.