Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? (9832 Views)

Shettima To Nigerians: Be Prepared For Tough Time In 2023 / Tinubu: Should Nigerians Really Shut Up? By Promise Adiele / 'Revolution Now' October 1st Protest Ongoing In Edo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Zona123(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

A God that allowed us to pass through this is he worth celebrating ?

If indeed you believe that there's truly a God, I advice you to fear him and be wary of your uterances about him.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
even GOOGLE can TESTIFY that there's NOTHING tangible worthy of celebrating about the shithole!

the damn jungle is FAST HEADING SOUTH!

2 Likes

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by IMASTEX: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

You are a disgrace to all that is literate in Nigeria
Please get it clear. Ability to read & write doesn't make one literate. There are so many educated illiterates who are even professors. Unfortunately, Those guys you mentioned fall in that categories.

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by mrvitalis(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Zona123:

If indeed you believe that there's truly a God, I advice you to fear him and be wary of your uterances about him.
I don't believe in anything
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
Andy1234:
God's Providence inspite of the difficulties, Average Nigerians can still afford two square meal a day. There's still hope for us in this country.

and where did you get to his stats from
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
RedEagle:
Nothing much.

We are however celebrating the fact that we are still united. Has the unity been a plus to most people in the country?

bro we all know that Nigeria is mentally divided

selfish politicians are the ones keeping us together for their benefits
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by selemempe: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
SoulB6:

Nigeria is the only country we all got
no. Until the north becomes fair in politics and also allow restructuring, this country isn't mine or that of any sane southerner

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by clems88(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria has nothing to celebrate. angry abi na backwardness we wan celebrate
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by showafrica(m): 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmohmoh:
October 1st is just a historical day, nothing else. It's compulsory we recognize the day but nothing to celebrate.

You and who? Let's just forget that day and start again
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by ujluv(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
We are celebrating herdsmen,poverty, hunger and suffering.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Chummynoni(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
life
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Akorkor(f): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
NOTHING sad sad
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
Andy1234:
God's Providence inspite of the difficulties, Average Nigerians can still afford two square meal a day. There's still hope for us in this country.

Shut up.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by RexTramadol1: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
Celebrating years of crawling to inner independence
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Matt0z(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
good government (opp)
good leaders(opp)
high employment rate(opp)
high security(opp)
low standard of living(opp)

but wait oooo
someone with just ssce abi na first school leaving ruling over millions
the good thing is that we can complain in this country next election we will still vote for someone not qualified

thunder
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Bitnet(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
what does FM mean in radio | Africa funny video | street quiz | penzazo tv
Nigeria people will not kill me, chia what is fm. please subscribe to our channel for more funny street quiz.
#fm #penzazotv #trending #comedy #streetquiz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF80fuCk8wI
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by gudugudumeje: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
U celebrating punishment centre Nigeria led by draconian ruler - fit and bound to split violently or peaceably soon... Now Your Suffering Continues as ur churches, religious authorities, govts; and univs. lie to you always...

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by nicedayontop: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
I can't waste my tears crying for this country. Why why why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why my country ,why? Nigerian youths are being killed on daily basis in the hands of kidnappers,money-rituals,armed robbers,armed bandits,Boko haram,religious fanatics, and bad and irresponsible government, stealing of govt funds meant for roads,hospital,schools,etc. The roads are now death traps. deceit and Injustice have become the order of the day.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Nuclear99(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Andersonjr:
There are things worth celebrating if you look deep into this nation how it has carried itself so far. We all will keep moving forward, nothing can break us.
#WeAreNigerians
Trash!!!

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Lilimax(f): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
clems88:
Nigeria has nothing to celebrate. angry abi na backwardness we wan celebrate
This present government has further taken us backward! shocked

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by osuofia2(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
NOTHING, THE DULLARD HAS KILLED OUR SPIRIT OF CELEBRATION, HUNGER IN THE LAND,HERDSMEN KILLING PEOPLE,BANDITS KIDNAPPING PEOPLE,350 TO A DOLLAR,INFLATION RATE DOUBLE DIGIT,CORRUPTION IS NOW HIGHEST. GOD GO PUNISH ALL THE ZOMBIES WEY STILL DE SUPPORT THIS GOVT
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by ThatFairGuy: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
What have you ever done to better the situation of this country? NOTHING. All you and your type do is to all castigate on and on, whereas you may be among those citizens that concentrate on what will never add value to our country like BBN...
We're all failure as we all contributed in one way or the other to this level we found ourselves
[s]
CAPSLOCKED:
--WE'RE CELEBRATING THE LACK OF JOBS AND ECONOMIC HARDSHIP.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING THE KILLING OF UNARMED CIVILIANS.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING BAD ROADS, FLOODS, GAS EXPLOSIONS, KIDNAPPERS, BOMB BLASTS, POOR HEALTH SYSTEM, POLITICAL ROBBERY.
-WE'RE CELEBRATING THE PROSCRIPTION OF NNAMDI KANU, THE ARREST OF SOWORE AND THE DETENTION OF ZAKY. BECAUSE THEY DARED TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST OUR GOOD FOR NOTHING BUT EVIL GOVERNMENT.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING TACHA AND OTHER STUPID THINGS BECAUSE NIGERIA IS OCCUPIED BY REALLY FOOLISH PEOPLE.

WE'RE CELEBRATING OUR COLLECTIVE FOOLISHNESS AS A NATION.

hello from the leaders of tomorrow, below.
[/s]
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Sunnydoo: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
we are celebrating our process(es) to gain independence coz we are yet to gain independence.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by olajigaolamide: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
I sincerely have nothing to celebrate. The Federal Republic of Nigeria has given me nothing to be thankful for. Throughout my whole life and till this present moment, I have not enjoy a single benefit of being a Nigerian. The Hopes of grandparents this day 59 years ago were high.They were at the dawn of independence and were hoping that the new country will be great and prosperous for their children and grandchildren. Here i am 59 years after with that hope and dream dashed. Nigeria is truly a wealthy and prosperous nation but in my 25 years of earthly sojourn i haven't had a taste of that prosperity and wealth as a private citizen and
I haven't being a part of it. Developed Countries usually encourage and give hope to their citizens but the Federal Republic of Nigeria have dissapointed me every single day of my 25 years. I have nothing to celebrate and I have nothing to be proud off. The Federal Republic of Nigeria have depreciated in this 59 years. On the 4th July each year the citizens of the United States are always thankful for having the US as their country and they usually have something to celebrate even in hardship with the hope that the future will be better but the 1st October each year is empty in Nigeria because there is no hope. The government is a disappointment and a total disgrace. I am so ashamed that we have an ineffective government. I have not felt the positive impact of Buhari's government in my life in the last four year. There is sincerely nothing to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by Mapelblacq(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WHERE IS IT? YOU TAKE COMFORT IN YOUR MISERY UNDER THE WORD "GOD", AND KEEP HOPING THAT MAGICALLY, HE WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FOR, AND SAVE YOUR ASS FROM ALL THE MANY TERRIBLE THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY.

SADLY, MOST PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE LIKE YOU.
BECAUSE OF YOUR MENTALITY, WE WILL HARDLY REACH THE LEVEL OF GODLESS CHINA AND JAPAN BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE HOLD THEIR GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE AND WORK TO BETTER THEMSELVES.. INSTEAD OF LEAVING THINGS IN THE IMAGINARY HANDS OF AN IMAGINARY GOD THAT HAS NEVER BEEN THERE, ISN'T THERE, AND WILL NEVER BE THERE.
The same
"imaginary" GOD gave u this great brain, just dat d devil did his calculus properly and reversed engineered it and made u a liability and a dumbass.
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by themanderon: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
--WE'RE CELEBRATING THE LACK OF JOBS AND ECONOMIC HARDSHIP.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING THE KILLING OF UNARMED CIVILIANS.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING BAD ROADS, FLOODS, GAS EXPLOSIONS, KIDNAPPERS, BOMB BLASTS, POOR HEALTH SYSTEM, POLITICAL ROBBERY.
-WE'RE CELEBRATING THE PROSCRIPTION OF NNAMDI KANU, THE ARREST OF SOWORE AND THE DETENTION OF ZAKY. BECAUSE THEY DARED TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST OUR GOOD FOR NOTHING BUT EVIL GOVERNMENT.
--WE'RE CELEBRATING TACHA AND OTHER STUPID THINGS BECAUSE NIGERIA IS OCCUPIED BY REALLY FOOLISH PEOPLE.

WE'RE CELEBRATING OUR COLLECTIVE FOOLISHNESS AS A NATION.

hello from the leaders of tomorrow, below.

You can say that again a million times. A hopeless excuse for a country.

1 Like

Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by izicooo(f): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
Mobile network/Internet
Vibrant youth population
Educated society
Growing Economy
Relative Peace
No record of natural disasters, etc.
60 years for a nation to achieve this, its worth commending, na small small we shall be great..
Re: October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? by tck2000(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
izicooo:
Mobile network/Internet
Vibrant youth population
Educated society
Growing Economy
Relative Peace
No record of natural disasters, etc.
60 years for a nation to achieve this, its worth commending, na small small we shall be great..
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite ₦2.3tn Health Budgets, Buhari Spends 201 Days On Foreign Medical Trips / Abubakar Malami Denies NDDC Bribe Allegation, Calls For Exposure Of Culprits / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.