Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

5 Reasons You Are Not Making Money Online In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reasons You Are Not Making Money Online In Nigeria (304 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful / 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian / 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Are Not Making Money Online In Nigeria by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

This post if for people who have tried to make money online in Nigeria but are not succeeding. I will be sharing knowledge from my own personal experience of what will stop you from earning money online based on what has worked for me. You can reach me if you have any questions about starting a home business in Nigeria my email is: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com

If you are not making money online then these are 5 possible reasons for this;

1. You don't understand digital marketing

When it comes to making money online, the process is not straight forward. You can't just post information or products online and expect people to find it and even if they find it, you need to understand that customers buy for different reasons, where to find people willing to buy your product and how to convince them to buy from you and not someone else. Start by learning how people online behave before, during and after buying so you can position your products online to sell.

2. You are not better or different from the competition
Anyone can claim to be an expert at whatever you intend to sell (information, software or products) you must stand out from other so called experts by being unique (in a better way of course) and have track record to show for it.

3. You don't understand your audience
People won't buy from you if you are not offering them what they really want. The people who buy from you have certain characteristics and needs. It is your job to find out what they are and them fulfill those needs for them.

4. You are chasing money first instead of offering value first
Unless you are a trusted and proven brand like Jumia, Konga or Jobberman, don't expect total strangers to buy whatever you are selling from the onset. You have to offer them something meaningful and useful from the onset that is related to what you sell. As they soon realize the connection and the promise you are making they will be in a better position to buy your product.

5. You think making money online happens quickly.
This is perhaps the most common reason. It took Linda Ikeji 4 years before she started making money from her blog. Yours sincerely ran a blog for 5 years without making a dime but today it makes between N90,000 and N120,000 monthly from it (passive income). If you start a business online, you need to grow an audience first before you can monetize it. That takes time. Be patient.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice / Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Start Freelancing In Nigeria / Masters In Electrical Engineering At Bayero University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.