Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,034 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? (187 Views)

Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? by bingbagbo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
John 14
NKJV

1“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

4And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

7“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

8Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

12“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

13And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Peruse again verses 13 and 14 especially verse 14 again. Jesus Christ says, if you ask him (Jesus) anything in his name (Jesus) He (Jesus) will do it. A Christian prays to Jesus through Jesus, no confusion.

A careful reading from verse 1 of Chapter 14 will make you KNOW that, Jesus is the Father, in fact Jesus stated that clearly that he is the father. He even asked Philip , 'how can you ask me to show you the father?" If there was a separate father seated in heaven whilst Jesus was on earth, that would render Jesus a LIAR or Jesus would have simply answered, The father is seated in heaven.

Great is the mystery of Godliness. God was manifested in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16)
Re: Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? by emae009(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
"My people perish for lack of knowledge" . Clearly understanding is far from many people
Verse 1, 2, 6, 7, 10, 12,13 clearly shows Jesus isn't the Father.
Re: Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? by tspouse(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oga,Read your bible carefully and let the holy spirit guide you,

Jesus is not God
He's the son of God

Did you even read those verses where Jesus prayed,
Or
Are you saying he was praying to himself
Re: Can We Pray To Jesus In Jesus Name? by ChristisGod: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jesus sure is the father

(1) (Reply)

Strengthened In Song / Do Not Be Afraid Atall. / How To Achieve Successful Life In This World And Hereafter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.