Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria (23972 Views)

Tokunbo Car Business: How Car Dealers Import Clean Cars From USA To Nigeria / 7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Seyeblessed: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2019
IamR:

Yes, if you are buying from Kia from Dana, I don't know about others.

I bought my Almera from Stallion and all I have is a signed statement from Stallion confirming duties have been paid. I have never had issues with customs and I have owned the car for 6 yrs

1 Like

Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Emeka71(m): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2019
9jatriot:
If you buy tear rubber from Elizade, Coscharis and many others, I do not think they give you custom papers. That guy said NEW CARS not tokunbor.

I thought He was talking about tokumbo cars.
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by IamR: 11:20am On Sep 30, 2019
Seyeblessed:

I bought my Almera from Stallion and all I have is a signed statement from Stallion confirming duties have been paid. I have never had issues with customs and I have owned the car for 6 yrs
Thank you for the confirmation.
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Larrykaysail(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2019
Come and buy cars from me oo,
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by viperman: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2019
nonhuman:
I was told new cars imported into Nigeria in bulk do not require custom papers, that the importer pays in bulk that police will not ask for custom duties how true is this

That was happening pre-2015 year and all those cars bought brand new in yesteryears but cars but after 2014/2015 years normally have custom papers. The thing is most of the dealerships who sell brand new cars seldom give them to buyers when selliing it. The only give cover notes and receipts. So when buying such cars as Nigeria used(second hand) from the previous user....if they dont have it you must request for that receipt and cover note so you can use it as reference when you approach the dealership to fishout the custom paper for you in their files.

www.facebook.com/ViperAutos

instagram:- @viperautos1
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Richmoney1(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2019
Pls contact if you want a genuine and authentic vehicle particulars or to register or renew your vehicle particulars and also get a tinted permit... 08087156006
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by DelTel(m): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Carmartng:

https://carmart.ng/public/blog/2019/09/30/documents-to-collect-when-buying-a-tokunbo-car-in-nigeria/

- Insurance should not be in the list not to talk of #1.

No insurance, whether motor vehicle or any other, is transferable. Any current insurance on a vehicle or asset ceases to be enforceable as soon as ownership changes. The seller is expected to contact his/her insurance company to cancel cover and unused premium is calculated and returned to him/her (the insured). The new owner is expected by law and standard practice to incept his/her own insurance forthwith. If a claim arises without new owner getting insurance, no insurance company will pay claims.

- Duly Stamped Custom Duty
You did not include that only a confirmation from any NCS command can actually determine the genuineness and appropriateness of duty payment. Original copy does not validates customs duty payment; photocopy is acceptable so far it is confirmed OKAY by Customs.

For Registered vehicles, all other documents are subject to change. From Vehicle license to Proof of Ownership etc.

Tinted permit is not required even if the vehicle is tinted as the new owner is expected to get his/her own tint permit from relevant security agency, the Police (photograph of owner embossed on it).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
9jatriot:
If you buy tear rubber from Elizade, Coscharis and many others, I do not think they give you custom papers. That guy said NEW CARS not tokunbor.

My bad! on new cars that must be a different situation.
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by davit: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
It is now very simple. Just holla at pattybf on nairaland. She will help you sort out your vehicle particulars without stress.

1 Like

Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
Cant see any cmr here...

Which one ia now tje CMR one police officer was asking me few weeks ago?
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Mynewdawn15: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
HazzanTazzan:
Cant see any cmr here...

Which one ia now tje CMR one police officer was asking me few weeks ago?
I think it's only Lagos State that give CMR.
If your car is not registered to Lagos, no need.
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Alaniolawale: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nice One!! Very useful tips
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by alasan007(m): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
nonhuman:
I was told new cars imported into Nigeria in bulk do not require custom papers, that the importer pays in bulk that police will not ask for custom duties how true is this

One police don’t ask you your custome duty it’s the custome that stops you and ask that document and secondly you r right when a vessel comes with more than one car in a container they clear them all but they would issue just one document that covers everything so if u don’t ask your dealer for your own document and custome stops you my brother you rib soup ���
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by Uwaiwe: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
nonhuman:
Big fat lie. Every imported car has unique custom paper showing custom duties paid. It carries the vehicle VIN and amount purchased or valued. There is always a special custom code assigned to every car passing through Nigeria border. You can verify the authenticity of your custom paper online with the unique custom number
Re: Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Mynewdawn15:

I think it's only Lagos State that give CMR.
If your car is not registered to Lagos, no need.

I almost punched this police officer that day...

After checking my docs and cldnt find any complain, he started asking cmr which ive never heard before ...

Just to extort money from a supposed yahoo boy... cos thats what those police think once they see a young man driving a good car

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Catalytic Converters: How Mechanics, Dealers, Panel Beaters Are Ripping Off Car / 2019 Lexus UX Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.