Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax (13140 Views)

President Buhari Regime Building Mosques With Allocation Meant For Agriculture / Churches, Mosques: Buhari, Governors Strike 5-Point Deal / Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by OYEDIPE(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2019
theenchanter:
Very good..... tax them all.
Oyo state govt is focusing on taxing the revenue generating business not their tithe and offering. Don't let us deviate.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by earnadvert: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2019
ok
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by theenchanter: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2019
OYEDIPE:

Oyo state govt is focusing on taxing the revenue generating business not their tithe and offering. Don't let us deviate.
exactly my point.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by nasoeb: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2019
Mount6540087615:
Winning ticket available now for pay after winning..
WhatsApp if interested-070-81-99-87-20
Criminal
What are the mods doing, allowing these fraudsters having a field day.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by adenigga(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
grin

This tax is directed towards Christian's. We all know Oyo is a Muslim state.

The Christian's need to pay for being there.

Oyo State is not an Islamic state like Kwara State. So, I disagree with you on that.
Also read that thread well he said both churches & Mosques, the only exception I'm seeing here is Traditional religion, they have business ventures too, @ least they produced herbs of different kinds.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Hameex(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2019
Nice development
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by weeniekeyz(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
I doubt you assimilated the news properly. It says Mosques and churches with REVENUE EARNING BUSINESSES will pay tax.
I feel sick to the stomach that as wretched as Africa is we are crazy about the whiteman's religion.
I wish religion could be bamned in Africa because it is a scam.

Well Said Apostle. I get tired of reading comments here
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Gallantrugged: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2019
The worship places should increase the collection of tithe and offering by instituting a strong marketing team to cushion the effect of the tax... It's a good move. It's done in most countries in the west i was able to visit
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Sterope(f): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2019
The governor is a Christian. The guy who announced this shares same name with John the Baptist.

So can you calm down? undecided

Charleys:
grin

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Angelfrost(m): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2019
KingOdart:

You are also the one spitting trash on that Olojo festival thread.

Keep your religion bigotry in the north

South West is not a Caliphate

Thunda will visit you soon if you don't stop

Thunder visits everyone when it rains... It's the 21st century, y'all should stop making a meal out of natural occurrences.

N.B: I agree with every other thing you wrote about that m0ron!!! undecided
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Quorax: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2019
Marotzke:
A church with a school that charges tuition fees must pay applicable tax on the school.
An Islamic organization that has a mosque and a printing press , must pay tax on the printing press.
The days of packing lucrative businesses under a religious garb to avoid the taxman is coming to an end.
I am a Christian and I support the move 100%

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Bsingle(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
grin

Muslim state?? I feel your plight bro.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by kunmireal3: 11:18am On Sep 30, 2019
Says who?
Comments like this could start differences sir

Charleys:
grin

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by opsylojay(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
grin

you are very wrong, Oyo is not a Muslim state
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Tywo2018: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2019
Pastors will have to pray more for prosperity for it's member for God to open showers of Blessings or else dem go complain ehnn
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by danot1030: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2019
This is supported
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by adenigga(m): 11:28am On Sep 30, 2019
KingOdart:

You are also the one spitting trash on that Olojo festival thread.

Keep your religion bigotry in the north

South West is not a Caliphate

Thunda will visit you soon if you don't stop

God bless you!
That guy might b confused, if not can't he differetiate between churches & mosques business & ventures generating revenues & Churches & mosques tithe & offering, mosques zaka & other funds within.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Vado(m): 11:29am On Sep 30, 2019
thelastmediator:

You're one of the reasons why foreign institutions are asking Nigerians to take test of English exams.

Amaka why? That was too much. Educating insult.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by greypencils: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2019
1StopRudeness:
All their aim is to collect from masses....we no kuku see wetin una dey use the ones wey una don collect do....
of course tax their school, tax their hospital...:but their no justification to tax church offering.....even advance country classify churches under non-profit/ charity coys....

Weda u collect all their money...it’s of no benefit to us....last last...no road, no light, no security

Infact nobody should be paying this government tax...instead we should use our money to provide what for ourself what the tax is meant to provide..
The Oyo state government is giving free primary and secondary school education, that's what the extra tax money caters for.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by ITbomb(m): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2019
Even if churches were to establish business, it must be registered and fully audited
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by adenigga(m): 11:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Tobinrobin:
This is quite a nice idea. The mosques & churches are really making money in tunes of millions. It’s more or less like a limited liability company lately . Most aren’t for worship alone anymore, they’re now profit oriented , they’ve schools their member’s children can’t attend so it’s nice if they pay taxes

You are on point my brother!

What about all these General Overseers publishing books, forced it down the throat of gullible members with a price o, not Free of charge, pls, can you equate that with offering & tithe. Some educated illiterate will now be arguing with you. Enough is enough!!!

I agreed with you 120%.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 30, 2019
greypencils:
The Oyo state government is giving free primary and secondary school education, that's what the extra tax money caters for.

Pleaseeeeeee!!!!!! Don’t even go there.... free education indeed!!!!!!so our children are suppose to pay for that crap called education.....why aren’t their children attending the same schools??

So the money isn’t meant for health care, it isn’t meant for good road, they can’t run an independent power grid from the money and provide stable electricity, the money isn’t meant for security??
But It’s meant for poor, zero standard, free education.....oga no let me vex for you...they don’t have any initiative to reduce their running cost and generate more revenue...once a government comes in....the only area of initiative is to milk the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:46am On Sep 30, 2019
I wholeheartedly support taxing of Religious bodies. They use the roads and benefit from other social amenities so yes they should pay taxes too.

And please let's not get childish or biased about government issues...

Let's start acting our ages and not our heights...���
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by SoNature(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2019
Vision2060:
That is a good news, because those religious houses have been robbing the gullible (people) in the name of God

You don't need the article, a

Say, That is good news
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by maximunimpact(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
grin

Bigot

1 Like

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Vision2060: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2019
SoNature:

You don't need the article, a

Say, That is good news

Stay Blessed
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Bbbwings: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
In addition to this, I suggest the FG kickstarts the process of completely washing her hands off sponsorship of pilgrimages to Mecca or Jerusalem or Olumo Rock.

Let people fend for their spiritual and religious needs by themselves.
Wait olumo rock pilgrimage grin grin
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Makinde not sounding kind.
Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by Jobabori(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Pleaseeeeeee!!!!!! Don’t even go there.... free education indeed!!!!!!so our children are suppose to pay for that crap called education.....why aren’t their children attending the same schools??

So the money isn’t meant for health care, it isn’t meant for good road, they can’t run an independent power grid from the money and provide stable electricity, the money isn’t meant for security??
But It’s meant for poor, zero standard, free education.....oga no let me vex for you...they don’t have any initiative to reduce their running cost and generate more revenue...once a government comes in....the only area of initiative is to milk the masses.
Past governments in the state have used free education as a programme to deceive people. What we have at the end of the day is mass schoolings which encourages students to attend schools in large number without acquiring quality education. Education cannot be entirely free. To have quality education, parents must contribute much. I am not saying this because i can afford contributing to, no I am just been realistic. Let the deceit be over. There cannot be free Education like that of Awolowo or Bola ige era. Limited resources available now are been squandered. Parents in public schools in Oyo state must be ready to assist government to provide Education. Government should stop deceiving populace with the so called free education slogan.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax by emerged01(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
grin

Is the governor not a Christian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insurrection: Don’t Take El-Rufai’s ‘Desperation’ For Granted, SOKAPU Warns / Man Shares His Experience With Soldiers During Distribution Of Blankets To IDPs / Uzodimma's Achievements In Imo Health Sector As He Marks 2 Years In Office (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.