Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody (36555 Views)

Court Remands Sowore, Others In Kuje Prison / Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) / Sowore: Olawale Bakare Declared Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Techsunny: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Techsunny:
US nd Canada embassies are scam,recently Us embassy denied 200 applicants visa fees,all their new approved visa @$270 gone
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by henrybomb(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
whizpet:
The Federal Court High Court in Abuja on Thursday ordered the remand of the convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, in the custody of the Department of State Security Service (DSS), pending the hearing of their bail application.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu fixed Friday for the hearing of their bail application.

Sowore was arraigned on seven counts of treasonable felony and other sundry offences.

They pleaded not guilty to the seven counts when read to them.

https://thenationonlineng.net/court-remands-sowore-co-defendant-in-dss-custody/
So a judge gives an order then another judge gives another order?
BH is roaming the street freely

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Techsunny: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
[quote author=Techsunny post=82705492][/quote] I mean visa fees
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by akdjr(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nigerians don't need revolution. All what I feel is required for a possible change is for youth convention with a realizable goals which will be free from religion, ethnic affiliations.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
To be honest, Nigeria is a cursed nation. The blood of the innocent ones that were killed. And those blood are still crying for revenge. How can a man be silly and called himself a "leader". When you see a true leader, he will never react on whatever the follower might say against him. Buhari is not the right leader for this nation. The only painful thing is that, we have some Pastors in this country that can't control him. Moses control Pharaoh but our own general overseers....it is well
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:

All Nigerians are feeling the weight of what ever the government had brought on us. But revolution can not happen in a democratic government. If you guys elected a credible national assembly, they would have done the needful. Every act to stir up crowd against the government is a serious crime. If you want revolution, start from the national assembly. It is only they that has the physical power to dethrone a President and install a new government.

A look at seven such recent protest campaigns, selected for their seriousness and the geographic, economic, and ideological diversity of the countries where they have occurred, suggests that it does.

This study examines experiences from the Americas (Brazil and Guatemala), Africa (Burkina Faso and South Africa), Europe (Romania), the Middle East (Lebanon), and East Asia (South Korea). Each case has involved street demonstrations described as historic in size and spread, and often in duration.

Many of them have delivered significant results—in Brazil, Burkina Faso, Guatemala, and South Korea, they helped unseat presidents and other top officials and subject them to criminal proceedings.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/04/12/fighting-hydra-lessons-from-worldwide-protests-against-corruption-pub-76036

Educate yourself on the matter. The real criminals are the government officials and members of the dss perpetuating the crimes against Sowore.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by mike1994reds: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
mu2sa2:
Long spell in prison is the baptism of fire for revolutionaries, which sowore is or aspires to be. I dont know why sowore is fighting tooth and nail to be out of detention. Mandela left prison after 27 years to be president. I can bet it that if sowore spent half of that time in prison he will come out and effortlessly win any election in nigeria. So, sowore should stop applying for bail if he is truly a revolutionary and not a noicemaker. I think Pmb is even helping sowore by arranging him in court.
Deji adeyanju was accurate when said Nigerian youths are foolish, hopeless, helpless and at the same time hungry. You are a testament to that.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by thesolutions(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Romania

‘We are watching you’: the 500-day protest against corruption in Romania

Protesters in Sibiu have been staging a daily demonstration outside the ruling PSD party’s HQ

Every day when the Lutheran church bell strikes noon, people fall silent in a leafy street in the Transylvanian city of Sibiu. For more than 500 days, in snow, drizzle and scorching sun, a group of residents has staged a silent protest in the centre of the picturesque city. Always at the same time, and always at the same place: outside the headquarters of Romania’s ruling Social Democrat party (PSD), which is embroiled in corruption scandals and accused by Brussels of flouting democratic values.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/23/we-are-watching-you-protesters-corruption-romania-sibiu
This is Nigeria. Survival comes first. I doubt if any protest can happen in Nigeria without money payments to participants. Revolution is not led by campaign, else, it is conspiracy against the government. Let the people correct their error from the national assembly.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by salemdv(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
Buhari is back, when the judgement to release sowore was passed he was at UN. nothing new
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:

This is Nigeria. Survival comes first. I doubt if any protest can happen in Nigeria without money payments to participants. Revolution is not led by campaign, else, it is conspiracy against the government. Let the people correct their error from the national assembly.

What you read up there of protests leading to head of states and top government officials stepping down, are examples of revolution.

It is just that Nigerians have decided to be mumus for a long time. We do not need to wait for the House of Assembly.

If 3 Million Nigerians march to Abuja demanding for the release of Sowore and the step down of Buhari and his cabals, they can not do anything.

The government, even a military one can not be stronger than the people.

It just that the mumus of Nigerians is not done.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Notatribalist(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
SoNature:
I wish he hadn't contested for presidential election...his struggle would have made more sense.
he start off the struggle during military regime,are u not aware of that?
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
Good

Next time don't equate peaceful protests with calls for revolution.

No sane government will condone acts of sedition.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by tintingz(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
MelesZenawi:
lolzzzzz

grin grin grin

Sowore and his gangs of revolutionist done enter one chance..

Karma is over real.
Karma is nonsensical.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by earnadvert: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
naija
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Okoroawusa: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
tesppidd:
Whish bail again?
I thought he was already granted bail?
That one na fake
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:
Good

Next time don't equate peaceful protests with calls for revolution.

No sane government will condone acts of sedition.

Stop talking what you do not know. So many misinformed people.

A nonviolent revolution is a revolution using mostly campaigns with civil resistance, including various forms of nonviolent protest, to bring about the departure of governments seen as entrenched and authoritarian.

While many campaigns of civil resistance are intended for much more limited goals than revolution, generally a nonviolent revolution is characterized by simultaneous advocacy of democracy, human rights, and national independence in the country concerned.

In some cases a campaign of civil resistance with a revolutionary purpose may be able to bring about the defeat of a dictatorial regime only if it obtains a degree of support from the armed forces, or at least their benevolent neutrality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_revolution
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by thesolutions(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What you read up there of protests leading to head of states and top government officials stepping down, are examples of revolution.

It is just that Nigerians have decided to be mumus for a long time. We do not need to wait for the House of Assembly.

If 3 Million Nigerians march to Abuja demanding for the release of Sowore and the step down of Buhari and his canals, they can not do anything.

That is why I said this is Nigeria. The rich won't go out to the street because life is precious. The poor majority needs monetary motivation to join and again, they are mostly illiterates and would misunderstood the process causing distraction and giving the arm forces to move against them.
Revolution is not planned. It happen because the people want it to happen not that the people were stirred to make it happen.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Okoroawusa: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If 3 Million Nigerians march to Abuja demanding for the release of Sowore and the step down of Buhari and his canals, they can not do anything.

Bros, abeg where make we gather for the 3 Million Nigerians March to Abuja?....If you are ready I go follow you
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:
That is why I said this is Nigeria. The rich won't go out to the street because life is precious. The poor majority needs monetary motivation to join and again, they are mostly illiterates and would misunderstood the process causing distraction and giving the arm forces to move against them.
Revolution is not planned. It happen because the people want it to happen not that the people were stirred to make it happen.

Sowore committed no crime and the Federal Government officials and the DSS are the criminals here.

If the poor want to wait for the rich to fight to put food on their table, they are on their own.

When the hunger bites, they will stand up and take what is theirs.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Bros, abeg where make we gather for the 3 Million Nigerians March to Abuja?....If you are ready I go follow you

That is more like it.

Either way, I am just pointing out our power and enlightening people that Sowore and Co. did no wrong to stop the misinformation.

I see Sowore's movement as just the beginning of the hurricane that will soon sweep Nigeria. When it is time to march, we will march and it will be loud.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by dokyOloye: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
gentleguy1975:
if I may ask,is this man fighting for the masses? if yes why are not seeing the masses on the street protesting? and besides what about the claim that if Sowore is arrested there would be uproar? Just wondering aloud though.
The same masses recently re-elected Buhari after a calamitous 1st term or are you talking about Niger republic masses?
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Mike23r: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is more like it.

Either way, I am just pointing out our power and enlightening people that Sowore and Co. did no wrong to stop the misinformation.

I see Sowore's movement as just the beginning of the hurricane that will soon sweep Nigeria. When it is time to march, we will march and it will be loud.
the time may never come
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Mike23r:

the time may never come

Or it is closer than we think.

DSS Stops Sowore From Addressing The Press, Grabs Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEIzK9K_Scc

https://www.nairaland.com/5444908/dss-stops-sowore-addressing-press

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by thesolutions(m): 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Sowore committed no crime and the Federal Government officials and the DSS are the criminals here.

If the poor want to wait for the rich to fight to put food on their table, they are on their own.

When the hunger bites, they will stand up and take what is theirs.
exactly. The little that the poor has seem to be better than a revolution that would enrich another Nigerian while the poor remain poor.
On sowore, his innocence is yet to be proven. That is why the issue is in a law court.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Okoroawusa: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is more like it.

Sebi, u will be at the front?
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Some have Mandela, some have Martin Luther King Jr.

My hero is Sowore.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Sebi, u will be at the front?

Stop the condescending tone. Can one person be in front of a large protest?
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Stop talking what you do not know. So many misinformed people.

A nonviolent revolution is a revolution using mostly campaigns with civil resistance, including various forms of nonviolent protest, to bring about the departure of governments seen as entrenched and authoritarian.

While many campaigns of civil resistance are intended for much more limited goals than revolution, generally a nonviolent revolution is characterized by simultaneous advocacy of democracy, human rights, and national independence in the country concerned.

In some cases a campaign of civil resistance with a revolutionary purpose may be able to bring about the defeat of a dictatorial regime only if it obtains a degree of support from the armed forces, or at least their benevolent neutrality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_revolution

YOU should STFU because you know nothing.

Sowore NEVER called for a non-violent revolution, he simply called his movement a 'revolution'.

Whatever the case, his movement is seditious and thus punishable, because his message talked about removing Buhari from Aso Rock.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:
exactly. The little that the poor has seem to be better than a revolution that would enrich another Nigerian while the poor remain poor.
On sowore, his innocence is yet to be proven. That is why the issue is in a law court.

Crap. After all you have read, you still type the bolded.

Leading a revolutionary protest is not a crime.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Okoroawusa: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Stop the condescending tone. Can one person be in front of a large protest?
Then you r not ready... just air your view n go n sit down. Stop saying things you can't do on social media
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by mu2sa2: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
mike1994reds:

Deji adeyanju was accurate when said Nigerian youths are foolish, hopeless, helpless and at the same time hungry. You are a testament to that.
You and your oga Deji Adeyanju are exactly what you say others are. Pity yourself!
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

YOU should STFU because you know nothing.

Sowore NEVER called for a non-violent revolution, he simply called his movement a 'revolution'.

Whatever the case, his movement is seditious and thus punishable, because his message talked about removing Buhari from Aso Rock.

Sowore said “I would like to assure everyone that I am being treated well and in very good health.

“I am pleased that the peaceful #RevolutionNow protests went ahead.

“However, knowledge of the sheer number of innocent Nigerians being arrested for exercising their civil rights bothers me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/omoyele-sowore-i-am-pleased-that-the-peaceful-revolution-now-protests-went-ahead/amp/

When you start your statement with an abuse, it shows you are about to talk off point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taylor William Ogofugha Shot Dead! ADC Warri Chairman Killed / Okey Bakassi Reacts To Peter Obi & Oyedepo Leaked Audio / Nigerian Navy Presidential Fleet Review 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.