Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody (36556 Views)

Court Remands Sowore, Others In Kuje Prison / Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) / Sowore: Olawale Bakare Declared Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Then you r not ready... just air your view n go n sit down. Stop saying things you can't do on social media

Can you show me who is in front?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Urchman200: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:
Friday. The judge tried. Some judges would have adjourn bail hearing till December to make sure he is punished for saying rubbish and acting silly.
well done sir ,I know u are typing this rubbish from the comfort of ur home ,if only u understand what it means to fight for freedom u won't be typing nonsense like this .

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by thesolutions(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Crap. After all you have read, you still type the bolded.

Leading a revolutionary protest is not a crime.
According to you.

Sowore is not the only Nigerian victimized by the government. how many of them have you protested for.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Wiifesnatcher(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
SoNature:
I wish he hadn't contested for presidential election...his struggle would have made more sense.

political contest and revolution doesn't just sound as a comrade

Sowore putting his hand in politics really withdrew his activism in my own eyes and even doing revolution against his fellow and incumbent contestant really make me see his education as waste. even sowore wouldn't allow that but disobeying court order of his release really show Buhari is still living in 18 century, no wonder economy is retrogressing

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Urchman200: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
mu2sa2:
Long spell in prison is the baptism of fire for revolutionaries, which sowore is or aspires to be. I dont know why sowore is fighting tooth and nail to be out of detention. Mandela left prison after 27 years to be president. I can bet it that if sowore spent half of that time in prison he will come out and effortlessly win any election in nigeria. So, sowore should stop applying for bail if he is truly a revolutionary and not a noicemaker. I think Pmb is even helping sowore by arranging him in court.
y don't u go to prison so that u can become governor.nonsense

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Sowore said “I would like to assure everyone that I am being treated well and in very good health.

“I am pleased that the peaceful #RevolutionNow protests went ahead.

“However, knowledge of the sheer number of innocent Nigerians being arrested for exercising their civil rights bothers me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/omoyele-sowore-i-am-pleased-that-the-peaceful-revolution-now-protests-went-ahead/amp/

When you start your statement with an abuse, it shows you are about to talk off point.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/14/sowore-only-revolution-can-usher-genuine-democracy-nigeria

There's nothing in that interview about peaceful revolution, but there's a lot about "Buhari must go".

He used Sudan as an example, which was a revolution not against legitimate civilian government, but against a military dictatorship hell-bent on hijacking the democratic process for its political gain. And that protest became violent.

So the question is: why is Sowore using the example of Sudan targeted at an illegitimate usurper to remove a validly elected civilian regime? There's no country where anyone will wake up and talk about removing a sitting elected civilian administration, peaceful or otherwise, and not be arrested and jailed for it. The only institutions allowed to change governments are elections, and the congress if the conditions exist for congress to remove the president.

So your local Che Guevara is a perfect candidate for the gulag.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/14/sowore-only-revolution-can-usher-genuine-democracy-nigeria

There's nothing in that interview about peaceful revolution, but there's a lot about "Buhari must go".

He used Sudan as an example, which was a revolution not against legitimate civilian government, but against a military dictatorship hell-bent on hijacking the democratic process for its political gain. And that protest became violent.

So the question is: why is Sowore using the example of Sudan targeted at an illegitimate usurper to remove a validly elected civilian regime? There's no country where anyone will wake up and talk about removing a sitting elected civilian administration, peaceful or otherwise, and not be arrested and jailed for it. The only institutions allowed to change governments are elections, and the congress if the conditions exist for congress to remove the president.

So your local Che Guevara is a perfect candidate for the gulag.

What you posted here did not show Sowore calling for a violent protest. He gave an example of a dictator which Buhari is. Even though it is clothe with democracy falling by a peaceful protest.

Unless calling for Buhari to step down means violent, I do not get your point.

I have posted links of even democratic governments falling from protests. So please, tell me the crime of Sowore.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by cashkid: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
slimfit1:
Sowore is might an easy target the next person won't be warning you from DSS sha bi
I

grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
thesolutions:

According to you.

Sowore is not the only Nigerian victimized by the government. how many of them have you protested for.

What concerns me in saying Sowore leading a revolutionary protest is not a crime?

I said Sowore did not commit a crime. Do you think he did or not?
Trying to attack me does not make what Sowore did a crime.

I repeat, Sowore did not commit any crime and I have laid my points. Do you agree or not?

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What you posted here did not show Sowore calling for a violent protest. He gave an example of a dictator which Buhari is. Even though it is clothe with democracy falling by a peaceful protest.

Unless calling for Buhari to step down means violent, I do not get your point.

I have posted links of even democratic government falling from protests. So please, tell me the crime of Sowore.

He called for a revolution against a validly elected government.

If he believes the government is dictatorial or unfit to rule then he could write to his representative in NASS to take action, or sue the government for infringement of his rights.

There's a limit to how far one can take one's grievance against an elected administration, and the laws of sedition and insurrection apply when one calls for the removal of that administration, or even organizes any movement calculated to disrupt and dislodge that elected administration.

The issue of violence is immaterial to this discussion. Peaceful protests are allowed, calls for revolution are not. Protests pass a message, revolutions actively seek to remove.

Your misplaced empathy is clouding your judgment...if you have any capacity to judge, that is.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Matt0z(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
RedEagle:
Sad. But when Sowore was supporting such strong arm tactics against others, we warned that the beast they are encouraging will swallow them.

Let other supporters of this be warned. More of this will happen as 2023 approaches.

he didnt know what was coming
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by OlaPhils(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Yoruba elders remain
Silent.
Shame on Yorubas who supported Buhari[

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

If he believes the government is dictatorial or unfit to rule then he could write to his representative in NASS to take action, or sue the government for infringement of his rights.

There's a limit to how far one can take one's grievance against an elected administration, and the laws of sedition and insurrection apply when one calls for the removal of that administration, or even organizes any movement calculated to disrupt and dislodge that elected administration.

The issue of violence is immaterial to this discussion. Peaceful protests are allowed, calls for revolution are not. Protests pass a message, revolutions actively seek to remove.

Your misplaced empathy is clouding your judgment...if you have any capacity to judge, that is.

A nonviolent revolution is a revolution using mostly campaigns with civil resistance, including various forms of nonviolent protest, to bring about the departure of governments seen as entrenched and authoritarian.

Did you read this at all? What Sowore did is not against the constitution or international practices. So talking empathy and cloud judgement does not change the fact.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

This study examines experiences from the Americas (Brazil and Guatemala), Africa (Burkina Faso and South Africa), Europe (Romania), the Middle East (Lebanon), and East Asia (South Korea). Each case has involved street demonstrations described as historic in size and spread, and often in duration.

Many of them have delivered significant results—in Brazil, Burkina Faso, Guatemala, and South Korea, they helped unseat presidents and other top officials and subject them to criminal proceedings.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/04/12/fighting-hydra-lessons-from-worldwide-protests-against-corruption-pub-76036

Please, no crime committed.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

EU Reacts To Sowore's Arrest, Supports Peaceful Protests

“The European Union stands firm on the principles of freedom of speech and our fundamental values. Of course, it is important in any democratic society for people to be able to participate."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/08/eu-reacts-sowores-arrest-supports-peaceful-protests
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by SoNature(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why? Why can't someone who contested an election lead a protest against a corrupt and evil government.

The election is still in line with the fight to change the corrupt government destroying the country further.

The reason is that it paints him as a sour loser, who wants to ruin the government because he couldn't win the election.

You don't revolt against a government you couldn't beat at the polls.

By contesting, he is more of a politician than an activist.

This is common sense.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Collins4u1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
Godoverevery:
some people won't like D's....sowore maybe doing what is right but one thing is I can never like is personality......for me is a male version of tacha.

Why are you confusing me with "is"... E dey worry you?
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by mu2sa2: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Urchman200:
y don't u go to prison so that u can become governor.nonsense
Truth is bitter, isn't it.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
SoNature:

The reason is that it paints him as a sour loser, who wants to ruin the government because he couldn't win the election.

You don't revolt against a government you couldn't beat at the polls.

By contesting, he is more of a politician than an activist.

This is common sense.

Common sense is when you can not change the government through an election under the firm grip of the corrupt government, then you have another alternative to cause the change which is through peaceful protests.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

This study examines experiences from the Americas (Brazil and Guatemala), Africa (Burkina Faso and South Africa), Europe (Romania), the Middle East (Lebanon), and East Asia (South Korea). Each case has involved street demonstrations described as historic in size and spread, and often in duration.

Many of them have delivered significant results—in Brazil, Burkina Faso, Guatemala, and South Korea, they helped unseat presidents and other top officials and subject them to criminal proceedings.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2018/04/12/fighting-hydra-lessons-from-worldwide-protests-against-corruption-pub-76036

Please, no crime committed.

You don't even read what you copy and paste.

Read: "Street Protests"

What Sowore called his movement was "RevolutionNow"

Revolution and street protest are NOT the same thing. You think words don't matter, legally?

Everyone has the right to protest....no one has one to remove a sitting and elected government.

If you believe Sowore or anyone else has the right to actively plan for the removal of an elected government then show me where that right is codified.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

EU Reacts To Sowore's Arrest, Supports Peaceful Protests

“The European Union stands firm on the principles of freedom of speech and our fundamental values. Of course, it is important in any democratic society for people to be able to participate."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/08/eu-reacts-sowores-arrest-supports-peaceful-protests

Yet again..."peaceful protest"

Sowore was arrested for calling for a "revolution". Not a "protest"
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

A nonviolent revolution is a revolution using mostly campaigns with civil resistance, including various forms of nonviolent protest, to bring about the departure of governments seen as entrenched and authoritarian.

Did you read this at all? What Sowore did is not against the constitution or international practices. So talking empathy and cloud judgement does not change the fact.

The onus is on you to prove he called for a "peaceful protest", or where he he says his protest was non-violent.

And i can point you to a million articles where he said Buhari must go, and his aim is to remove buhari. How does he intend to do that? With a revolution!

Also, the onus is on you to prove that a private citizen has the right to remove a sitting elected president.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

The onus is on you to prove he called for a "peaceful protest", or where he he says his protest was non-violent.

And i can point you to a million articles where he said Buhari must go, and his aim is to remove buhari. How does he intend to do that? With a revolution!

Also, the onus is on you to prove that a private citizen has the right to remove a sitting elected president.

Sowore said “I would like to assure everyone that I am being treated well and in very good health.

“I am pleased that the peaceful #RevolutionNow protests went ahead.

“However, knowledge of the sheer number of innocent Nigerians being arrested for exercising their civil rights bothers me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/omoyele-sowore-i-am-pleased-that-the-peaceful-revolution-now-protests-went-ahead/amp/

I wonder how Buhari must go means violence in you and Buhari's Vocab.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

You don't even read what you copy and paste.

Read: "Street Protests"

What Sowore called his movement was "RevolutionNow"

Revolution and street protest are NOT the same thing. You think words don't matter, legally?

Everyone has the right to protest....no one has one to remove a sitting and elected government.

If you believe Sowore or anyone else has the right to actively plan for the removal of an elected government then show me where that right is codified.

Did you read what you quoted or just yapping?

Read the bolded and enlighten yourself. These protesters committed no crime.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by asanwafo: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thegoodone13:
I don't understand again ooo. Ist not the same court that grant him bail before? Calling for revolution is very bad.
That is why u don't just open ur mouth and talk trash cos as far as legal issues are concern, u are a novice.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:

Yet again..."peaceful protest"

Sowore was arrested for calling for a "revolution". Not a "protest"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_revolution

Enlighten yourself. Calling for a revolution is not a crime.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
asanwafo:
That is why u don't just open ur mouth and talk trash cos as far as legal issues are concern, u are a novice.

Sowore never talked thrash. It is just that we have executives committing crimes. If not the real criminals are the ones arresting and detaining Sowore.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Neoteny(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Did you read what you quoted or just yapping?

Read the bolded and enlighten yourself. These protesters committed no crime.

There's no use arguing with an obtuse horse....something about taking a horse to a river but can't force it to drink.

If you think you're justified in supporting lawlessness then there's no use beating a dead horse, so I won't keep horsing around while you whinny about copy-pasted articles that don't apply.

So enjoy your horse-play alone.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by frndfghtr(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
mu2sa2:
Long spell in prison is the baptism of fire for revolutionaries, which sowore is or aspires to be. I dont know why sowore is fighting tooth and nail to be out of detention. Mandela left prison after 27 years to be president. I can bet it that if sowore spent half of that time in prison he will come out and effortlessly win any election in nigeria. So, sowore should stop applying for bail if he is truly a revolutionary and not a noicemaker. I think Pmb is even helping sowore by arranging him in court.
I think u are wright
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by litaninja(m): 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Prophet Fela talk say "Government Magic"
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by seunjungle1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
The condition you're right in is permanently yours, take care of your rubbi5h

thesolutions:
Friday. The judge tried. Some judges would have adjourn bail hearing till December to make sure he is punished for saying rubbish and acting silly.
Re: Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody by Minjim: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ipob judge
Is she pretending not to know a judge had earlier granted him bail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Duped Of N9.5 Million / IGP Receives NPF Panel Report On DCP Abba Kyari / Nigerians Criticise Garba Shehu For Addressing Jonathan As "President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.