Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles (3064 Views)

Scientific Miracles Of The Quran! / The “miracles Of Nature” That Are Widely Spoken Of Nowadays / Some Facts In The Holy Qur'an That Science As Proved. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Introduction & Contents

For me the scientific and numerical miracle of the Qur'an were the Qur'an's selling point. And for this, I formed the habit of coming to defense of the Qur'an even when I found it lacking. Because, once you're convinced that scientific facts and numeric patterns far beyond human capacity in the 7th century are borne in the Qur'an, your faith in it is cemented. So, you will pull every trick, every linguistic or grammatical acrobatic to justify any verse.

The Qur'an is definitely a thoroughly penned text. The frequency of certain words in the Qur'an seem not at all random but an intelligent design with hidden scientific connotations as I'll show. This erroneously leads Muslims to jump at these findings as subtle hints that the Qur'an is definitely divine, after all, who other than God could have been behind these?

I will share some of these so called miracles here, purposing to highlight the misunderstandings behind them.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
1. 'Day(s)' count miracle of Qur'an

Miracle:

There are 365 appearances of the singular and unmodified word 'day' in the Qur'an. The solar years is 365 days. There are 475 appearances of all derivatives of 'day' in the Qur'an. The sun completes 475 rotations about its axis every Metonic cycle.

Fact:

Ancient Egyptians and Greeks already knew before Islam that the solar year is approximately 365.2 days. The Julian calendar before Islam had 365.25 days per year. If men already determined 365 days as solar year, nothing is impressive about the Qur'an mentioning 'day' 365 times.

And while it's true that all the derivatives of day occur 475 times in the Qur'an, the sun does not complete 475 rotations in a metonic cycle. Depending on the spot of the sun, it may take 24 to 30 days to complete one rotation. One metonic cycle is 19 years. In one metonic cycle the sun rotates any where from 230 to 290 times.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
2. Land to Sea ratio:

Miracle:

The word " the land" and "the sea" is used in the Qur'an 12 and 32 times respectively. If we look at the ratio of "the land" to "the sea", we find 12/32 = 0.375. The surface of the earth is 510 million square kilometers. Approximately 135 million kilometer square is land and 360 million kilometers is water. The ratio of land surface area to water surface area = 135/360 = 0.375.

Fact:

Sure, these counts are accurate. Still, a reasonable objection though is, why count only "the land" or "the sea"? If we count these nouns with or without the definite article "the", the overall count would be different. "Sea", with and without "the" occur 33 times in the Qur'an.

This rule of counting only the nouns proceeded with "the" did not apply when counting "day(s)" in the previous miracle. Why should it apply now?
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
In another variation of this miracle, they counted all the occurrences of both nouns; land - 13, sea - 32, total = 45. They calculate the percentage of land count from the total count and the sea count from the total count, and obtain the values - 28.888% land, 71.1111 sea. And compare these values
with the values for the percentage of earth that is water(71) and land(29).

If you haven't noticed, the count of land is 13 here, not 12. And the count of sea is 32, rather than 33. This is because the rule for counting here is different. Here all the nouns are counted regardless of article. And then they opted to not to count the 'sea' in verse 20:77 as sea, but as 'land', for some flimsy reason.

Thus, they say "Look! Before modern science, the Qur'an revealed the percentage of earth surface covered with land and water with high precision."
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Why do Muslims Push Miracles of Qur'an?

If you do a Google search, you won't find shortage of Muslim websites devoted to 'scientific and numerical miracles of Qur'an'. Now, pushing scientific miracles of scriptures is not unique to Muslims. But, it is only Muslims that still adamantly pursue such fallacy with much fervor and conviction.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
3. Speed of Light:

Miracle

The angels take affairs of the earth back to God in one day, 23hrs 56 minutes and 4 seconds, and this duration to man is equal to 1000 years(32:5).

Calculate the speed of the angels by determining the distance the moon covers in 1000 years and dividing the value by the number of seconds in a day. 

In one lunar month, the moon completes an orbit. 
In one lunar year, the moon completes 12 orbits. 
Orbit of the moon/distance travelled by the moon per month is estimated to be 2,152,612.27km.
In one lunar year, the moon travels 2,152, 612.27 x 12 = 25, 831, 347km

In 1000 lunar years, the moon travels 25,831,347 * 1000
Number of seconds in a day = 86140

Speed at which affairs return to God = 25,813,347 * 1000/86140 = 299792km/s

299792km/s is the speed of light. The angels are in charge of returning the affairs to God in a day. And in Islam, angels are made of light, and can thus travel at light speed.

Fact

The moon completes 12.9 orbits in a lunar year, not 12. This is because although one lunar month is 29.5 days, the moon actually completes one orbit in 27.3 days. So the calculation is way off.

There is no basis for the assumption that the distance covered by the moon in 1000 years is the same distance it takes for the affairs to return to God in a day.

If the affairs cover roughly 25 billion kilometers to return to God, then then God's throne must be located nearer to earth than the nearest star. This can't be true as the Qur'an implies that Allah's throne is above the heavens, beyond the stars.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by tintingz(m): 1:22am On Oct 04, 2019
Following.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2019
tintingz:
Following.
Watching, will respond later.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
4. Worker Bee's gender and chromosome number

There is something intriguing about number 16 and bees in Qur'an.

Miracle

Chapter 16 is titled - The Bees
Chapter 16 has 128 verses. 128 is a multiple of 16.
The only verse that mentions 'bees' is 16 words long.
The only verse that mention 'bees' has 16 different letters.

The verses describe the action of worker bees - building and eating nectar- with feminine verbs.

Qur'an 16:68
And your Lord revealed to the bees; "Build your hives in mountains, trees, and in what they build. Then eat from every tree and follow your Lord's path".

Scientists have found out worker bees are females and have 16 chromosome pairs. People in ancient times didn't know this. Only God could've known the significance of number 16 to bees and the gender of worker bees.

Fact

Fun fact - The number of days it takes the queen bee to develop from egg to adult is about 16 days. People in ancient times knew this, and it is probable that the association of number 16 with bees in the Qur'an has to do with this well known fact, rather than chromosome number of bees.

Also, before the Qur'an, the ancient Greeks like Aristotle determined that worker bees were females.

Thus, nothing is intriguing about number 16 and bees in Qur'an.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by tintingz(m): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
true2god:
Watching, will respond later.

I can remember a video of Dr. Zakir Naik where someone asked him that most of the discoveries in the Quran if not all were already known or discovered in the past before Muhammad even exist.

Dr. Zakir gave a ridiculous response, his reaction was somehow furious with superiority, I've forgotten what he said. I think I will search for it again.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by labani06(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
usermane:
3. Speed of Light:

Miracle

The angels take affairs of the earth back to God in one day, 23hrs 56 minutes and 4 seconds, and this duration to man is equal to 1000 years(32:5).

Calculate the speed of the angels by determining the distance the moon covers in 1000 years and dividing the value by the number of seconds in a day. 

In one lunar month, the moon completes an orbit. 
In one lunar year, the moon completes 12 orbits. 
Orbit of the moon/distance travelled by the moon per month is estimated to be 2,152,612.27km.
In one lunar year, the moon travels 2,152, 612.27 x 12 = 25, 831, 347km

In 1000 lunar years, the moon travels 25,831,347 * 1000
Number of seconds in a day = 86140

Speed at which affairs return to God = 25,813,347 * 1000/86140 = 299792km/s

299792km/s is the speed of light. The angels are in charge of returning the affairs to God in a day. And in Islam, angels are made of light, and can thus travel at light speed.

Fact

The moon completes 12.9 orbits in a lunar year, not 12. This is because although one lunar month is 29.5 days, the moon actually completes one orbit in 27.3 days. So the calculation is way off.

There is no basis for the assumption that the distance covered by the moon in 1000 years is the same distance it takes for the affairs to return to God in a day.

If the affairs cover roughly 25 billion kilometers to return to God, then then God's throne must be located nearer to earth than the nearest star. This can't be true as the Qur'an implies that Allah's throne is above the heavens, beyond the stars. 
A day with Allah is 1000 years yes this is true take it or leave it
even though I can see you don't believe in God but don't forget up to today science has not been able to understand what a soul is and some are doubting about the Big Bang Theory this is a challenge to you God can let you know alot about this universe but only if he wish and atleast he let man to know about universe so God greatness can't be compared with anything he alone knows exactly what is out side this universe .

1 Like

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by tintingz(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
labani06:

A day with Allah is 1000 years yes this is true take it or leave it
even though I can see you don't believe in God but don't forget up to today science has not been able to understand what a soul is and some are doubting about the Big Bang Theory this is a challenge to you God can let you know alot about this universe but only if he wish and atleast he let man to know about universe so God greatness can't be compared with anything he alone knows exactly what is out side this universe .

1. You committed God of the gaps fallacy and appealing to Ignorance fallacy.

The fallacy = Because we don't know soul or fully understand the universe therefore it's God or "God did it", you fill your Ignorance (the gap) with God. You didn't consider other possibilities.

2. There are many religions with their God that talk about how the universe was created, so what makes you think your religion version of the universe story is the true?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2019
tintingz:

I can remember a video of Dr. Zakir Naik where someone asked him that most of the discoveries in the Quran if not all were already known or discovered in the past before Muhammad even exist.

Dr. Zakir gave a ridiculous response, his reaction was somehow furious with superiority, I've forgotten what he said. I think I will search for it again.
Doctored Zakir Naik is a bigot and a charlatan who spent all his life career bashing the Hindus and the Christians but will shout 'Islamophobia' anytime Islam is bashed. Also a pseudo scientist who always parrot the popular islamic propaganda 'scientific miracles in the quran' but when his claim is intellectually challenged he will quickly dismiss the person asking the question and go to the next gullible person with a soft question, his answers which are designed to 'waoh' the mostly gullible and semi-illiterate audience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by tintingz(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
true2god:
Doctored Zakir Naik is a bigot and a charlatan who spent all his life career bashing the Hindus and the Christians but will shout 'Islamophobia' anytime Islam is bashed. Also a pseudo scientist who always parrot the popular islamic propaganda 'scientific miracles in the quran' but when his claim is intellectually challenged he will quickly dismiss the person asking the question and go to the next gullible person with a soft question, his answers which are designed to 'waoh' the mostly gullible and semi-illiterate audience.

And to think of it, i use to think he's intelligent in philosophical argument when I was a Muslim but now he's not even close to intelligent when it comes to philosophical argument. I've not seen him in a philosophical debates with non-muslims. He's good at giving some cliché answers to cliché questions.

He's just a show-biz person.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
tintingz:

And to think of it, i use to think he's intelligent in philosophical argument when I was a Muslim but now he's not even close to intelligent when it comes to philosophical argument. I've not seen him in a philosophical debates with non-muslims. He's good at giving some cliché answers to cliché questions.

He's just a show-biz person.
He is a show-biz guy, Islamic mega-star who won a very lucrative 'Islamic' prize in Saudi Arabia, for him being a pseudo Islamic intellectual who can't even speak Arabic, the standard requirement for being an Islamic scholar. As a persona non grata, he was declared wanted, in India, for promoting religious conflict and terrorism. Luckily for him, the Malaysian PM (the smart Saudis rejected him) granted him asylum but he started, in Malaysia, preaching hatred, the same offense he committed in India.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by usermane(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
5. Earth Shape

Miracle

Qur'an mentions that the night is merged into day and day is merged into night in 31:29. It also mentioned in 39:5 that the night overlaps/coils into the night and the night into the day. Merging/coiling/overlap of day into night and night into day is not possible on a flat earth. In 79:30, the Qur'an states;

And the earth after that dahaha.

Dahaha mean to make something like an egg, an ostrich egg. So the full translation of the verse is "And the earth after that is made like an egg". It was only in the 1500s the earth was proven spherical with slightly flattened poles like an egg.

Fact:

First, it is not true that merging/coiling/overlapping of day and night is impossible on a flat earth. This reasoning is flawed. To say the night merges into the day is to state something very obvious. And to state the night coils into the day does not confer any idea about the earth shape. It is in fact a misleading statement because the verb 'coil' is inappropriate for intangible objects like the 'night' or 'day'.

Finally, does dahaha mean 'to be made like an egg'? The answer might surprise you, but is No. Dahaha means to spread something, it is not related to ostrich egg. Most of the translators of the verse translate it as;

"And the earth after that was spread". See translations - http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=79&verse=30

Dahaha means 'to spread' something, not 'to round' it. This is more descriptive of a flat earth than a spherical earth.

Lastly, the earth is not shaped like an ostrich egg. An ostrich egg is oval shaped. The earth looks more like a sphere, being flattened at its north and south poles. An orange would be more adequate description of its shape than an egg.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 9:55am On Oct 14, 2019
I hope we can also discuss 'the scientific miracles in the hadith'. I will post some 'scientific miracles' in the hadith as rasool 'rightly' educated the sahabas.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2019
In Sahih Bukhari Vol. 4, book 55, #543,

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

"The prophet, peace be upon him, said:
'Allah created Adam, made him 60 cubits in height..'"

The prophet of allah really got it right, Adam was 60 cubit tall.

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
In Sahih Bukhari Vol. 4, book 55, #543,

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

"The prophet, peace be upon him, said:
'Allah created Adam, made him 60 cubits in height..'"

The prophet of allah really got it right, Adam was 60 cubit tall.
And you have a problem with it
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2019
sulasa07:
And you have a problem with it
I have a problem with it because your prophet was very wrong here.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
I have a problem with it because your prophet was very wrong here.
How is he wrong
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2019
sulasa07:
How is he wrong
Your prophet got it wrong when he said Adam was 60cubic tall. It is scientifically impossible and you should be humble enough to admit that your prophet is wrong here. Remember, your prophet is not God and he can make a mistake; unless you have placed mohammed with the same level with allah.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
Your prophet got it wrong when he said Adam was 60cubic tall. It is scientifically impossible and you should be humble enough to admit that your prophet is wrong here. Remember, your prophet is not God and he can make a mistake; unless you have placed mohammed with the same level with allah.
Scientifically impossible indeed,Science that changes like Glo 4G to 3G,and 3G to 4G
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
sulasa07:

Scientifically impossible indeed,Science that changes like Glo 4G to 3G,and 3G to 4G
Stop being ridiculous. At no time has any man been 60cubit tall.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
Stop being ridiculous. At no time has any man been 60cubit tall.
Well,you can't say coz you didn't exist thousands of yrs ago
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
sulasa07:
Well,you can't say coz you didn't exist thousands of yrs ago
Has the hadith suddenly become a historical or scientific document? Aside Islam, which other community believes in your hadith?

1 Like

Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
Has the hadith suddenly become a historical or scientific document? Aside Islam, which other community believes in your hadith?
Its both, Science keeps changing from time to time.They've used science to lock people's brain and the early scientists/mathematicians were Muslim
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2019
sulasa07:

As much as I know,no one asked you to believe in the Qur'an and Hadith,since you do not believe it,why are you questioning me?
People always tell me to believe in the quran and the hadith so that I can go to heaven. So I have to question what I see in your quran and your hadith for sake of clarity.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2019
sulasa07:

Its both, Science keeps changing from time to time.They've used science to lock people's brain and the early scientists/mathematicians were Muslim
How do you mean by 'science keep changing from time to time'? Bro, your prophet goofed big time, accept this as a fact and move on.

Nothing like Muslim, Christian or Hindu mathematicians. What we have are Arab, Jewish, European, Indian, Chinese or Japanese scientist or mathematicians. Science has no religion.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by sulasa07(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2019
true2god:
How do you mean by 'science keep changing from time to time'? Bro, your prophet goofed big time, accept this as a fact and move on.

Nothing like Muslim, Christian or Hindu mathematicians. What we have are Arab, Jewish, European, Indian, Chinese or Japanese scientist or mathematicians. Science has no religion.
Google is there for you,now that they are Muslim,you cannot call them Muslim Scientists but you call them Arab,you are funny
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
sulasa07:

Google is there for you,now that they are Muslim,you cannot call them Muslim Scientists but you call them Arab,you are funny
I am telling you that nothing like a Christian or a Muslim scientist. Science has no religion; every race and tribe have their own scientists and philosophers. The only people that use the mantra 'Muslim scientists' are Muslims because Muslims, especially in this modern age and time, are not good in science and technology. Look around and you will see that none of the gadgets, electronics or cloths are made by any Muslim country. Even your bicycle, fan, generator, etc are ALL made by non-muslims. Nothing like Muslim scientist bro, stop making yourself feel good with an nonexisting 'Muslim scientists'.
Re: 5 Scientific Miracles Of Qur'an That Are NOT Miracles by true2god: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2019
sulasa07:

Not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs. We have Arabs who are Christians and atheist and some Arabs who follow Judaism, although most Arabs are Muslims. As a matter of fact the Quran call the Christians and the Jews (who are also Arabs) 'the people of the book'. Why are they called 'the people of the book'? This is because they are known to be very educated among the illiterate Arabs. Most of what Muhammed learnt was from 'the people of the book'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Believer Lives Between Hope And Fear / Why Qur'an Alone? / Black .,.,.,., Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.