Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Class This Morning In Canada - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Class This Morning In Canada (89299 Views)

Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by AngelicBeing: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
sassysure:

My dear, wetin u want make we say na.

Oga travelled home last 2 week's and throughout he was complaining bitterly.

Lol, please pray and fast for Nigeria, prayers is what Nigeria know too well, they understand what it means to pray for Nigeria, so keep praying for Nigeria, tell all your family members to pray for Nigeria but for me, l will be at the sidelines watching the drama grin
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by midnighter(f): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
mormoney85:
if they tell u hw much it costs to put that uni like this u will know ur government spent more to give u the nonsense u hv here today what am seeing there is not that expensive take another look at it window unit ac but well organized and clean job stop defending Nigerian

I'm not defending it at all I'm telling you to make a fair comparison, if we are saying the right thing then there's no need to exaggerate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Bizibi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
maxwell530:
would you have stopped reading had it be he praised buhari?
Well, I'm not expecting you to answer this cuz I know what your answers will be.

Cheers
were you expecting an answer from a buharist,buharists don't have brains at all.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by TheDiamonds: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
Y person nogo sabi book for this kain environment
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:
Actually, this is not a fair comparison.

International students pay an average of 3million naira in Canada per year but Nigerian schools charge an average of say 100k. (Rough estimates)

It's called getting exactly what you pay for. Good class rooms, but it's no big deal.

While you might have a point, I tend to disagree sir.... Till the mentality changed, even if you pay a billion Naira as school fees in Nigeria, it will never look like what you see in those pictures for obvious reason of our lack of taking care of anything, Most black countries are just horrible with maintenance and that is why you will see a billion Naira home in Nigeria and you will shake your head.
Unlike in sane countries where people and the government yearly look for how to better the nation but my dear Nigeria people believes in “If it is not broken, why fix it”

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Femeto: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
It's a cost thing. U paid heavily for that school.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
nuelyoyo:
your analysis is also wrong, Canada's economy gives the opportunity to work and earn wages that can pay that 3million naira equivalent school fees you are talking about. How many Nigerians can even pay the less than 100k naira school fees for Nigerian schools?

Give me a reason why a student in Nigeria can’t work and go to school at same time or even be creative and do something to fetch extra coins in the side, but they will rather flex or join a cult.
Most of our problems are self made and mind you the % of parents that pays the fees for their kids are extremely low because as long as you a permanent residence or a citizen, education is free until you get to high institutions which a good and a reliable kid will work and school or go for a student loan of qualified
Nigeria has all it takes to be better than even Nigeria but our ponmo mentality won’t let us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by nlPoster: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Fhemmmy:

[b]While you might have a point, I tend to disagree sir.... Till the mentality changed, even if you pay a billion Naira as school fees in Nigeria, it will never look like what you see in those pictures for obvious reason of our lack of taking care of anything, Most black countries are just horrible with maintenance and that is why you will see a billion Naira home in Nigeria and you will shake your head.

You're looking at the pictures posted on social media eg nairaland.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
nairalandposter:

You're looking at the pictures posted on social media eg nairaland.

Lol... I see those pictures in person almost all the time bros and I am a product of similar pictures, so I based all I am saying on facts and what I see in person
I have seen both sides and sad to know Nigeria is still way behind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
Exactly. Started reading the op, but the moment I saw GEJ and his attempt to praise him, I immediately knew reading any further is sheer waste of time.

Those of us deep in the education sector know better.

The dude is a case of nigga out the hood, but hood still in the nigga. In Canada and still dumb enough to think gej was some sort of hero. That one will never be a critical thinker

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by RUDEBOYY(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
Is the school made for only international students?

The school was built by Canada for canadians.
And I know local students don't pay upto the 3mil you mentioned some of them are on scholarship self..My country is really a shithole.and the worst part is I feel stuck while living in my own God given country

AgreatMan:

International students pay an average of 3million naira in Canada per year but Nigerian schools charge an average of say 100k. (Rough estimates)

It's called getting exactly what you pay for. Good class rooms, but it's no big deal.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by nlPoster: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Lol... I see those pictures in person almost all the time bros and I am a product of similar pictures, so I based all I am saying on facts and what I see in person
I have seen both sides and sad to know Nigeria is still way behind

I could have said the same but I was impressed by some things . I could pick up a few ideas from folks in the know back home.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
ornicus:

The dude is a case of nigga out the hood, but hood still in the nigga. In Canada and still dumb enough to think gej was some sort of hero. That one will never be a critical thinker

Lol cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by pansophist(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:

So how can you explain other countries that have free tuition for their citizens and international students with better quality educational system than Canada (eg Finland, Germany and Norway) ?

Regardless if Nigerians decide to pay one millions naira per annum, the system is rotten. If Nigeria decides, it can provide this high quality level for its citizen for free.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Daviddson(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
midnighter:

That's a proper utilisation of taxes, if people would just try and leave a little when they're stealing from the coffers it would help everybody more
Yeah, that's right.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by ogawisdom(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
kingkuntaval:

Are you even Ok, should public schools depend on students tuition to develop its infrastructure, what are taxpayers money used for, do you think that Canadian schools charge their citizens that much? Abeg no dey glorify Rubbish.

FUCKING SHITHOLE COUNTRY.

Shut up already foolish idiot, if u want the best then pay for it fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by pansophist(m): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ugosample:

Germans pay ZERO TUITION

And their unis are still top notch in all ramifications

French unis charge like €300
far less than what some overhyped useless nigger state uni on N iggerArea
yet see what they have in those unis as well

forget that thing
the govt no dey try
country is not in Good shape

simple and short

I like the way to play devil advocate for Nigeria
but it is what it is

Ugo I hear say you de Turkey, arrange visa for me make I join you na?

Abeg cry
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
nairalandposter:

I could have said the same but I was impressed by some things . I could pick up a few ideas from folks in the know back home.

Imagine those images without electricity
Imagine a kid going to that school on a pothole ridden holes and in traffic for hours
Imagine leakages of roof in those kinda pictures
And you think that is the best the future generations can be given or deserves?
The issues isn’t just the government but even the citizens

3 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Bizibi(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
pansophist:

So how can you explain other countries that have free tuition for their citizens and even international students that have same, if not better quality educational system than Canada (eg Finland, Germany and Norway) ?

Regardless if Nigerians decide to pay one millions naira per annum, the system is rotten. If Nigeria decides, it can provide this high quality level for its citizen for free.
you forgot to mention Sweden.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
ogawisdom:

Shut up already foolish idiot, if u want the best then pay for it fool

And soon we will say we have freedom of speech and blame government arresting people for talking ? I can imagine how you would have slapped the gentleman just for speaking his mind, and is there anything he said a lie?
Nigeria can never move forward by deceiving ourselves .... Nigeria is a shithole bros, a 59 year old nation with
Population
Smart people
Awesome resources
And we can speak English better than the queen
Yet, can boast of any reasonable achievements

Nigeria is a mess and only the truth can set us free

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Ugosample(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
pansophist:

Ugo I hear say you de Turkey, arrange visa for me make I join you na?
Abeg cry
Na short stay I go stray for dia was looking for cheap things to resell tongue tongue tongue
I'm.not based there even tho.the country is quite beautiful (a blend of old and new architecture)
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Ugosample(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
pansophist:

So how can you explain other countries that have free tuition for their citizens and international students with better quality educational system than Canada (eg Finland, Germany and Norway) ?

help me ask him o
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Lamanii22(f): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

So I had an appointment which made me come to school early today, after that I headed to my class, as I walked in tears dropped my eyes, the memories of how crazy my class was during my undergraduate in Naija just came to my mind.

Take a look at a class and washroom and see the difference in the garbage we have back home. A school with every amenities u could ever think of,, name it . But in 9ja all we do is to glorify politicians that are illiterate, incompetent, corrupt and clueless, imagine the kind of president we have in this 21st century coupled with the cabals, how do we move forward?

Let me not talk of TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY sef.. Well I won't say much, I am happy I left and I am cool but winter will soon come shocked I will only think of Naija if I wanna come to see my Mum and siblings.

We need to do better in that country. Imagine a country with educated elites and see who is ruling us. And worst of it is that many Nigerian youths focus on irrelevant things probably scared of being picked up if they talk. If our government was responsible and accountable we would have had a better place.

Most times the weird and barbaric news I read here its saddening. It wasn't as bad as this when GEJ was in power but we won't accept the truth.

Say whatever u want to say but it doesn't concern me until I decide to come home briefly, I am only speaking for the good of all. angry

May God help Us.. Peace!

With this kind of class gaan.... You will understand everything with ease....

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Ugosample(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Give me a reason why a student in Nigeria can’t work and go to school at same time or even be creative and do something to fetch extra coins in the side, but they will rather flex or join a cult.
Most of our problems are self made and mind you the % of parents that pays the fees for their kids are extremely low because as long as you a permanent residence or a citizen, education is free until you get to high institutions which a good and a reliable kid will work and school or go for a student loan of qualified
Nigeria has all it takes to be better than even Nigeria but our ponmo mentality won’t let us

"Our Ponmo mentality"

You got that right there

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Beat123(f): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
sugarboy212:
Beat123, you mean people now smoke paracetamol? OMG.

no joke!

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Beat123(f): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
midnighter:

Lol and pit latrine
country gets older n wayward. It’s a pit
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by midnighter(f): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Beat123:
country gets older n wayward. It’s a pit

Lol they must get high by any means possible

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by nuelyoyo(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I am not talking about how Nigeria would have been if we don't have a poor mentality, am talking about what it is now, the reality on ground.
If the jobs are available for Nigerian students to do and go to school, you think they wouldn't do it? Or should we talk about Nigeria, that has a very stressful educational system that even combining it with work is not easy, as you may either loose the job in the long run, or your education suffers severely (reference to full time undergraduate programs)
As regards to student loans, many students take up students loans in advanced countries because there is a guarantee that they would get a job after graduation, they mostly pay off the debt few years after working. You can't even talk of student loan here in Nigeria and you know why.
If we talk about poor education, poor electricity, poor health care, and many poor services and amenities we experience in Nigeria, people like you would be quick to tell us how what we pay is so low compared to what resident in advanced countries pay, which is way higher than ours. But you fail to realize that thier wages there is way higher than what an average Nigerian earns. So they can pay more coz the earn more, many Nigerians earn less, but they can't even pay less, coz what they earn can't even take care of the basic things of life - food, clothing, and a covering over their head.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by ZZ22: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
midnighter:

Not defending the status quo but avoiding unfair comparisons. That things are bad does not mean we should exaggerate our problems or take on a defeatist attitude, that's what the people who colonised us want us to do
Your colonizers don't want you to do shit, respect yourself, put your house in place and watch colonizers treat you with utmost respect. Things are really bad in Nigeria and there's no future for the coming generation with the way things are going. We have to tell ourselves the truth because shying away from it will further sink Nigeria in to pit. Nobody is exaggerating the situation of the country rather it is our local media controlled by same demonic government underrate how deep the country has sunk in all standard. Telling yourself the truth is the first step to solving your problems and being truthful is not exaggeration.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by omenka(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Imagine those images without electricity
Imagine a kid going to that school on a pothole ridden holes and in traffic for hours
Imagine leakages of roof in those kinda pictures
And you think that is the best the future generations can be given or deserves?
The issues isn’t just the government but even the citizens
Take the cases of those pigsty posted here as the conditions of our university hostels.

Imagine folks in tertiary institutions taking a dump and thereafter, using the walls as their buttwipes! Imagine taking a dump on the floor or doing so when there isnt running water.

Imagine throwing refuse out the windows unto the immediate surroundings of the hostels!!

Some fellas here reigning cursing on government over the state of our schools do these things I just mentioned.

How in seven hells are we gonna blame the government for such behavioral traits in students in tertiary institutions whom we assume should know much better?

We arent ready to tell ourselves the truth in this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by midnighter(f): 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
ZZ22:
Your colonizers don't want you to do shit, respect yourself, put your house in place and watch colonizers treat you with utmost respect. Things are really bad in Nigeria and there's no future for the coming generation with the way things are going. We have to tell ourselves the truth because shying away from it will further sink Nigeria in to pit. Nobody is exaggerating the situation of the country rather it is our local media controlled by same demonic government underrate how deep the country has sunk in all standard. Telling yourself the truth is the first step to solving your problems and being truthful is not exaggeration.

Yes you are right, I am only making the point that you should compare the same pieces of data and not make false comparisons
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
Take the cases of those pigsty posted here as the conditions of our university hostels.

Imagine folks in tertiary institutions taking a dump and thereafter, using the walls as their buttwipes! Imagine taking a dump on the floor or doing so when there isnt running water.

Imagine throwing refuse out the windows unto the immediate surroundings of the hostels!!

Some fellas here reigning cursing on government over the state of our schools do these things I just mentioned.

How in seven hells are we gonna blame the government for such behavioral traits in students in tertiary institutions whom we assume should know much better?

We arent ready to tell ourselves the truth in this country.

If you read my post well, I apportioned the blame to everyone but wait a minutes, someone taking a dump by the wall and using the wall to wipe the bum, isn’t that why Nigeria is called a shithole? Besides can u just imagine a nation with proper water, a school with proper facility and maybe they will use the washroom for such
Bros even most hotels in Nigeria are a mess except few that are not even within affordability of the 95% of Nigerians.... we are all to be blamed but beg those fools called leader to provide the basics and they won’t be blamed.... imagine the salary of a useless senator compared to salary of a teacher?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Security Stops Vehicles With Passengers Hidden Among Animals In Kaduna (Photos) / New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.