Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

My Class This Morning In Canada - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Class This Morning In Canada (89352 Views)

Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

We know your type. Chief Complainers Ministry Incorporated, with no constructive solution, to offer. Una well done. You never see anything good to say about your country, except to run it down.

One day, you will get a medal for all your continuous insults and vile unleashed against your country....

Have you noticed i have not called you names or insulted since we started debating, and have you wondered why i never did? It is because me and you ought to be on same side of the coin against the people that have decided that Nigeria will NEVER do well, and do you know who those people are? The government that you are supporting and fighting for
Where are their kids, they are abroad that you are bashing, do you know why? because they know nothing better can come of all they are doing
Till people like you realize that people like me are not the enemy, we have a long way to go.
For your information, without complainers, there can't and won't be progress . . . Thanks for all the name calling, but i still remain humble and respect you sir/ma
If you truly love Nigeria like you claim, you will join the complainers and hold the fools in power responsible by demanding what is the right of the people

9 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
Fhemmmy:

If that is what maintenance means to you, then, i just realize that i have been wasting my time discussing with you, how do you hold your people or government responsible when you don't even know what to expect from them. . . Mind you, as a Nigerian either behind the screen or keyboard or on the street of Lagos carrying placard, we deserve better and asking for better and till people like you realize that Nigeria is a sick nation, healing procedure won't and can't start,
Oga, I did not define maintenance to you, because it is not my job to do so. Such info is freely available on the internet.

I will not join words with you to insult my nation as complaining solves absolutely nothing.

The solution is to get into the trenches and contribute your own efforts to right the wrongs, and make your community better, no matter how small those efforts are.

By the time everybody puts in their bit, the collective result will go a long way.

I have read through all your complaints and lamentations and there is NO single constructive solution of how things can be buikt, improved or resolved in anything you wrote.

Yes, Nigeria has many problems. Yes, it can be better than it is now. But will complaining make it better? Hell, no! Action needs to be taken.

As I speak there are medical doctors who are Nigerians in the US, that conduct medical missions to Nigeria every year to offer medical care to different communities.

There are others setting up businesses to improve their lot, and contribute meaningfully to their people's lives, do they can put food on the table.

Those of us who live here trying to make an honest living, can see what goes on in our environment, and we know that there are pockets of hope and development, so we will not relent until such development's become widespread.

Nigeria does not need complainers, it needs people who will pull their own weight by setting up plants, projects, industries, estates etc to make things better. End of story.

That is why all the hardworking legit businessmen that battle the odds everyday to keep things going in Nigeria, will always have my respect.

Those of you abroad with foreign citizenship that feel it gives you a right to trash Nigeria, should go ahead.

Last last those of us here, working our hands to the bone to make it better, will remain resolute in our stand. It is better to work and make things improve, instead of continuing to insult, complain and pull her down....what have your complaints achieved?

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Fhemmmy:
For a nation as big and wealthy as Nigeria, what an achievement to be able to name hand full of facilities that are built and yet won't be maintained . . . Kudos to the man that invested millions and employed so many people, however, put on your thinking cap please stop the sentiment, can you imagine how much the same man is spending yearly on operating cost on the following:

Gas to operate the generator
Health of his employees

And please for once stop and reason how many people such will employ if the government do the right thing and provide constant light for the people . . . . Have you ever for one imagine how many factories and companies will be built in Nigeria if we have light?

Have you ever for once sat and imagine the cost of lighting up the airports in Nigeria, and just think of what can be done with such amount if there was constant electricity?
Nigeria is sick nation with backward thinkers as leader. . . .We have all we need and all it takes to have 24 hours, 365 days electricity in Nigeria, but due to the wickedness of the people you supporting, we might never see light in your generation.
Didn't I say it before that you are very good at complaining? You as a person, what have you done to make Nigeria better? Name just one!

At least some people are spending their private money to put in place extra security for themselves, families and communities....what have you done to help them?

Others are constructing independent power plants (IPP) to supply power to the national grid, and light up their communities.

Oga, don't quote me again abeg, until you have constructive solutions to propose. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Didn't I say it before that you are very good at complaining? You as a person, what have you done to make Nigeria better? Name just one!

At least some people are spending their private money to put in place extra security for themselves, families and communities....what have you done to help them?

Others are constructing independent power plants (IPP) to supply power to the national grid, and light up their communities.

Oga, don't quote me again abeg, until you have constructive solutions to propose. Thank you.

Identifying the problem with the nation is ONE
Exporting to Nigeria adds to the economy of the nation
I represent the nation without making the nation looks bad outside the nation
Being a great ambassador of the nation
Now tell us what you have done to make it better tongue
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by ehinorlive: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
modified

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Jman06(m): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Thank you! shocked Sometimes, I feel some people just leave their overcrowded shanty communities, and go straight abroad, without even bothering to look at other parts of the country and see what is going on there.

That is why they are gobsmacked and left in awe, whenever they see some decent apartments abroad, forgetting that if you pay the same kind of money you are paying abroad right here, you would get similar levels of comfort and furnishings.

Then they rush to condemn Nigeria instead of offering constructive solutions. Just siddon dey look dem...!
You guys should stop giving weak excuses to justify the failed Nigerian system! Your excuses would only embolden the criminals looting the nation dry!

OK, let's assume that we ain't paying commensurate fees here, who should be held accountable? Me? Or the education policy makers in Nigeria!? What stops the government from privatizing all the universities or cutting down the number of federal universities with a view to conserving resources for just a few universities so that they could get a facelift and measure up to standards?

Don't we have thinkers in government?? Why can't they think up ideas on how to revamp the system? Oh, I forgot, Nigeria is cursed with brainless buffoons who're too far away from critical thinking!

The same rot in our education sector is also there in our health sector! Go to any missionary or private hospitals managed by seasoned administrators, you'll see how things are run smoothly, but come to government hospitals (managed by doctors) and you'll weep for Nigeria! The question is, why can't government learn from those private establishments??

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
Jman06:
You guys should stop giving weak excuses to justify the failed Nigerian system! Your excuses would only embolden the criminals looting the nation dry!

OK, let's assume that we ain't paying commensurate fees here, who should be held accountable? Me? Or the education policy makers in Nigeria!? What stops the government from privatizing all the universities or cutting down the number of federal universities with a view to conserving resources for just a few universities so that they could get a facelift and measure up to standards?

Don't we have thinkers in government?? Why can't they think up ideas on how to revamp the system? Oh, I forgot, Nigeria is cursed with brainless buffoons who're too far away from critical thinking!

The same rot in our education sector is also there in our health sector! Go to any missionary or private hospitals managed by seasoned administrators, you'll see how things are run smoothly, but come to government hospitals (managed by doctors) and you'll weep for Nigeria! The question is, why can't government learn from those private establishments??
Nobody is giving any excuse to justify any failed system. Go back and read my posts again with an open mind if you can.

All we have said is that if any criticism must be made, it should be done constructively.

All some people know how to do is to insult all things Nigerian, and denigrate it badly as if they are being paid to paint the country, in the worst possible colour. There is nothing constructive in their remarks. No suggestions or solutions or roadmaps to improve the current state of things.

My own take is that we should give credit to those doing their best daily, to make a difference in Nigeria. Not to the whiners, lamentation experts, and complainers whose insults achieve nothing.

Earning a legit living here, while being a stickler for professionalism and high standards, is not something to be sneezed at.

So do not lump everyone in the same pot, because you do them a disservice, when you do that. Those who get my respect, are the ones who see that something is wrong, and do something to actively put things right.

Why is that so difficult for myopic people like you to comprehend? Must everything be about you?

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Haryoureendey4(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

So I had an appointment which made me come to school early today, after that I headed to my class, as I walked in tears dropped my eyes, the memories of how crazy my class was during my undergraduate in Naija just came to my mind.

Take a look at a class and washroom and see the difference in the garbage we have back home. A school with every amenities u could ever think of,, name it . But in 9ja all we do is to glorify politicians that are illiterate, incompetent, corrupt and clueless, imagine the kind of president we have in this 21st century coupled with the cabals, how do we move forward?

Let me not talk of TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY sef.. Well I won't say much, I am happy I left and I am cool but winter will soon come shocked I will only think of Naija if I wanna come to see my Mum and siblings.

We need to do better in that country. Imagine a country with educated elites and see who is ruling us. And worst of it is that many Nigerian youths focus on irrelevant things probably scared of being picked up if they talk. If our government was responsible and accountable we would have had a better place.

Most times the weird and barbaric news I read here its saddening. It wasn't as bad as this when GEJ was in power but we won't accept the truth.

Say whatever u want to say but it doesn't concern me until I decide to come home briefly, I am only speaking for the good of all. angry

May God help Us.. Peace!
typing this with faith.....I will meet you in Canada next year by God grace!!!

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by kkins25(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
don't be naive and ignorant.. Tuitions is actually free or almost because the government takes care by subsidizing educational expenses the only difference is u pay heavily as a non citizen or if u aren't married to a citizen...

Can ur government provide free education? How much is education budget? And how is maintenance and upgrading including sustainable ideas to improve....

Please enlighten ursef before rubbishing and advertising ursef as ignorant..Most countries in Europe even offer free tuitions irregardless except for professional courses...

Before u quote me and say poo I'm living abroad now 15years and long before that i have been travelling in and out..Although i was schooling in naija and even went to the first private university in naija before the proliferation of the likes..i also know how public schools function and look like...

Call a spade a spade and don't seek permanent residency in mediocrity u deserve better....Ur contemporaries are in 21st century u live like in 18th century and seem contented thinking it translates to resilience, endurance and hope for glory..My brother that's self delusion..

Think if u will!
How much can one budget to study in canada??
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
don't be naive and ignorant.. Tuitions is actually free or almost because the government takes care by subsidizing educational expenses the only difference is u pay heavily as a non citizen or if u aren't married to a citizen...

Can ur government provide free education? How much is education budget? And how is maintenance and upgrading including sustainable ideas to improve....

Please enlighten ursef before rubbishing and advertising ursef as ignorant..Most countries in Europe even offer free tuitions irregardless except for professional courses...

Before u quote me and say poo I'm living abroad now 15years and long before that i have been travelling in and out..Although i was schooling in naija and even went to the first private university in naija before the proliferation of the likes..i also know how public schools function and look like...

Call a spade a spade and don't seek permanent residency in mediocrity u deserve better....Ur contemporaries are in 21st century u live like in 18th century and seem contented thinking it translates to resilience, endurance and hope for glory..My brother that's self delusion..

Think if u will!
In which university is tuition free, in Canada?

From the screenshot here, they pay school fees, o! And when those fees are converted to Naira, they are not cheap!

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by NiklauseFred(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2020
Hadampson:

Wrong thread... Post your question here sir. Thank you smiley

Bro we just dey move from thread to thread grin

Longest time man.
How is it goin' down there?
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Hadampson(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Bro we just dey move from thread to thread grin

Longest time man.
How is it goin' down there?

Lol.. Yeah, I thought you are not in Nigeria anymore.

Well, everything is going smoothly. How are you doing smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by NiklauseFred(m): 7:20pm On May 08, 2020
Hadampson:

Lol.. Yeah, I thought you are not in Nigeria anymore.

Well, everything is going smoothly. How are you doing smiley

Lol bro I still full ground for naija oo
Na indoor i dey since morning grin

I'm doing good bro(we give glory to the almighty)

How is the 'lockdown' there?
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Hadampson(m): 7:26am On May 11, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Lol bro I still full ground for naija oo
Na indoor i dey since morning grin

I'm doing good bro(we give glory to the almighty)

How is the 'lockdown' there?

The lockdown seems somehow jawe. Everywhere is as quiet as a graveyard cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by NiklauseFred(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2020
Hadampson:

The lockdown seems somehow jawe. Everywhere is as quiet as a graveyard cheesy

Same Mann.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by marvejmc(m): 8:49pm On May 11, 2020
Finally una don derail this thread na wa for una

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Bbbwings: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
see people wey never get 24hr electricity dey brag grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Security Stops Vehicles With Passengers Hidden Among Animals In Kaduna (Photos) / New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.