Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,580 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

My Class This Morning In Canada - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Class This Morning In Canada (89922 Views)

Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by remiopash: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2019
You started well but you ended it in a very disturbing way which shows the side of the divide you belong "it was not bad as this during GEJ's era"
Who told you it wasn't bad Do you know that Nigerian university students were at home for roughly one year due to ASUU strike when Wike was minister of education ?? The longest strike ever in the history .
Nigeria doesn't deserve GEJ nor Buhari,please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by vichaz10(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2019
lagoskind:
How much do Canadians pay for their own school vs how much they earn? In Nigeria, how much do Nigerians earn vs How much do they pay?

That's a fairer comparison... You'll discover politicians are the problem in this country.

You forget to add up the student loan most of them get to go to school...

3 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by jaeyking(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Bigiyo:
Are u there on scholarship??
how did u get the students visa??
no vex for my questions o, i am just tired of naija schools, imagine going to lecture and u will take standing or u sit on the floor

you paid for what you got.
you want a school like that.
go to American university of Nigeria
or covenant university
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by bizhop01: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2019
ogawisdom:
Don't forget to compare the school fees too.

U can't pay 85k a year n expect to get the facility of those that paid 3 million a year that is senseless
Point of correction the 3 million you are talking about is for international students not for canadians.

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Johnnyessence(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2019
nawaooooo, when will Nigeria will be better please. Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Peresrichly: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2019
Tolexander:
You sha wan take style tell us sey you don japa!

Congrats
He is not styling anything sometimes let’s take the truth and face it. One other problem is we always look for side things to dilute the truth to make the truth less effective.

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by vichaz10(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2019
komodapson:
Definitely you're yet to uninstall Nigerian app running in your brain....lol....so until you got to classroom till you realize difference(s).... Didn't you notice difference from the prayers you make daily.. Or you haven't noticed your request are granted almost immediately with speed of light...

Prayers like...
God please I need WiFi ..gbam is done
God please make NEPA bring light..gbam turn on switch
Food...don't even go there

Looooool.... Please, and please...do not return to naija by anymeans...[go and submit undertaken to immigration that if dem c u for airport dt its wicked spirit o

grin
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by barragan: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2019
It appears this person's interest lies more in politics than in education.

Maybe you have short memories though and you can't remember exactly how bad Nigeria was under Jonathan. Well, if you come back to Nigeria you will remember because in many areas of life, nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by omenka(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2019
Edyice:
Northerners love power and dominance that's why the country is like this ..

Northerners wont allow any other tribes come in
Well lets enjoy
This one has nothing sensible to contribute.

Are northerners the governors, senators and reps members in southern states? What have these class of people achieved in their respective domains?

Is Obasanjo and Jonathan northerners? What did they achieve during their time that we can really point a finger at and brag about?

Instead of holding our respective leaders to account, we find a way to absolve them of blame and blame others in their stead.

I suspect you also campaigned vigorously for Atiku. Too bad Atiku who happens to be from the Southernmost part of the South lost.

Smh
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by ejimatic: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2019
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

So I had an appointment which made me come to school early today, after that I headed to my class, as I walked in tears dropped my eyes, the memories of how crazy my class was during my undergraduate in Naija just came to my mind.

Take a look at a class and washroom and see the difference in the garbage we have back home. A school with every amenities u could ever think of,, name it . But in 9ja all we do is to glorify politicians that are illiterate, incompetent, corrupt and clueless, imagine the kind of president we have in this 21st century coupled with the cabals, how do we move forward?

Let me not talk of TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY sef.. Well I won't say much, I am happy I left and I am cool but winter will soon come shocked I will only think of Naija if I wanna come to see my Mum and siblings.

We need to do better in that country. Imagine a country with educated elites and see who is ruling us. And worst of it is that many Nigerian youths focus on irrelevant things probably scared of being picked up if they talk. If our government was responsible and accountable we would have had a better place.

Most times the weird and barbaric news I read here its saddening. It wasn't as bad as this when GEJ was in power but we won't accept the truth.

Say whatever u want to say but it doesn't concern me until I decide to come home briefly, I am only speaking for the good of all. angry

May God help Us.. Peace!
. Our classes can be like this in Nigeria but we are all paying for lack of good leadership and poor followership.. If education is invested on and overhauled there will be good lecture halls and. classes in Nigeria institutions..However even when money is released will the school management spend it well? Will the contractors be selected on merits? We have the resources in Nigeria but corruption and poor leadership are affecting our progress. Do you know how much was stolen and mismanaged during the military era? Do you know how much was stolen and mismanaged in 16 years wasted reign of PDP? Even the 5 years of APC has been thwarted with poor execution of projects ,bad advice and poor planning. When oil was booming in PDP era our resources were wasted.What do you expect when there is oil doom now?Go to our campuses and see lecture halls and classes like market places....A lecturer to 500 students..Is it not shocking? is that a classroom population in USA? A better Nigeria is a collective effort... It may require stepping on toes if necessary.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by LoveJesus87(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2019
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

So I had an appointment which made me come to school early today, after that I headed to my class, as I walked in tears dropped my eyes, the memories of how crazy my class was during my undergraduate in Naija just came to my mind.

Take a look at a class and washroom and see the difference in the garbage we have back home. A school with every amenities u could ever think of,, name it . But in 9ja all we do is to glorify politicians that are illiterate, incompetent, corrupt and clueless, imagine the kind of president we have in this 21st century coupled with the cabals, how do we move forward?

Let me not talk of TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY sef.. Well I won't say much, I am happy I left and I am cool but winter will soon come shocked I will only think of Naija if I wanna come to see my Mum and siblings.

We need to do better in that country. Imagine a country with educated elites and see who is ruling us. And worst of it is that many Nigerian youths focus on irrelevant things probably scared of being picked up if they talk. If our government was responsible and accountable we would have had a better place.

Most times the weird and barbaric news I read here its saddening. It wasn't as bad as this when GEJ was in power but we won't accept the truth.

Say whatever u want to say but it doesn't concern me until I decide to come home briefly, I am only speaking for the good of all. angry

May God help Us.. Peace!
Am happy for you bro. Keep going higher jor
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by harrwix(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2019
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

May God help Us.. Peace!

While you do the comparison... Hope you still remember how much you paid as fees for your undergraduate studies in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

1. Can you pay the taxes that the average Canadian pays , at the same rate?

2.Canada has less than 30 million people....Nigeria has 200million people. And our annual budget is far less than what Canada spends on prinary school educaiton in their country.

3.Canada has an actively exporting industrial sector. Nigeria....all of you guys think of economics is that 'we export raw materials to the West, and share the money to import stuff from the same West.'. You won't vote for polticans who would stimulate industrial growth because it means an end to spoon feeding welfare politics.

4.Canda's GDP: 1.653 TRILLION dollars. (2017). Nigeria's GDP : 375.8million. Now keep in mind Canda has 30million people compared to Nigeria's 200 MILLION .

If you want Canada level...you have to be willing to pay at Canada level.
thrash!!!!!!!! Ur country has such state of affairs because of people like u...Malaysia came to nifor in edo State and learned in our oil palm Institute how to farm palm kernels today they are the highest producer in the world,dubai was a desert about 5 decades ago...

Don't live in delusion my friend, ur country has low budgets for basic and essential things but budget humongous and ridiculous amounts for self styled leaders and runs the most expensive democracy in the whole universe..

Please educate ursef properly don't offend or infuriate me diz morning..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Peresrichly: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:
Actually, this is not a fair comparison.

International students pay an average of 3million naira in Canada per year but Nigerian schools charge an average of say 100k. (Rough estimates)

It's called getting exactly what you pay for. Good class rooms, but it's no big deal.
Lol it’s a very fair comparison o. just that you have not seen it beyond that spot you are seeing it.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by kelvindj98: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2019
remiopash:
You started well but you ended it in a very disturbing way which shows the side of the divide you belong "it was not bad as this during GEJ's era"
Who told you it wasn't bad Do you know that Nigerian university students were at home for roughly one year due to ASUU strike when Wike was minister of education ?? The longest strike ever in the history .
You dey mind the mumu. Even anyone in uni during jona's time still swear for that fool. We were at home for almost a year because of strike.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by abelwealth(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2019
salford:

I do not support PDP or APC. I do not even live in Nigeria. Since you decided to bring politics into your post, GEJ's era had oil selling for over $100 a barrel. There were lots of money to go round.
Same is happening in Alberta right now. There is hardship since the crash of oil.
oga stop lieing Alberta is d heart of canada..no deceive anybody..come bak if e no favour u

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by jaeyking(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2019
bizhop01:

Point of correction the 3 million you are talking about is for international students not for canadians.

the fees of a Canadian studying is about 7000 dollars averagely.
convert that to naira. its about 2.5million.
so what are u saying

3 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Boyooosa(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2019
salford1:

Goodluck in your studies and welcome to Canada.
Explain to him that, that is the price of CO per barrel
Okonjo advised but they didnt listen....the stress we are recovering from now.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2019
vichaz10:

You forget to add up the student loan most of them get to go to school...

Don't mind the paid supporters here.... They don't want the truth.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by omenka(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2019
remiopash:
Exactly. Started reading the op, but the moment I saw GEJ and his attempt to praise him, I immediately knew reading any further is sheer waste of time.

Those of us deep in the education sector know better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by directonpc(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2019
Also blame Nigerian students and vandalism.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by haykes(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2019
hmmn,true talk God just help me escape this country one day guy I will not look back
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by vicsongreat(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2019
pmc01:

You have so much negative vibe around you.

You need some personal development, not just Nigeria. Nothing personal.

Guy comot for road. Nigeria is useless, including every Nigerian that elect useless leaders. Nigeria is hopeless and useless. Taaa gbafuo there. Which prayer?

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2019
ziziangel:

Lol, Baba...we've been praying as infants for Nigeria in every family morning devotion and now I'm almost getting married...

if you see way, Jaapa oh, some prayer warriors sef dey find way to clear commot for the BS country
let them keep praying something their ancestors did without season...Even pastors are kidnapped and killed yet they own churches and pray disturb the whole neighborhood...Commonsense and logic has been substituted for mediocrity and self delusion...

QED

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by kingkuntaval: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2019
ogawisdom:
Don't forget to compare the school fees too.

U can't pay 85k a year n expect to get the facility of those that paid 3 million a year that is senseless

Are you even Ok, should public schools depend on students tuition to develop its infrastructure, what are taxpayers money used for, do you think that Canadian schools charge their citizens that much? Abeg no dey glorify Rubbish.

FUCKING SHITHOLE COUNTRY.

4 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by chrizzyace: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
salford:

I do not support PDP or APC. I do not even live in Nigeria. Since you decided to bring politics into your post, GEJ's era had oil selling for over $100 a barrel. There were lots of money to go round.
Same is happening in Alberta right now. There is hardship since the crash of oil.

I’m tired of people like you still comparing what we are facing to advance country like Canada, yes it’s normal for us to face the same challenges but it’s not normal when you compare a country that is advanced like Canada to Nig. That doesn’t even have common basic amenities and still struggling to have infrastructure...

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Mentorkaryhm(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=AgreatMan post=82711253]Actually, this is not a fair comparison.

International students pay an average of 3million naira in Canada per year but Nigerian schools charge an average of say 100k. (Rough estimates)

It's called getting exactly what you pay for. Good class rooms, but it's no big deal.

Bro, u also should have considered the average salaries of employees over there. I think with their average income, affording that kind of education suppose not b a huge problem.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by maxwell530(m): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
Exactly. Started reading the op, but the moment I saw GEJ and his attempt to praise him, I immediately knew reading any further is sheer waste of time.

Those of us deep in the education sector know better.
would you have stopped reading had it be he praised buhari?
Well, I'm not expecting you to answer this cuz I know what your answers will be.

Cheers
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Cajal(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2019
HappyCanadian:

Unless your career is in the oil sector if not u relocate.. I will verify your claim though...

So now how much is oil and who is the cause since u referenced GEJ
....still far below 100 sir
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Adeevah(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2019
Oteunbascotty:
keep quiet!

Nigeria don do this one strong thing before he Jaapa oooo....category of people who blame their woos on buhari
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2019
Tolexander:
You sha wan take style tell us sey you don japa!

Congrats

bro if u have the chance pls japa ooo,,

here is cursed
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Asifiwe(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2019
Some of us did these comparison when we first traveled, You will get used to the fact that Nigerians at home are docile and you will stop posting Pictures of Snow and your classroom. You just went to Canada in April, you are Telling the world about the Credulity of our "Rulers" Indeed they are credulous and evil

You will recover. Many Nigerians in Germany, USA, in London Europe and Canada have given up on Nigeria,
when i think of The torture of Sowore who returned as the Messiah and read comments on Nairaland and Facebook. I wish i could Tell Sowore to give up the thought of Helping Nigerian.
They actually love their oppressors.

I will ever respect his boldness among many conquered cowards in Nigeria

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja / Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.