Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? (437 Views)

Guys Ever Wondered How Women Feel When We Bleep Them. / Have U Ever Wondered How Much A Runs Girls Costs (port Harcourt Edition) / Ever Wondered What Bill Gates’ House Looks Like? Take A Tour Of The Billionaire’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? by devlishGINGER(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
I will like to start my discuss by saying every aspect in life is to a large extent subject to culture . Hence, opinions may vary but with limited difference.
What is Patriarchy? I believe we are all a fruit of a father and a mother. In the home, the male is the head meant to protect and feed his family. With the forgoing, it is clear to conclude that Patriarchy is a social system in which men hold primary power and predominate in roles of political leadership, moral authority, social privilege and control of property
Kindly note, in African culture, at least using the three major tribes in Nigeria as a case study. Patriarchy is more pronounced hence the female has to appeal to the male to share in his duties. That is why you see women advocacy groups telling the government to include women in leadership. Women can not get to this post unless influenced by the male.
These social privileges is given to the female gender out of love and not because she can subdue the male or compete with him in the true sense of manipulation.
As Africans our reality may not jump off the cayak of patriarchy anytime soon because our society will drown. In as much new babies are being born into a family with a mother and a father, it will be hard to convince them of feminine dominance and power.
Historically, patriarchy has manifested itself in the social, legal, political, religious, and economic organization of a range of different cultures.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? by VillageHead: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
God made man the head and that settles i
Re: Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? by devlishGINGER(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
VillageHead:
God made man the head and that settles i
I don't think God just sat down one day and said, "hey! Man, be the head". Being the head often times starts from the subconscious.
Re: Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
I also wonder what 'Matriarch' means. grin
Re: Have You Ever Wondered What Patriarchy Means As A Woman?? by devlishGINGER(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I also wonder what 'Matriarch' means. grin
funny
Matriarch is a female

(1) (Reply)

Esdoll.com: Sex Dolls Of Different Prices Bring You Different Lifestyles / Relationship Help: What To Do When You Call Your Partner By An Ex’s Name / Dominique Stop Blocking My Account And Face Me With Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.