Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On (1218 Views)

Help I'm Loosing My Mind / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) / My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
Right now I'm so so so tired of living. I don't know why things are like this for me?

I'm currently indebted as a result of a failed business. My creditors are on my neck constantly for about 2 months now.

I decided to sell my land so as to pay off my debt but no buyer! I've contacted a number of agents and other individuals to help with the sale but nothing yet. There's some other funds I'm supposed to access but nothing is working out. To make it worse no help is forth coming from any where! I mean anywhere!

I'm so confused I'm fast loosing my mind. Several times I've contemplated suicide but I don't just know. I don't just know what to do. I'm really so depressed. I don't seem to know why things just turned upside down all of a sudden and my attempts at finding solution is not working.

2 Likes

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by healthserve(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Relax

What and what do you have. I.e properties

How much is the debt

What document does the land have?

1 Like

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
healthserve:
Relax

What and what do you have. I.e properties

How much is the debt

What document does the land have?

The debt is 2.3million

Since I'm helpless I wanted to sell the land to settle some of the debt at least.

The land has a transfer deed.
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by brodalikeme(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
Take it easy. Just because you are struggling doesn’t mean you are failing
I was in your shoes a while back and it was really tough. The first and last call I received everyday was from my creditors (God help you don’t pick or your phone is off grin) The situation was not funny at all, In fact it was the worse period of my life.... Your classmate locking you up while the loan guarantors are your classmate/friend (me wey no dey make friends easily fa!). It was ease to get the loan for the business but once it failed, everyone pretended as if it was all my fault. I lost money, two cars, respect, integrity, confidence and most especially friends.
I gradually started paying the loan after liquidated everything I could lay hands on. No matter how small my income was I used part of it to offset the loan. Things got better so did the size of the loan.
My advice to you is this, live on a very small budget and prioritize the repayment. DON’T borrow any money to use for the repayment (you don’t know when you will pay that one back). Finally, don’t rely on anyone, humans don’t associate with people in trouble or lack (not even your family).
Finally, PRAY! PRAY!! PRAY!!! God has a way of always reaching down to the cry of desperation. It might not be as you have imagined but He sure does.

Best wishes bro

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by goodmorning40: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
You are not alone most of us are in it, and to make matters worst is the extended family demands.
If you end your life wetin you gain
You might meet worst situations over there and then wish you never did take your life
If you look around you will discover you are better than many yet they push on
Just keep trying and leave the rest to God
Keep hope alive

5 Likes

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
brodalikeme:

Really I don't know what to think anymore. The harassment from my creditors is not what I wish for anyone right now.
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by missjo(f): 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
You intend killing yourself just to get out of paying a debt?
I hope you understand that your death means the loved ones you would leave behind will become saddled with the responsibility of paying off your debt and also the added financial burden of planning your funeral, not to mention the emotional hell you will put them through?
Think about this for a few days.
I don't want to believe you can be that self-centered.

The world does not revolve around you.
Life is a gift. Every breath you can still take is a gift, it means there is still hope, it means you can be better and do better.

I do not know how much debt you are in but i figure it can not be up to a million in dollars.
The most successful businessmen and billionaires in the world today are debtors in the multimillions (dollars) to banks all over, some even in billions. This is the part you don't get to hear about them, and you really think you have a problem?

If the land you own is valuable enough, why not offer it up as collateral for a loan?
This is a bad business move to be honest, but better than thinking of suicide.

3 Likes

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by healthserve(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kaychiz:

The debt is 2.3million

Since I'm helpless I wanted to sell the land to settle some of the debt at least.

The land has a transfer deed.

It can be worked out. Have you ever heard of the term loan refinancing or loan re-evaluation?

Have you tried this with your contacts. If you haven't let's talk on WhatsApp. Turning around businesses or dead financial situations is my specialty.

I'm interested in the problem

1 Like

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
healthserve:

It can be worked out. Have you ever heard of the term loan refinancing or loan re-evaluation?

Have you tried this with your contacts. If you haven't let's talk on WhatsApp. Turning around businesses or dead financial situations is my specialty.

Pls what's your number?
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by healthserve(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kaychiz:

Pls what's your number?

Check my profile. WhatsApp me. Let's brainstorm together. You'll smile in the end. I've owed 5 m before by the way. So no biggie
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bros, listen to me.

There are things you can't avoid in this life, all you can do is to learn how best to manage it. This situation is one of them.

I can see clearly that this your present experience is not to destroy you but to make you a better person and position you for better opportunities in the future...

I have a lot I've seen, but time won't permit me.
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
Why would you do a new business on credit?
That was a bad move and a recipe for failure bros.
Learn from this,it will pass,move on and never borrow money!
It's not a good practice I tell you.

1 Like

Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
brodalikeme:
I was in your shoes a while back and it was really tough. The first and last call I received everyday was from my creditors (God help you don’t pick or your phone is off grin) The situation was not funny at all, In fact it was the worse period of my life.... Your classmate locking you up while the loan guarantors are your classmate/friend (me wey no dey make friends easily fa!). It was ease to get the loan for the business but once it failed, everyone pretended as if it was all my fault. I lost money, two cars, respect, integrity and most especially friends.
I gradually started paying the loan after liquidated everything I could lay hands on. No matter how small my income was I used part of it to offset the loan. Things got better so did the size of the loan.
My advice to you is this, live on a very small budget and prioritize the repayment. DON’T borrow any money to use for the repayment (you don’t know when you will pay that one back). Finally, don’t rely on anyone, humans don’t associate with people in trouble or lack (not even your family).
Finally, PRAY! PRAY!! PRAY!!! God has a way of always reaching down to the cry of desperation. It might not be as you have imagined but He sure does.

Best wishes bro

Thank you cry cry cry
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Logobenz:

Thank you
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by mysticgal(f): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
^^^^^ I laughed so hard reading about him trying gambling. Do you want him to eventually commit suicide? What are the chances of winning? What if he gets addicted? And do you think gambling is a way out?

Op if I were you, I wouldn’t add gambling to my list of depressants, find another way around it Biko just not gambling.
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Breaststroke:
Kaychiz,

I hope you are also a single man without family obligations to wife & kids o!

Please hang in there and cry every time you are overwhelmed and feel like crying. It's therapeutic, it doesn't bring immediate solutions but everyone hurts sometimes and every heart needs relief. You'll feel better afterwards

I can relate to being indebted and harassed, in my case I was out of work and couldn't pay the house rent.

I know it's nothing compared to 2.3M but I feel you.

Two solutions I can think of are;

1. A salaried job that could help you pay off the debt slowly but steadily. Even if it's 50, 70 or 100k each month.

The people you owe may just want to receive something, even if it's not the bulk sum @ once - it will help ease the harassment, it did with my landlord.

2. You can try your luck with the lotto. I know this sounds counterproductive but hear me out.

Life is about taking risks & chances right? Take a chance with the lotto at clearing your debt.

I occasionally play the Western Lotto, they are authentic & real. I haven't won any jackpots or huge sums except for 7k, 10k, 4k & 5k at different times.

You can play their Keno 8 or Keno 10 games for the jackpot of 1million with as low as 50 naira.

If you're able to match 8 numbers or 10 during the draw you win 1M. If you match even 4 in Keno 8 you win something.

The trick is to credit your account with 500 box and slowly increase your winnings to about 1k or more to continue playing, without having to do another deposit.

I know it's gambling and even I struggle with it as a believer, but if there's a chance for you to win and clear part of your debt or all of it, I'll say try rather than just hoping & praying.

Play responsibly, don't go all in with a feverish anticipation of, I must win, I must win. Take a break every now and then and don't put in money foolishly. 500 to 1k is all I do.

If you're not cool with this then ignore suggestion 2 and try 1.

Thank you. And for your first question, yes I'm a family person
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Kaychiz: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
mysticgal:
^^^^^ I laughed so hard reading about him trying gambling. Do you want him to eventually commit suicide? What are the chances of winning? What if he gets addicted? And do you think gambling is a way out?

Op if I were you, I wouldn’t add gambling to my list of depressants, find another way around it Biko just not gambling.

Thank you
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by mysticgal(f): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
I may not get a specific way to wriggle out of your mess but trying your hands on a small venture wouldn’t be bad.
First of all, I know it might sound stuppid but then, it’s worth a try. Call your creditors, don’t avoid them as it is very annoying. Calmly explain to them that you have hit a rock but you intend on paying them back in no time, surely not in bulk if need be but in small useful amounts.

Chill out because you seem to be overly stressing about it. Think of something that can yield you income in a day, say 2500 everyday, food or something or the land you intend on selling, probably short lease it. I don’t know.

I am sure if you calm down, you will find a way around your problem and please, gambling sounds promising but trust me, it is life wrecking.

Kaychiz:

Thank you
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
healthserve:

What do they mean and how do they come into play here?
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Mizwisdom(f): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Pay a meagre amount to get a professional CV/Resume writer to draft a CV for you, use this to apply for as many jobs as possible, invest in a very smart suit for your interview (if you don't have one). I give you max 2 months, you'll secure a job, then you can offset your debt, gradually.
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by MountainView: 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
I have just five words for you

It shall come to pass
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
Logobenz:
the boss himself bro you dey reach this zanga. Hailings oo
Re: I'm So Depressed I'm Loosing Strength To Go On by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Pay a meagre amount to get a professional CV/Resume writer to draft a CV for you, use this to apply for as many jobs as possible, invest in a very smart suit for your interview (if you don't have one). I give you max 2 months, you'll secure a job, then you can offset your debt, gradually.
he should pay for cv resume first na wah oo.

(1) (Reply)

Ugandan Men Demanding To Be Breastfed By Their Wives / The Unjust Feeling Of Entitlement From Family And Friends / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Have Love Machine/s*x Toys At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.