Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls (39262 Views)

FG Warns Nigerians On Whatsapp New Rule / What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps? / Which Phone Apps Kept You Occupied In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
NUJABEZ:

50k Android and 400K Androids are not mates.
No b the same apps dem go install

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Antara0503(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
pls has d 60 million been given and received abi sorry d total prize money?
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by IAmXcessiz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Is this applicable to iPhones too?
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by NUJABEZ: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Phone spec aka processing power determines app performance.
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Olaburn(m): 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
How pls
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
That was how I downloaded one app they said can monitor people's phone. Till now I can't uninstall it angry cry

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
grin
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
NUJABEZ:

Phone spec aka processing power determines app performance.
They say malicious apps, u are saying processing power. Goan siddon jor

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by DCMIX(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Android and wahala are like 5&6
Thank God I escaped
...and return through xender.
grin grin Have a sit sir
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by medolab90(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
ideatoprince18:
Same way I hate true caller..... This same true caller made my G.F to know that I did not really travel to P.H!!!!....

Lol where you kan really go cheesy cheesy
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by NUJABEZ: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:

They say malicious apps, u are saying processing power. Goan siddon jor

Mannerless child, processing power drives security. Ode.
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
NUJABEZ:

I don’t have time to be dragging it with u.
Android is vulnerable simple. U never see where u jailbreak iPhone and Apple will revoke the apps u downloaded from other sites
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
NUJABEZ:

I’m 25. How old are u?. Calling someone mannerless
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by JonOlive: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Sir, you should have listed the names of some of those adware apps to be avoided. This information is INCONCLUSIVE!

7 Likes

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by ipriest(m): 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
subtlemee:
Our privacy ended the day we embraced technology...now Google even knows my house number and the name of my street

how is it possible for Google to know my house number
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Omenkata: 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
post=82721933:
The main thing is that these apps will continue to run in the background, even if their shortcut is uninstalled.
[/s]
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by kokomaster3d: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
These are the Apps

1. Employee Work Spy
2. Mobile Tracking
3. Phone Cell Tracker
4. SMS Tracker
5. Spy Kids Tracker
6. Spy Tracker
7. Track Employees Check Work Phone Online Spy Free.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by spotmataz: 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
subtlemee:
Our privacy ended the day we embraced technology...now Google even knows my house number and the name of my street

They also have the picture too..
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by patorial(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
jolokae:
Which app is that?

Most apps that requires data connection do so,
Always read the term and conditions before using any application
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by patorial(m): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
ipriest:

how is it possible for Google to know my house number

The moment you on your data connection your latitude position is detected, thereby Google can pull out maps of such position

3 Likes

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by patorial(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
JonOlive:
Sir, you should have listed the names of some of those adware apps to be avoided. This information is INCONCLUSIVE!

Always read the T&C of every application you download and you will know which does so
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by patorial(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
IAmXcessiz:
Is this applicable to iPhones too?
Most developers do not target IPhones, so it depends on what app is available
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by patorial(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:

there he go wrong, he doesn't know that what is vulnerable is not the device, but the Os.

So whether you use a millionaire phone or not the Os it uses matters
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Timileyin1234(m): 12:00am On Oct 01, 2019
DCMIX:
...and return through xender.
grin grin Have a sit sir
I can’t return to android
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:05am On Oct 01, 2019
Google and every google app is a spyware. So which app again? Open secret anyway cheesy
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by mamatwiny(f): 12:12am On Oct 01, 2019
kennosklint:
Dogo ke!!! Mtcheew
grin
Wonders really!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 01, 2019
This is where the risk of 3rd party appstore and Chinko phoned comes in. Google is constantly blacklisting and removing apps from their playstore that have been identified as dodgy.

sometimes a well regarded app is bought over by a dodgy company who then proceed to add adware and other things to it. When Google becomes aware of this the app is removed.

However several of the phones sold locally come with their own dodgy playstore with apps that are not reviewed or certified and can be downright dangerous

1 Like

Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by sapientia(m): 1:00am On Oct 01, 2019
Trash.

Name one.
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Emeka71(m): 2:45am On Oct 01, 2019
jolokae:
Which app is that?
Specific apps downloaded on android phones.
Re: Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Have you ever just thought of something and next thing an advert appears of that exact same thing? This devices now read mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / How Many Mb Will Be Enough To Stream 95min Football Match? / 5 Most Affordable SMARTPHONES In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.