Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order (31104 Views)

Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral / Tears As Man Chops Off Wife’s Hand For Disobeying Him [photos] / Master Busts His 10-Year-Old Apprentice’s Head For Disobeying Him. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Thanks for proving my point about the microscopic IQ thing....

To spell MUMU is even hard for you grin

No wonder you couldn't even understand the article grin

You need a masquerade to flog some sense into you. grin
Now U will know why I chose to misspell it!
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by KingOfAllIgbos: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
erico2k2:

Just as Expect, above your level of comprehension as usual! Nothing changed!just so U know, Mental slavery is the worst form of slavery!

Just as expected****

Intellectual inadequacies = correct diagnosis grin
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by KingOfAllIgbos: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
erico2k2:

Now U will know why I chose to misspell it!

No I don't .. I am allergic to daft people. cheesy
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Just as expected****

Intellectal inadequacies = correct diagnosis grin
Please what is the meaning of Intellectal

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
erico2k2:

Oga what about Saudi Arabia? they ain't even this naive. The govt of Saudi has a cod and its sharia!
Yes and that Sharia will not allow churches to operate. So it's both culture and religion of theirs. Freedom to even begin church is not there.

In the Edo case, they only told churches to not operate at certain times.

Even the govt has failed woefully with the way churches use megaphone. They drive city dwellers into constant insomnia and that is crazy.

Religious houses are taking way too much liberty.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by paix(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
Advancedman:

And the beaters are still alive?
Even the people that crucified Jesus, didn't die.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

Yes and that Sharia will not allow churches to operate. So it's both culture and religion of theirs. Freedom to even begin church is not there.

In the Edo case, they only told churches to not operate at certain times.

Even the govt has failed woefully the way churches us megaphone to drive city dwellers into constant insomnia is crazy.

Religious houses are taking way too much liberty.
Nop the Governament there is SHARIA, but in this part of the word, the chief priest is not teh government, spot the difference?
if it was the govt that said all regious bodies should not operate for one reason or the other by all means deal with anyone who fluant this ruling. If this case should go to court, I bet you any money the chief priest will deny sending any body to go harrass anybody.
There is such thing as religious tolerance, let me give you an example of a good one last week a group of orthodox jews just rebuilt an Islamic centre for Somalians in North London which was destroyed by fire during an arson attack last year.
PS regards, teh mosque and churches megaphones, I agree with you on this o ne, its noise polution. This was one of the reasons a pastor was arrested in woodgreen north london!

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

Go and ask that question in Saudi Arabia. shocked shocked

You must respect culture of the land you live in. Or move to Vatican City or Canterbury.

Any serious Christian should know what Jesus said about Caesar & tax. Even though Rome was even only a colonial occupying authority in Judea then.

Una read Bible upside down so una nor dey understand am. shocked shocked
Culture of the land my foot. You painted an analogy that doesn't hold water. This is Nigeria and there's no supremacy of religion. The religion involved are well accommodated even in our constitution. There's shouldn't have been a restriction of movement. Should other religion close Lagos Ibadan express way cause they want to practice theirs faith?? That's purely intolerance. I won't respond to your last statement alright.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

Culture of the land my foot. You painted an analogy that doesn't hold water. This is Nigeria and there's no supremacy of religion. The religion involved are well accommodated even in our constitution. There's shouldn't have been a restriction of movement. Should other religion close Lagos Ibadan express way cause they want to practice theirs faith?? That's purely intolerance. I won't respond to your last statement alright.

At Ikorodu there is Oro festival every year with restrictions. Ikorodu is busier than this part of Benin where the restriction was in place.

Anyway go and imitate that tithe pastor in that area of Benin and get the same beating too. Buhahahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
If e no Benson idahosa e no go fit stop them like idahosa stopped the conference of witches in Benin in 1985
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Siralgebra04:

See them, the HYPOCRITES. So you guys can condemn this action but if MURIC forsee problem like this and react prior to the problem, some idiots will say the man has problem.
Stop tagging me with derogatory word please.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

At Ikorodu there is Oro festival every year with restrictions. Ikorodu is busier than this part of Benin where the restriction was in place.
Intolerance is someone bringing a foreign culture he does not even understand and then begin to insult the culture he met there.

Go to Kano or Zamfara and try such nonsense.

Anyway go and imitate that tithe pastor in that area of Benin and get the same beating too. Buhahahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by asanwafo: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
NoSidonLook:
And who is the chief priest to make such declarations

What constitutional rights does he have to say everyone should stay indoors before 8am

When you are in a lawless society this is what you get
Imagine Chief Priest giving orders in a so called civilized society

Nawa

angry
Which society is civilized Britain or The U.S.? Read about the royal family in Britain. Respect ur tradition. This was there before the coming of the other religions

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
StrikeBack:
grin
"City of God rest ministry" yet you were beaten to stupor. The
u are saying the same thing the thief at the cross said to Jesus.Be careful

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
erico2k2:

Nop the Governament there is SHARIA, but in this part of the word, the chief priest is not teh government, spot the difference?
if it was the govt that said all regious bodies should not operate for one reason or the other by all means deal with anyone who fluant this ruling. If this case should go to court, I bet you any money the chief priest will deny sending any body to go harrass anybody.
There is such thing as religious tolerance, let me give you an example of a good one last week a group of orthodox jews just rebuilt an Islamic centre for Somalians in North London which was destroyed by fire during an arson attack last year.
PS regards, teh mosque and churches megaphones, I agree with you on this o ne, its noise polution. This was one of the reasons a pastor was arrested in woodgreen north london!

In Benin Western governance system co-exists with the pre-existing culture and the traditional system has swathes of power. Recognised in law too.
For example for the last 3 weeks of December, no burial and no funeral ceremonies. Flout it and not even Aso Rock can help you. You simply face the punishment.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
erico2k2:

In Benin Western governance system co-exists with the pre-existing culture and the traditional system has swathes of power. Recognised in law too.
For example for the last 3 weeks of December (or any length of time Oba's palace decides in December yearly), no burial and no funeral ceremonies. Flout it and not even Aso Rock can help you. You simply face the punishment.

Just know now if you did not know before.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

That doesn't make it right. Beating kwa.. Lol
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

That doesn't make it right. Beating kwa.. Lol

Well hold a plastic gun to rob and you get death sentence. Steal billions as a politician and get 6 months in jail or return part of the money in a plea deal and go free.

Not right to some people but that's the rule or law.

Oro has existed in Ikorodu for centuries. Who am to say it's not right? What right have to judge their ancient culture? shocked shocked
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

Intolerance is someone bringing a foreign culture he does not even understand and then begin to insult the culture he met there.

Go to Kano or Zamfara and try such nonsense.

Wow.. Your explanation of intolerance deserve a medal. Is the religion recognise?? yes or no
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by StrikeBack(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
franklinfresh7:
u are saying the same thing the thief at the cross said to Jesus.Be careful
Tell me something I don't know
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

Well hold a plastic gun to rob and you get death sentence. Steal billions as a politician and get 6 months in jail or return part of the money in a plea deal and go free.

Not right to some people but that's the rule or law.

Oro has existed in Ikorodu for centuries. Who am to say it's not right? What right have to judge their ancient culture? shocked shocked
No nah. They can practice oro for all I care fada. But all I'm saying is it shouldn't be at the detriment of others.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

Wow.. Your explanation of intolerance deserve a medal. Is the religion recognise?? yes or no
Of course traditional religion is recognised.

What deserves a medal of shame and intolerance is pastors not done with just fvcking other people's wives and little choir girls in churches also wanting to supplant pre-existing cultures with a foreign one they do not even understand. grin cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

No nah. They can practice oro for all I care fada. But all I'm saying is it shouldn't be at the detriment of others.
If anyone cannot obey or respect local culture (for even a limited period) then move to where culture does not exist. Good luck finding such.
There is a price for everything. Everything.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

For example for the last 3 weeks of December (or any length of time Oba's palace decides in December yearly), no burial and no funeral ceremonies. Flout it and not even Aso Rock can help you. You simply face the punishment.

Just know now if you did not know before.
I know that part of benin very well, but this has nothing to do with restriction or curfew. The laws of the land do not gaurantee where and when one can bury their dead. This is customary and can be adopted by your local govt. This burial raights law applies to EDO.I get that, however freedom of movement and religion plus association as guaranteed by federal laws and the only way to stop this is to enforce a curfew. The only powers that can enforce curfew in Nigeria are the Government. All the chief priest needed to do was to go to the chairman of the LGA and he can announce a curfew then that's fine.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Since no angel came out to defend him then he is a fake pastor.
So you mean since no angel came down to save Jesus Christ the begotten son of God according to christians from being crucified by the jews then he's fake & he's no son of God. Is that your point?
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

Of course traditional religion is recognised.

What deserves a medal of shame and intolerance is pastors not done with just fvcking other people's wives and little choir girls in churches also wanting to supplant pre-existing cultures with a foreign one they do not even understand. grin cheesy cheesy shocked
Both are well recognised so there should be some level of tolerance. Just tell me you are looking for an avenue to bash them. calm down. There will always be the bad ones which is not limited to a particular section and besides your assumptions might be false without concrete evidence to back it up.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

If anyone cannot obey or respect local culture (for even a limited period) then move to where culture does not exist. Good luck finding such.
There is a price for everything. Everything.
You must be a traditionalist. grin
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by foolbuster: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
monex:

the pastor has freedom of association. The chief priest has no right to stop people from moving after 8am or from worshipping after 8am.

Stop being trado-sentimental.

The only person who has disrespected the laws of the land is the chief priest and his rascally youth

The chief priest has no right to stop people from moving before or after any time no more than a local vigilante has the right to proclaim same but i bet you and the pastor would have respected the local vigilante's order had it come from them.

Your subconscious colonial mentality is in the way. You have to work on it to free yourself.

Please there is no such word as "trado-sentimental". One can not be sentimental towards his/her tradition simply because it is whom they are. It is like saying a word like "self-sentimental" can you be sentimental towards yourself? As a matter of fact it is you that is Anti trado-sentimental if there is such a word.

If you can go as far as inventing words very easily to deny or discredit your heritage without even realizing what you did then It says a lot about we as people and our state of mind.

Do you know that traditional rulers have no role in the constitution, i mean zero. But they are still recognised by the political class and society, why? I mean shouldn't it be illegal then.

Anyway I never mentioned anywhere that the traditionalists were right, ok?
The pastor was wrong to disrespect the culture of the land. All he had to do was be humble and respectful. No one was preventing him from worshipping.

The traditionalist on the otherhand were wrong for physically assaulting the man even though he deserves it.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Afamed: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
Harkyn92:
So you guys can condemn this action but if MURIC forsee problem and react prior to the problem, some idiots will say the man has problem.
May God bless your soul .It was just few days something similar like this happened to other religion faith( Muslims)
Until when we begin to respect one another and speak the elementary truth to ourselves.

@ the topic, what constitutional right does one traditional religion have from stopping church from practicing their faith at any time of the day and night?
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by mechanics(m): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
That's wrong of them, the youths involved should be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AreaFada2: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
Treasure17:

You must be a traditionalist. grin

I am not. But also not an overzealous Christian that has no respect for others.

I have lived a bigger part of my life in other people's countries. And I have always respected local culture and laws/rules.

I do not have to belong to a group to see a reason to respect them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers In Police Uniform Arrested In Front Of Folorusho Akerejola's House / Interpol Traces €500,000 COVID-19 Fraud To Nigeria / Eno Okon: Woman Missing During Church Service, Family Seeks Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.