Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order (31105 Views)

Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral / Tears As Man Chops Off Wife’s Hand For Disobeying Him [photos] / Master Busts His 10-Year-Old Apprentice’s Head For Disobeying Him. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Laid99087659737: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Facial crime
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by lekidating: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mad pastor, you didn't hear when Jesus, whom the Christian flock follows, said "give unto Ceasar his due"
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by GoldHorse(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
ednut1:
Cant he bind them grin

He forgot

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by lekidating: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
End service 8am on Sunday morning not even pm, the traditionalist went too far jor, that is totally absurd, the pastor in any way did nothing wrong, Kama will surely caught up with the chief priest generation and the generation of all those retard and jobless foolish youths.
I sorry for you all that follows white man religion, and abandon the ways of your forebears, that is why Nigeria is where it's at today, because most people are confused...they wholeheartedly believe the religious story of the white man that enslaved, then colonized them, and brought the religion to keep them at a state of zombism, and hate and reject their own ancient traditions...it's a pity.

Look at China, they have their own ancient ways, which they maintained, it disciplines, and keeps them grounded, and they are progressing, today the whole world is sucking up to China.

That pastor has Calculated his take home for the day,he needed to cash that in grin...greedy man.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by lekidating: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
zangaozanga:
Africans respect your culture,religion is a scam
Loud it bro... respect.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by mmsen: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
GavelSlam:

To the primitive mind that might be the case.

Only a primitive person would hear/read the nonsense in the Bible or the Quran and take it seriously.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by monex(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
foolbuster:

The chief priest has no right to stop people from moving before or after any time no more than a local vigilante has the right to proclaim same but i bet you and the pastor would have respected the local vigilante's order had it come from them.

Your subconscious colonial mentality is in the way. You have to work on it to free yourself.

Please there is no such word as "trado-sentimental". One can not be sentimental towards his/her tradition simply because it is whom they are. It is like saying a word like "self-sentimental" can you be sentimental towards yourself? As a matter of fact it is you that is Anti trado-sentimental if there is such a word.

If you can go as far as inventing words very easily to deny or discredit your heritage without even realizing what you did then It says a lot about we as people and our state of mind.

Do you know that traditional rulers have no role in the constitution, i mean zero. But they are still recognised by the political class and society, why? I mean shouldn't it be illegal then.

Anyway I never mentioned anywhere that the traditionalists were right, ok?
The pastor was wrong to disrespect the culture of the land. All he had to do was be humble and respectful. No one was preventing him from worshipping.

The traditionalist on the otherhand were wrong for physically assaulting the man even though he deserves it.

The traditionalist was wrong for infringing on peoples' right to free movement and not just the assault. The law of the land was not disrespected by the pastor. He was prevented from worshiping after 8am. He deserves no assault.

Same way we frown at pastors desecrating traditional shrines and heritage sites in the name of "liberation" is the same way we should frown at traditional practitioners infringing on people's right to movement and threatening with death.

You would do well to make no assumptions about my religion or the existence of a colonial mentality within me.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Truthbites: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
He didn't hear the phrase 'give unto Caeser?'...some of these Pastors like to play God...make them beat am small
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by akdjr(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
It always happen in my own village just to allow th observe their service by asking us to close all activities on time and we do with all respect to their religion. quote author=erico2k2 post=82739191]
when has Christians or Muslims asked traditional worshipers to stop any form of worship?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Treasure17(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
AreaFada2:

I am not. But also not an overzealous Christian that has no respect for others.

I have lived a bigger part of my life in other people's countries. And I have always respected local culture and laws/rules.

I do not have to belong to a group to see a reason to respect them.
Funny you. I have respect for other people's religion. I studied the three religion to some extent so i know what I'm saying. You should understand my argument and besides any ritual rites should be in the night and not during the day since it will affect movement. simple

2 Likes

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by foolbuster: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
monex:

The traditionalist was wrong for infringing on peoples' right to free movement and not just the assault. The law of the land was not disrespected by the pastor. He was prevented from worshiping after 8am. He deserves no assault.

Same way we frown at pastors desecrating traditional shrines and heritage sites in the name of "liberation" is the same way we should frown at traditional practitioners infringing on people's right to movement and threatening with death.

You would do well to make no assumptions about my religion or the existence of a colonial mentality within me.

That one broke no law by their actions does not equate to the action being right and without consequences. Dont get it twisted.
You can do wrong even without breaking law.

You have to respect the traditions of the land. Especially the ones that is openely recognised, practiced and respected by its people. It is wrong to do otherwise and there may be consequences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by erico2k2(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
akdjr:
It always happen in my own village just to allow th observe their service by asking us to close all activities on time and we do with all respect to their religion. quote author=erico2k2 post=82739191]
when has Christians or Muslims asked traditional worshipers to stop any form of worship?
I do not understand what you wrote up there please xplain, are you telling me churches as tradtionalist to stop what they are worshipping to allow then worship thier gods?
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by lereinter(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
GavelSlam:
All religions must be respected.

You cannot claim yours is superior to others therefore they must not operate.

Go to Saudi Arabia and tell them and see what will happen

Are there no Christians there

Christianity isn't by church service
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by lereinter(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Harkyn92:
So you guys can condemn this action but if MURIC forsee problem like this and react prior to the problem, some idiots will say the man has problem.

You mean satanic muric
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by GavelSlam: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
lereinter:

Go to Saudi Arabia and tell them and see what will happen

Are there no Christians there

Christianity isn't by church service

What are you saying?

Do you see me taking sides?

Is reading so difficult?
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by AngelicBeing: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Since no angel came out to defend him then he is a fake pastor.
Hian sad

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by tintingz(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

The way we Africans fight our own customs over Middle Eastern gods is so amusing grin

Sorry for the injuries. Next time una go hear instructions.
He has right to practice his Religion.

The government should arrest those taking away constitutional rights from the people.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by tintingz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
foolbuster:
Its feels good to know that sense is slowly returning back to the youths

This will be hard for you to grasp but God does not wish or do harm to anybody. So that hatefilled vile you vomitted from your selfish warped mentality can only come from a bitter soul. And until you begin to ask questions you will remain a fool until you pass away.

The pastor refused to respect the culture of the land but foolishly held the culture of a foreign people in higher regard. Funny enough its the Same foreign people that enslaved his fathers and raped his mothers for centuries. If that isn't buffoonery please tell me what is.
The irony is that even his adopted foreign beliefs tell him to respect the culture of whatever land he finds himself in. But he will practice the thing even more than the original owners. As if all the other churches in that area are stupid.

You want bad things to happen to them but good things will happen to the pastor if he disrespects their beliefs. Please dont be silly !!

This is not about the foreign religion, it's about the constitutional rights which says "you have right to practice your religion". Even if it's Hindu religion or fairy Religion you still have rights.

No religion is superior or has the constitutional rights to give order.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by tintingz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
saintaustine:
Just because we call ourselves Christians, does not mean we are above our custom and tradition.

Regard for our culture does not make us pagan.

The pastor wanted to try himself, just to prove that he is a true Christian.

He got what he deserve.
Traditional is not superior than the constitution.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by samorobo: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
You cannot blame them na, they wanted to fly and your prayers will affect them in air grin grin
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Boyooosa(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
just made the church popular
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by litaninja(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
A reader of African literature I believe?
StaffofOrayan:
Everybody fighting for their god that has refused to fight for himself/herself

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by sarkice(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
StrikeBack:
grin
"City of God rest ministry" yet you were beaten to stupor. The
Shut d hell up boy that my master church
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by nkemjacob2(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
This is not freedom of worship those guys need to be arrested. The church does not disturb dem from worshipping their own gods.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by StrikeBack(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
sarkice:

Shut d hell up boy that my master church
Hope you are at "rest" yourself. Sorry ehn you are not to be beaten
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by sarkice(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
lekidating:
Mad pastor, you didn't hear when Jesus, whom the Christian flock follows, said "give unto Ceasar his due"
U re mad, hw can u be talking to my pastor in dis kind of stupid manner
I don't blame u, I blame ur teacher CUs they didn't teacher u abt well
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by robinicule(m): 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
post=82739647:

If it looks like we give a damn, please tell us.
We don’t want to give off the wrong impression.

Your siggy is our response our dear!
alright
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
Was my earlier post a lie? If yes, attack it with relevant points. If not,keep shut .
Siralgebra04:

See them, the HYPOCRITES, u can quote law. So you guys can condemn this action but if MURIC forsee problem like this and react prior to the problem, some idiots will say the man has problem.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by leofab(f): 6:36am On Oct 02, 2019
Go and study Nigerian customary laws...
NoSidonLook:
And who is the chief priest to make such declarations

What constitutional rights does he have to say everyone should stay indoors before 8am

When you are in a lawless society this is what you get
Imagine Chief Priest giving orders in a so called civilized society

Nawa

angry
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by leofab(f): 6:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Hi Slave grin
ithink7:
Devil is fighting dirty for the soul of Nigeria.
Every believer must put on both spiritual and physical armour. Devil is a liar.

1 Like

Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by saintaustine(m): 6:57am On Oct 02, 2019
tintingz:
Traditional is not superior than the constitution.

Our constitution does not disregard our tradition.
Re: Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order by tintingz(m): 7:01am On Oct 02, 2019
saintaustine:

Our constitution does not disregard our tradition.

So where does the constitution give tradition to give state order?

Where does the constitution says one shouldn't practice his/her religion because of a traditional order?

Is this not a violation of freedom of religion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers In Police Uniform Arrested In Front Of Folorusho Akerejola's House / Interpol Traces €500,000 COVID-19 Fraud To Nigeria / Eno Okon: Woman Missing During Church Service, Family Seeks Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.