Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

"WE THE PEOPLE" (the True Democracy Of A Nation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "WE THE PEOPLE" (the True Democracy Of A Nation) (154 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / "Escobar And Osama Bin Laden To Rule A Nation" - David Ibiyomie (Video) / American Summit For Democracy Of 9th And 10th December Is Peace And Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"WE THE PEOPLE" (the True Democracy Of A Nation) by motiv8ted: 11:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
WE THE PEOPLE
(the true independence of a nation)
What a profound phrase, short but full of depth and insight. The preamble of the united states constitution, beginning with the words “we the people”, is a brief introductory statement of the constitution’s fundamental purposes and guiding principles. But, beyond being just the beginning of the American constitution. Let us look further to discover the message therein.
It is quite unfortunate and heartbreaking that we have all put on the “selfie syndrome” where all we think and work for is; Me, myself and I. every task is performed with the mindset, what’s in it for me. We are ignorant of the Fact that, that “selfie” world we live in is vulnerable, fearful and lonely.
These are trying times for us all, but the question is, what can we do to face the future without fear? What do we believe in as a nation?
The great rabbi lord Jonathan Sacks once said “the simplest way of safeguarding the future ‘you,’ is to strengthen the future ‘us’. The ‘us’ of RELATIONSHIP, the ‘us’ of IDENTITY and the ‘us’ of RESPONSIBILITY”. We need to understand the truth that, we are differently the same, that, we are Nigerians and the truth that, it all begins with me as a person. If you start from the north, I start from the south, another from the west and some from the east, and together we move towards a better Nigeria, we will definitely meet at a point.
Nigerians living in Nigeria, want to act like Britain’s, want to speak like Americans, want feed on Chinese cuisines and so on. But the irony of it all is that; while we are busy working at adopting foreign....
to cotinue, visit the link below

https://motiv8tedmindset..com/2019/09/we-people-true-independence-of-nation_30.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Your Worst Enemy / Awesome Revelational Passages For Today / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/10/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.