Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri (4715 Views)

Davido Uncle Adeleke Praise & Worship Dance In Church To Jubilate His Victory / Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market / Google Celebrates Nigeria At 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by TheSaxophonist: 5:27am On Oct 01, 2019
....but now we have acquired our rightful status, and I feel sure that history will show that the building of our nation proceeded at the wisest pace: it has been thorough, and Nigeria now stands well- built upon firm foundations."

~Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Independence Day speech (1960). Retrieved from BlackPast, B. (2009)

Whilst i feel the urge to say "happy independence day Nigeria", i cannot but express my downheartedness for my beloved country drowning in the depths of despair.

Indeed, it is the longing of every nation to glee on occasions such as this. Sadly, on this day, beneath the obligatory celebrations of government institutions and pseudo euphoria of the ruling elite; lies the rhapsodies of sorrow of the average Nigerian.

"A nation well built upon firm foundations". Is this how we reward the efforts of our founding fathers? Shall the labour of our heroes past be in vain?

The depravity of our leaders, fueled by the mindlessness of our youths. The persistent threats to our existence as a United nation. The heinous activities of bandits and insurgents, the yowls of secessionists.

The flagrant violation of the provisions of the constitution, by those who swore to preserve, protect and defend the same. Acute bigotry from those who pledged to do right to all manner of Nigerians, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will. The insouciance from those who promised to devote themselves to the well-being of Nigerians.

It is the 59th anniversary of our independence, and as of today the average period that a Nigerian is expected to live is 54 years.

Despite over 500 billion dollars in oil proceeds, roughly 50% of Nigerians still live in extreme poverty.

While 43% of Nigerians lack access to portable water, Nigerian senators are arguably the highest paid lawmakers in the world, taking home around 15 million naira ($41,000) monthly.

With 13.5 million Nigerian children out of school; despite UNESCO's 26% benchmark, the federal government barely allocates 7% of its annual budget to education.

While daring youths up North have picked up arms to make ends meet; down south, many youths seek succor in cyber crime.

In almost every facet of the Nigerian society, there is a corroboration of the miscarriage of governance.

So i ask, Nigeria at 59; to jubilate or to ruminate?

~Cephas Kadiri

Source:
https://privyjournos./2019/10/01/nigeria-at-59-to-jubilate-or-to-ruminate-cephas-kadiri/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Kingpee2(m): 5:28am On Oct 01, 2019
We should do both on 2 conditions

1. Being foolish at 59 is something to celebrate
2.And understanding what foolishness of a country is something to also ruminate about ...

Let’s just get revolution once and for all ,all this foolishness and stupidity will stop and end forever ...

I’ll write a book someday titled the story of a dead country ..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by horlarwereleh(m): 5:29am On Oct 01, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by bentwood85(m): 5:56am On Oct 01, 2019
BUHARI has destroyed Nigeria.. From change to next level. Nothing at all to show for his 5 years in office.

Therefore no difference between PDP and APC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Barondenigeria: 6:31am On Oct 01, 2019
To ruminate IMO, there's almost nothing to celebrate
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by NewsMuncher: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2019
Those statistics... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by TheMainone: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2019
TheSaxophonist:

The flagrant violation of the provisions of the constitution, by those who swore to preserve, protect and defend the same. Acute bigotry from those who pledged to do right to all manner of Nigerians, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will. The insouciance from those who promised to devote themselves to the well-being of Nigerians.

Only Buhari sef is responsible for many things here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by uthlaw: 6:45am On Oct 01, 2019
to pray I leave this shithole
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by uthlaw: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2019
bentwood85:
BUHARI has destroyed Nigeria.. From change to next level. Nothing at all to show for his 5 years in office.

don't say buhari destroyed Nigeria....obasanjo started it!
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by EBUBS(m): 6:51am On Oct 01, 2019
A country that is still in the grip of neo-colonialism cannot be master of it's own.... Independence was totally faulted... We only got trapped by Leaders, Institutions and a structure that keeps failing us... Wouldn't it be better if the British still colonized us till this date since things were better 59 years ago. I weep for my nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by 24kmagic: 7:25am On Oct 01, 2019
To discriminate and condemn.

Even God know say I for hate Nigeria and Nigerians had it been I no come from here.

South Africans go de learn work for where I de.

Bad country filled with bad people spreading hate and evil among themselves and other countries.

The only country whose yesterday is always better than it's today.
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Barondenigeria: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2019
uthlaw:
Nah all of them oo!!
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Dpharisee: 7:43am On Oct 01, 2019
Las Las Nigeria na scam. Happy independence grin
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Lamasta(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy Independence Nigeria, we go dey all right las las
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Gideoniteprime4: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Interesting
Nepa can not even bring light on such a historical day!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by lyriclekidd(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Okay
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Emu4life(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Having compared NIGERIA to younger Nations, there's no basis celebrating independence. Infact, the independence day should be declared National Mourning day
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by noble71(m): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2019
angry Truth be told! There is nothing to celebrate. @59 No LIGHT! na this one they make me cry for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Emu4life(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2019
24kmagic:
To discriminate and condemn.

Even God know say I for hate Nigeria and Nigerians had it been I no come from here.

South Africans go de learn work for where I de.

Bad country filled with bad people spreading hate and evil among themselves and other countries.

The only country whose yesterday is always better than it's today.

True talk. Unfortunately, there's no sign that it will get better any moment
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by earnadvert: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2019
naija
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2019
any
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by simhosting: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2019
rejoice
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by GEOANDSONS: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy Independence day Nigeria

In the spirit of Celebration, you can purchase this stylish and Affordable products

justdollars:
Hope its payment upon delivery?

Yes, if you purchase it through Jumia. via https://www.jumia.com(.)ng/geo-and-sons-enterprises/

Remove the bracket after pasting

No, for instance I make the trip to your location and you weren't available, who Reimburse my fare?

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Richdad50(m): 7:50am On Oct 01, 2019
shocked
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by herber(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2019
To ruminate and pray for Nigeria..let all channel the energy used for bbn to something of greater rewards..we all see the power of social media during xenophobia and everythingtacha(gosh)..We all can do it..
#prayforNigeria
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by nwamabo247(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2019
nothing to celebrate apart of been alive..PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature for details
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Nuclear99(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2019
bentwood85:

That suya guy will disagree...

1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by ayanleye12(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2019
A 59years person wey no fit walk on his own!.
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Chicastle: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2019
At 59 Nigeria can not boast of having 24hr power supply to her citizens and industry. Electricity is the engine drive of industrialization. Without power supply, Nigeria is nothing. This is my independence speech and wishes
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by gideonvalor98(m): 7:52am On Oct 01, 2019
We need to change the system of governance
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Uruan2023: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2019
I've not had Light for 2weeks now.
I'm sure 150 of you don't have it too.

What are we going to celebrate?

Maybe we should celebrate Insecurity, Poverty, Judicial Downgrading, Inadequate Electric Power Supply, Cyber Crime, Unemployment, Religious Hatred, Poor Education, Paralyzed/Corrupt Governance and Poor Roads.

We should stop Importing food and exporting jobs (money).

cry angry cry
Re: Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri by Chicastle: 7:56am On Oct 01, 2019
uthlaw:
You lied, IBB introduced corruption in Nigeria. I always say it. Nigeria would be difficult to grow if north keeps ruling

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Is Churning Out Disinformation. Fact Check / Tinubu Appoints 25-year-old Kashim Imam As FERMA Board Chairman / Nigerian Values

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.