Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,360 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) (5648 Views)

Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos) / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / 4 Nigerians To Play For Sudan In African Cup Of Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by slary(m): 11:24pm On Jan 19, 2006
As The 25th Edition Of A.C.N. Gets Under Way, What Are Your Expectations?

African Cup of Nations Egypt 2006, kicks off. Can the Super Eagles Deliver this time?

Expectations are high, that Super Eagles of Nigeria looks good for the trophy, they must have to brush aside some difficult oppositions. My question is can the Super Eagles win their third African Nations Cup Trophy?
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 2:27am On Jan 20, 2006
The super Eagles can win the nations cup given the calibre of players currently in camp, the qualifying stage will be tough but if they can try to qualify from the group with no major injuries then they will coast to victory.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by dblock(m): 4:37am On Jan 20, 2006
I'm betting on the new players to deliver Nigeria. They'll have to try hard to win
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by deyemi(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2006
Forget it. The best they can get is still the third place.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by luridguy(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2006
lets face it this year every team has an equal chance gone are the days of small teams ..........we have not prepared well no friendly match the team will play together against a true opposition for the first time during the nations cup proper its the same old story and if we fail to qualify they will start sacking coaches anyway we seem to always deliver when things dont go well we still have a good chance tongue does boys can deliver i only wish we could for once do things the right way
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by skima(m): 10:51am On Jan 20, 2006
Anything can happen! hope they do not fvckup.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by tunjikrown(m): 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2006
They wont Bleep up ! they are there for victory and they shall bring home the trophy.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by otokx(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2006
how many grade H friendlies did they play? did u guys see what south africa did to egypt?
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by prettyH(f): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2006
I can bet with anyone that the Super Eagles will make a fool of themselves.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by youngies(m): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2006
why do u say that
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by rasque(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2006
Give the Eagles a chance...I believe they can do it if there are no distractions......Determination is the word..
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by henchyk(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2006
Hey everybody Hush! Nigeria's bringing that cup home. I need a Gold cup, Am so big to be drinking with rubber cups. What do y a think?
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by prettyH(f): 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2006
rasque:

Give the Eagles a chance...I believe they can do it if there are no distractions.Determination is the word..

I pray so.

youngies:

why do u say that

Because they always find a way of messing up?
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by pearlrocks(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2006
They've definitely got players who are capable of winning the tournament but lack the technical competence. I wouldn't bet on nigeria winning.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by spikelord(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2006
Egypt ain't a strong team,observed from the opening match that I just finished watching now!
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bolaoni(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2006
We have been waiting for this day and it has finally arrived!

Egy 3 Sudan 0

What do you think of this match? Do you think with this win Egypt is a fave for the cup?

Let the analysis begin! wink

Bola
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by slary(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2006
Hey guys lets keep our fingers crossed. I strongly believe on these boys for Glory.

We should be patriotic at least. If the boys are focussed, and injury free i see them

winning the trophy.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Chxta(m): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2006
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by dblock(m): 4:46am On Jan 21, 2006
The super eagles can win anything, didn't you see the way we trashed Algreria in the world cup qualification The only thing is our players are too stubborn take for instance Yakubu, now. And how okocha was acting during the qualification.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by comechop(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2006
Does anyone know the lineup of the super eagles team? Like which guys are playing??
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by raldsfield(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2006
I believe that we have what it takes to win the trophy, The boys know what is at stake, and I know they will give their best.

Lets just watch anyway. cool
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by AngelaZ(f): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2006
Our boys are good and ready. I am in agreement with only those who believe the cup will be back, as for the rest ... lipsrsealed
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by badman(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2006
we have the boys no doubt ,but can they deliver is the question well we wud give the support but no smaller teams any more, when likes of angola togo and others in world cup and nigeria, cameroun staying at home just expect a tough nations cup
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Farriel(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2006
Yeah, I think we've got the boys no doubt, but their delivering is the sole source of worry for most Nigerians. Our group is undeniably a difficult one and a lot has got to be put in if we must progress to the next stages of the competition, before worrying about teams like Cameroon and Ivory Coast. Or even Tunisia and Egypt.

I can only hope we deal Ghana and Senegal severe blows, particularly Senegal and then move on with an equally grim determination to win the tournament, having failed to qualify for the World Cup.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bagoma(f): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2006
we've got the potential, no doubt but i guess we'll just have to wait and see them play on monday for us to properly assess them as a team.

i really wish and pray we win. its been so long since we lifted that trophy and i think its long over-due.

all the best, super eagles!!!
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2006
I will be very happy if we win the nations cup cos players like Aiyegbeni are already waiting to talk if we are eliminated before the final
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by dblock(m): 1:30am On Jan 22, 2006
That useless Yakubu isn't it the Gunners that trashed his precious boro 7-0, Make am stay for europe his team will loose. U think I no fit curse
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 7:09am On Jan 22, 2006
abeg oo, never start the curse ; sad
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by dblock(m): 8:00am On Jan 22, 2006
Sori I already did his team just lost to Wigan 3-2. Even though he scored his team we'll always loose,(Until he returns)
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2006
Na by force, abeg leave am let oyinbo people use and dump am
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by dblock(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2006
You are right cursing won't do anything wether he's team loses or not he still gets payed way more than I'll ever make in my whole life (God Forbid). The only way to teach him a lesson is for the eagles to do well in this nations cup to prove to him that we never needed him. Good luck Eagles
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by comechop(m): 3:33am On Jan 23, 2006
Squad:

Goalkeepers: 23-Dele Aiyegnuba (Enyimba), 12-Austin Ejide (Etoile Sahel, Tunisia), 1-Vincent Enyeama (Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv, Israel)

Defenders: 6-Joseph Enakarhire (Dinamo Moscow, Russia), 21-Obinna Nwaneri (Esperance, Tunisia), 5-Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), 3-Taye Taiwoo (Olympique Marseille, France), 2-Joseph Yobo (Everton, England)

Midfielders: 13-Yusuf Ayila (Dinamo Kyiv, Ukraine), 22-Sani Kaita (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), 11-Garba Lawal (Iraklis, Greece), 15-Paul Obiefule (Viborg, Denmark), 8-John Obi Mikel (Lyn Oslo, Norway), 18-Christian Obodo (Udinese, Italy), 10-Austin Okocha (Bolton Wanderers, England), 16-Wilson Oruma (Olympique Marseille, France)

Strikers: 17-Julius Aghahowa (Shakhtar Donetsk, Ukraine), 4-Nwankwo Kanu (West Bromwich Albion, England), 19-Stephen Makinwa (Palermo, Italy), Obafemi Martins (Inter Milan, Italy), 14-Obinna Nsofor (Chievo Verona, Italy), 20-Peter Odemwingie (Lille, France), 7-John Utaka (Stade Rennes, France).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? / Man Utd Player, Zaha Caught Sleeping With His Coach’s (david Moyes) Daughter / Manchester United Vs Chelsea Fc 1 - 1 Final score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.