Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? (5648 Views)

Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / When The Eagles Won The Final: How Did You Feel? / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by kingron: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2008
with the likes of tunisia in our group is there any hope 4 us qualifying for the world cup,though we re not sure if kenya pose a threat to stop us, but re we 100% sure of qualification
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lalaboi(m): 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2008
theres nothing like hundred percent sure!

they better work their socks off and qualify!

the nation cannot bear another hearbreak such as the last world cup!

it is a must qualify for them!

with all the starts they have Got. there should be No excuses!

and i they are starting to play world class friendlies too. its just what they need

Nigeria to play France, june 9th
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7793698.stm
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by chyk91(m): 12:54am On Dec 21, 2008
if they are serious yes.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by okunoba(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2008
waiting for someone to mention prayer instead of hard work as the recipe for success.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2008
Okay, The God's Favor, we shall qualify
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by ow11(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2008
Yes

If Amodu only invites players that are not warming the subs benches in their clubs.

Nigeria should beat Tunisia comfortably and struggle to beat Mozambique. The bottom line is that Nigeria with its current crop of players can beat all three teams!
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by ogbongzky(m): 12:54am On Dec 22, 2008
GBOJU, WE GO QUALIFY, wink
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by PiMpjUiCe1: 6:18am On Dec 22, 2008
if we do all we need to do, no team in africa can stop us. but then, are we not nigerians? do we know how to do the right thing unless we see uniformed men?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lordvader(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2008
We are qualifyng
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Daddyx(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2008
Once beaten, they say,twice shy. The Eagles by now must have learn the realities in modern football. No more minnows. Again, with the recent appointment of a seeming round peg in the sport's round hole,They'll qualify.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by angelina08(f): 8:13am On Dec 22, 2008
Yes, hundred percent sure!

Nigeria Eagles are will qualify, no shaking.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by ogazi007(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2008
Im optimistic,we will surly make it through to S.A
the players only need to show more sense of commitments to national assignment
and takes each game seriously, samson siasia should be added to the coaching crew,just my opinion anyway.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2008
I love as a citizen that they qualify.

But, the reality i see is that they can not.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2008
Daddy x:

Once beaten, they say,twice shy.
Ghana, our arch-rival, beat us 4-1 in London and 2-1 in Kumasi, our two goals being by penalty, and the latter defaet with ten men. As if that was not bad enough, our home boys lost the ticket to maiden edition of CHAN to them again.

Please how many times do we shy now? oh, six times grin
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lollyefisi: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2008
we will qualify
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2008
I'm just confident SE will qualify. Their main obstacle of course is Tunisia. Tunisia, like Nigeria, know how to qualify for WC. Tunisia was in the last three editions of WC. Recall, in 2006 Nigeria had the same points with the eventual qualifier, and even more goals,only lost due to one unfavourable rule. So Nigeria isn't that bad. But Tunisia is as good as Nigeria in WC qualifications.

But all the same, my mind is sticking for Naija.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lancevader(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2008
Hm
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by fender(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2008
sure we are qualifying, nothing can stop us.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2008
we must qualify. AMEN!
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lidbb2(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2008
The super eagles definately have the potential to qualify,but if recent history is anything to go by,i'd probably expect to be disappointed.
In 2002,our eagles inspite of all their talent were at a crucial stage FIVE points adrift of leaders liberia,and had to depend on a weaker Ghanian side to help them beat liberia in order for us to qualify.
You would think our boys will learn from that, but No!They repeated the same thing in 2006,and the talented eagles lost out in a qualification race in a group that our team B should easily qualify from.
Now that we are grouped against Tunisia,do you think tunisia will be shaking at the thought of meeting us?Or do you think Mozambique and Kenya are not inspired by Angola's acheivements and also want to qualify for the world cup?
For me,i will just sit down and be watching.I'm too young to develop hypertension.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by hollandis(f): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
9ja go beat them wella
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by bastrin(f): 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2008
angry angry angry
Daddy x:

Once beaten, they say,twice shy. The Eagles by now must have learn the realities in modern football. No more minnows. Again, with the recent appointment of a seeming round peg in the sport's round hole,They'll qualify.

It will soon turn to twice beaten , How many times shy will it be pls someone help me do d calculate.

we can qualify but will we?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by PurestBoy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2008
They cannot qualify, No be curse
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by princekevo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2008
PurestBoy:

Even though na curse we must break am this time.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by codeworks(m): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2008
who give a damn if they qualify. we have poor management. if u work hard get ,
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
Ghana, our arch-rival, beat us 4-1 in London and 2-1 in Kumasi, our two goals being by penalty, and the latter defaet with ten men. As if that was not bad enough, our home boys lost the ticket to maiden edition of CHAN to them again.

Please how many times do we shy now? oh, six times

JARUS, PLS DONT BREAK MY RIB.

LEAVE THIS PATRIOTS ALONE.

THAT WAS HOW OBJ WAS TALKING IN 2002 AS IF HE IS THE ONLY PATRIOTIC NIGERIA.

REVELATIONS AFTER HIS EXIT SHOWED WHO IS LYING.

LET THEM WAIT, BY AUGUST 2009, THEY WOULD HAVE STOPPED MAKING UNNECESSARY MOUTH.

LET ME GIVE YOU THE LATEST QUOTATION: "once beaten, eternally shy"
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Tcrack(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2008
I believe The Super Fowl shall rise again. The devil is a lair.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lancevader(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
Super chiken quote 4rm appiah
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by sherrylo: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2008
By force by fire we must qualify! the super Chikens must spread their wings this time and fly very high as Eagles does. Afterall dry bones shall rise again.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by kingron: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2008
PurestBoy:

purest boy what do u mean we can not qualify,on what basis is the assurance that we can not qualify.the world cup would be of no use if we dnt qualify.i dey pray say we go trample on tunisia to qualify.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by cooljoe(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2008
No doubt the quality is there, if the players remain committed and focused, Nigeria will qualify.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by deb(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
May God help Super Eagles. I honestly won't lose any sleep on them.
If they prepare well they will qualify if they don't prepare well
Tunisia will beat them silly.

Big man football will not work o. na committed and patriotic display
on the field of play will make the difference.

I wish them well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Utd Player, Zaha Caught Sleeping With His Coach’s (david Moyes) Daughter / Manchester United Vs Chelsea Fc 1 - 1 Final score / 95% Income | Free $100 To Stake | BBM Channel C00465A92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.