Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,558 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (80542 Views)

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 / Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Ekealterego: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

See all these cockroaches crawling out.. The local government area is Ika, the language there is Ika... But the same way an Oron man understands and speaks ibibio yet wont live to be called an ibibio man is the same way ika people speak igbo by their proximity to abia.. But all the town and villqges all have Ika names.
So you know better than the official government website? This guy, you are just thick and dumbbbbb..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ignorance is bad.

move around and have peace.

Who is ignorant here, the OP started the Igbo is a major language in Akwa ibom and a check of the states website reveals that it is just a part sharing very close boundary with abia that speak igbo, though the main language there is IKA the name of the Local government area..

Who is ignorant now ?
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

I have been to Eastern obolo... The people there speak, Ibibio efik and Obolo...

In Oron the people there speak Ibiobio and oron... But it does not make Ibibio indegenous to Oron..

Check out, there is no single community in ika that bears igbo name.. The languague there is Ika, but with the proximity to Abia, theyalso speak igbo... But no single ika man will tell u that he is igbo... I will plan an expedition to Ika community and record and interview and post here on nairaland

Am only happy, u have soft pedal your stance to agree.

You not wiser than those in government...who knows well right from time.

I remember I mentioned proximity in my first reply.

and if u know this moniker well, I hardly say something without proof, if not I would hv joined you to attack those equating igbo over your akwa kingdom but because I hv first hand fact I remain indifference.

Do your interview well.

cc
legendhero.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:
Igbo's can claim what is not theirs
My broda i dey tell you
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Who is ignorant here, the OP started the Igbo is a major language in Akwa ibom and a check of the states website reveals that it is just a part sharing very close boundary with abia that speak igbo, though the main language there is IKA the name of the Local government area..

Who is ignorant now ?

That was same way op said Igala is a major language in Enugu...The issue simply means there exist language if such but in minority...You should have known better.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
24. Lagos State
Lagos, sometimes referred to as Lagos State to distinguish it from Lagos Metropolitan Area, is a state in the southwestern geopolitical zone of Nigeria.

Language spoken: Yoruba and Egun
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nnamdi222: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Idoma and igala in Enugu? you are not serious
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
kunleham:

Eegun is a variant of Yoruba language just like Ijebu or Ijesha.

undecided undecided
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

This ignorance from you guys is becoming shameful that in this internet age, you can't even do a simple research.
Do you know better than Akwa Ibom state government? Do you? If you don't then go and sleep.. A simple visit to their website would have shown you that they themselves published that there are NATIVE IGBO Communities in the state.
Phew!!
Stop padding lies nothing is in your website and mind up that's not akwa ibom state government official website
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Psalm2423:

Who be this one?
The dominant language in Delta is Urhobo and it’s variants. Delta Igbos cannot even communicate with each other. I don’t know where people get the idea that an Ika man is from the same tribe as an Oshimili man. Just cause one person said it doesn’t mean it holds. Let’s point back to history so I can disprove the horrendous claim that Igbos and the Ikas are one. During the civil war, Agbor was used as a battlefield (actually just the path along the Lagos Asaba Road). Guess who the Hausas were killing there? Not the indigenes but Igbo natives. My question is this. How did they spot the difference if both languages are the same as people claim them to be? And please don’t answer with an insult as we are just here to debate on the reasons why over 1000 different set of persons can’t stay together (I don’t know what Lord Lugard was doing, them suppose dig up him grave tear am better slap).
Igbo has several dialects it doesn't make anyone less Igbo same applies to Yoruba. Anambra man will struggle to understand a typical Ebonyi Igbo, it doesnt make anyone more Igbo than the other.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Klinee:
I am IGALA boy also from Anambra , you get me right?

Respect yourself Nwokem.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

So you know better than the official government website? This guy, you are just thick and dumbbbbb..

Says who ? Dumb ass thats claiming that a language unknown to an entire state is a major language ?

Go to the site, you will see that the local government area is called Ika, and their main language is called Ika as well.. For business to flow, the get to speak Igbo as the do business with Abia people... But go there and there are no towns there bearing igbo names... So what do you understand as indegenous dumb ass ?

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Oga stop working on deceit,we have lots of Igbo's that have settled down in akwa ibom but there is no single indegenous Igbo village in akwa ibom
Advise:::::Stop listening or reading those poo Biafra radio says

I hv never even heard the sound of the radio but I say what I know first-hand.

You do same rather than typing here.

Spend your time and explore unless you don't hv Transport to do so..
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Says who ? Dumb ass thats claiming that a language unknown to an entire state is a major language ?

Go to the site, you will see that the local government area is called Ika, and their main language is called Ika as well.. For business to flow, the get to speak Igbo as the do business with Abia people... But go there and there are no towns there bearing igbo names... So what do you understand as indegenous dumb ass ?
Am telling you,its just too irritating reading comments from people that don't know much about akwa ibom claiming that their tribe is indigenous
I dey laugh the high voltage of ignorance
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Stop padding lies nothing is in your website and mind up that's not akwa ibom state government official website

This is the official site of akwa ibome state https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Am telling you,its just too irritating reading comments from people that don't know much about akwa ibom claiming that their tribe is indigenous
I dey laugh the high voltage of ignorance

Eyen eka mmi mkpo nditor uneghe ami akak owo oo
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I hv never even heard the sound of the radio but I say what I know first-hand.

You do same rather than typing here.

Pride,arrogance,greed, you just exhibited the trait Igbo's are known for
Mr know it all, keep fooling yourself and your fellow gullible one
My advice for you is try to listen don't base your judgement on poo you read on social medium
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

So there's no single Igbo person here that can point out to one community in Akwa ibom that speaks igbo, yet the Op included Igbo as a major language in akwa ibom state...

I give up.

They keep mentioning it, giving link and even showing you screenshot from the state government website and you're pretending you're not seeing it.

How many places have you been to Akwa-Ibom?

Earlier when the European came to West Africa, they refer to us as ''Iboe'' and refer to the Akwai-Ibom people as ''Qua Iboe'' because of the close similarities.
Akwa-Ibom got its' name from QUA IBOE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

You need to do more historic research about your state. I'll refer you to here on Nairaland titled "Some Ibibio Historically Igbo But Politically Akwa Ibom..facts And Fictions - Culture - Nairaland"

https://www.nairaland.com/2694075/some-ibibio-historically-igbo-politically

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

I have been to Eastern obolo... The people there speak, Ibibio efik and Obolo...

In Oron the people there speak Ibiobio and oron... But it does not make Ibibio indegenous to Oron..

Check out, there is no single community in ika that bears igbo name.. The languague there is Ika, but with the proximity to Abia, theyalso speak igbo... But no single ika man will tell u that he is igbo... I will plan an expedition to Ika community and record and interview and post here on nairaland

So Lastorator you don't even believe your own Akwa-Ibom government? Na wa for you o!

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Pride,arrogance,greed, you just exhibited the trait Igbo's are known for
Mr know it all, keep fooling yourself and your fellow gullible one
My advice for you is try to listen don't base your judgement on poo you read on social medium

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Seyilome(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Goodness001:

Igbo is diverse, Agbor man understands standard Igbo because he's Igbo, he would also struggle to understand some other igbo dialects like say, Nsukka, Ngwa, Mbaise etc.
I pick Agbor dialect but not 100%. I will struggle for sure but will pick some words and make meaning out of it.
It's not even argued because Ika is just one of the several Igbo dialects.
Why are you Igbos like to drag everyone to Ur side, I have lived in Agbor for many years,they don't see their selves as Igbos at all, even they don't understand Igbos and igbos don't understand them,even in Ika kingdom they use broken English to communicate because of differences in their language,Ika doesn't understand ugwashukwu, Ugwashukwu doesn't understand Asaba the lost goes like that, though Ika likes to bear Igbo names,but their language is not Igbo at all,though it has some Igbo words,Benin words and even Yoruba words.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Govt website.

https://www.aksgonline.com/about_people_ethnicity.html

Go back to school on a serious note.

cc to Benin republic man LegendHero :

Any tom dick and harry can create a website, infact i am going to create abiaonline.com and include ibibio in all the LGA.

This https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the official website of akwa ibom state, stop refering to all these bloger bloger sites

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ignorance is bad.

move around and have peace.

Says who ? Someone that is staying far iff in his state to decide the predominant language in anoda ? Please swerve... By the way... https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the ofgicial website of the state and not one okoro bloger bloger with a laptop site
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Why are you Ibibios stubborn like this? Simple argument that you have lost instead of you to accept defeat like a man, you are still fighting. I am ashamed for you.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

I'm beginning to think there might be something wrong with you somehow.. Or is it the shock of this fact which is new to you.

This is Akwa Ibom state official government website, read and cure yourself of your ignorance. I'm beginning to doubt the kind of education you acquired that you can't even carry out a simple research which is out there on Akwa Ibom state govt's website.

https://www.aksgonline.com/about_people_ethnicity.html

Guy the above is not the official akwa ibom state website.. The link below is.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng get your facts from the right source and not from okoro bloger bloger sites, the language in Ika local government area is calledIka
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Why are you Ibibios stubborn like this? Simple argument that you have lost instead of you to accept defeat like a man, you are still fighting. I am ashamed for you.
Lost? My advice is stop trying to create what doesn't exists or take what doesn't belong to you
Asap
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Egbi2020: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Biafrannuke:
I pity who will take your write up serious

you just listed igala as a major language in Anambra. you even wrote it before Igbo.

listed ikwerre as a separate language from Igbo in Rivers. listed ika and ukwuani which are essentially Igbo dialects as separate from " Delta Igbo" but failed to note that egun is spoken in lagos. Also untonkon is a town in Benue not a language , their language is Igbo. The problem is that Nigerians grope proudly in institutionalized ignorance
Point of correction, Untonkon in Benue state never speaks Igbo as their language .Untonkon is a name of a town and a language. My husband is an Untonkon man.please do your research well
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Any tom dick and harry can create a website, infact i am going to create abiaonline.com and include ibibio in all the LGA.

This https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the official website of akwa ibom state, stop refering to all these bloger bloger sites
You should know most towns and villages in state boundries usually overlap.thats why there are Igbos in Kogi and Igalas in Anambra, Ijaws in Ondo State. State creations did not follow perfect historic lines so stop forcing histories to fit into political divides. Once more go and read a researched perspective here.

https://www.nairaland.com/2694075/some-ibibio-historically-igbo-politically

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
PHIPEX:
So I should believe you more than your state govt? The site states they speak Igbo as their FIRST language, don't you know what that means?

Thats not the states website.. I can wake up and create abiaonline.com a domain name cost jus 4k.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng this is the official akwa ibom state website.. The language in Ika is called Ika...
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

When you realise there is an atom of truth in Every argument, then give peace a chance.

just carry on your interview as you stated earlier in fairness.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Lost? My advice is stop trying to create what doesn't exists or take what doesn't belong to you
Asap

Let me ask you a simple question: Why are you so angry about the FACT that Igbos are indigenous to Akwa-Ibom (and every SouthSouth state)?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video) / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.