Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,752 members, 7,862,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (80526 Views)

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 / Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Guy the above is not the official akwa ibom state website.. The link below is.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng get your facts from the right source and not from okoro bloger bloger sites, the language in Ika local government area is calledIka
The dude just exhibit what they are known for deceit
I was just laughing when I clicked the fraudulent link Ekealterego shared
Shame on Ekealterego

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Lastorator: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

So you know better than the official government website? This guy, you are just thick and dumbbbbb..

Dummy the link that was posted was from one okoro website... https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the link to the official akwa ibom website

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Egbi2020:

Point of correction, Untonkon in Benue state never speaks Igbo as their language .Untonkon is a name of a town and a language. My husband is an Untonkon man.please do your research well

R u sure? because I hear different. What is your husband's native name?
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by EdwardRandy(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

That's a pure lie from the pit of hell.

No such thing exist.
True bro. I've personally met a guy by name Emeka who is from Edo state and speaks igbo fluently. And at first when I saw him I concluded he's igbo due to his looks and of course thought he'd probably come from one of the five major igbo states, but I was shocked when he told me he's from edo state and even showed me his national ID. The Igbos in delta state and the igbanke community which is close to delta state were the Igbos who migrated from onitsha in anambra in search of greener pastures.

3 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Any tom dick and harry can create a website, infact i am going to create abiaonline.com and include ibibio in all the LGA.

This https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the official website of akwa ibom state, stop refering to all these bloger bloger sites

Don’t mind the guy, he said the website is the Akwa Ibom govt website, but on that website, Akpabio is still the image on it and one would wonder where Udom is for official Akwa Ibom website to still carry Akpabio image.

cc: osagyefo98

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You’re a liar we are not speak Igbo or bearing Igbo name.
impostor
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Dummy the link that was posted was from one okoro website... https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the link to the official akwa ibom website
Sosongo eyeneka, I dey laugh outsiders that claim to know more than insiders
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

Says who ? Someone that is staying far iff in his state to decide the predominant language in anoda ? Please swerve... By the way... https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng is the ofgicial website of the state and not one okoro bloger bloger with a laptop site

Is not lost on me that every administration will always like to do their own..So creation of multiple websites is not an argument.

It stands deflated...anyday your state passed law to have a non changing web, then you can counter my argument...

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
EdwardRandy:

True bro. I've personally met a guy by name Emeka who is from Edo state and speaks igbo fluently. And at first when I saw him I concluded he's igbo due to his looks and of course thought he'd probably come from one of the five major igbo states, but I was shocked when he told me he's from edo state and even showed me his national ID. The Igbos in delta state and the igbanke community which is close to delta state were the Igbos who migrated from onitsha in anambra in search of greener pastures.
Tell them

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Bobbybob: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ufedolove:

Enugu Ezike speaks Igala. I don't know about Idoma
That's a sinking lie from the pit of hell.
My village and Enugu Ezike both happen to be border communities. Infact idoma/igala traders trek into our villages on market days and vice versa.

However, WE SPEAK ONLY IGBO. wawa subdialect

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Sosongo eyeneka, I dey laugh outsiders that claim to know more than insiders

I am tired of arguing...I think eventually you will see that I am right and you are wrong. It might be today, tomorrow or even 10 years from now. But las las you will get sense. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by EdwardRandy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Language is not tribe.

There are no Igbos in cross river and Bayelsa.

If there are such, prove it or let them come and say so.
Did u just say language is not a tribe?? shocked please stop bn mischievous, it's obvious you're jealous or angry that the igbo language is far bigger than what your useless Nigerian govt has taught u to believe
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Don’t mind the guy, he said the website is the Akwa Ibom govt website, but on that website, Akpabio is still the image on it and one would wonder where Udom is for official Akwa Ibom website to still carry Akpabio image.

Mr Togolese, am not arguing for him to agree but each admin and her mindset always creates their website and abandon old ones.

So I actually don't know your basis of argument.

You should be grateful to Lord lugard.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Let me ask you a simple question: Why are you so angry about the FACT that Igbos are indigenous to Akwa-Ibom (and every SouthSouth state)?
Let me also ask you. These
1)Why are you and other Igbo's debunking the fact that igalas and idomas are indigenous tribes in Enugu,anambra and ebonyi state
2)Why do igbos like claiming what is not the truth or fact e.g ika,agbor,bayelsa,igbanke,abi,ikwere, etc
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
EdwardRandy:

I don't read trash at night.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Ekealterego: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

You are very thick, if only you have checked the owner, you would know that the website belonged to the Akwa Ibom state government before they adopted a more official NG platform and the last time this website was updated was 2013 but that does not make the contents invalid.
That's not a blog but an old Akwa Ibom state Government website!

5 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Oneday82: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
caprini1:
There are igbo speaking Kogites very close to Anambra,i was amazed when i went there.

Not only igbo speaking kogites... Na igbo speaking kanuri. My friend say what you know.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
YungMillionaire:

I am tired of arguing...I think eventually you will see that I am right and you are wrong. It might be today, tomorrow or even 10 years from now. But las las you will get sense. God bless you.
GOD BLESS YOU but kindly be contented with you landmass stop claiming what is not yours
I don't hate igbos
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by jk200: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Faybaby:
which part of Enugu speaks idoma and igala?.this is my first time of hearing it.

There is a town call Ette in igbo eze north LG of enugu state speaks both idoma nd igala. The town shares border with Kogi state.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

The dude just exhibit what they are known for deceit
I was just laughing when I clicked the fraudulent link Ekealterego shared
Shame on Ekealterego

Hey Mr, nobody gives a damn about what goes on in your state rather facts were stated.

You can jump from here to Guinea, it won't change anything.

Moreover nobody begs for your allegiance and I haven't read any claiming Akwaibom but rather all I see here is an argument that there exist such there.

O nurke..

2 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lastorator:

There are ZERO igbo tribe in Akwa Ibom and cross River, when i say Zero i mean zero, tag me to any thread you find please, mention me... Akwa Ibom has majorly Ibibio, annang and Oron... There is a side that is close to abia that has some semblance bilut there is no single tribe that speaks igbo in akwa-cross

Some parts of Ndoki is in Ika LGA of Akwaibom. So don't be too hasty with what you have little knowledge about. Some part of Itu Mbuzo is in Abia State speaking a dialect of Ibibio.

3 Likes

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

You are very thick, if only you have checked the owner, you would know that the website belonged to the Akwa Ibom state government before they adopted a more official NG platform and the last time this website was updated was 2013 but that does not make the contents invalid.
That's not a blog but an old Akwa Ibom state Government website!
Oga the website cannot be a government own you know it
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Ekealterego: 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

cc: osagyefo98
The website is an the old one, thus the last update was in 2013. The one on the gov.ng platform is the recently more official one obviously adopted by the new governor.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Mr Togolese, am not arguing for him to agree but each admin and her mindset always creates their website and abandon old ones.

So I actually don't know your basis of argument.

You should be grateful to Lord lugard.

You speak like youre ignorant about how government works or maybe you’re purposely trying to mislead people.

How will you say successive governments create a new websites? Even if they are gonna create a new website, a serious government website should have SSL enabled.

The website link you posted looks like what a novice web designer will create in a jiffy. Just like a blog website.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

The website is an the old one, thus the last update was in 2013. The one on the gov.ng platform is the recently more official one obviously adopted by the new governor.

Just leave them and their Ignorance.

Moreover I have explained to them the Nigeria and her political mentality in creating websites.
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ekealterego:

How will you say a government website has an extension .com ?

You’ve corrected yourself and that should show you that you’re wrong in your assertions. The website should be .gov.ng and you can clearly see that the real Akwa Ibom website has that extension.

The earlier one is just a website created by someone but is not necessarily the official government website like the first guy claimed.

Attached are some state Government websites.

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Hey Mr, nobody gives a damn about what goes on in your state rather facts were stated.

You can jump from here to Guinea, it won't change anything.

Moreover nobody begs for your allegiance and I haven't read any claiming Akwaibom but rather all I see here is an argument that there exist such there.

O nurke..
Its irritating when some folks just pad some lies,people needs to be enlightened
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Egbi2020: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Faybaby:
which part of Enugu speaks idoma and igala?.this is my first time of hearing it.

udenu local govt in Enugu state.Ete people
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by EdwardRandy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
lomprico:

where is the lie?
No mind the mumu. He's simply jealous that igbo is much bigger than what the Nigerian govt made him to believe.

1 Like

Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

How will you say a government website has an extension .com ?

You’ve corrected yourself and that should show you that you’re wrong in your assertions. The website should be .gov.ng and you can clearly see that the real Akwa Ibom website has that extension.

The earlier one is just a website created by someone but is not necessarily the official government website like the first guy claimed.

Attached are some state Government websites.
The website was just one of the proof. If you research you will realise there are more basis for the claim beyond the website. Let me refer you to one more where the indigenes are telling everone that cares to listen that they are Igbos

Torn Apart by Decree: Some Akwa Ibomites claim igbo identity
05/01/2001otasco otanda

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/KM67pNMl7G0
Re: Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
otuekong1:

Its irritating when some folks just pad some lies,people needs to be enlightened

Then get a proper facts to counter argument instead of making unnecessary statement as if anybody is responsible for people down time or should I say turn..

You do extensive research, you can as well visit those places then come back and tell this is how is it.

You can do better than that.

That's the highest enlightenment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video) / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.