Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump (25743 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Celebrates Nigeria's Independence With Sultry Photos / Omoni Oboli Celebrates Nigeria's 58th Independence With Beautiful Photo / Yemi Alade Celebrates Nigeria's 57th Independence With Beautiful Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by AlexReports(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Uloko Energy and Amb. Rachel Bakam's disparate depiction of Nigeria at 59

Amb. Rachel Bakam aka Rachel the PIPER is a renowned patriot. Always promoting Nigeria everywhere she visits around the World as a globetrotter. She is also a great advocate for peace using her media platforms to promote peace relentlessly. She encourages Nigerians and foreigners always to behold the beauty and potential in Nigeria. It is also popularly known that Rachel has a kind heart towards humanity. That is why when actor and model Uloko Energy approached her with an unusual yet intriguing concept of projecting the real situation in Nigeria, her heart for the plight of the masses made her via a u-turn from the applauds and embraced the concept. A concept which depicts the plight of Nigeria. Of the rot that has eaten it's way through the economy while those on the upper ladder bask in wealth and enjoyment. Uloko's concept is a true depiction of the present state of Nigeria. See what poem Amb. Rachel wrote along with the pictures and posted on her social media pages:

Arise o Compatriots, Nigeria's call obey

Oh our Nigeria; Rich yet poor

Oh our Nigeria; Wealthy yet impoverished

Oh our Nigeria; While some sit on their high horses lavishly, others drown in despair and hopelessness

Oh our Nigeria; While the rich get richer, the poor get poorer

Oh our Nigeria; When shall we wake up from this nightmarish slumber

When shall we stop wining and dining on the rot until all is fair for all?

When? I say When?

When will we end this charade of dancing on the pain of others

When will Nigeria be the true Nigeria?
A Motherland not a curse

When? I repeat when?

We need to smell the deep rot of lives languishing and dying. We need to realise that it is only a matter of time before our seeming beautiful boats sink

Just a matter of time

Oh that Nigeria be fair for all

Oh though I weep in my deepest core, here's wishing Our Motherland a happy Independence Day. May we rise above the rot. May we collectively cleanse our land. So help us God Amen

Poetic piece by: @rachelbakam
Concept: @ulokoenergy
Photo credits: @kachiphotography Kachi Photos, Nelson Photos, Diamante studios, @inimeg

Models: @Rachelbakam and @ulokoenergy

Makeup: @bayzbeauty

What an apt depiction this is. Nigeria must come out of this rot. This Nation must rise and take its rightful place in the World. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Well done Uloko for this fantastic concept and well done Amb. Rachel for this ingenious poem

10 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2019
Everything explained In pictures.

"How do you survive in Nigeria?
Drink better alcohol. Use one towtow step down.
You go dey alright"

Genius

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by AlexReports(m): 6:46am On Oct 02, 2019
More

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by AlexReports(m): 6:47am On Oct 02, 2019
Continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by donbachi(m): 6:49am On Oct 02, 2019
brutality+fatality....dis girl just explained naija in a pic

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Psimagestudio: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Are dey ok
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Wantedmiller: 6:54am On Oct 02, 2019
Fantastically beautiful.......

Added with your package with St Remy!

Passing information and making money........ You try!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by NOC1(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2019
Psimagestudio:
Are dey ok

They are more than okay, this is the present day Nigeria where the elites (political leaders) wine and dine in the midst of rot.
Where they see it’s citizen in pain and abandoned them.
In one of the pictures they should have been tip-toeing to make there way to the refuse dump site.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Abfinest007(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2019
anything for the camera
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Flexherbal(m): 7:26am On Oct 02, 2019
This photo is filled with so many messages.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Acjohn(m): 7:45am On Oct 02, 2019
This is no refuse dump but used Items collection department in Nigeria. In an Original refuse dump aka bola they can't stay there without covering their nose talk more of drinking wine because of the smell from feaces

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Sirpaul(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2019
Good relationships don't just happen. They take time, patience, and two people who truly want to be together.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Gideoniteprime4: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2019
why
just tell me why

1 Like

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Harrynight(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2019
grin
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2019
What an apt depiction this is. Nigeria must come out of this rot. This Nation must rise and take its rightful place in the World. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Well done Uloko for this fantastic concept and well done Amb. Rachel for this ingenious poem.
Creativity @ its peak!
What a Beautiful and apt Description!
Thumbs up Rachael!!

Nigeria will be great again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by NotFarFrom: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2019
Suffering and smiling as stated by Prophet Fela Ohireme Anikulapo Kuti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2019
She encourages Nigerians and foreigners always to behold the beauty and potential in Nigeria
Pessimistic souls , AKA Children of hate, perdition and frustration listen to this good advice or die of hatred soon.
Your call!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Sultty(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2019
I love it. It passes a message like- naija is a shithole but packaging is our way of life

2 Likes

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by bluebay(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2019
This is a scrap yard...
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by slawomir: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Vikynas: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Foreign madness
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Gazzy88(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Easykel9108:
You deserve a lifetime ban
CC seun
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by naijadrivablog: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2019
So, is she saying that Nigeria is for pigs Like animals A zoo

I hope Alexreports isnt planning to give you an award soon

1 Share

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2019
It may depict our current situation but next time, try going or using the dreaded Sambisa Forest where the Boko boys thrives......atleast that depicts the state where are in Nigeria- terrorism, insurgency, kidnapping, banditry, etc
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by Adaibeku(f): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2019
My dear rachael don't waste ur energy

The country is breaking up bit by bit ,
...now dey want igbo president and I sing "Oh my home oh my home !

Biafran on my mind
.say no to igbo president( Igbo fulani puppet)
Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by fintol: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2019
Why not go to Aba ngwa road and take those pictures.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rachel Bakam Marks Independence With A Date At Refuse Dump by munanonye16: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2019
I weep for my motherland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson And Ik Ogbonna On Set For A New Movie (photos & Video) / Leo Dasilva: "No Sex, I'm Protecting Myself For Marriage" / Picture Of Timaya In His Secondary School Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.