Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her (30385 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Onyi90(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2019
U are immature firstly for allowing ur mum to manipulate ur emotions
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Aleora(f): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2019
dayveed1:
She's a witch
haba that's too harsh.....how will you feel if someone called your mum a witch...not cool at all..
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Emmanuelcann: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2019
If you are a Christian just take the problem to God.
He is able!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Aleora(f): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2019
sassysure:
The "I love my mum more than life crew" grin
This is one of the consequences of trying to play the role of a "husband" to your mum excluding the sex part.

Mothers like this lack one thing. Love from their husbands.
Your dad must have resigned to his fate with her and who knows( might have been pushed to collect outside severally), she ain't getting the love she desires from her husband so she shifted such to her children. U can never be your dad. Ur love for her is a child's love to his mum and nothing else.

When u dig the root, the tree will shake. Digging the root means telling your mum boldly to stop seeing you the way she sees your dad. Ur mum will be very shocked to hear this from you and it will change a whole lot in your relationship with her.
Most of u guys don't know the damage u do by being to clingy to your parents.
She will continue till forever if u don't stop her. Even grandchildren coming will worsen it. Then she will have good excuse to visit your house or will u stop her from coming to see her grandkids?

And ur sweet woman can change over night if such continues.
There are 3 characters to every lady.
The character she displays when she want to win you for marriage, the one u see when she started answering Mrs and her real character after giving birth especially son to those who value sons more than daughters.
Let's hope she dont change.
And yes, some daughters in law can stop a controlling mum from interfering in her marriage if she feel her husband is a wussie.

So if u are the cool type naturally, u need a mad lady( literally)to put your mum in her place else your house will continue to be her football field.
Nice.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by cacao(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2019
Man let me be sincere with you
1. You are not qualify to marry if you are not yet free from your mother's breast.
2. You are not yet mature to marry when you are still under the control of your mother's
3. I put it to you that your dad never had happy marriage, because no man is happy to be under the control of his wife your mother.
4. An unsubmissive wife is a torn in the flesh of every husband.
5. You are not also being sincere in your choice of wife, you appeared as a gold digger.
6. Your mother's no how she is surprising and oppressing your father, so she doesn't want you her son to pass through what your father passes through under her hands.
7. Your mother is afraid of her old age sickness, that is why she want you to marry a medical doctor.
#tobefrank#

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by NuclearReactor: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2019
pocohantas:
shocked E remain make you type reference and appreciation, it'll become a fullblown final year project.

Maybe it is this your grammar that is making her refuse. She is probably not understanding you and your choices.
grincheesygrincheesygrin
Nigerians always find a way to make you laugh even with the most serious issues....

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Horlufemi(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2019
You are not a man.

My mum didn't like many of my girlfriends then but she dare not say it.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Offpoint: 10:29am On Oct 03, 2019
midnighter:

Lol never grin
Come on! babe you've not seen my comments before naw... maybe you just saw one whom I typed under the influence of malariagrin
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Vimezprojects(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2019
your case is normal because it happens,
The truth is your mother has grown to be so fond of you that she's almost loosing it.
She's gradually crossing the line of which if special care isn't taken fast.. you'll regret it as a man.
She feels threatened that you may not be there for her as you use to as soon as you get married,that's why she hates the women you bring.she uses the one she recommends to buy time.
At the moment she doesn't know what she is doing..so my advice to you if you want to get married is
(1) Be a man. What I mean by that is..you need to stand on your ground on what you want. Sit her down talk sense into her...don't be surprised she's not gonna listen but talk anyways.
She will cry, be angry at the end of the day she will forgive you later. But you have to stand on your ground.
(2) even after your wedding.expect her because she will Wana come to your home to spend some time and cause another havock. Be prepared when that time comes..to let her know she won't be staying like when you were a bachelor. All these you do will gradually bring her senses back to go focus on her husband.
(3) buy her gift after you have let them know your final decision.
(4) call a meeting with your nuclear family.make sure your sisters are there to support you

Good luck man

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by udemzyudex(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2019
You see in this life ehn ,if you give someone the opportunity to always make decisions for you ,you will always be in their trap.

Right now ,I only take advise from my mum or dad,the decision is left for me to make.
If you see reason with what she's telling you , fine but if you think she's over reacting ,tell her and make your own decision.

After all whether good or bad ,you will be the only one to take the fall.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by RexTramadol1: 10:37am On Oct 03, 2019
THUNDER4real:
Is this a real story? or fiction to entertain us,?

It's like fiction o
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by 9ja083: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Go ahead and marry her. I was once in your shoes. Mine was both families were against it like your mom did. So we waited for extra 4yrs yet no approval. But her parents have started disturbing to settle down as younger ones were already married. My parents have no option than to let me marry my choice.
Lol. My mom used to tell her friends that my wife was her house help. So she and everyone in the house treated her so badly that i have to separate her from the family. That didn't stop her from loving them as her own.
Her family on the other hand hardly value and respect me as a man. But i dont care.
At last, everyone got so tired of us. So they have to accept us the way we are. We are 7 yrs old in marriage and still counting!
So i know how you feel. Just bear it in mind that everyone might treat her bad. Don't make her live with your family and that wont stop u from doing your duty as a son.
Thank God you said she understands and she has a matured sense of reasoning.
By the time she sees her grandchildren from her, she will forget all.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2019
In the next fifty years. You mum might begone and you will be left with any decision you make today.. Be guided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by dayveed1(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2019
Aleora:
haba that's too harsh.....how will you feel if someone called your mum a witch...not cool at all..
any mother that act like that is a potential witch..
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by IamPlato(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2019
johndan103:

Sorry if the grammer offends you. I only want people reading to understand instaed of mumbling words that might confuse the reader.
forget about all those, "she trained me and i never lacked" bullshiit. all that is to keep you in check.

you may not believe me, your mom does not love you.

her blessing to your marriage doesnt mean a thing thats all religious illusion. go and marry who you love and the one your heart has chosen.

if you marry because of your mom you will suffer
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by bluefilm: 11:19am On Oct 03, 2019
Guy, I wanted to call you a goat, an idiot, a zuwo, a coward, a mama's boy and all that...

But on a second thought, I decided to look at it from a different angle.

This is the issue: Your mom doesn't want to be REPLACED in your life.

She is so insecure about that.

You have to give her that assurance.

You have to make a lot of promises to her that you MUST keep.

That is what will solve the problem.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by EtihadAirways(f): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2019
Mail me your number, your mum number and the girl number, I will personally convince every party
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Ajaerof: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Plz dnt mind my grammar, I really need assistance from uu guys, dis is contrary to the above topic, plz my marriage is 5yrs nw, he is a nice man in all angle but I noticed he is gay, always friends wit small boys I even hav to pursue one 2yrs again, he nearly pushed me out of d mans live, my husband dnt behave as if he is living wit a woman.... he has never bn moved sexually on me, am d one pushing our sex life and I think am getting tired nw, think after d two kids we have that he will change, to leave d marriage is wht is on my mind nw
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2019
breadplanets:
I only have advise for Hauwa......
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

grin. Bad girl cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Ajaerof: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Ajaerof:
Plz dnt mind my grammar, I really need assistance from uu guys, dis is contrary to the above topic, plz my marriage is 5yrs nw, he is a nice man in all angle but I noticed he is gay, always friends wit small boys I even hav to pursue one 2yrs again, he nearly pushed me out of d mans live, my husband dnt behave as if he is living wit a woman.... he has never bn moved sexually on me, am d one pushing our sex life and I think am getting tired nw, think after d two kids we have that he will change, to leave d marriage is wht is on my mind nw[quote author=Ajaerof post=82797626]Plz dnt mind my grammar, I really need assistance from uu guys, dis is contrary to the above topic, plz my marriage is 5yrs nw, he is a nice man in all angle but I noticed he is gay, always friends wit small boys I even hav to pursue one 2yrs again, he nearly pushed me out of d mans live, my husband dnt behave as if he is living wit a woman.... he has never bn moved sexually on me, am d one pushing our sex life and I think am getting tired nw, think after d two kids we have that he will change, to leave d marriage is wht is on my mind nw
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2019
midnighter:
Manipulation and emotional abuse. Your mother is very selfish, it doesn't matter if she trained you blah blah, that's what she was supposed to do. It doesn't give her license to ride roughshod over your life

If she decides not to bless your union it's her problem. Even orphans get married without any kind of blessing and nothing bad has happened to them till today

Better go ahead and marry the Hauwa and don't mind your self-centred mom. She will probably come around after a few months but you have to keep an eye on her so that she won't start playing stupid games with your wife when she visits

By the way there's nothing wrong with your writing style, I appreciate that you took time to format it and write in clear paragraphs that somebody will easily read and understand.
Most of the time people will just write a huge block of jumbled, garbled gobbledegook that takes about 3 rounds of squinting your eyes to get what the heck the person is ranting ut

I kinda have a strong feeling that the Op should marry the lady and start a slow detachment with his mom to become independent

I have a gut feeling that Hauwa would make a beautiful wife for the Op. Look how love is painted all over his comments. He's not just in love, the descriptive here is of a good woman who losing would be massive loss.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Op I personally feel if there are no complains besides these about Hauwa, you need to start preparing for a marriage with your MIL out of the picture. Its your life, your choice.

You stand a chance to benefit lifetime loyalty by turning down your mum for her. Your mum has lived her life if she wants to reject your Lady, then the reasons have got to be solid.

Till then, you're been mainuplated and controlled against your best interests
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by pocohantas(f): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2019
Acidosis:

In Nigeria, all mothers are good but all girls are bad. grin grin

Better tell your mom the truth and get hold of yourself.

No be una. Your mothers are always good, but the daughters they bore and trained are all gold-digging oloshos... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by VicM6: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
kukuma marry your mother na.....she wants a medical wife for u and keep on rejecting other girls and then threatening you with one stupid blessing of a thing and you are here shivering.
I pray she doesn't get you a wife that will be ur dooms day... Ask her when she wanted to get married to your dad, was she forced to marry him?.

Bro, you are 28 and not 18 anymore.. you should be able to make basic decision on ur own.. remember you are the one to cater for ur family and not ur mom.... if eventually u agreed to marry her puppet she wants u to, and hell break loose... mark my words, ur mom will then be telling u that if i ask u to put ur hands in fire so u would abi..............

those who have ears let them hear.......... Marry ur dream heart and let ur mom out of this..... marriage is more complicated than girlfriend and boyfriend stuff o.... Tor
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by HonNEAT: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
pocohantas:
shocked E remain make you type reference and appreciation, it'll become a fullblown final year project.

Maybe it is this your grammar that is making her refuse. She is probably not understanding you and your choices.
Hahahahahahaha, I Like Your Style Jare. He Is Not Ready To Marry. Na Mummy's Boy. He Can't Stand For What He Wants. That Means He Can't Run The Family Without The Mother drawing A Time Table For Him To Kiss His Wife. You Don't Want Go ahead And You Don't Want To Hauwa go, then Let Your mom No You're Angry Naa. Don't Visit, Call Or Pick Her Calls. Then If You're Important To Her She Will Beg.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
johndan103:

Thanks for your advise.

I will be more firm and stand up to my mom protecting my fiancee and future wife. I have tried to be respectful to my mom but she is interpreted as weakness. I wont allow anyone put my Fiancee down phycologically cos she is a nice person and deserves to be treated right.

Please dont ask Hauwa to reconsider, dont scare my baby. I will intensify efforts with different strategies to get my mom to order. Shes making our lovely family appear disfunctional, and it saddens me.

While at it. Have a private chat with your dad. Telling him you don't see a better person. And even if you did, you've resolved to be with Hauwa. Talk to your siblings to get emotional support.

Be ready for the long term, cause these may stretch beyond eight miles wink
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
bukatyne:

@John,

Your MIL is a drama queen: don't feed it. Once she doesn't encroach on your personal space, ignore it. No time for 'she did not greet me back, she eyed me, she served me with left hand, she called me Hauwatu etc etc.

Goodluck to you all.

I like this. So funny.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
LewsTherin:
If this is true, I have to ask. Where is your dad?

If this is true, then
Your mum is a manipulative selfish woman
You are a weak-assed punk

If you go ahead to marry this girl against your mother's wish, I give it a maximum of 6 months before you cave in to your mother's blackmail and make the poor girl's life a living hell.

Are you man enough?

Apt cheesy
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
johndan103:

My dad is alive and kicking. She has always had her way with all decisions. He allows her decide.

She's also hunting for you like as she is to your dad, a lady who controls you, who would ultimately be under her control. Search for Ubunja check his threads, your mum is manipulative, controlling and abusive. Snap out of it
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
johndan103:

This is my life, so it's true.

My dad believes her judgement and basically supports her decisions.

I'm not weak. No one wants to keep fighting against someone who can rally the whole family against you and make you isolated. You want to be on her good side but I don't care anymore about her opinion on this matter.

Also note that she has made some right judgments in the past.

When I marry Hauwa we will stay far from her and keep our distance to avoid interference. When I'm married there's no room for external manipulation that's why she's fighting it now.

I am man enough because I have made firm choices that keep making life better for me. Hauwa who by all standards will be considered a very wealthy young lady can see how much of a man I am such that she is even Willing to pitch her tent as a life partner.

If you can't deal with isolation, thus can't work. How this would affect your family's development also means a lot as your sisters would be turned against you.

To marry this kinds, you need to relocate far from your family where they'll have to consider before visiting

You need to start learning the ropes on how to manipulate your sisters to your side. How to play other family members slowly, patiently and gradually.
Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by holusormi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
Lmao, my advise since you really love her - take hauwa off the pills , your Mum will come around eventually when her grandchild is on the way - at least that’s what my elder brother did , - she also tried to influence my choice but I travelled out of Nigeria ASAP and when am coming , I’ll bring along a heavily pregnant girl for her viewing pleasure grin cheesy - am already smiling at my savagery

1 Like

Re: My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her by healthserve(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
Chi59:
[/b]

Personally, I won't advise any lady to go ahead to marry a man whose mom does not approve of their union EXCEPT you can guarantee that you'd protect your wife from the wrath of mama. No mother likes being disobeyed especially because of another woman.
Cos mothers will always find a way to influence their son, and you can't alienate a son from his mom. Some mothers never forgive, even after the giving birth to male and female children for her son.
Hauwa, can you cope? Think twice.

Many ladies get killed by their MILs. You forgot adding this. I advise against marrying as a lady to any man who's mother rejected you. Some come around, some never back down, some kill the ladies. You just hear she had typhoid and died. Those who know, know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / These Resources Can Boost Your Marriage And Parenting Skills / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.