Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Is It Right For Police To Make Public Show Of Suspect? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Right For Police To Make Public Show Of Suspect? (203 Views)

Nwoko Secures Release Of Suspect Who Can Manufacture Drones, Modify AK-47 / Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? / Crime Suspect Sings For Police During Interrogation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Police To Make Public Show Of Suspect? by Powersurge: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
I am not a lawyer. Notwithstanding, I am not illiterate in law matters. I mean if I could use my money to buy Criminal Code and EFFC Act, it shows that I have some level of interest in it. I have read the Nigeria constitution like twice.

That been said, I feel it is wrong for police to display suspects to the public when they have not been convicted. Some even go as far as giving them placards to write their names and all.

I will like people with knowledge in this field to comment on this.

I know the chance that this will go to front page is very slim. Since nobody is showing breast and no snake in the post.

(1) (Reply)

LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-challenged Persons As Sweepers Of Pedestrian Bridges / Nigerian Community In South Africa Loses Provincial Officer / --

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.