Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Please I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Your Advice (253 Views)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE on this FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice by efex01(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good evening to you all,
My name is Felix, I work with a restaurant in Lagos as their Admin/ finance Officer. Have just be fired by managing director. It all started on Sunday night when I received a call from my parent in Ibadan that I lost one of my sister in which I have to go to ibadan very early on Monday morning, in which I inform my HR officer and a mate in my office via WhatsApp message. In the afternoon, my staff started calling me that my MD said I have left with 1.5 million Naira. I was very surprised that he could have said that, when I came back yesterday morning, the HR said I should handover to another person from another branch. Is it a sin to leave work without informing your MD after informing HR? Is it a sin for me to have gone for emergency? One man business is always subjected to unfairness conclusion.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by chukwuibuipob: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
sad sad i sympathize wit u ova d untimely death of ur sister. May God give the family fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss..Next, time.u take proper permission from ue boss of not ur HR /via Whatsapp.Write him apology letter.,tell him dat such wont repeat itself
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by Powersurge: 1:30am On Oct 03, 2019
efex01:
Good evening to you all,
My name is Felix, I work with a restaurant in Lagos as their Admin/ finance Officer. Have just be fired by managing director. It all started on Sunday night when I received a call from my parent in Ibadan that I lost one of my sister in which I have to go to ibadan very early on Monday morning, in which I inform my HR officer and a mate in my office via WhatsApp message. In the afternoon, my staff started calling me that my MD said I have left with 1.5 million Naira. I was very surprised that he could have said that, when I came back yesterday morning, the HR said I should handover to another person from another branch. Is it a sin to leave work without informing your MD after informing HR? Is it a sin for me to have gone for emergency? One man business is always subjected to unfairness conclusion.

Nawao. This your story looks like shit. I can tell you that you are not saying the whole truth. E be like say na interview you go for. And you are asking if it's right to take proper permission before leaving work? who supposed to handle your duties?

Though personally I think the MD is silly by playing God. Just like most Nigerians abuse power. A warning or query letter would have sufficed (supposed that was your first time). Besides, I suppose there is more to this you are not saying. How will he say you stole 1.5m and did not arrest you ? Just replacement?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by IamNotWariz: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2019
You said you need advice. What advice exactly?
The issue is coming from your own side. No matter your position in a business setting always make a written notice of your absence. Also, your HR is to blame if you took an official permission indeed.
Losing someone can be both painful and confusing. Nonetheless, the dead is gone and can not be risen by your presence.
You can find someone close to the manager or visit him at home and beg him. If you know a joint where he drinks at, you can go and buy him some bottles there. He also human like you.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice by simonlee(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
you need proper flogging for absconding like that. were you rushing to go and resurrect the dead or what?
what you did is unprofessional and needed appropriate sanctions though the sack was too harsh. next time, follow due process undecided

(1) (Reply)

Assistant Quantity Surveyor Needed In A Real Estate Company In Lagos / Vacancy For An Accountant In Abuja / Drivers Needed At Ohan Corporate Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.