Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade (26767 Views)

Profile Of Lt Col Nurudeen Yusuf, Tinubu's ADC / General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters / 'Unstable, Irritable' Obasanjo Belongs In The Dustbin - Rtd General Akinrinade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Cherez: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
seunmsg:

You really need to read up on what transpired during the civil war instead of making uninformed comments. There was no looting or raping in the 3rd marine commandos sector of the war. In fact, they didn’t even take POW. They fed and provided medical care to all captured Igbo soldiers and gave them the opportunity to either join the federal forces or return home.

Why you guys always like to play the ethnic card every time is baffling. Is Alabi-Isama a Yoruba man? You may feel sad about the defeat of Biafra but that won’t change anything about the war. We fought a civil war and the soldiers that fought gallantly on the side of Nigeria deserves to be celebrated.
Are you actually reading your comments?
Bros, think with your head
One thing you will never understand is that the evil you allow today on others will eat up on you tomorrow.
Go and see videos of soldiers molesting IDP women just for few cups of rice and so on up North.
You saw a videos of the soldiers physically taking away people's properties yet you defend it.
Till now I dont see the need for a Biafran nation but your type makes me feel otherwise sometimes.
You are being wicked and heartless.
GEJ lost my support the moment he was being clueless about BH and being insensitive to the IDP camps.
Can your heart ever melt?
Tomorrow you say the Igbos hate, was the Igbos or foreigners seeing all these things with their 2 eyes and reporting it?
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by mansh(m): 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
When youth where giving job and ranked
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Correcto: 12:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
I hardly see northerners bragging about civil war but you guys like to praise yourself so much. The North won the civil war with help of middle belt and southwest. That is the reason the north dominate Nigeria till date.
RPirez:
Says who?

If they (Igbos) want war, we'll equally give it to them like OBJ and co. did back in 1966... cool

No be by mouth or chest-beating... action speaks volume. Na empty vessels dey make noise. angry
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
seunmsg:

[s]You really need to read up on what transpired during the civil war instead of making uninformed comments. There was no looting or raping in the 3rd marine commandos sector of the war. In fact, they didn’t even take POW. They fed and provided medical care to all captured Igbo soldiers and gave them the opportunity to either join the federal forces or return home.

Why you guys always like to play the ethnic card every time is baffling. Is Alabi-Isama a Yoruba man? You may feel sad about the defeat of Biafra but that won’t change anything about the war. We fought a civil war and the soldiers that fought gallantly on the side of Nigeria deserves to be celebrated[/s].

Go and read a civil war book my friend. What rubbish. Both commanders of 3rd Marine Commandos Adekunle and Obasanjo in their memoirs detailed incidences of looting, desertion, rape and other war crimes that came to their notice and how they dealt with such cases.

You think you can come online and blow smoke out of your arse ?
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Correcto: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
I would have celebrated our solders if Nigeria is not a mess. However, I sympathize with our soldiers for fighting for this mess called a country. I am sure many won't fight if they saw the future.
seunmsg:

You really need to read up on what transpired during the civil war instead of making uninformed comments. There was no looting or raping in the 3rd marine commandos sector of the war. In fact, they didn’t even take POW. They fed and provided medical care to all captured Igbo soldiers and gave them the opportunity to either join the federal forces or return home.

Why you guys always like to play the ethnic card every time is baffling. Is Alabi-Isama a Yoruba man? You may feel sad about the defeat of Biafra but that won’t change anything about the war. We fought a civil war and the soldiers that fought gallantly on the side of Nigeria deserves to be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by etimesin(m): 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
gidgiddy:

Kanu wants referendum. You dont know the difference between referendum and war?

But was busy some times ago on his so called radio biafra promising war. He should come home if he really meant what he was saying. No one will die for others like our brother Ojukwu started it and ran away.

My brother/sister if you do not know try and get sense hes a fraudster,a coward and a betrayer. Let him come home and lead us not to stay away and be fuming unnecessarily over there.

1 Like

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by vezycash(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
seguno2:
Did the Americans fight with the North Koreans recently?
The old soldier should get enlightenment and stop blabbing incoherent thoughts

There's difference between civil war and war. The former is internal. The latter is external i.e. btw one country and another.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by walozanga(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
seunmsg:

That is what I’m complaining about. It is not just him, most of the war heroes are largely uncelebrated today.

how many people celebrated independent day talk more of celebrating people that fought during the civil war.
WHAT HAS CHANGED AFTER THE WAR?
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by iSlayer: 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
Many did not even bother to go through the draft. He called out the murderous army superiors up to Yakubu himself severally.

He also called out the tribalistic warlords who in one way or the other contributed to having that civil war. People like Awolowo. The man was not happy with Awolowo.

He was tired of the ethnic jingoism and disorderliness especially within the military circles and decided to call it quits at 41!
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by odedinigbin(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Bleaching in old age?

YOU MUST BE BLIND
Seems you've not heard or seen Gen Akinrinade b4?
Ask your grandfather or uncles dat knows history to describe him
Untrained generation
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Mrexcell(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
RPirez:
Says who?

If they (Igbos) want war, we'll equally give it to them like OBJ and co. did back in 1966... cool

No be by mouth or chest-beating... action speaks volume. Na empty vessels dey make noise. angry

Empty boasts go and defeat bokoharam in the north east first before we can take you people serious.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by meccuno: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
unohbethel:
So why is he not celebrated as a war hero he truly is?
He is a Yoruba hero.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Mrexcell(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
seunmsg:

That is what I’m complaining about. It is not just him, most of the war heroes are largely uncelebrated today.

Yet u people are still boasting of going to war again to fight for a failed nation? Pathetic.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by meccuno: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
Every time Biafra is spoken of,the people from the SW are usually the most vocal. Taking mainly about how 3 million people were used for "Suya". Wonder why they are the most vocal. Like as if the Yorubas are the only ethnic group that fought the war. People that even played major part hardly talk about it. If it was just the SW soldiers Nigeria would have been long divided.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by gidgiddy: 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
etimesin:

But was busy some times ago on his so called radio biafra promising war. He should come home if he really meant what he was saying. No one will die for others like our brother Ojukwu started it and ran away.

My brother/sister if you do not know try and get sense hes a fraudster,a coward and a betrayer. Let him come home and lead us not to stay away and be fuming unnecessarily over there.

So your problem is that an unarmed man like Nnamdi Kanu is promising Nigeria war on his radio station? Anybody can do that. If I like, I can go to any social media platform from my phone and promise Nigeria war. What matters is if I am armed to carry out the promise. Only armed people fight wars.

Yes Ojukwu ran away, but he fought for the freedom of his people before running away. It is better to fight for your freedom and later run away than to submit to your enemies without a fight.

Nnamdi Kanu is an unarmed man agitating for the freedom of his people. Your Nigerian government is puffing its chest at unarmed Kanu and IPOB. But when it comes to puffing the same chest against armed groups like Boko haram, killer Heardsmen and Niger Delta militants who are all killing people daily, nothing will happen. But your problem is that Nnamdi 'talked'

I laugh in Japanese
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Gabson001(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Bleaching in old age?
they will never stop showing themselves
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Olaikpu10: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Brugo:
Nnamdi Kanu that was born yesterday doesn’t know anything.

And some Nairaland Igbos support his warmongering thinking it’s like football match. Bayern vs Tottenham. Watch them insult this old man.

You guys should go and watch videos of your ancestors suffering during the war so that you would have small sense. It is this lack of sense that made a nation follow a young and immature soldier into fighting a war they could never win.

Said soldier left them in the lurch when his gambit met a dead end.
[/s]
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Olaikpu10: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
cool

Havent we being having different Uncivil war since after Biafra war,

If we take account of what Boko Haram and external force like ISWAP fighting our internal Army had done .. the cost of artilery used , the damages caused and total lives of civilians and military lost ,. then its safe to say we fought and still fighting a full blown war in the northeast

With Flags being hosted on our territories and Prisonners of war being taking

[/s]
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by oluwazoba25: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
RPirez:
Says who?

look at this mumu
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Bleaching in old age?

God can you just kill this saint and take him away among his fellow fools
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by seguno2: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
vezycash:
There's difference between civil war and war. The former is internal. The latter is external i.e. btw one country and another.

Are the fundamentals different? How?
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by topstone4: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
obynzo:

Bros there was no rape ooooo. In fact Muritala's people killed igbo speaking people from Benin the climax was the Asaba Massacre

Lolz. There was rape, murder and robbery by the biafran army. I read about it from a neutral source. Instead of pushing forward towards ore, they wasted time raping and killing in Benin, as well as, arguing about who should be military governor of the Midwest State. They even robbed the Central Bank in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by vezycash(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
seguno2:

Are the fundamentals different? How?

Example: family members killing each other is like civil war. War is like one family joining hands to kill another family.
Example2: black americans in a war against white americans is civil war. US vs korea is normal war.
If you still feel they are the same after that explanation, good luck.
Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by richie240: 12:59am On Oct 04, 2019
Xclusiveme:
The UN government won't allow it.
The best option for Nigeria is for Europe to send 36 nuclear weapon for each state to eradicate all living creatures. Nigeria was a failed experiment and it should be shut down
ipob spotted! Very, very easy to spot.
irrationality at its peak.

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by richie240: 1:17am On Oct 04, 2019
SoNature:

It's a good thing that you mentioned just one battalion because Nigerian soldiers finished my people.

My mother and her sister were always hidding in the roof at the time. To some ladies who went to farm when the Nigerian soldiers attacked, their lives never remained the same. You see, they were not just raped...Nigerian soldiers took them away and they never returned home.

Yes, my mother's friends were adopted too. To date, nobody has heard from those little girls. What happened to them is glaringly obvious.

Any Igbo man who still holds deep-rooted hate for the Nigerian state, no doubt, this is understandable. Those soldiers dealt with our mothers. Unlike Rwanda, ever since the end of Nigeria's civil war, this country has rarely made any progress.

I see the hand of God in all of this
I concur: ds is surely d karmic hand of God.
Typical of ur ilks, u choose to (selectivrly) forget how ur forefathers decimated the officers and political leaders of the north, west and Midwest while sparing theirs. Those ones ur forefathers killed are animals ko? Those ones too have (even a greater) reason to
have deep rooted hate for u.

At least we agree on sth: this is d karmic hand of God!

Re: Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade by Lanre0: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
Whether you like or hate him, Baba Akinrunade has lived a life worthy of emulation. A pious, fearless & contented soldier with integrity. He fought the devil in human form, Sanni Abacha & refused to participate in dirty & fraudulent Nigeria politics . He has written his name in gold in Nigeria history & will continued to be remembered for his high level of integrity, self discipline & godliness. May ALLAH Almighty continue to stand by Baba Akinrinade & his household & may He grant him long life in sound health. Baba Akinrinade is a rare gem in this contraption called Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Launches Legacy TV Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Police Arrest ESN Commander Destroy Camps In Ebonyi (Photos) / Why Obasanjo Is Angry With President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.