Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade (410 Views)

Obasanjo is a danger to Democracy- Gen. Akinrinade / Why Buhari Should Have Treated Insurgency Like Civil War - Gen. Jemibewon / Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by soloenzo(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2019
Alani Akinrinade, former Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defense Staff, CDS, has revealed how he and another military officer ended the Biafra civil war that lasted for three years.

Akinrinade disclosed that a strategy he and a fellow General in the Army, Alabi Isama, retd, authored brought an end to the civil war.

Speaking with Vanguard, the former CDS pointed out that he and Isama took days preparing the strategy which they used in ending the war.

He said: “The tactics we finally used in ending the war was a document that Alabi Isama and I prepared. We spent days and nights preparing it because the last time we were with Adekunle, he showed that he was becoming distrustful of us. He was not happy with some of the things he thought we were doing.

“He felt that we no longer believed him. That was how he posted us out of his headquarters. Alabi Isama was in the 3rd Sector while I was in the 2nd Sector. That was another mistake he made. The two sectors were adjacent to each other. Alabi Isama was in Uyo, I was in Aba. Ayo Ariyo, who was our classmate but much older than us was in Calabar. He put someone else in the 1st Division.

“The person was our senior but we didn’t get along with him. I served with him in the 2nd Division. When I quarreled with my GOC he was there sitting down and said nothing. They were just sitting down and allowing the GOC to do whatever he wanted. When he ended up in the 3rd Division, I didn’t want to do anything with him. What they didn’t know was that we had stabilised our side.

“It was the work both of us had done that we used in ending the war. We told ourselves that finishing the war was not difficult. We presented the plan to Adekunle. Whether he studied it or not, we were not sure. All he wrote on the plan was “this is tactics lesson one, when are my expecting the next tuition?” That was how we left him and returned to our sectors.

“It was the plan that we brushed up and we didn’t tell Obasanjo that we were going to execute it. We went ahead to execute it because we were tired of being in the front. It was a war that should have lasted for one year. But it lasted for 30 months. That was why he knew so much about what we did even though he (Obasanjo) was no more there. Tomoye was there.”

cc lalasticlala

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/10/03/biafra-how-we-ended-civil-war-gen-akinrinade/

Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by princeakinola1(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2019
Please you people should reason together again and bring out idea to end boko haram matter
Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 03, 2019
Useless story
Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by JonDon12: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2019
I don't have anything to see about this idiot claiming he won a war. I am a Nigerian historian and I forgot this cockroach even existed. Nigeria, Chad, Britain, US, USSR, Egypt, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia, SS traitors ganged up on tiny gallant Biafra, a country fighting to protect her people from genocide and this clown is coming out to say he is the linch pin that won the war. Ode pako . How many saladeens did u buy and how many markets did u bomb ? This is Nigerian leadership class for you. Incompetent dishonest clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by kettykin: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2019
if Biafra had as much munitions as Nigeria had would the war had ended, would Buhari , Abdulsalam, Babangida, Obasanjo,Gowon, Danjuma etc had amounted to anything meaniful in this life, would Nigeria military have had the effontery to shoot at unarmed protesters , would cameroon had taken Bakkasi Penisular.

Nigerians whould go ahead and thank Britain , Soviet union, Egyp etc for sparing their lives
Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by jkendy(m): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2019
The story should be how you and your bloodsuckers sucked the innocent blood of our parents and made us orphans in our homeland.
Stop reminding the Igbo Nation of your brutalities against them
undecided
Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2019
so many books to read on Biafra
Re: Biafra: How We Ended Civil War - Gen Akinrinade by wordcat(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2019
Another used and dumped soldier.

The real actors of the war as believed by the AreaNiggers where rewarded with oil wells.

Where's your own reward general akinrinade?

(1) (Reply)

Musings On Racial Inequality On The Internet. / How Tinubu Encouraged Me To Accept SGF Appointment- Babachir Lawal / Your Money Has Put My Life Under Threat, Duncan Mighty Writes To Rochas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.