Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test (3255 Views)

Inside Nigeria’s Satellite Ground Control Station. / Nigeria's Satellite Launch Suffers Setback / Edo,delta, Yorubas Are The Poorest In Nigeria Satellite Pictures Shows.cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by excoba101: 4:28am On Nov 07, 2010
I thought we had schools? What are our children learning in these schools? Why can't they come up with our own local products? You would be surprise to hear that our military still depend on a foreign special force to train them. Nigeria will never do anything alone. Maybe we should change our independent month to January. Nigeria is too Libra for my liking.
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by tefund(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2010
Point of correction, chinese do not make inferior, it is your country men that conspire with them to produce fake product for the nigerian market
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by excoba101: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2010
Point of correction, Chinese do not make inferior, it is your country men that conspire with them to produce fake product for the Nigerian market

China has never invented anything, they only make their own version of what had been on ground(it is even gathered that they gained technological knowledge from the west).

But what boarder me is that, why can't Nigeria make their own products and the Chinese and Iranian do? Don't we send our children to school to learn these technologies/skills?
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by drjayzee(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2010
Please we should be commenting with reasonable and better contributions , anyway, the point I want to make here is that I heard someone mentioned Pakistan and Nuclear, for your information the Ministry that oversee the Manufacturing and Engineering of those Nuclear stuff in Pakistan was inaugurated same year same mission with Nigerian Defence Industry, same year ! But they have reached the apex of that technology (even though with some foreign support) which is Nuclear, but I was told till date Nigerian Defence Industry can only manufacture pistols and bullets. Please ask your History Lecturer to clarify this, so my question is that what are you doing all these years that Pakistan can produce Nukes whiles we only produce bullets. What's happening ? Please don't tell me we don't have gunius n gurus in engineering in naija, am sure you will not.

Secondly, the issue of inventions and innovations in technology don't rely on europe/american, Asians and Russians too contribute alot remember Yuri Gagarin (Space), Machiel Kalashnikov (AK47), Jabir Alkawarizmy (Algorithm and Geometry), but I will only agree with you that modern frontiers of these innovations in both software technology and militancy are Americans and Europe, but believe me genius n gurus in cybertech still dey china, japan and russia.

This is just my opinion, so I can accept better opinion and corrections.
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by excoba101: 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2010
Please we  should be commenting with reasonable and better contributions , anyway, the point I want to make here is that I heard someone mentioned Pakistan and Nuclear, for your information the Ministry that oversee the Manufacturing and Engineering of those Nuclear stuff in Pakistan was inaugurated same year same mission with Nigerian Defence Industry, same year ! But they have reached the apex of that technology (even though with some foreign support) which is Nuclear, but I was told till date Nigerian Defence Industry can only manufacture pistols and bullets. Please ask your History Lecturer to clarify this, so my question is that what are you doing all these years that Pakistan can produce Nukes whiles we only produce bullets. What's happening ? Please don't tell me we don't have gunius n gurus in engineering in naija, am sure you will not.

Secondly, the issue of inventions and innovations in technology don't rely on europe/american, Asians and Russians too contribute alot remember Yuri Gagarin (Space), Machiel Kalashnikov (AK47), Jabir Alkawarizmy (Algorithm and Geometry), but I will only agree with you that modern frontiers of these innovations in both software technology and militancy are Americans and Europe, but believe me genius n gurus in cybertech still dey china, japan and russia.

This is just my opinion, so I can accept better opinion and corrections

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-91770248.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3533225.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/mar/04/pakistan.julianborger

ALSO DON'T BE SURPRISED IF I TOLD YOU THAT THE NIGERIAN MILITARY SENDS SOME OFFICIALS FOR TRAINING IN PAKISTAN.
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by shotuns: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2010
@ tefund, you may be right that  some Nigerians actually request for low standand goods from  the Chinese, no doubt about that. but really if you have ever been into a serious business with these chinese people you will know they should never to be trusted,  you may not be able to differentiate between the original and fake goods except you are in the system. I have witnessed a lot myself,  . 85% chinese goods are low standards,  they are money making machines and can do anything to make profit, take it or leave it. once they get your money whatever story you have is no more their concerns . They know you will come again.
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by jmaine: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
bk.babe97y:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. 1 million people paying phone bills to foreign companies trumps proper care for 120 million citizens?! You guys  really are messed up in the head!

Lol. My dear, my point is your govt should KNOW its priorities instead of all this bull shiyyt it stays carrying out just as added avenues to siphon off stolen funds!

Now, read your second paragraph again: Doesnt make as much sense as when it was first written right?

Gone through all your comments and i came to only one conclusion, you are one of those aberrant humans whose sole aim is to show us that fools who despise meaningful strides still exist and they all flourish on nairaland, You need to get your acts right and not just comment for the sake of it, grow out of that dumber fickled brain of yours, we could use more of your proper thinking lobes that all this shit you keep spouting around just for the sake of fun, cool
Re: Nigeria’s Satellite Passes Global Mandatory Test by promise3048(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
koastar:

Owning your own satallite is one of the ways of reducing poverty. Instead of paying millions of dollars yearly to other companies outside Nigeria, These monies can be retained here for our own use.

True talk. We are hopeful, by 2025, Nigeria would launch her own indigenous satallite to space from Nigeria soil. They are working on it.
by then i will start relocating out of africa as soon as possible because nobody kns hw fa, it may cum down at anytime

(1) (2) (Reply)

Analysis: Task Force On Petroleum Industry Bill Another Job For The Boys, Platfo / Mend Debunks Jtf Claims Over Last Week's Attack / Aguiyi-ironsi: Igbo Leaders Blast Useni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.