Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) (37751 Views)

EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Enugu (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Uyo (Photo) / Six Yahoo Boys Jailed In Calabar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
NicemanJosh:
There can't be smoke without fire. Any reasonable government should check into the root cause of this menace called "YAHOO" and seek ways to curb it instead of unnecessary arrest upandan

They offered you 30k at NPOWER many of you said it is nonsense.

They offered TraderMoni you said the same.

They offered loans for agriculture and even closed borders for farmers you still said it is nonsense.

Face it, Nigerians love the high life watered by criminality.

They go abroad and commit crime.

78 Yahoo boys caught in USA alone.

Everyone wants to live like JAY-Z, even Dino Melaye.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Rubicon67(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Floxxy006:
what of if they are computer scientist stop picking everybody with laptops and phone

You have a point...innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

I work legitimately from home as a freelancer, does that make me a yahoo boy?

Las las, na to leave this country sure pass.

Going nowhere. We will keep enlightening them until they get to understand that we are in digital age.

Freelancing and forex trading saved an introvert, who's on the verge of committing suicide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by cjudy(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
They should keep on arresting them until they learn how to live a low key life even if you have billions. B

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Grupo(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

Going nowhere. We will keep enlightening them until the get to understand that we are in digital age.

Freelancing and forex trading saved an introvert, who's on the verge of committing suicide.

I'm also an introvert and a recluse at that.

I have been freelancing for years since I left school. But seriously, the way this country is going now is getting me scared.

Even efcc doesn't understand that you are a freelancer. I see no difference between them and illiterate Sars. They believe that having a computer makes you a fraudster.

I don't want a situation where they would plaster my face all over the internet before even verifying that I am not a fraudster. I have a reputation to protect.

Na to enter Canada or a sane, stable African country sure pass. I don even start the process.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by tiger28: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
jchioma:
This is becoming very embarrassing to say the least. But what could be driving the youths in droves into these online fraudulent activities and various criminality? It's becoming a rampage. It's pathetic and really unfortunate what the Nigerian youths are turning into.

The economic climate is not friendly, I know, and a serious government should be able to create an enabling environment for the teeming youths to thrive, but alas, what we have now is nothing to write home about. No motivation or inspiration. Rather, the government is making things tougher for everyone, imposing frivolous taxes and toll gates nationwide.

They should be ready to arrest more internet fraudsters.
HUNGER!!!!! As much as I detest what these lads are doing, it is self preservation that's making them do it. Most are graduates .how can you graduate 10 years ago and still can't get a job?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

I have been freelancing for years since I left school. But seriously, the way this country is going now is getting me scared.

Even efcc doesn't understand that you are a freelancer. I see no difference between them and illiterate Sars. They believe that having a computer makes you a fraudster.

I don't want a situation where they would plaster my face all over the internet before even verifying that I am not a fraudster. I have a reputation to protect.

Na to enter Canada or a sane, stable African country sure pass. I don even start the process.

You guys just scream freelance up and down.

Freelance at what?
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Grupo(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Freelance at what?

You are an illiterate and I shouldn't be talking to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

You are an illiterate and I shouldn't be talking to you.

Shut up.

There is nothing called freelance as a job.

You must be freelance at something.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by stifej: 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
penjm:
What happens to the politicians? They should free these guys pls.
You guys keep shouting that politicians are the biggest yahoo, yes I agreed with you. But who bears the brunt of these guys activities, is it the politician? hell no, it is you and I, it is the average Nigerian that gets deny of legit opportunities because these lowlife scammers have tarnished our noble image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

I understand you brother. I have thought about that too. I considered Ghana and Kenya, but the way they treat Nigerians in those countries isn't encouraging. Which African countries do you think accommodate law-abiding Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Freelance at what?

At any skills you have — graphic design, web design, coding, bookkeeping, virtual assistant, writing, even singing and dancing!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

At any skills you have — graphic design, web design, coding, bookkeeping, virtual assistant, writing, even singing and dancing!

Exactly.

So you are a graphic artist or a web designer who works freelance.

Freelance is not a vocation.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2019
tiger28:
HUNGER!!!!! As much as I detest what these lads are doing, it is self preservation that's making them do it. Most are graduates .how can you graduate 10 years ago and still can't get a job?

You don't condone it but you're making excuses for them. Is it because they are not carrying guns and knives? Do you realize the people they are scamming are working hard for their money too! Do you realize a father or mother scammed of his or her life savings not only ruins their lives but that of their children as well? When armed robbers kill and injure people do you pity the victims or the robbers? I know you don't condone them but no dey give them hope....These people should be exterminated at all cost, in fact let's add politicians, failed leaders and evil doers/kidnappers maybe we can bring the population down to 30 million grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Exactly.

So you are a graphic artist or a web designer who works freelance.

Freelance is not a vocation.

Freelancing is a vocation, in fact some freelancers went on to build empires that now teaches people about freelancing....lol
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

I understand you brother. I have thought about that too. I considered Ghana and Kenya, but the way they treat Nigerians in those countries isn't encouraging. Which African countries do you think accommodate law-abiding Nigerians?

No country will accomodate you as long as your brethens are known for spreading evil. We can all runaway from Nigeria but as long as the country remains a sh*thole, there would be no peace at home or abroad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
abbey621:

Freelancing is a vocation, in fact some freelancers went on to build empires that now teaches people about freelancing....lol

Oh lord have mercy.

It is not a vocation.

I can teach you how to be a freelancer at what you are skilled at but it is not a vocation.

Doesn't it sound silly to you?

You walk down the street, the policeman stops you, he says identify yourself. You give your name and state that to are a freelance.

Freelance what?

Freelance.

It's like saying I'm a part time. And that's my job.

PART TIME.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Kaydadon(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
If you keep putting all the youth in prison then you leave people like tinubu and the rest to work freely, who go marry all this girl's way dey carry big yansh upandown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
stifej:
You guys keep shouting that politicians are the biggest yahoo, yes I agreed with you. But who bears the brunt of these guys activities, is it the politician? hell no, it is you and I, it is the average Nigerian that gets deny of legit opportunities because these lowlife scammers have tarnished our noble image.

Dent or no dent, if you're good at what you do, those who need you will find you! (Pic attached — a client calling the introvert boss!).

While it is good to go after internet fraudsters, the way EFCC is going about it is nothing short of criminalizing laptops!

Did read about the FBI cases — the way the investigate crime first, Get tangible evidence, approach court and get an arrest warrant, before making an arrest.

But here, it is the opposite. EFCC will arrest, parade, before looking for an evidence to charge the person, and the person may end up being innocent. But by then his image is tarnished already.

Why can't EFCC develop the capacity to mount online surveillance, even if it means monitoring emails and international phone calls? Why criminalizing laptops?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by cooltola(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
A thief is a thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Grupo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

For now, no African country is stable in my opinion. They are all a bunch of shit holes. Africans have demonstrated that they don't have the capacity to grow a civilization. So, Canada is my only option for now.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
abbey621:

No country will accomodate you as long as your brethens are known for spreading evil. We can all runaway from Nigeria but as long as the country remains a sh*thole, there would be no peace at home or abroad!

I agree with you. That's why I think staying here may be better. If the country gets better, great. If it goes under, we go with it.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

Dent or no dent, if you're good at what you do, those who need you will find you! (Pic attached — a client calling the introvert boss!).

While it is good to go after internet fraudsters, the way EFCC is going about it is nothing short of criminalizing laptops!

Did read about the FBI cases — the way the investigate crime first, Get tangible evidence, approach court and get an arrest warrant, before making an arrest.

But here, it is the opposite. EFCC will arrest, parade, before looking for an evidence to charge the person, and the person may end up being innocent. But by then his image is tarnished already.

Why can't EFCC develop the capacity to mount online surveillance, even if it means monitoring emails and international phone calls? Why criminalizing laptops?

Nobody has ever criminalized laptops.

Last last these boys will plead guilty in court.

Perhaps when the case is in court they can call you as an expert witness.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Oh lord have mercy.

It is not a vocation.

I can teach you how to be a freelancer at what you are skilled at but it is not a vocation.

Doesn't it sound silly to you?

You walk down the street, the policeman stops you, he says identify yourself. You give your name and state that to are a freelance.

Freelance what?

Freelance.

It's like saying I'm a part time. And that's my job.

PART TIME.

You are getting caught up in terminologies instead of focusing on the point. Before I broke through corporate America, I was a freelance essay writer, a freelance database admin, a freelance security analyst and a freelance web developer. I often introduced myself as a freelancer and if they want more details I give them more details but at this day and age, even sh*tting is a vocation grin grin grin. Police in Nigeria might be myopic and not know that freelancing is a vocation but please let's use our IQ and pretend we deal with people way smarter than them grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

For now, no African country is stable in my opinion. They are all a bunch of shit holes. Africans have demonstrated that they don't have the capacity to grow a civilization. So, Canada is my only option for now.

You never go and you dey call your country shithole?
grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

I see. That's great.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

I agree with you. That's why I think staying here may be better. If the country gets better, great. If it goes under, we go with it.

No don't get me wrong, if you have the chance to jaapa abeg jaapa! All I'm saying is don't expect other countries to treat you fairly.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
abbey621:

You are getting caught up in terminologies instead of focusing on the point. Before I broke through corporate America, I was a freelance essay writer, a freelance database admin, a freelance security analyst and a freelance web developer. I often introduced myself as a freelancer and if they want more details I give them more details but at this day and age, even sh*tting is a vocation grin grin grin. Police in Nigeria might be myopic and not know that freelancing is a vocation but please let's use our IQ and pretend we deal with people way smarter than them grin grin grin

Stop the nonsense.

You've stated it, you were an essay writer.

You can introduce yourself as a freelance to those who know your specifics or those who are totally ignorant about anything.

Even in the States, when you call yourself a freelancer, they would ask for specifics.

You can use those terms to bamboozle an illiterate.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by islandmoon: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
nice jacket!
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Nobody has ever criminalized laptops.

Last last these boys will plead guilty in court.

Perhaps when the case is in court they can call you as an expert witness.

From what you read in this thread, please point the crime of those guys whose faces are thrown up there! Maybe I wasn't seeing clearly. But laptops and phones are criminal tools recovered from them!

The only day they tried giving details, they said the guy developed Payoneer to scam people — the level of ignorance is amazing!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Grupo(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

You never go and you dey call your country shithole?
grin

I'm a freelance writer. I work on Fiverr.com, a freelance marketplace.

I also write and sell eBooks on Amazon.com.

But with people like you who think everyone with a laptop is a yahoo boy, I have lost hope.

Yes, I'm still here for now but that doesn't invalid the fact that blacks are airheads who don't have thee capacity to create a civilization.

My Canada express entry is already being processed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:

I'm a freelance writer. I work on Fiverr.com, a freelance marketplace.

I also write and sell eBooks on Amazon.com.

But with people like you who think everyone with a laptop is a yahoo boy, I have lost hope.

Yes, I'm still here for now but that doesn't invalid the fact that blacks are airheads who don't have thee capacity to create a civilization.

My Canada express entry is already being processed.

Bro, I sent you a DM. I'm already planning to diversify into selling books. Please I will need your guidance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Pant Thieves Arrested In Niger (photo) / Man Found Dead In Transformer In Ekiti State (Graphic Pics) / Man High On Drugs Kills Himself After Hacking His Brother's Neck. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.