Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) (37754 Views)

EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Enugu (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Uyo (Photo) / Six Yahoo Boys Jailed In Calabar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Stop the nonsense.

You've stated it, you were an essay writer.

You can introduce yourself as a freelance to those who know your specifics or those who are totally ignorant about anything.

Even in the States, when you call yourself a freelancer, they would ask for specifics.

You can use those terms to bamboozle an illiterate.

Okay Chief argue with yourself, freelancing is not a vocation and you know this because of your delusional exposure to 1/10000th of the freelancing world. Just try an experiment, go to indeed.com, monster.com and type in freelancer at the search bar and see if you get any result....If you do then you've solved your own parable.....Goodluck!
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Nobody has ever criminalized laptops.

Last last these boys will plead guilty in court.

Perhaps when the case is in court they can call you as an expert witness.

Still waiting for your answer to the question I asked.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

They offered you 30k at NPOWER many of you said it is nonsense.

They offered TraderMoni you said the same.

They offered loans for agriculture and even closed borders for farmers you still said it is nonsense.

Face it, Nigerians love the high life watered by criminality.

They go abroad and commit crime.

78 Yahoo boys caught in USA alone.

Everyone wants to live like JAY-Z, even Dino Melaye.

You this one talking of N POWER. How many youths till now dey chop the N power or whatever. Okay i finish school na 30k you go dey pay me with this valueless currency we spend. Abegii yahoo no good so as the government worse too

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
abbey621:

Okay Chief argue with yourself, freelancing is not a vocation and you know this because of your delusional exposure to 1/10000th of the freelancing world. Just try an experiment, go to indeed.com, monster.com and type in freelancer at the search bar and see if you get any result....If you do then you've solved your own parable.....Goodluck!

Are you an illiterate?

Freelance is not a vocation. It is the manner in which you practice your vocation.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Nobody has ever criminalized laptops.

Last last these boys will plead guilty in court.

Perhaps when the case is in court they can call you as an expert witness.

From what you read in this thread, please point the crime of those guys whose faces are thrown up there! Maybe I wasn't seeing clearly. But laptops and phones are criminal tools recovered from them!
The only day they tried giving details, they said the guy developed Payoneer to scam people — the level of ignorance is amazing!
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by abbey621(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Are you an illiterate?

Freelance is not a vocation. It is the manner in which you practice your vocation.

LMAO...argue with yourself chief, argue with yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

From what you read in this thread, please point the crime of those guys whose faces are thrown up there! Maybe I wasn't seeing clearly. But laptops and phones are criminal tools recovered from them!
The only day they tried giving details, they said the guy developed Payoneer to scam people — the level of ignorance is amazing!

following intelligence reports received by the Commission about their alleged involvement in the criminal activity

But if you say they are freelance such as yourself, perhaps as colleagues you can help them out.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kenneth10110:

You this one talking of N POWER. How many youths till now dey chop the N power or whatever. Okay i finish school na 30k you go dey pay me with this valueless currency we spend. Abegii yahoo no good so as the government worse too

How much you wan collect?

You no get any skill you wan claim salary.

Truly your guys are lazy.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

How much you wan collect?

You no get any skill you wan claim salary.

Truly your guys are lazy.

They studied 5 years without skills ?. My guys are lazy but you are dumb and far away from the truth this government is so frustrating.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kenneth10110:

They studied 5 years without skills ?. My guys are lazy but you are dumb and far away from the truth this government is so frustrating.

You mean people that used expo and paid lecturers?

The ones that were diligent always rise to the top.

I knew many from my first degree.

You used mercenaries to write o level and UME.

After gaining admission into the university, to study philosophy, you hardly showed up in class.

Last, last, with plenty begging na 3rdy you take graduate.

Hone a skill, na lie, Yahoo na him sure pass.

NPOWER comes for you to help yourself whilst you gain a skill, you complain that you can't waste your time with that.

Your mates are driving SUVs right?

Continue, you'll become a millionaire by pity.

Nonsense.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

following intelligence reports received by the Commission about their alleged involvement in the criminal activity

But if you say they are freelance such as yourself, perhaps as colleagues you can help them out.

That's a neighbor reporting to the EFCC that some fellows stay at home and work with laptops is all that is needed to confirm that they are internet fraudsters?

I have no problem with the neighbors reporting people to EFCC. They may be ignorant, and that's fine.

The issue is with EFCC arresting someone based on hearsay and worse, parading the person based on hearsay, without first investigating the person to confirm whether he's committed any crime.

Why can't they check them first to get evidence of crime before parading them? If you claim that EFCC did that before parading them, why couldn't they say what the crime was?

From what you pointed, these fellows were arrested and paraded based on "them say he's into internet fraud"!

Now, an average Nigerian, yourself included, sees any young man working from home with a laptop as an internet fraudster.

In a 21st century where the entire world is connected online!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Kenneth10110(m): 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

You mean people that used expo and paid lecturers?

The ones that were diligent always rise to the top.

I knew many from my first degree.

You used mercenaries to write o level and UME.

After gaining admission into the university, to study philosophy, you hardly showed up in class.

Last, last, with plenty begging na 3rdy you take graduate.

Hone a skill, na lie, Yahoo na him sure pass.

NPOWER comes for you to help yourself whilst you gain a skill, you complain that you can't waste your time with that.

Your mates are driving SUVs right?

Continue, you'll become a millionaire by pity.

Nonsense.

See dumb ass so most of the youths without jobs out here used expo and paid lectures, they used mercenaries to work out there O level and jamb and they hardly showed up at classes. Now am blaming myself for replying a low brain like you i don't care whatever your age may be you need a brain reset. Why would i reply you again when am not even sure your if your not been paid to support this government. If you quote me again the experience of this present government will fall on you.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

That's a neighbor reporting to the EFCC that some fellows stay at home and work with laptops is all that is needed to confirm that they are internet fraudsters?

I have no problem with the neighbors reporting people to EFCC. They may be ignorant, and that's fine.

The issue is with EFCC arresting someone based on hearsay and worse, parading the person based on hearsay, without first investigating the person to confirm whether he's committed any crime.

Why can't they check them first to get evidence of crime before parading them? If you claim that EFCC did that before parading them, why couldn't they say what the crime was?

From what you pointed, these fellows were arrested and paraded based on "them say he's into internet fraud"!

Now, an average Nigerian, yourself included, sees any young man working from home with a laptop as an internet fraudster.

In a 21st century where the entire world is connected online!

Time and time again, we see them convicted for fraud.

They would state the victim.

They would state the sum.

They would prove the false identity by the criminal.

They would show how the money was transferred.

These guys would be convicted.

If you think otherwise, then it means you are not being truthful.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kenneth10110:

See dumb ass so most of the youths without jobs out here used expo and paid lectures, they used mercenaries to work out there O level and jamb and they hardly showed up at classes. Now am blaming myself for replying a low brain like you i don't care whatever your age may be you need a brain reset. Why would i reply you again when am not even sure your if your not been paid to support this government. If you quote me again the experience of this present government will fall on you.

Shut up.

The work I do is what you prayed to have but your criminal tendencies ensured you never got it.

Go figure.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kenneth10110:

Na my fault sef.

Person wey write WAEC in 2015 na him I dey respond to.

You suppose dey wash one of my cars for me.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Another generic answer as expected.

Do you really think everyone of those guys paraded are prosecuted? Probably out of every 10 paraded, two or three are prosecuted. What happens to the innocent ones paraded without any crime?

So you think the best way to get a criminal is to arrest anyone you can lay your hands on and then sort them out later. What of the innocent fellows whose image are unjustly tarnished?

Let me ask you a question: did you read the FBI cases? How they did their investigation first and then arraign the criminal with evidence. Why can't EFCC follow international best practices?
Why parade before investigation, and in the process, get innocent ones paraded for no just reason?

How will you feel to be paraded as a criminal when you haven't done anything wrong? That's exactly what happens with this style of blanket arrest and parade. If you feel it's right, may it be your portion!

Another fallout of this gestapo style of fighting crime is that useful tools — laptops and phones — are now seen as criminal tools. Working with a laptop, as a young man, is like owning an unregistered firearm!
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

Another generic answer as expected.

Do you really think everyone of those guys paraded are prosecuted? Probably out of every 10 paraded, two or three are prosecuted. What happens to the innocent ones paraded without any crime?

So you think the best way to get a criminal is to arrest anyone you can lay your hands on and then sort them out later. What of the innocent fellows whose image are unjustly tarnished?

Let me ask you a question: did you read the FBI cases? How they did their investigation first and then arraign the criminal with evidence. Why can't EFCC follow international best practices?
Why parade before investigation, and in the process, get innocent ones paraded for no just reason?

How will you feel to be paraded as a criminal when you haven't done anything wrong?

I'll take you serious when you show me the %age acquitted.

The fraudsters themselves don't complain, it is always you lot thinking you are smarter than the system that do.

You think EFCC is made up of dummies and you know better than them.

grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

I'll take you serious when you show me the %age acquitted.

The fraudsters themselves don't complain, it is always you lot thinking you are smarter than the system that do.

You think EFCC is made up of dummies and you know better than them.

grin

The same people who said that one Nigerian guy developed Payoneer. Was it not here that I read it?

Was Zlatan not paraded Nairamaley before he was freed? Now, being a celebrity, his acquittal was all over the place, so you and I know he did nothing wrong.

There are many like Zlatan among all these people arrested and paraded on a daily basis. Because they're nobody, you don't hear about their release. But their image have been forever tarnished!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

The same people who said that one Nigerian guy developed Payoneer. Was it not here that I read it?

Was Zlatan not paraded Nairamaley before he was freed? Now, being a celebrity, his acquittal was all over the place, so you and I know he did nothing wrong.

There are many like Zlatan among all these people arrested and paraded. Because they're nobody, you don't hear about their release. But their image have been forever tarnished!

Zlatan is not free.

He is on bail.

You need to know the difference.

The Payoneer issue could even be the error of the reporter.

It wasn't the official statement of EFCC.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Zlatan is not free.

He is on bail.

You need to know the difference.

The Payoneer issue could even be the error of the reporter.

It wasn't the official statement of EFCC.

You are wrong!
Zlatan and three others were freed. It's Nairamaley that's on bail.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/330030-zlatan-three-others-freed-naira-marley-still-in-efcc-custody.html

Now, you have your percent — 4 freed out of 5 arrested and paraded. That's 80% of those arrested and paraded were innocent!

Funny, I only thought it was only Zlatan and Nairamaley. But just like I said earlier, we know about Zlatan's release because he's popular — what about those three others? Most of us don't know they're freed — their faces have been paraded as criminals for life. Make no mistake about this — that their release appeared on the news was because they're released along side Zlatan. And as you can see, they were called "three others"!

My brother, there are countless "unreported three others" among all these youths unjustly arrested and paraded on a daily basis!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
studentofTruth:

You are wrong!
Zlatan and three others were freed. It's Nairamaley that's on bail.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/330030-zlatan-three-others-freed-naira-marley-still-in-efcc-custody.html

Arghh.

Ok I got the name of the musician wrong.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by studentofTruth: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Arghh.

Ok I got the name of the musician wrong.

What do you say about the 80% innocent rate?

This blanket arrest is evil; it's unjust! EFCC should do their job — investigate, get evidence, arraign and then parade. That is the way to tackle crime.

Tagging every young man working with a laptop as an internet fraudster is evil, and the fallout is dangerous!

The world has turned to a global village because of the internet. Online jobs can help reduce the level of unemployment in the country. It can reduce traffic and decongest our cities.

But instead of looking for ways to encourage the citizens, they're scaring the youths away from seeking legitimate means of livelihood.

Nobody says EFCC shouldn't eradicate the Cyber criminals, but they should do it the right way — the way FBI does it. Blanket arrest is not the way to go!

Goodnight!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by RealEzee(m): 1:06am On Oct 04, 2019
Mrcomedimatic:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, has arrested six suspected internet fraudsters in Lagos.

The suspects, Oluwaseyi Gabriel Obe, Omojuyigbe Paul, Olubodun Victor, Alade Amos Opeyemi, Harry Osaremesin and Osaro Aganwonyi, were arrested during a sting operation in the early hours of today, October 3, 2019 at the Igando area of Lagos, following intelligence reports received by the Commission about their alleged involvement in the criminal activity.

Items recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest include mobile phones, laptops and a car.

The suspects will soon be charged to court.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/10/03/efcc-arrests-six-suspected-internet-fraudsters-in-lagos/
till they parade the politicians who give this country a bad name, Efcc is still a joke, been young having a laptop, a good phone, dress nice, tattoos now is the order of the day, they're quick to jump on these lads, yes some of these lads are fraudsters, let's call a spade a spade. are they the core problem for the high level of poverty in Nigeria? what happen to those given the mandate to govern this nation, those we trust to go good by us while in power? since my day one on planet earth in this country, year to year i hear of budgets, so high the amount I'm like shey for this life we need to spend this much? yet the impact is so microscopic, mind you this year's budget included constructing news road yet the following year we don't revisit the previous year spending to be sure if those projects were carried out, instead we create a larger budget and yet you and i no go see better impact! many of our youths are leaving this country daily for greener pasture to countries way on a normal day no get level reach us but hey man must survive sha. No to Fraud, No to corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by pacespot(m): 1:07am On Oct 04, 2019
If you're young and well dressed, you are a yahoo boi. And if you go a step further and have a nice car, you're a yahoo plus.

It is like efcc new role is now yahoo economic and financial crime commission YEFCC. While the thieving politicians are thriving by the day.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 04, 2019
Mumu...EFCC also collect bribe in millions to free some guys. Once you pay, case closed. No court.
Commentor:

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 3:20am On Oct 04, 2019
jchioma:
This is becoming very embarrassing to say the least. But what could be driving the youths in droves into these online fraudulent activities and various criminality? It's becoming a rampage. It's pathetic and really unfortunate what the Nigerian youths are turning into.

The economic climate is not friendly, I know, and a serious government should be able to create an enabling environment for the teeming youths to thrive, but alas, what we have now is nothing to write home about. No motivation or inspiration. Rather, the government is making things tougher for everyone, imposing frivolous taxes and toll gates nationwide.

They should be ready to arrest more internet fraudsters.

You've got nothing to say really.

With what the government has done in Agriculture, Enabling Business and provision of funding for SMEs, I think any smart youth can actually look for a leverage.

Who provided them the inspiration with which they rip off people and spend lavishly? How many Nigerians pay taxes? Where are the tolls that you are talking about?

Oga, don't allow 'complaining' define you.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 4:12am On Oct 04, 2019
All u this lazy youth

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Miniano: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2019
We Nigerian are just fraudulent that is just it nice job efcc
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by srclark: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

Rightly said,It baffles me why most of these guys cant live a modest life (you know what you do yet you put yourself in the eye of the public) .I keep saying it if these is what efcc has to do to bring back sanity into this country so be it .You see 4 to 5 boys all living in a posh flat all under 24 years old with little or no supervision smoking ,womanising driving all over the town aimlessly and they expect not to have problems with the authorities .These set of boys cause these problems for themselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Pentools(m): 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
chrischukszy01:
When u kept on hearing I work from home! What do expect?

Meaning to work from home is now wrong or what?
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Pentools(m): 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
Grupo:

I'm also an introvert and a recluse at that.

I have been freelancing for years since I left school. But seriously, the way this country is going now is getting me scared.

Even efcc doesn't understand that you are a freelancer. I see no difference between them and illiterate Sars. They believe that having a computer makes you a fraudster.

I don't want a situation where they would plaster my face all over the internet before even verifying that I am not a fraudster. I have a reputation to protect.

Na to enter Canada or a sane, stable African country sure pass. I don even start the process.

What African country please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Rapes Daughter Of DESOPADEC Chairman In Delta, Gets Her Pregnant / Ogun Police Bust Ritualist Den , Find Remains Of 20 - Year Old Girl / Nurse Arrested For Stealing New Baby In Ogun (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.