Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up (26723 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 04, 2019
princeade86:
is Abraham I pity most. he should have switch to Nigeria my brother.

You pity someone that is doing so well in his field of endeavor?

Why the pity?

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

Lol... If your government had the expenses or resources to train them as you claim, what stops the same government from gainfully employing them with equal expense??!... Would they be snapped up if they were unavailable due to gainful engagement??!...

...And your last line is hilarious... 1. We can't afford their footballers 2. Our doctors and engineers do more of the "seeking". grin

Exactly. Create the right environment and they will come. But like I said I am not a fan of modern day slavery. Man was created and placed in an environment to develop it. He was created to add value to his community. That is why in his wisdom God has shared competencies and capabilities, finesse and folly equally throughout the globe.

By the way if not for the cultural thing you will find a number of westerners who will not mind playing at the world cup under an African flag just for the experience. Coaches have done it for decades and South Americans can be found playing for lesser endowed Asian and Middle East countries but culturally it wil be like a woman seeking a man's hand in marriage, quite absurd. But I was speaking about foreign players of Nigerian parentage.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Kenturkey048(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Nigeria like already made players. Just because they are doing well means they must play for Nigeria? Let my boys play for whoever they want to play for. I am not even sure Tammy ever visited Nigeria.
name one country that don't like already made player...or what do you mean by already made player...is the government suppose to train you in academy

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by enemachris(m): 9:10am On Oct 04, 2019
Chelsea gradually dominating England team once again wink
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by realestniggah: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Kenturkey048:
this particular statement is a joke.....england...who colonize us..??who give us orientation...just that they do theirs in a more coded way...2010 world cup,England drop younger Gary bent with 24 league goals and carry much older Heskey with just 8 league goals..

Please show me an instance of bribery in English FA. It a know fact that the NFF is riddled with corruption in every corner.

Look at the end of the day ENGLAND is better than NIGERIA IN EVERY WAY when it come to football. End of story. It like having option to go to unilag or Harvard it a no Brainer that Harvard is better. How hard is it to make the right choice.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by adenigga(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
I would’ve been disappointed if those lads did not choose to play for England

I agree with you!
How many times have you heard that all this European national teams owe their players match bonuses, winning bonuses. Compare to some African national teams, including Nigeria.

Have you heard it that European national teams protests or threatened to go on strike if their bonuses are not paid.
It is only in Africa we witnessed such embarrassment, therefore, I can't condemned those guys.

My brother, Success have many siblings, while failure is an orphan.
It is when things are going fine for you, people will identify with you. Let small setback comes, they will disappeared.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by mjizzie(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2019
I don't why people are complaining about their choice of country. They don't owe Nigeria anything. It is their choice to play for any country they want. Most people complaining will do the same thing if they were in their shoes. Even if they play for Nigeria, it doesn't mean Nigeria will win the world cup. So people, please move on. Let us search for players elsewhere.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by geosegun(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2019
Hakeem12:
If I suffer to make sure my child is born outside Nigeria and he comes back here, I'd kill him myself.

Then you are 'probably' are a fool. The grass is not always green on the other side. The negativity you see always about your country is what is keeping you so frustrated. if you are going to be successful, first thing to do is to change your thinking orientation and your attitude. Then you will begin to see every reason why your country will always be the place to be. Ajo ko le da bi ile (Translate the phrase to English, French or whatever language you understand)

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by logan2(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
ngrsenate indeed

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2019
Kanu is right. Does it even make sense? You have talents in your country but you are so lazy you wont develop your own you will instead be waiting for the one that oyinbo has worked on then poach those ones. SMH
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by SamOyovwi: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2019
There's pride when you play for Nigeria and you're celebrated by people all around Nigeria
Hakeem12:
I do too, but I don't want my son to come here and play and protest before he's paid. The NFA is corruption in itself

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Then you are a fool. The grass is not always green on the other side. The negativity you see always about your country is what is keeping you so frustrated. if you are going to be successful, first thing to do is to change your thinking orientation and your attitude. Then you will begin to see every reason why your country will always be the place to be. Ajo ko le da bi ile (Translate the phrase to English, French or whatever language you understand)
Who say the grass is not green? I bet you have never been anywhere. Believe me if it wasn't green you wont see the queues at the different embassies. If the grass is not as green you wont be waiting for forwigners to develop players for you to poach on

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Kenturkey048(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

That is the real question: Why has NFF failed to focus on locating these numerous talents, grooming them (even from primary school), and blooding them into the national team as most sensible nations, even in Africa, do??!

You want other nations to raise and groom your talents for you, invest in them, only for you to have them on a silver platter.... What effrontery... Hiss!!!
shey na British government groom Antony Joshua ni??shey na British government groom dele Ali ni??shey na British government groom welbeck ni??shey na Italian government groom baloteli ni?? See representing your country is a pride and dream of any athlete..you groom yourself to the extent of meriting a national call up..or the psquare that's grooming his son in arsenal's academy shouldn't honour a call up when he gets to the age because the government didn't groom him....Africa and entitlement mentality
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Kanu is right. Does it even make sense? You have talents in your country but you are so lazy you wont develop your own you will instead be waiting for the one that oyinbo has worked on then poach those ones. SMH

Every country poaches talent in every profession in the world. We lose skilled labour in their thousands every year too. Why can't the United States and the United Kingdom develop its own doctors too for instance.

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2019
SamOyovwi:
There's pride when you play for Nigeria and you're celebrated by people all around Nigeria
Same way there is pride when one plays for any other country and they celebrate one better
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2019
SamOyovwi:

There is more pride playing for England. They will even be costlier to buy as they will be classified as English players.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

Every country poaches talent in every profession in the world. We lose skilled labour in their thousands every year too. Why can't the United States and the United Kingdom develop its own doctors too for instance.
Who says they dont? They dont just produce enough to fill in the required quota. Even the doctors they take in are further refined which is still the development process

The difference between theirs and what you people do is at least they try to develop their own. You peoppe do nothing. Just sit and wait for the next talented foreign player with some ancestral links then start sending invites
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Hakeem12:
If I suffer to make sure my child is born outside Nigeria and he comes back here, I'd kill him myself.

I like this....

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Then you 'probably' are a fool. The grass is not always green on the other side. The negativity you see always about your country is what is keeping you so frustrated. if you are going to be successful, first thing to do is to change your thinking orientation and your attitude. Then you will begin to see every reason why your country will always be the place to be. Ajo ko le da bi ile (Translate the phrase to English, French or whatever language you understand)

Easy!!!
BTW, to Tomori and Tammy, Nigeria is the grass on other side for them which may not be green if they choose it. I even doubt if these guys have ever been to Nigeria. The only ties they have with Nigeria is their names and Nigerian parents. They've lived all their lives in England, you can't expect them to decline England for Nigeria they've never had any connection with.
To these guys, england is home for them, not Nigeria. This is where they were born and developed their football career, so how can Nigeria suddenly become more homely to them England?

Ighalo was our top scorer in afcon qualifier and tournaments, he's been our best striker in recent years, yet he constantly got attacked and derided by fans till the guy retired.

Victor Moses chose to play Nigeria despite having his parents killed in Nigeria at his early age before moving to England, yet he was despised and derided by Nigerians for poor World cup outing till he retired.

Tomori and Tammy could as well choose Nigeria and eventually got maltreated by Nigerians.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Kenturkey048(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2019
realestniggah:

Please show me an instance of bribery in English FA. It a know fact that the NFF is riddled with corruption in every corner.

Look at the end of the day ENGLAND is better than NIGERIA IN EVERY WAY when it come to football. End of story. It like having option to go to unilag or Harvard it a no Brainer that Harvard is better. How hard is it to make the right choice.
brother its not a level of comparism...I only picked a phrase from your statement...I gave you an instance of dropping a much younger Garry bent of 24 goals for older Heskey of 8goals.that was one controversial drop from England that any sane person would want to look into...when it comes to football in English national team..there is also corruption ,but its done codedly....
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Rubicon67(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2019
Hakeem12:

You have your reason but there are so many foreign born Nigerians that would like to have the opportunity to contribute to the country's growth. The problem is that Naija is a very complicated domain to navigate... bribery, nepotism, tribalism, discrimination on religious and other grounds, corruption, mediocrity etc

4 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Ramos16(m): 9:36am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:

But is it logical? tell me why they will feature Abraham in a serious match when there are other people in England that are more experienced and performing well
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2019
oluwasegun007:
That's their choice...

Why not let's look inward.

We have so many ororo nad Messi littered around the country,

But the system is too lazy to identify them..

If you want the country Jersey, you must wear it with pride.

I wish them the best.

Many Tammy Abrahams, maybe. Not many ororo or Messi. If you're as good as Messi or has potential to be, you will be found even if you live in the remotest village.

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by BlogRabbit: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2019
This kanu nwankwo doesn't have sense o
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Hakeem12(m): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Then you 'probably' are a fool. The grass is not always green on the other side. The negativity you see always about your country is what is keeping you so frustrated. if you are going to be successful, first thing to do is to change your thinking orientation and your attitude. Then you will begin to see every reason why your country will always be the place to be. Ajo ko le da bi ile (Translate the phrase to English, French or whatever language you understand)
you can make your opinion known without having to resort to insults sir. That's what an idiot would do, hope you aren't one. I understand everything you said, you don't have to insult me to make your point. All the best
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Hakeem12(m): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2019
Rubicon67:

You have your reason but there are so many foreign born Nigerians that would like to have the opportunity to contribute to the country's growth. The problem is that Naija is a very complicated domain to navigate... bribery, nepotism, tribalism, discrimination on religious and other grounds, corruption, mediocrity etc
My reasons exactly
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Who says they dont? They dont just produce enough to fill in the required quota. Even the doctors they take in are further refined which is still the development process

The difference between theirs and what you people do is at least they try to develop their own. You peoppe do nothing. Just sit and wait for the next talented foreign player with some ancestral links then start sending invites

C'mon don't be disingenuous. We develop soccer talent perhaps more than any other country in the world. We are the most successful country on the planet in youth football and government has expended billions over the decades in age grade programs and tourneys.

Yes we may not have the sophistication, technology, know how, managerial skill and temperament to sustain programs and deliver the last step at the highest levels but we have done a lot for soccer development on the global stage. FIFA acknowledges that. The fellow who this post revolves around Papillo is a prime example of what Nigeria can produce.

Let me ask you this question. By the time Papillo arrived in your mighty England and Arsenal was he developed or not...sure you cannot compare a country with a thousand years of history with one that is just 59 years. England invented the modern game, Nigeria did not so there is bound to be a gap. Please just don't write us off as useless because of this recent fad of seeking foreign born players.

It is just a fad and has not defined our achievements in anyway. There is no Cup we have won at any level since the 70's that has been defined by our successful quest and integration of foreign born players. It is just a passing fad.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by topstone4: 9:46am On Oct 04, 2019
olisaEze:
They’ll just be used and dumped like Fashanu and Agbonlahor! While in Nigeria, they’ll be used and abused like every other player that has ever given their all to a fatherland that has never respected merit! undecided

Nigeria also use and dump players
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Augiiee(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
Both will play some few games and that's it. England do this a lot, they give young players call-ups just so they don't play for another country and then they dump them.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 9:52am On Oct 04, 2019
BlogRabbit:
This kanu nwankwo doesn't have sense o

He is right and the best player to say this. When Tammy or Tomori become as successful and decorated for England as Papillo is for Nigeria then you have a case. Let me see whether he will win Olympic gold and the Euros with England then we start talking. At the end of a career it will be medals and trophies not money that will speak success and satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Angelfrost(m): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2019
Kenturkey048:
shey na British government groom Antony Joshua ni??shey na British government groom dele Ali ni??shey na British government groom welbeck ni??shey na Italian government groom baloteli ni?? See representing your country is a pride and dream of any athlete..you groom yourself to the extent of meriting a national call up..or the psquare that's grooming his son in arsenal's academy shouldn't honour a call up when he gets to the age because the government didn't groom him....Africa and entitlement mentality

Bro, I don't quite get your grouse here...

Creating an enabling environment with opportunities is enough grooming on its own.... So, yeah... The British government has done far more in grooming her sportsmen than we ever will, and it only makes sense that the individuals swear allegiance to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Gold, Sets New Record At The World U-20 Athletcs Championship / Solskjaer: We May Turn Ighalo's Loan Into A Permanent Deal / Kenneth Omeruo Shares Facebook Chat With His Wife To Mark Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.