Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up (26751 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2019
Augiiee:

Both will play some few games and that's it. England do this a lot, they give young players call-ups just so they don't play for another country and then they dump them.

If they continue to be in form, they keep getting caps. Sterling is a Jamaican, yet he plays for them regularly.
Even if they choose Nigeria and eventually fail to replicate the current form, they will be forgotten soon. How many caps did Abbey George have for Nigeria?
Haven't we started benching Leon Balogun? In no time he will be dropped.

It is a matter of form, both of them will get playing time and caps for england if they are in top form still.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Caseless: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
I would’ve been disappointed if those lads did not choose to play for England
that's a wrong choice to make. They'll be wasted. Nigeria gives players opportunity to relaunch their form and more playing time, England doesn't have time for out of form players or bench warmers.

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Angelfrost(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

Exactly. Create the right environment and they will come. But like I said I am not a fan of modern day slavery. Man was created and placed in an environment to develop it. He was created to add value to his community. That is why in his wisdom God has shared competencies and capabilities, finesse and folly equally throughout the globe.

By the way if not for the cultural thing you will find a number of westerners who will not mind playing at the world cup under an African flag just for the experience. Coaches have done it for decades and South Americans can be found playing for lesser endowed Asian and Middle East countries but culturally it wil be like a woman seeking a man's hand in marriage, quite absurd. But I was speaking about foreign players of Nigerian parentage.

Culture??!... More like massive developmental gap...
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by kenex4ever(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
they will be disappointments if dey choose England because they won't make up to 20caps in England till they retire

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

He is right and the best player to say this. When Tammy or Tomori become as successful and decorated for England as Papillo is for Nigeria then you have a case. Let me see whether he will win Olympic gold and the Euros with England then we start talking. At the end of a career it will be medals and trophies not money that will speak success and satisfaction.

LOL, They both have chances of going farther than Nigeria at world cup. When was the last time Nigeria won AFCON? Have we ever gone farther than england at world cup?

Which team is rated higher on FIFA ranking between Nigeria and England?
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

Culture??!... More like massive developmental gap...

Same thing. The culture leads to the developmental gap.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Holyfield1(m): 10:06am On Oct 04, 2019
16yearsold:
BTW who do they think they are that Will should. be begging them.
Osimen has 8 goals this season, samething as Abraham.
The only problem Nigeria has is that they don't allow raw talent into there squad,all they want is bribery which is bad.
With the way Will played Ukraine, Will might reach semi finals or finals in world cup.

Why are you using will instead of we?
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by geosegun(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Who say the grass is not green? I bet you have never been anywhere. Believe me if it wasn't green you wont see the queues at the different embassies. If the grass is not as green you wont be waiting for forwigners to develop players for you to poach on

I have been to places you've probably never dreamt of, young man. What an adult sees while seated. A minor will never see even if he climbs an Iroko tree. Mark my words.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Reference(m): 10:15am On Oct 04, 2019
peeps4u:

LOL, They both have chances of going farther than Nigeria at world cup. When was the last time Nigeria won AFCON? Have we ever gone farther than england at world cup?

Which team is rated higher on FIFA ranking between Nigeria and England?

My friend. Nigeria has a better chance of winning a trophy than England at the senior level, let us not go below where we have a far better record at age grade football. The last time we won a trophy at senior level was in 2013 AFCON. When was the last time England won a trophy at senior level anywhere.... 1966. They go for tournament after tournament, lose and get villified when they return, the squad gets disbanded and they start over again.

It also means Papillo is more decorated than any English footballer of this generation, period.

Yes English football is at a higher level in many ways than Nigeria's at present but the facts are facts. At the end of a career it will not be about counting 'chances of getting'. It will be about what has been gotten. Nigeria is not able to win the World Cup in this present state, so is England. He has rolled the dice amd settled for England, let us see how it plays out. Papillo is right. We don't need this distraction. Let us improve management of our football and footballing teams and downplay the role of players for once. Talents abound everywhere.

The fact is clear. Tammy Abraham has a far better chance of winning the Nations Cup with Nigeria than he has of winning the Euros with England. He also has a chance of a far longer career with Nigeria than he has with England.

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by CrestMan: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2019
When I said that Tammy Abraham was using Nigeria to negotiate his way into the England team, some folks didn't agree.

They will both be "used and dumped" las las.
They don't have what it takes to command a place in that national team.

Shame on Tammy especially cool
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Kenturkey048(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

Bro, I don't quite get your grouse here...

Creating an enabling environment with opportunities is enough grooming on its own.
... So, yeah... The British government has done far more in grooming her sportsmen than we ever will, and it only makes sense that the individuals swear allegiance to them.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 10:27am On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

I have been to places you've probably never dreamt of, young man. What an adult sees while seated. A minor will never see even if he climbs an Iroko tree. Mark my words.

Stick your lying words up where the sun don't shine. You probably bever heard of cause and effect. If its so bad there why are people rushing to go there and when people go, are reluctant to come back? That is the question you should answer no one gives a shít where you have been or not been
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by kaziblake(f): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
England will use and dump them las las.
The way Germany dump Sydney sam

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by CaptVerida(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Nice one
They will shine!!
More wins in your career boys
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by TGMISKY(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2019
The NFF did a lazy job on both players and we should accept it. Right now, both players are better than the ones we have in their position.
If the NFF like, they should not work on Saka of Arsenal before it gets late.
Later they'll make us want people to be patriotic as if England hasn't been the ones developing those players in their Unders
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by contigiency(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:

anu ofia, onye ihoriho, onye apari. What do you know apart from mama thank you.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Kenneth10110(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2019
We have Chuckweze and Osimhem they can go and honour the English call.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

My friend. Nigeria has a better chance of winning a trophy than England at the senior level, let us not go below where we have a far better record at age grade football. The last time we won a trophy at senior level was in 2013 AFCON. When was the last time England won a trophy at senior level anywhere.... 1966. They go for tournament after tournament, lose and get villified when they return, the squad gets disbanded and they start over again.

It also means Papillo is more decorated than any English footballer of this generation, period.

Yes English football is at a higher level in many ways than Nigeria's at present but the facts are facts. At the end of a career it will not be about counting 'chances of getting'. It will be about what has been gotten. Nigeria is not able to win the World Cup in this present state, so is England. He has rolled the dice amd settled for England, let us see how it plays out. Papillo is right. We don't need this distraction. Let us improve management of our football and footballing teams and downplay the role of players for once. Talents abound everywhere.

The fact is clear. Tammy Abraham has a far better chance of winning the Nations Cup with Nigeria than he has of winning the Euros with England. He also has a chance of a far longer career with Nigeria than he has with England.

Well said sir... Some of these kids are either poorly counselled, or don't heed to proper counsel. Just look at Jordan Ibe's life and career already going to the dogs. Smh.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 10:38am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

C'mon don't be disingenuous. We develop soccer talent perhaps more than any other country in the world. We are the most successful country on the planet in youth football and government has expended billions over the decades in age grade programs and tourneys.

Yes we may not have the sophistication, technology, know how, managerial skill and temperament to sustain programs and deliver the last step at the highest levels but we have done a lot for soccer development on the global stage. FIFA acknowledges that. The fellow who this post revolves around Papillo is a prime example of what Nigeria can produce.

Let me ask you this question. By the time Papillo arrived in your mighty England and Arsenal was he developed or not...sure you cannot compare a country with a thousand years of history with one that is just 59 years. England invented the modern game, Nigeria did not so there is bound to be a gap. Please just don't write us off as useless because of this recent fad of seeking foreign born players.

It is just a fad and has not defined our achievements in anyway. There is no Cup we have won at any level since the 70's that has been defined by our successful quest and integration of foreign born players. It is just a passing fad.
You are really delusional. Putting overage players is now developing young talent. So why is it that your players never last when playing at the senior levels. Dont use Papillo as an example. Going by that argument you can also argue that because cameroun produced the likes of Eto then they are good at producing young players
Unfortunately that fad as you call it has now become a norm but what does one expect in a shithole where everyone sits on his hands and waits for divine intervention for the most basic problems. England invented the modern game does not mean they are the most successful. There are countries less developed than england that have recorded more success in developing young talent. What have you to say about that?
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by NGRsenate: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2019
contigiency:

anu ofia, onye ihoriho, onye apari. What do you know apart from mama thank you.

Intelligent people have stated why I may be wrong but you, animal, you just want to test the new abuses you just learned abi?
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by olagunra: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2019
*were really*
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by olagunra: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2019
d
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by oluwasegun007(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2019
Jarus:

Many Tammy Abarahams, maybe. Not many ororo or Messi. If you're as good as Messi or has potential to be, you will be found even if you live in the remotest village.

My brother, one of the advantage of having large population is the availability of human resources in every sphere of life.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by olagunra: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2019
vffgvgggbhfdffgbhhy
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by sarutobi: 10:50am On Oct 04, 2019
realestniggah:

No he is not.. He grew up in England.. He is familiar with the system.. That his comfort zone...england has a better chance at winning the world cup than Nigeria..no bribery and corruption to deal with. Working system. The only problem is that there are better player in that same squad and might not start often.

Iwobi grew up in England. Leon Balogun is German. Ekong is a Dutch etc.

The difference between these players and Abraham is that they are sensible enough to know tthey CANNOT break into the first team of those countries.

Abraham will have to compete with:
1. Kane
2. Vardy
3. Rashford
4. Callum Wilson
5. Jesse Lingard

All these players except maybe current lingard are better than him.

Southgate will play an unfit Kane over Abraham. In contrast, he will practically walk in majestically into the super eagles (no pressure). Win a few AFCONs, go to the world cup and if he puts in the shift he becomes a National Hero.

About trophies, please tell me the last time England Football team won any trophy. Maybe in the 80s.

As i said earlier, I am a Chelsea fan but i am NOT deluded. Abraham is a championship level player. He still needs to prove himself.

He is overestimating his abilities.

We have been begging this guy for more than a year. A whole country begging an average player. Are we that bad?

He can learn from Agbonlahor, Ibe etc
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by karbarsar(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:

Like they used and dumped Bamidele Ali right?
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by marvin906(m): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2019
kaziblake:
The way Germany dump Sydney sam

is easier to have a place in the German team than English team..
the only reason England called Tammy and tomori is just to prevent Nigeria from getting them not because they are extremely good..
how many games has tomori played that he deserves a call up..
nobody is against them for choosing England is their choice buh the true fact is this England will use and dump them no matter how go they are if they see 10 caps they should do Thanksgiving..
jamain defeo that was banging goals left and right was still sideline for an underperforming wallcot

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Bawofss(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2019
i believe southgate is doing dis just to tie dem to England national team......

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by trappatoni(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2019
respect80:
Until they help England win the world cup then we will take them seriously.
if den fit steal the cup sha but honestly England ain't winning shit anytime soon ���
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by marvin906(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2019
karbarsar:

Like they used and dumped Bamidele Ali right?

apart from dele Ali and Ross Barkley..
what was the fate of the rest..
choosing England isn't the problem the problem is that the country they choose have the habit of using and dumping players tomori has a better chance in that team than Tammy..
and underperforming kane,vardy,rasford, will still be ahead of him..
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by DavSagacity(m): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
Them never learn from Gabriel Agbonlahor, John Fashanu, etc. ... They will bite their fingers by the time England give them one cap and dump them
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by marvin906(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2019
trappatoni:
if den fit steal the cup sha but honestly England ain't winning shit anytime soon ���

that team is cursed over the year's have watched them and Nigeria even have a better chance of winning the world cup before them we have the players we just need a coach like kloop,guardiola,conte

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Agrees £6.8m For Henry Onyekuru / The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.