Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up (26716 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Osaze's Allegation Against His Wife, Amara (video) / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Dextre(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Nigeria and entitlement sha... Why is this even news. They choose the country that bred them and nigerians dey run riot here. They don't owe nigeria anything. Moreova we have players,which one is nigeria is bigger than any player. E no concern you, we never call the ones wey dey here finish.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

My friend. Nigeria has a better chance of winning a trophy than England at the senior level, let us not go below where we have a far better record at age grade football. The last time we won a trophy at senior level was in 2013 AFCON. When was the last time England won a trophy at senior level anywhere.... 1966. They go for tournament after tournament, lose and get villified when they return, the squad gets disbanded and they start over again.

It also means Papillo is more decorated than any English footballer of this generation, period.

Yes English football is at a higher level in many ways than Nigeria's at present but the facts are facts. At the end of a career it will not be about counting 'chances of getting'. It will be about what has been gotten. Nigeria is not able to win the World Cup in this present state, so is England. He has rolled the dice amd settled for England, let us see how it plays out. Papillo is right. We don't need this distraction. Let us improve management of our football and footballing teams and downplay the role of players for once. Talents abound everywhere.

The fact is clear. Tammy Abraham has a far better chance of winning the Nations Cup with Nigeria than he has of winning the Euros with England. He also has a chance of a far longer career with Nigeria than he has with England.

You're talking of age category? Tammy and Tomori can't possibly come and play in any underage category now. Now, at senior team level, England is better rated than Nigeria and they both have more chances at world cup than Nigeria. Besides, playing in Euro is more prestigious than Afcon. Would you compare afcon which just ended to glamorous euro?

England is a better choice for them, provided that they will be in competitive good forms to continue earn call-ups.

Sterling is a Jamaican, yet has had more caps than Victor Moses who is a full blooded Nigerian and opted to play for Nigeria.
How many caps did Abbey George have for Nigeria before we left him? What about Leon Balogun that being forgotten now?

Being regularly called up to national team depends on the form, if they are out of form and and they choose Nigeria, Nigerians will call for their exit in no time also. Ighalo, our top scorer in recent years, at afcon qualifiers and afcon tournament was frustrated out of national team to retirement.

Victor moses was our top scorer for world cup qualifiers, had bad world cup and Nigerians were calling for his head, the guy had to retire.

To Tammy and Tomori, england is more homely to them than Nigeria. It was expected for them to choose England over Nigeria unless england didn't call for them.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by geosegun(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Stick your lying words up where the sun don't shine. You probably bever heard of cause and effect. If its so bad there why are people rushing to go there and when people go, are reluctant to come back? That is the question you should answer no one gives a shít where you have been or not been

*edited*

Be careful of who you talk to NL. It's a faceless forum but it can make or mar you. Trust me. I got my first ever Contract here on NL ...*edited*. I am not joking.
I know you a young man trying to make a living or possibly understand your chosen direction in life.

Now if I may ask, young man, where else have you been just within the shore of Nigeria aside the state you were born and possibly state of origin. Let's start from here first...be honest.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

Well said sir... Some of these kids are either poorly counselled, or don't heed to proper counsel. Just look at Jordan Ibe's life and career already going to the dogs. Smh.

You're quick to name those that failed because they weren't good not because of their origin. Sterling is from Jamaica, yet plays regularly fro England. Walker is also from Jamaica. Dele Alli was playing regularly for England until his recent drop in form. He could have continued been playing if he was still in form.

Jordan Ibe wasn't good enough. If had played for Naija also, we would have forgotten him by now. Tell me his exploits at his club? Every country drops out of form players. Where are Anichebe for Nigeria now, Joseph Makinwa, did Isaac Promise make it to Super Eagles despite playing for Nigeria and captaining them at U17, U-20 and 23.

There are several other players Nigeria have also used and abandoned. Where is Victor Moses, despite being top scorer for Nigeria at world cup qualifiers, he was derided and hated for poor WC outing till the poor boy had to retire. How many caps did Abbey George have for eagles? Is Leon Balogun in SE first team again? Where is recently capped Brian Idowu who also had dual citizenship with Russia or so? He has been forgotten after the world cup also.

Both Tammy and Tomori would be forgotten in Nigeria also if they eventually aren't good enough for Nigeria. It is about player's form that determines being called-up.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Angelfrost(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2019
peeps4u:

You're quick to name those that failed because they weren't good but because of their origin. Sterling is from Jamaica, yet plays regularly fro England. Walker is also from Jamaica.
Jordan Ibe wasn't good enough. If had played for Naija also, we would have forgotten him by now. Tell me his exploits at his club? Every country drops out of form players. Where are Anichebe for Nigeria now, Joseph Makinwa, did Isaac Promise make it to Super Eagles despite playing for Nigeria and captaining them at U17, U-20 and 23. There are several other players Nigeria have also used and abandoned. Where is Victor Moses, despite being top scorer for Nigeria at world cup qualifiers, he was derided and hated for poor WC outing till the poor boy had to retire. How many caps did Abbey George have for eagles? Is Leon Balogun in SE first team again? Where is recently known Brian Idowu? Forgotten after the world cup also.

I agree with you... But, we are talking about getting into the first team. At least the names you mentioned got the opportunity to show whether or not they had what it took to go the distance. What opportunity did Jordan Ibe get??! Did he ever stand a chance to begin with??!
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Bejusttoall: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
I would’ve been disappointed if those lads did not choose to play for England
Love your sincerity bro.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Minjim: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
It's their decision and I have to respect them got it
If I may ask, what was Nigeria's contribution to where they are and who they've become ?
If they had grown up in Nigeria, would they have had those early opportunities they had in GB?

Let's work on ourselves as a nation and such people will beg to play for us.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by peeps4u: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

I agree with you... But, we are talking about getting into the first team. At least the names you mentioned got the opportunity to show whether or not they had what it took to go the distance. What opportunity did Jordan Ibe get??! Did he ever stand a chance to begin with??!

Ibe was never at a time good enough to earn england callup sincerely. He was overlooked, not be cause of Nigerian factor but because he wasn't good enough. If Dele Alli could earn call up when he was in top form, why didn't he?

Being dropped has nothing to do with nationality. Look at Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshare today, they've all faded out because they aren't inform and wilshere and Walcott are full blooded English men. If they were Nigerians that opted to play for england and forgotten now, we would be saying because they were Nigerians.

I believe if sterling, a Jamaican and black race, could earn callup and even be one of England's key players, any Nigerian that's good enough would also break in.

I quite agree any player will have more chances of playing time for Nigeria than england because we can't compare the calibre of both teams, but I don't agree Tammy and Tomori will be forgotten soon even if they continue to give top performances for clubs and country. They can only be dropped if they flop just as they can be drooped if they flop for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Young man, I am a very down to earth person. I do not lie about who and what I'm not ...I can prove it to you. My first ever trip was the UK where I live presently. Singapore, France Sweden, etc are at my beck and call. You want more?

Be careful of who you talk to NL. It's a faceless forum but it can make or mar you. Trust me. I got my first ever Contract here on NL totaling about 300k. I am not joking.
I know you a young man trying to make a living or possibly understand your chosen direction in life.

Now if I may ask, young man, where else have you been just within the shore of Nigeria aside the state you were born and possibly state of origin. Let's start from here first...be honest.

Bro we are not arguing abput where you have been to. You keep missing the point perhaps you have comprehension issues. Abeg gget someone to explain
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by geosegun(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Bro we are not arguing abput where you have been to. You keep missing the point perhaps you have comprehension issues. Abeg gget someone to explain

So where did this emanate from? read your comment below?

"Who say the grass is not green? I bet you have never been anywhere"...and ...."Stick your lying words up where the sun don't shine."

Despite the fact that you use an uncouth language. I decided to ignore and explain further but you still went ahead to say something worse? I can bet you lack home training. I am sure if we meet one-on one. I will I will be so disappointed in my person and regret, ever responding to your comments, for the rest of my life and hence I will let it be now and allow you to say whatever you deemed necessary.

I have forgiven you. You are free to believe and say whatever you want, young man. This will be my final response to you.

NB: I will edit the places I have been as I am not the type that brags. I Just want to prove your assertion wrong.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Carlyboi(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
adenigga:

I agree with you!
How many times have you heard that all this European national teams owe their players match bonuses, winning bonuses. Compare to some African national teams, including Nigeria.

Have you heard it that European national teams protests or threatened to go on strike if their bonuses are not paid.
It is only in Africa we witnessed such embarrassment, therefore, I can't condemned those guys.

My brother, Success have many siblings, while failure is an orphan.
It is when things are going fine for you, people will identify with you. Let small setback comes, they will disappeared.
. Well you’re wrong Denmark had a wage/bonus row during the uefa nations league

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Carlyboi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
kaziblake:
The way Germany dump Sydney sam
hey babe how are you doing?btw do you remember Patrick owomoyela?where is okaka and onuoha now lol?someone talked bout Jamaica and sterling opting to play for England instead are we talking bout reggae here?i like the way zaha dumped like hot potatoes do you know Italy and France wanted koulibally even deschamps almost called him up not knowing he played for Senegal already.....! grin
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by somehow: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
There is nothing like "used and dumped" if you got paid while you rendered services to the nation
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by davillian(m): 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
Me won't play for Nigeria o.
After another country built me..
Nigeria kills dreams and talents... You go out and everything becomes soft...
If someone like Aj grew up in Nigeria who go know am...
When you have everything to build yourself then there is no limit to what you can achieve...
Living in a country of man know man..
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by ottersberger(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nigerians are comedians.

Why is it that all you guys want is to reap from where you refused to sow?.

England invested in these boys. They painstakingly established and nurtured a very effective youth football system. It is this same scheme that produced these lads that some of us are here foaming in the mouth about.

Will you be surprised if you read that these boys parents subsided on state welfare payments at some point to stay alive and help them get to where they are today?. What has your pretty Nigeria ever done for you that these fellows will need to kill themselves for Nigeria?.

Your Nigeria has never, and probably will never take the pain and discipline to stand anything on its feet, but will greedily open its hands to receive.

Until this country, and I mean the individuals therein, learn and begin to hold the system responsible for their behavior, do not expect any sacrifice from people who have battled their way through life to serve your benefit. The entitlement mentality in the Nigerian society just plain stinks.

If Mr Abraham and Mr Tomori were domiciled in Nigeria, your government and society at large, having not done anything to further them, and having applied every wicked and selfish scheme known to man in furtherance of their diminish and dehumanization agenda such that happens to every Nigerian youth of today at every turn, will ultimately badge them lazy youths.

In their heart of hearts, these dudes may want to file out on the play field proudly wearing the Super Eagles Jersey on their back, but given what you and I know about Nigeria and it's ways, common sense will instruct otherwise, even at the risk of less play time and stiff competition at 3 lions.

Lastly, I believe that their decisions were dictated to them by a nation that has refused to grow, and that which lack a care or reward culture for which it's future generation can proudly hold on to, even in hope.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Augiiee(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
peeps4u:

If they continue to be in form, they keep getting caps. Sterling is a Jamaican, yet he plays for them regularly.
Even if they choose Nigeria and eventually fail to replicate the current form, they will be forgotten soon. How many caps did Abbey George have for Nigeria?
Haven't we started benching Leon Balogun? In no time he will be dropped.

It is a matter of form, both of them will get playing time and caps for england if they are in top form still.
Secondly, they have a higher chance of winning an international ticket playing for Nigeria than with England
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by respect80(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
trappatoni:
if den fit steal the cup sha but honestly England ain't winning shit anytime soon ���
Lol

Waiting for England to win world cup is tantamount to waiting for Nigerian politicians to worry about the poor masses.
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Vamos(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
They should play for Nigeria abi and amaju pinnick will be telling them to use their money to pay their Bills while amaju go dey AY show for Abuja tabe for 5..mtchw
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Jaqenhghar: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

So where did this emanate from? read your comment below?

"Who say the grass is not green? I bet you have never been anywhere"...and ...."Stick your lying words up where the sun don't shine."

Despite the fact that you use an uncouth language. I decided to ignore and explain further but you still went ahead to say something worse? I can bet you lack home training. I am sure if we meet one-on one. I will I will be so disappointed in my person and regret, ever responding to your comments, for the rest of my life and hence I will let it be now and allow you to say whatever you deemed necessary.

I have forgiven you. You are free to believe and say whatever you want, young man. This will be my final response to you.

NB: I will edit the places I have been as I am not the type that brags. I Just want to prove your assertion wrong.

Oga this is not about how much is in your account or where you have been. You said something along the lines of grass not being green on the other side which is not true and I said if it is true that the grass is not green, why are people still queuing up in different embassies and cant wait to leave this dump? You started going off into your travel logs.
When you see me you shouldnt be surprised because I havent told you anything about myself nor have I tried to make any impression. You accuse me of using uncouth language but you were the person calling someone a fool for expressing himself. I know in Niggeria its a taboo to disagree with wealthy people but I wasnt raised that way. Your having miney does t mean we should nod everytime you speak.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by tck2000(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Then you are 'probably' are a fool. The grass is not always green on the other side. The negativity you see always about your country is what is keeping you so frustrated. if you are going to be successful, first thing to do is to change your thinking orientation and your attitude. Then you will begin to see every reason why your country will always be the place to be. Ajo ko le da bi ile (Translate the phrase to English, French or whatever language you understand)
.Tell him
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
England will use and dump them las las.

Only ? They will never get the fame and recognition that other white players get let's face it..they won't even be given that strategic position that they can make a name ...

Leave them
Re: Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
Reference:

C'mon don't be disingenuous. We develop soccer talent perhaps more than any other country in the world. We are the most successful country on the planet in youth football and government has expended billions over the decades in age grade programs and tourneys.

Yes we may not have the sophistication, technology, know how, managerial skill and temperament to sustain programs and deliver the last step at the highest levels but we have done a lot for soccer development on the global stage. FIFA acknowledges that. The fellow who this post revolves around Papillo is a prime example of what Nigeria can produce.

Let me ask you this question. By the time Papillo arrived in your mighty England and Arsenal was he developed or not...sure you cannot compare a country with a thousand years of history with one that is just 59 years. England invented the modern game, Nigeria did not so there is bound to be a gap. Please just don't write us off as useless because of this recent fad of seeking foreign born players.

It is just a fad and has not defined our achievements in anyway. There is no Cup we have won at any level since the 70's that has been defined by our successful quest and integration of foreign born players. It is just a passing fad.

Honestly I like the way you mouth straight-up fallacies with a straight face. Nigeria develops more soccer talent thatn any other country in the world? That's the biggest lie I've heard so far this year lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? / Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) / Nigeria Wins Gold, Sets New Record At The World U-20 Athletcs Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.