Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige (21778 Views)

New Salary Scale/table Issued On ₦30,000 Minimum Wage / FG May Retain Npower Volunteers / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by EdiskyHarry: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2019
if someone that has gone to school can reason this way, then there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2019
This govt are insensitive to the plights of the masses... Instead of sacking workers , why can't the government reduced the huge amount of money on security vote, constituency allowance and cut the cost of governance...

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by OChimex: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2019
Inspectahdeck:
I was expecting this statement from government.

Well most government workers just resume every day to gist and sell wares.
I wonder what workers in the water, steel etc do in office daily? Some of their offices are in terrible state.

But those he calls for their sack are breadwinners in their various homes. Imagine what will become of their kids if their parents are sacked and jobless. Some European/Arab countries pay their citizens for doing nothing.
I don't see a need for Nigeria to have Senators and Representatives. Scrap off one chamber, cut down cost of running govt. and use the money to implement minimum wage and so many other development projects.
The senators are demanding 5 billion to buy cars, yet they have cars and are paid over 30 million a month. In this abject poverty My goodness are we really humans����
I have come to conclusion that blacks are cursed. They are very close to animal world than the Western world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by udemzyudex(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2019
Next level,them never see anything.

We are all in this together.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by ransomed: 10:14am On Oct 04, 2019
I am so sure nothing good can come from Okija shrine. Daura is a well known miser , the combination is equal to wickedness and pain.
You increase vat, return toll gate and ready to sack workers..and you promised to make life easier for the common man. May God rule your life and your generations exactly the way you rule Nigerians. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by ogododo: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
VAT Increment
Toll Gate
Fuel Increase
Now...
Retrenchment
Which kain Next Level Be This?
Next level just de load, by the time things heat up. Dem don close boarders now we no fit run go Benin Republic
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by RexTramadol1: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2019
I believe Jonathan would have paid this stuff if he's the one in power

Just that it will open doors for the choppers too

At all at all na e bad pass

Instead of all these merry go rounds
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by tiredoflife(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
VAT Increment
Toll Gate
Fuel Increase
Now...
Retrenchment

The type yorubas like till 2023
when they assume it will be their turn
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by bfm1(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2019
ogun,ayilala and sango kill all our government officials,because all of them including the president.they are all killing this country.awon oloriburuku ole mase anfani eda.bunch of thieves.ole awon jegudu jera.ko ni da fun gbogbo yin lati oke de ile.stupid nigeria government.una go carry dead body say make he dey rule nigeria abii.nigeria youth wake up.dem those old agbaya politican don finish this country already. BABA GOD ABEG SAVE US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Metroman2: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2019
The workers understand that the federal government may not fully be resourceful enough to meet their demands judging by their population as far as this issue is concerned. But what the workers are indirectly saying is that the politicians in the senate and the executive should cut down on their own allowances for them to equally cooperate with the Government! Why is the minister shying away from this argument. You reduce the cost of funding the senators and ministers for us to take you seriously. And why are the senators strongly opposed to a slash in their allowances? Why is it that most ex-Governors are always justling for parliamentary offices after frustrating the salary increment in their own states? Why can't they create rooms for other people to come in? Answer-- to keep absorbing the cash and yielding to the salary demands of worker might short-change their hidden agenda. Must the senators and ministers live extravagant lives because they in government? We are tired of their so-called flimsy excuses they keep giving us as being the reason for demanding high pay. Why is other economies not experiencing the same cost? Nigerian senators still remain one of thethe highest paid in the world in a country of origin he so called 98milion poverty stricken guys
Presently it appears the senators financial status are given the impression that there is money in this country and the workers will not be the losers!
That in my own opinion is the message they are sending to the minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by EdoBoy90(m): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2019
Time to take an exit route from this country, the future is uncertain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2019
Buhari is setting bad precedence to the next APC candidate in 2023 with his anti Democratic settings and lack of consideration to his citizens

this is plain stupid
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by owila4luv(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2019
Any Government That Want To Be Useless Will Be Useless! The Government Of The Day Is Useless!
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by CioAngels(f): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2019
Christonjnr:
The Govt of Nigeria is the most insensitive type of govt in the world, where senators package as much 30m in a monthly basics as their respective salaries and allawances without contributing anything to the country ,Som even go as far as lookin billions from their constituency project allocations.
common to implement 30,000 minimum wage is a big things to do.
may God help common man in this nation
I thought the president supported of the wage, his support initially was a deceit.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Nackzy: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2019
My happiness is that those idiots that voted for Buhari will be affected in one way or the other...Fooooooooooooooooooooools, your hate for a particular tribe and party is making you promote, insecurity, hunger, poverty, hardship and also suffering from it, Nigerians are very Stupid, imagine buying fuel 86 Naira and they said nooo, they want to vote for someone that will make them buy 145, shame will never allow most of them admit their regrets...May Thunder fire anybody in this group that Voted for Buhari..May boko Haram kill your family members, May you be one of those people that will be sacked, idiotssss

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by livebyday(m): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2019
post=82824450:
We have written this more than once here.....
Hope it can get to the right sources.

HOW NIGERIA CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY.......... [/color]

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL MOST of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigeria economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) [color=#990000]Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Lol cheesy.
In Jesus name and Insha Allah.
PYO, Aka STARBOY will be our next president in 2023.

Btw, we don't do politics, especially Naija kinda politics.
All we want is a better Nigeria.
We have no other country to call our own.
You are very right with your points also Troublemaker! wink

For the first time you made a post that seems it came from.an enlightened mind backed by solid education

I am in awe that you could think this deeply

Cheers to you smiley
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Rule 2 to be successful in life: Ignore fraudsters and losers.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2019
A government that cuts corners in everything pertaining to the welfare of her citizens... One of the campaign promises of this government was to cut cost of governance, instead you want to cut off the sole income source of most Nigerians in an already impoverished nation.... Yet you continue filling up the cabinet with useless appointments, in addition to a law-making arm overstaffed with efulefus.... Smh.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2019
Eberex:
These guys are real THIEVES!!!

If you really want to help the masses why not reduce the allowance House of REP and Lawmakers collect? Why not do something about their own excess money?

I am fed up with this country.

Hatred everywhere!

Let's come out and protest
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Eberex(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Let's come out and protest

That is the only way, but our youths are too timid.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by CioAngels(f): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2019
Ngige, is this a threat or what? Well, the civil servant should prepare sack the politicians if they want survive. If Ngige can come to to say sack then he is a wicked man. Ngige, it is now time you travel abroad and let's see who will sack who. I thought Nnamdi Kanu was wrong but I now see I right he was. Nigerians should sack politicians before strike and let's see who will carry the shame. LarryColdSweat says "Man Wen De Down, No De Fear Fall" lets see who will be disgraced. Civil servants, if you still want your children to still go to the substandard schools you are managing to send your children to, employ the services of Nnamdi Kano. No money to pay 30k but they have money to buy unnecessary cars and to build facilities for other countries. Heartless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2019
Eberex:

That is the only way, but our youths are too timid.

We can start planning and creating awareness. I'm tired of social media protest.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Tsolutionifede(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...it...affects...
not affects, because the full clause is "it will only affect" thanks
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Eberex(m): 11:56am On Oct 04, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

We can start planning and creating awareness. I'm tired of social media protest.

Not yet bro.

Nigeria never deal with her citizens yet. Nobody go tell them to protest when that time reach
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Inspectahdeck:

I wonder what workers in the water, steel etc do in office daily? Some of their offices are in terrible state.
75 % of Nigeria's work force needs to go really.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Peter887: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

SOURCE: https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2019/10/minimum-wage-fg-may-sack-workers-says-ngige/
....why intend to sack workers?.hmmmmmm everytime need arise 4 the poor masses, money will nt always be sufficient, but when it meants 4 the political mogul everwthing will be sorted smoothly....our leaders please learn to solve problems not to cause more problems
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by fanysteve: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
Stop complaining everyone ; this is Next Level , una never see anything yet
valentineuwakwe:

SOURCE: https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2019/10/minimum-wage-fg-may-sack-workers-says-ngige/
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by Maghan37: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
Why do pple assume that it is only in the private sector that workers earn below minimum wage? I work as a casual and I earn 10k in a govt parastal and i am being owed 4 months salary.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by notoriousbabe: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Not surprised. I saw it coming right from day one and it is sure gonna happen and then all the crimes we are experiencing in Nigeria now will just be child's play. Very useless, insensitive and satanic government. God punish all of you, your families and supporters
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by banio: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
Inspectahdeck:

Even in oil multinationals, the staff don't work more than two hours out of the twelve hours. They also gist, drink tea, eat and merry.
One can't work continuously for eight to twelve hours, it is not normal. One must rest, gist, drink tea and play. That's how work is.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by GiantParrot(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
post=82824450:
We have written this more than once here.....
Hope it can get to the right sources.

HOW NIGERIA CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY.......... [/color]

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL MOST of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigeria economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) [color=#990000]Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Lol cheesy.
In Jesus name and Insha Allah.
PYO, Aka STARBOY will be our next president in 2023.

Btw, we don't do politics, especially Naija kinda politics.
All we want is a better Nigeria.
We have no other country to call our own.
You are very right with your points also Troublemaker! wink

This, in my opinion, is one of the top posts on Nairaland's politics session.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige by notoriousbabe: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
VAT Increment
Toll Gate
Fuel Increase
Now...
Retrenchment
you have not sin anything yet. Next level to bad gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is still loading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? / I Didn't Negotiate My Salary Well / 2016 Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.