Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others (18522 Views)

Those Who Threaten Nigeria's Sovereignty Will Have Themselves To Blame - Tinubu / Ghana Nigeria Trade War. The Speech That Pissed Off Nigeria's President. / Nigeria Conflict Stops Farmers’ Bid To Benefit From Us-China Trade War-Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Sirnuel: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
post=82827105:

See dem.......
Must you comment if a thread is too difficult for you to comprehend?
[/s]
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by YungJo207(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2019
As long as this won't affect Agriculture wetin concern me grin beside all I see is manufacturer this and that GDP this and that I no even understand sef angry
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by mercyviv(f): 11:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Nigerians don't care to read, to them whatever negative effect the economy may face is due to Buhari's lack of requisite leadership skills. QED
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

2 Likes

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by MizyB(f): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2019
Even the stock markets of major economies all over the world are all experiencing drop in their mkt caps. Reasons ranging from the trade war btwn US and China, the bleakness of the future of oil revenue, ati bebe lo
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Princewell2012(m): 11:47am On Oct 04, 2019
Kyllahmc:
why don't you make me understand? Afterall we are all here to learn.

Forget about her, I doubt if she understood herself? Otherwise where is her own contribution?

1 Like

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Omoslim26: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
what is war without AK47 RPG and otumopkoo that one nah yeye war jare
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by grandstar(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
Psalm2423:
Make them free us with this useless reports joor. They can predict economic growth and they can't save their useless nation from its forthcoming depression. Nigeria won't suffer anything, these reports are false. They're solely based on oil, which can easily be countered by other national inputs like human inputs in other industries. Also, if Nigeria is sensible, she should stick to Chinese products. A nation with a bad economy is only fit for inferior goods. I don't understand why they want to import from European nations and North Americans, when our oil prices are low, and won't be able to cover the import costs.

Africans have an imitation problem, we should all stick to inferior goods, so the economy can grow. And don't quote me if you don't understand what inferior goods really means, unless you want me to explain for you.

Pardon any error.

Your understanding of economics is woeful. It needs brushing up

1 Like

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Damod88: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
SoNature:

As far as I am concerned, who will ultimately become the winner remains uncertain.

Although the two economies are feeling the heat, the Chinese economy is feeling it more. These are according to official stats.

The best bet is for the two countries to call a truce.

However, I don't see China taking over the US as the world's largest economy. For more than a decade, we have been hearing that China has the fastest growing economy in the world yet it hasn't overtaken the US.

America just has its fingers in every pie...

The trade war was as a result of the huge trade deficit America has with china, for China exports more goods to America than what she imports. As regards China taking over from America, if you do really know how poor and backward China was before the reform and opening up, then you will appreciate the Chinese for having worked out a miracle. In the early 50s the poorest American state was richer than China. From 1978 upwards, China achieved extraordinary economic growth that in a little more than 30 years it came the second largest economy in the world. China might not have taken over from America in terms of nominal GDP and GDP per capita, but surely China is the world's largest economy in ppp terms. China is the largest trading nation and the largest consumer market. China also manufactures more goods than America.
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by SoNature(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
Damod88:

The trade war was as a result of the huge trade deficit America has with china, for China exports more goods to America than what she imports. As regards China taking over from America, if you do really know how poor and backward China was before the reform and opening up, then you will appreciate the Chinese for having worked out a miracle. In the early 50s the poorest American state was richer than China. From 1978 upwards, China achieved extraordinary economic growth that in a little more than 30 years it came the second largest economy in the world. China might not have taken over from America in terms of nominal GDP and GDP per capita, but surely China is the world's largest economy in ppp terms. China is the largest trading nation and the largest consumer market. China also manufactures more goods than America.

You seem pro-China grin
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Kyllahmc(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
Princewell2012:

Forget about her, I doubt if she understood herself? Otherwise where is her own contribution?
oh na woman be that? She is too lousy for a girl though... Too bad.
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Beat123(f): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dumb Africans. Letting a country without oil detect oil prices...

Joining forces with a country that does want to to progress

..., lemme just business!
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Psalm2423(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
grandstar:

Your understanding of economics is woeful. It needs brushing up

Oh sorry. I'll check for your comment on the topic. Maybe I can learn from it.
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by pacespot(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
Slump in commodity prices? That is a good news for Nigeria. We import everything in this country.
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by blueghost(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Enough of this already
It's high time we start manufacturing our own stuffs. We should pursue and put priorities in the right place

1 Like

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by MicroBox: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
National Geography and National Geography Wild are no more on Startime...
I hope is not the trade war
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Too much English in one write up.

How does trade war between China and US affect Africa ?
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Lahmeda(m): 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
No time to check time.
This period is actually a peak period for those understand forex trading.

Lahmeda
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
Damod88:

Ching Chong...
Why not talk about how to make Nigeria a better place for Nigerians or how we gonna Benefit from their trade war shit..

Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by tck2000(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
mercyviv:
Nigerians don't care to read, to them whatever negative effect the economy may face is due to Buhari's lack of requisite leadership skills. QED
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
lol
Re: Trade War, Price Slump Threaten Nigeria, Others by SavageResponse(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
African nations are always caught in the cross fire when other continents are 'fighting'

(1) (2) (Reply)

“His Whereabouts Are Not Hidden” – Bwala Blasts EFCC For Declaring Bello Wanted / Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / Sylva Mobilises Bayelsa APC Members To Clear Refuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.