Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists (10714 Views)

Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by supereagle(m): 4:18am On Aug 21, 2012
There were indications yesterday that the Federal Government may go after the strategists and financiers of the Boko Haram sect as a way of ending the spate of bombings in the country. Also being targeted by security agencies are those believed to be inciting the sect into violence through the spread of hate messages in certain parts of the country.

A reliable government source told Vanguard that security agents had decided to look beyond those who merely throw bombs in their bid to find a lasting solution to the cycle of violence in parts of the North.

About 1,000 Nigerians have so far been killed in various parts of the country since the sect began its bombing activities in 2009, according to Human Rights Watch.
The source said the administration decided to take on other elements of the sect, who have decided to make life unbearable for other Nigerians.

The source said: “The focus of the search is gradually shifting from the sect’s foot soldiers, who merely go on suicide missions to the financiers, intelligence class and those who indoctrinate the bomb-throwers”.

Asked if indeed the sect was involved in any form of dialogue with the government, the source admitted that some form of discussion was going on with the administration but declined to give further details.

The source said the recent listing of three Boko Haram leaders as terrorists by the United States had made some members of the group to seek dialogue, apparently to avoid being designated as a foreign terrorist organisation.

“The sect has come to realise that the government is fully aware of what it is doing and that is why they have soft-pedaled. The heat is more than what the sect can take,” the source said.

Last week, a prominent northern leader, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, warned people to stop associating the sect with any religion, as its activities did not have anything to do with any of the religious groups in the country.

Mohammed said: “As far as I am concerned, Boko Haram is a terrorist group; it has nothing to do with Islam or Christianity. Let those who are ignorant stop associating it with any religion and face the reality on the ground.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/fg-to-go-after-boko-haram-financiers-strategists/cartoon-nigeria/
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by achi4u(m): 5:30am On Aug 21, 2012
What have they (FG)been waiting for untill about 1400 people loose their lives and properties worth billions of naira were been destroyed before they start fishing out those animals behind it?.

Thank god FG knows them very well
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by donkarly(m): 5:35am On Aug 21, 2012
na today?..'kwums is not mems'..
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Aug 21, 2012
WHEN? ? Today or Tommorrow
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2012
This is one of those times where the saying "better now than never" doesn't hold. I don't understand why the FG had to wait for hundreds to thousands of Nigerians to suffer before coming to this obvious solution. Some of us have been shouting this thing for over a year. I wonder if they expect us to clap now.
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by ozalogbo: 7:20am On Aug 21, 2012
We have heard this over and over. Tell us another story.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by juman(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2012
ozalogbo: We have heard this over and over. Tell us another story.

Abi o. grin
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by ifeci: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2012
Stori, Stori!!! Story!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by rapmike(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2012
achi4u: What have they (FG)been waiting for untill about 1400 people loose their lives and properties worth billions of naira were been destroyed before they start fishing out those animals behind it?.

indeed

2 Likes

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2012
just another empty press release that will only be celebrated by the gej muppets
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Smallville4live(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2012
Must they say it on the media. Let them work, enough of talking.

1 Like

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by timmy1999(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2012
Foolish country.,rule by foolish govt..
Well...I will soon change my nationality..very soon I won't bear ths country name again
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by mirob(f): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2012
donkarly: na today?..'kwums is not mems'..

Lol
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by redcliff: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2012
[size=20pt]Vomits on thread and walks away...[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2012
achi4u: What have they (FG)been waiting for untill about 1400 people loose their lives and properties worth billions of naira were been destroyed before they start fishing out those animals behind it?.

that's the disadvantage of having a slow poke as president! U sit and wait till boko haram kills hundreds of pple before u take action.isn't that pathetic? This is what he ought to have done right from the onset.my condolences to the families who lost their loved ones.its really a shame on this government.
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Holyrule(m): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2012
How will they know the strategists and financiers?
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by surgicalblade: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2012
my broda abio o
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by DANILSA(m): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2012
timmy1999: Foolish country.,rule by foolish govt..
Well...I will soon change my nationality..very soon I won't bear ths country name again
oboy u go North Korea or chad, I can only relocate but not Deny my roots. Thrash.
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by brownlord: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2012
Foolish press release, by a foolish govt. to foolish people, why go to press before action, why don't the press come in after, I though they said investigation committe was tru with farouk case and they ready to persecute,my hw long will it take before this is done?, Abel let this people shut up if they hw notin to say, which financiers r they lookin for again, they don't know where atiku, buhari, Ibb. And northern criminals are again abi,
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by gegee(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2012
Na wa o ! Something wey dem suppose don do since nai dem dey come announce as if na now dem dey get sense...rubish !
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by alaoeri: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2012
The report is somehow 'may go' not even 'will go' so what are they waiting for? Another tales by moonlight. undecided
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by vislabraye(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2012
Action is better than words.
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by four4: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2012
Na today we don dey tell us this?
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Michrach: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2012
Lovin it, what an interestin story. Lmao
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by iloike(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2012
donkarly: na today?..'kwums is not mems'..
reality is what i stand for!
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by ifeci: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2012
Smallville4live: Must they say it on the media. Let them work, enough of talking.

Abi o, Let their work speak for them
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by four4: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2012
Na today we don dey tell us this? Wish them good luck sha
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2012
Nonsense, must they voice everything out? Bunch of nonentities.

1 Like

Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by timmy1999(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2012
DANILSA: oboy u go North Korea or chad, I can only relocate but not Deny my roots. Thrash.
Foolish...its my choice..and I choose life..u may choose death and poverty in naija
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by hardbody: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2012
berem: that's the disadvantage of having a slow poke as president! U sit and wait till boko haram kills hundreds of pple before u take action.isn't that pathetic? This is what he ought to have done right from the onset.my condolences to the families who lost their loved ones.its really a shame on this government.

LOL better late than Never
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by hillsate: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2012
The FG is still thinking of going after them. WOW!
May the next bomb go off inside villa in the arms of GEJ two kids. I guess the FG won't be thinking then.
Re: FG To Go After Boko-Haram Financiers & Strategists by Bukkyade: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2012
Which kind yeye source? Abeg make we reason well. That publication did not quote any govt official. Just source source, which source?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges / Boko Haram Insurgents Kill Seven, Burn Three Villages In Borno / Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.